Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Jan 6, 2012 4:13 PM
Mar 2010
A good start to the anime. Both the OST and animation are great and I look forward to watching this! :D
Jan 13, 2012 3:03 AM

Jul 2009
Wanted to know what's the big deal with this anime, is it worth the hype/hate.

Events occuring too conveniently to suspend the disbelief; deus ex machinas; "typical highschool student," who can carry and swing a sword more or less his size, unbelievable MC; terrorists going blow for blow with the army; the hacker=god cliche (16:42)... GC tries to be serious but fails, so far I'd say it's worth the hate.

And it gets worse? LOL.
Jan 18, 2012 12:01 PM

Aug 2009
the inori singing - too damn cute
Feb 12, 2012 6:05 PM

Jan 2010
GUNDAMSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Wow, great first episode.
I don't really like Shu's voice though...
Feb 18, 2012 11:33 PM

Mar 2009
Pretty amazing start! The animation is superb, I hope the whole show is like this!

Gai was insane, I hope there's a lot more hand to hand in this. I've been needing another show like this!

I was planning to wait until it was finished, and watch straight through, but I've heard a lot of good things about it, and was caught up with all my weeklys. Now I'm not, now I've got 16 more episodes to catch up on.

Urahara Out!!
Feb 19, 2012 4:17 AM
Jul 2018

Nice start.
Inori is super cute. C:
Funnel~ I want to have that robot. xD
Mar 3, 2012 12:46 AM

Sep 2009
I liked it...but holy shit Code Geass much.
Mar 15, 2012 5:10 PM
Oct 2011
I really liked their OP, then watching first 10 minutes afterwards was really interesting to continue watching this series
Mar 23, 2012 4:37 PM
Jan 2012
First thought: nice art! Nice pan as well... But why in a unicorn's name, is there a lighthouse in the middle of a city???
Beautiful sounds. EARGASM. RAINBOWS TO MY EARS. 
Oop. A ref to YouTube. Awkward provocative bird lady say what? And now there is a sonar radar somewhere.
Second thoughts: I'm liking Shu at the moment. He's really quiet and calm. And that girl is really nice too.
"I'm dense? Maybe it's true that my mind works out of step with everybody else's. It's just that I don't know what to say to other people. So I hide my nervousness and go along with what they say. That's how I've made the quasi-friendships in your life." I FEEL YOU SHU. I FEEL YOU. YOUR BRO OREEMOR GOT YOU RIGHT HERE. I was once like that so I can relate to this introduction to Shu. 

He has a supercomputer in a rundown area. Where anyone can just waltz in. Really. 
Anyway, she has a beautiful voice. It sorta sounds like the song Zelda plays on the harp for me. I mean Link ;)
She led them to where she was thanks to the blood she was dripping all over the place. 

Oooh the logo for the transition is shiny. Shiny shiny. 
Inou whatever her name is has really provocative clothing. That's right, I'm harsh judging right now (it's late okay? This is what happens when I stay up late >.<)

He thrusted his hand into her chest and brought out a pillar of rock? No... It's a... gun? Oh a sword. So this is the power of Guilty Crown. 

Yeah. The first part where Shu is watching a video of Inori was really suggestive. This was why I had not started watching it. Back when I did not have my MAL account, I just wandered aimlessly in search of new anime, and Guilty Crown was one of the new anime stuffs.

And that's the end of the show!
Mar 23, 2012 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
oreemor said:
But why in a unicorn's name, is there a lighthouse in the middle of a city???

That's Tokyo Tower, bro.
Mar 23, 2012 6:48 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, OP is nice, MC girl is pretty, art is wonderful, I'll be watching this now :>
Mar 27, 2012 2:03 AM

Sep 2011
Holy shit? EPIC! Loved it.
Apr 10, 2012 8:51 PM

Mar 2009
The singing was decent and the music was mostly good but what's up with that "use me" lol.
Jul 12, 2012 1:24 PM
Feb 2008
The production values were good for the most part and the CGI didn't feel completely out of place like it does in some shows. There was still some camera panning instead of actual animation but the director hid it better than other shows (at least I think so). I liked how the OP was interjected with the intro of the show. I also like how the character while still a teen is a bit older than the 14 and 15 year olds I've been seeing alot in recent shows I've watched.

The music like others said was nice. Though her outfit was a little lolworthy. I have no problems with fanservice but I think it's better if the creators are a bit more sly about how they showcase it. This girl looks like an extra NPC from Final Fantasy or something.

The overall art direction is pretty neat. I especially like the controlling of mechs by remote a la drone pilots except with more feedback (what good is a mecha show if you don't have pilots screaming in agony due to psychic feedback?). It's all very futurisitc I feel more so than Code Geass, which so far this show seems to draw from at least in the general scheme of terrorists, secret experiment, mysterious girl who escapes with said experiment and a young highschooler gaining power from said girl/experiment by mistake
Jul 14, 2012 12:13 AM
Jul 2018
Finally started this. But to be honest, since I just finished rewatching Code Geass for the don't-know-how-many-times, the first episode reminded me so much of Code Geass. The changing of district's name, mysterious girl, the robots, and of course, "the power of the king".

I'm having a good expectation towards this anime and hopefully it will separate itself from my comparison with Code Geass. Many would had mentioned this - I also have an issue with Inori's outfit. (Is this the trend nowadays?) And also the idea of pulling a weapon out of a girl's body.

Great music, great animation. As expected by Production I.G. :)
Jul 19, 2012 8:49 PM

Nov 2011
I don't get it, what warranted him to help her? For all he knows, he is just helping a filthy terrorist by delivering that device. Yes, I guess he is a fan of her songs, but that does not give him a half good reason to even think of helping her. If it were most people, they would have turned in the device to the badass who caught the terrorist.

I also don't like how he ran in randomly with absolutely no plan other than to die. It was absolute luck that she happened to be a super weapon he could use to destroy the robot. If she was just a normal person that happened to be part of a terrorist organization, he would have been screwed and looked super stupid for running in for no reason.

Ahhhh, some parts just kind of tick me off, but I have high hopes that it will get better.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jul 29, 2012 1:03 PM

Mar 2010
Sentimental at the beginning and decent midway, not very interesting since wimpy guy gets stronger and wins. Well I enjoyed the singing and how well made inori is.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 8, 2012 7:11 AM

Feb 2012
I just started watching this and Pilot episode was so good everything was perfect Inori's song was emotional and Shu was interesting character that first seemed guy that can't do nothing but then in the end he was totally awesome. This is definitely one of the great anime for me I hope :)
Aug 10, 2012 7:46 PM

Jul 2012
This was really fast-paced. Not sure if I like that yet. Let's see what the shitstorm about this anime is all about.

A really engaging first episode is all I have to say.
Sep 2, 2012 8:14 AM

Aug 2012
well i think it was boring episode, we'll c l8er;)
Sep 3, 2012 2:24 PM
Jul 2012
First episode is cool. But looks way too familar from code geass. Expect the girl is shy.
Sep 4, 2012 12:21 PM

Sep 2012
If you have doubts about this anime, just look at my profile picture.
Sep 30, 2012 2:00 AM

Jul 2012
Great start. I've heard good and bad things about this anime but it's okay. I'm gonna try and watch all of it.

Animation and sound are top notch so far! :3
Jan 2, 2013 3:34 PM

Jul 2012
Well, finally starting this after months of hesitation. Quite a lot of people seem to dislike this series.

For the most part, this episode was a nice start to the show. Have yet to see why this show is terrible, though people do say it gets bad later on. Great OP and ED, nice background music (quite unique, my first time hearing rock-ish music as BG music, excluding NANA) - I like it^^ Hmm, Shu isn't that annoying to me, at least yet; he seems to have trouble finding who he really is.

Well, I'm going in to this series without much expectation (plus, someone told me how this series ended as well -.-); but hoping I'm surprised^^
Jan 10, 2013 12:21 PM

May 2012
Interesting start of this Anime, really liked the action and mysterious feel over it, I wonder what the story has to offer us!
Feb 14, 2013 3:42 AM

Jan 2012
doesn't seem bad so far
Feb 28, 2013 4:44 AM

Apr 2009
PerfectScore said:
I couldn't even get past 10 minutes of this anime, until a friend told me that there was this scene where a blonde badass comes by and saves the MC. Am I just being too critical over how boring and generic the first 10 minutes were?

Nope.
Actually, the first episode was probably the best as it didn't have that many possibilities to fuck the story over back then.
Well, it still is retarded but not that much of a gigantic trainwreck it became later on.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 1, 2013 9:03 PM

Apr 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
PerfectScore said:
I couldn't even get past 10 minutes of this anime, until a friend told me that there was this scene where a blonde badass comes by and saves the MC. Am I just being too critical over how boring and generic the first 10 minutes were?

Nope.
Actually, the first episode was probably the best as it didn't have that many possibilities to fuck the story over back then.
Well, it still is retarded but not that much of a gigantic trainwreck it became later on.

IMO it started to turn into shit around episode 3. Before that it was still bearable despite the blatent lack of logic and common sense.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Mar 10, 2013 6:53 AM
Jan 2010
15edgy3me
Mar 12, 2013 7:36 PM
Dec 2012
Wow is all I can say about this anime so far. The music is great, the animation are fantastic, and there seems to be a very mysterious atmosphere at work in this anime. I went into Guilty Crown now really knowing anything about it, but I'm glad I did decide to try it out.
Apr 20, 2013 5:57 AM
Mar 2012
This was so damn average and out of place, the mc is a serious pain and that pink haired is one dumb airhead
Jul 3, 2013 5:13 AM
Feb 2013
well okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
I really can't tell wether I'll like this or not, but I'll give it a try.
I didn't really like Shu or the girl, but Gai was SO badass that he really saved this episode for me.
Jul 9, 2013 3:45 PM

Feb 2013
Nice first episode
Jul 14, 2013 7:58 AM

Aug 2012
Feels like a Code Geass rip off. Will see if it's enjoyable nonetheless.

Jul 23, 2013 6:09 AM
Sep 2012
Story wise in my opinion , this anime is a wreck...Im only starting to watch it 2nd time for , animations&musics&ofc Inori! O.o
Aug 7, 2013 9:31 PM

Dec 2012
That was awesome, I really hope they explain a lot of what just happened though
Aug 10, 2013 6:50 AM

May 2013
Another anime that i will watch hmmm i wish i have the time to finish all of my watching but if the school ends i think ill have more time than i can imagine. hmm about this anime i like it and i know some of us are watching this just because we fell in love in that girl i fell in love with her to just by looking at the anime picture
Sep 23, 2013 3:01 PM

May 2013
I came into this series with a very low expectation, but so far it has exceeded that low expectation.
Sep 29, 2013 4:34 PM
Feb 2013
This is amazing. Where can I get the soundtrack?
Oct 17, 2013 11:50 PM

Jul 2013
Reminds me of Code Geass' first episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2013 11:52 PM

Jan 2008
I am enjoying this series so far not to ecchi but there is still enough well to be honest there is as ton of ecchi but it really isnt like really big boobs ecchi which for me takes away from the story n the characters so far good
Dec 1, 2013 3:18 PM

May 2012
So this is a Christmas anime right? All i remember from the synopsis is the word Christmas. So naturally i thought it would Christmas themed! Where are my Christmas trees and lights??? At least put some snow in the background!

Oh yeah and we're only one episode in and already shit is going down. It's also reminding me an awful lot of Code Geass, but i'm sure that's been mentioned ad nausium.

What wasn't mentioned in the episode is why was the kid living in an abandoned university? Shouldn't that be locked down? Hopefully this will be answered.
Dec 7, 2013 9:44 AM

May 2013
This seems pretty interesting
Dec 20, 2013 6:19 PM

Jul 2013
Not impressed as of yet, but I don't judge a series by a single episode. Animation is top-notch but characters haven't pulled me in yet. Code Geass is light years ahead as far as the first episodes are compared. I'll keep watching though. 3/5
Dec 21, 2013 9:30 PM

Oct 2013
Cool
Jan 4, 2014 6:43 PM

Jul 2013
KAMIOPPAI said:
It's good so far. But this first episode reminded me too much of how Code Geass started. I"m sure things will be different later on...

SO true! i thought the same thing!
Mar 15, 2014 12:00 AM

Feb 2014
Apr 30, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2014
First couple of minutes were epic, and that last scene, lol. But I'm a bit confused...
May 23, 2014 6:15 PM
Oct 2013
This has serious potential, although most of this episode felt like it belonged later in the series. I'm getting a sort of Code Geass/Darker than Black vibe, which isn't helped much by the fact the voice actors are so similar.
May 30, 2014 4:47 AM

Jul 2013
Yohimo_asakura But I'm a bit confused...[/quote said:
you're not the only one

I've heard so many negative things about this but so far so good, the osts and the animation were great.. Shu was kinda annoying though.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 1, 2011

394 by Starbraker61 »»
Feb 25, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.