Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 24, 2008 4:41 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, some doctor Naoki's gonna be. He doesn't even know what it might mean when the woman he just made love to feels queasy, has a slight fever and is late for her period.

Other than that, pretty average episode.
Kokujin-kunJul 24, 2008 5:19 PM
Jul 24, 2008 7:35 PM

Mar 2007
Chris is so cute :) Is it me, or is her accent changing, sounding more like Kin-chan? ^_^; I love the sweater she knit, so adorably tacky :) She is also cute in her restaurant uniform. Go Chris!

Irie was hot in his business suit, sitting in the waiting room at the Doctor's office, lol :) Looking all serious and impatient and irritated! Heh, the other mothers staring at him XD Cute episode.
Jul 25, 2008 5:45 AM

Dec 2007
Nope, not your imagination. I was repeating what Kin-chan said the last episode, shouting at my monitor "enough with you English-Kansai accent!" It's hard enough with Kin-chan as it is.

"Nipponjin ni naritakata," "sigh" stupid gaijin. All weaboos should watch this video and rethink their Happyland view of that country.
Jul 26, 2008 4:53 PM

Oct 2007
Really cute episode! I love Kin-chan and Chris XD
And the Irie x Kotoko moments were just love XD

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Jul 29, 2008 10:25 PM

Feb 2008
hes not gonna be that kind of doctor you know, and his classes probably havent coverered that yet either. gah just nine episodes left.

hmm kansai accents are kind of interesting. although foreigners speaking in kansai accent is probably hard for the ears.
Jul 30, 2008 12:52 AM

Apr 2008
Kokujin-kun said:
Hmm, some doctor Naoki's gonna be. He doesn't even know what it might mean when the woman he just made love to feels queasy, has a slight fever and is late for her period.

That seems a bit unfair. The "late period" thing didn't come up until the old lady started drilling Kotoko on the situation, so Naoki had no idea about that part. To the other two, there are only about ten million (exaggeration) different causes for queasy feelings/slight fever combo. He really had no reason to believe it was anything special - and not jumping to conclusions without properly checking everything is a sign of a -good- doctor, really. :|
Jul 30, 2008 1:21 AM

Jan 2008
Nice episode with Kin-chan and Chris, but then there was no denial that Irie and Kotoko have had a go at it either? o.o

我爱你

Jul 30, 2008 3:15 AM

Mar 2008
okay....

Chris X Kinnosuke was corny as. Quite unbearable to watch (esp for Kansai X English accent) =~=

Of course, the end makes up for it, so I didn't do too bad

Once again, Itazura na Kiss is running on thin ice.
Jul 30, 2008 3:23 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I enjoyed this episode, it was funny enough to make me laugh.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 30, 2008 4:11 AM

Jan 2008
i love this series, but this was just a normal episode... nothing special or very funny. ok, chris * kin-chan ike ike ike!
i hope next episodes will be better!
Kruh sa uzatvara, ale mna to netrapi - povedalo avangardne kruzidlo a dalej rysovalo stvorce...
Jul 30, 2008 4:15 AM
Oct 2007
Kokujin-kun said:

Forget him, what about her? A missed period should be like a loud alarm blaring in the ear of any sexually active woman. Even as dense as Kotoko is, even she should have some sort of clue as to what that could potentially mean. How do you pass a nursing exam, and not be able to spot those symptoms anyways? At least they broached the subject, which says to me that's where we'll end up before it's all over. A sterling example of foreshadowing, right there.
Jul 30, 2008 5:50 AM

Apr 2008
quite predictable episode, but still i enjoyed it

Jul 30, 2008 6:04 AM

Apr 2008
mrkorb said:
Forget him, what about her? A missed period should be like a loud alarm blaring in the ear of any sexually active woman.

It wasn't 'missed,' just 'late.' Late periods can happen without the woman having to be pregnant. Just being late is hardly a screeching alarm. Why do you people keep putting reasons they should have but didn't notice that don't exist here? :|
Jul 30, 2008 11:12 AM

Dec 2007
cute episode, but nothing special

Jul 30, 2008 11:44 AM

Nov 2007
NorthHawk said:

It wasn't 'missed,' just 'late.' Late periods can happen without the woman having to be pregnant. Just being late is hardly a screeching alarm. Why do you people keep putting reasons they should have but didn't notice that don't exist here? :|

exactly. and how exactly would he even know that she is late with her period. most guys don't typically monitor their wife's cycle nor really want to know about it.

otherwise the episode was good, glad to see that she made it into nursing school and got that date. im sorry but chris' accent just makes me want to rip out my ear drums. her voice is just really annoying. almost as annoying as kotoko's fat friend.
Jul 30, 2008 12:04 PM

Jul 2008
Was a good episode, but not as good as previous ones.

Kokujin-kun said:
All weaboos should watch this video and rethink their Happyland view of that country.

I've actually been there and the people were very friendly and welcoming to me. With every effort I made to speak the language on a conversational level, they were very encouraging. I'm sure I was butchering their language but they still gave me much praise for my attempts as I praised them on their attempts to return responses in English. Maybe it was because I'm white, but I still at no time felt that I was unwelcome to the country as a whole.

As it is, there are people everywhere that will be anti-foreigner no matter where you go. To be honest, I felt more unwelcome in the United States than I did Japan.
Jul 30, 2008 1:06 PM

Mar 2008
agree...it was a good episode
hahaha Irie among all those pregnant women hahahha
Jul 30, 2008 1:22 PM

Jun 2007
Aw i wish she was pregnant but its too fast so its ok
Kinda predictable that she was going to pass the exam but aws Irie came home early for her aws aws aws xD good episode
Jul 30, 2008 3:09 PM

Dec 2007
NorthHawk said:
That seems a bit unfair. The "late period" thing didn't come up until the old lady started drilling Kotoko on the situation, so Naoki had no idea about that part. To the other two, there are only about ten million (exaggeration) different causes for queasy feelings/slight fever combo. He really had no reason to believe it was anything special - and not jumping to conclusions without properly checking everything is a sign of a -good- doctor, really. :|

He did jump to the conclusion that her symptoms were not a big deal, and by not asking her about her period he didn't check everything. Although he was smart enough to consult a professional before passing out the cigars, unlike everyone else.

mrkorb said:
Forget him, what about her? A missed period should be like a loud alarm blaring in the ear of any sexually active woman. Even as dense as Kotoko is, even she should have some sort of clue as to what that could potentially mean. How do you pass a nursing exam, and not be able to spot those symptoms anyways? At least they broached the subject, which says to me that's where we'll end up before it's all over. A sterling example of foreshadowing, right there.

Well, Naoki is supposed to be the smart one, so that's why I was so hard on him ;)

But yeah, you may be right about the foreshadowing. I haven't read the manga but that would be a fitting end.

sakuko said:
I've actually been there and the people were very friendly and welcoming to me. With every effort I made to speak the language on a conversational level, they were very encouraging. I'm sure I was butchering their language but they still gave me much praise for my attempts as I praised them on their attempts to return responses in English. Maybe it was because I'm white, but I still at no time felt that I was unwelcome to the country as a whole.

As it is, there are people everywhere that will be anti-foreigner no matter where you go. To be honest, I felt more unwelcome in the United States than I did Japan.

What? You never experienced the "Gaijin Perimeter" whenever you get on a train?

All right, all right, that post was made somewhat in jest. Most of those signs were obviously of places that don't necessarily have any invidious hatred of foreigners, but simply have no way of dealing with them, especially those that can't read the sign that says "Not Allowed: Foreigners, Drunkards, And Those Associated With Violent Gangs."

Actually, on second thought, maybe that one place does actuallly hate foreigners.
Kokujin-kunJul 30, 2008 3:31 PM
Jul 30, 2008 4:05 PM
Jul 2008
Chris is so much hotter than Kotoko, sure took Kinnosuke a long time to realize that!
Jul 30, 2008 5:15 PM

Jan 2008
yea, ok... But what kind of cold fish makes his young cute wife beg him to take her out for one freakin night.
Jul 30, 2008 7:41 PM

Jan 2008
This series is amazing. It is simply just pure romance, there is nothing more to say about it. It sends out such a great message to its audience, which is that no matter the situation you just have to keep trying. You're the person who lets you wishes come true. Each episode just represents that more and more to me. I definitely give the series a "tip of my hat" ;)
Jul 30, 2008 9:29 PM

Jun 2007
Aw, what a cute episode. :3 I'm glad Kin-chan's finally getting over Kotoko, and I loved Chris kissing him. Kotoko tackling the airport security guy was just great.

Naoki is just getting sweeter and sweeter~ I loved that he came home early for Kotoko. <3
Jul 30, 2008 10:20 PM

Jun 2007
NorthHawk said:
Kokujin-kun said:

Not to mention you don't find out your pregnant that early. Didnt they just get back from their hunny moon lol.
Jul 30, 2008 11:01 PM

Jan 2008
nice episode....

ive predicted the konnosuke-chris airport scene though... but lol, she didn't cancelled the flight because of konnosuke, she just wanted to see him again.. LOL..

cute..
Jul 30, 2008 11:12 PM

Jun 2007
It was a nice cute episode.
Chris's accent makes me laugh ^^; strange combination of english-kansai makes things funny.

Irie/Kotoko parts were so cute >0<
I'm glad Kotoko was not pregnant though :P That would be moving things too fast... well not faster than how they started dating/ got married in a single episode...

Jul 31, 2008 8:47 AM

May 2008
I Just love Itazura Na kiss...Does anyone know more anime like that? School, romance, comedy style? ^^
Jul 31, 2008 8:57 AM

Oct 2007
I'm a little confused... did this episode skip a year or something.. or a semester at least, since she was resiting the exam.
This anime seems to skip big periods of time without warning lol.

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Jul 31, 2008 8:06 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
cabbit-chan said:
I'm a little confused... did this episode skip a year or something.. or a semester at least, since she was resiting the exam.
This anime seems to skip big periods of time without warning lol.
The manga spans something like 10 years over 23 volumes... so we're kind of going through at a pretty fast pace ^^

I enjoyed it :) The parts with Irie in it were the best.
Aug 1, 2008 12:37 AM

Jul 2007
Interesting episode, although I preferred the first half of the series where Kotoko was trying to win over Irie. For me, the series is kind of going downhill. It was a good episode, but not as good as the previous ones. =\
Aug 1, 2008 5:16 PM

Oct 2007
all i can say is.... wtf a year passed!!! this episode was weird though. They don't go on dates, but they're sexually active enough for the idea of kotoko being preggers to apply to her? chris and kin-chan was cute though.
Aug 1, 2008 5:20 PM

Aug 2007
ahah the later part of that ep made me laugh. Like the mothers checking out Irie..xD
Aug 2, 2008 10:31 PM

Jun 2008
Average episode. IMO, the momentum has slowed down a bit from the first half. It looks like the next episode has some additional interesting characters. I'm looking forward to it.

Aug 3, 2008 4:42 PM

May 2008
Liked this episode.
Aug 3, 2008 11:39 PM

Oct 2007
My first Grandchild, XD
Love that last line
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2008 9:18 AM

Aug 2008
hahah ~ well i loved this episode + series, Yes i agree the Accent with Kinnousuke and Chris is extremely annoying, I find their characters annoying too (+ jinko >.< ) But the best part i love about watching these episodes is that Ending song >.< MEEP i loveeee it so much. anyways cant wait for next ep.
Aug 9, 2008 4:55 AM

Apr 2007
Kokujin-kun said:

Naoki didn't know Kotoko was late for her period, she never told him.

Anyways, the fangirl in me squealed again. This is the only anime to have made me done so, and thats every episode since the wedding. There's been other anime that have gotten me on the verge, but never got there.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2008 8:08 PM

Apr 2008
hahaha when the mom thought kotoko really was gonna have a kid.. cant believe she bought all that baby stuff, then the whole family having a party hahaha.
the first half was really annoying though. at first it was bothering me how they kept pushing chris on kinnosuke. but yeah i guess it was good for him finally to slowly forget about kotoko.
Aug 18, 2008 3:21 AM

Jun 2008
kinnosuke and chris!!! yay! hahaha. awww. i was hoping kotoko was pregnant...
Aug 24, 2008 1:09 AM

Apr 2008
DeathfireD said:
NorthHawk said:
Kokujin-kun said:

Not to mention you don't find out your pregnant that early. Didnt they just get back from their hunny moon lol.

Yeah, she could easily be late because she's now sexually active. ^.~ Besides, out of all my friends who've been pregnant, not one of them had a fever. The moment Naoki's mom squeeled that Kotoko was pregnant I thought, "No, she's not." I wanted her to be but I knew she wasn't. @.@
Sep 27, 2008 2:30 AM

Sep 2008
Waaaiii baby! and....no baby --_-- i thought she was pregnant ^^'
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Oct 15, 2008 6:32 PM

Sep 2007
Kin-kun and I share the same birthday! Dec 29!! we rule! >=D

*props kinnosuke
Apr 26, 2009 5:21 PM
May 2008
Oh my! What a mess we have here.
All family is going to be reeeally disappointed if there’s no baby in 9 months.
Now, we can’t let that happen, right?

You better hurry up and FIX THIS, Naoki.
We all count on you.
This lady needs to be pregnant as soon as possible! ;)

…hahaha, what the heck.
May 13, 2009 3:56 PM

Jul 2008
I don't like the whole Kin/Chris pairing. It was so predictable. When Kotoko and Kin were sitting there disappointed, I was hoping Chris had finally left, but then of course, she showed up. Boo.

I knew that once Naoki's mom made a big deal about Kotoko being pregnant that she wouldn't be. They all jumped the gun on that one. You should always see a doctor before you throw a celebration.
Sep 2, 2009 1:35 AM

Aug 2008
LensFlaredAway said:
Actually, I spoke a little with famous Japanese singers (Hironoshi Kitadani, Hironobu Kageyama and Masaaki Endoh from JAM Project) and they were really surprised that I could speak hahaha xD They were like "Whoa, sugoi!" XDDDD (I lol'd at they reaction because it wasn't that amazing xD) But yeah, they were really amiable :D

Well, I like Kin x Chris :) Also, I was hoping that Kotoko was pregnant xD So yeah this was an average episode, but kinda fun nonetheless.

Jul 17, 2011 1:28 PM
Jul 2011
[Spoilers - Episode 13 & 16]

Wow, I knew I wasn't going to like any of the episodes after 13, but I didn't think it would be this soon before I found something else I had to bitch about publicly. What kind of message is this show trying to get across? At the end of episode 13 Kotoko was in these troughs of deep depression as she vowed to deny her love to anyone but Naoki and that because she couldn’t have him she would die an old maid carrying his picture with her to the grave. In essence, you can’t help who you’re in love with and you can’t change it, so if you can’t be with the one you love than you’re doomed to a wretched single life. Oh, but Kin-chan whose been pining over the same girl for five years should have no trouble falling in love again with someone else. In fact, the series kind of makes him out to be the bad guy for not immediately reciprocating Christine’s feelings. Don’t get me wrong, I like the Kin x Chris relationship. Actually, I like it a hell of a lot better than the Kotoko x Naoki focus of the series, I’m just pointing out the ridiculous double standard that the writers shat out and that everyone here is supporting wholeheartedly.

Other than that, nothing new. Naoki’s still an asshole, it just comes out in more subtle ways. I guess Kotoko better really enjoy that date of her’s because at this rate Naoki might not be taking her out again until she passes the national examination for registered nurses. And what’s with the pacing of this series? I like when a romance series expands on the ‘after they get together’ period (granted I like it better in a series where I give two shits about the frontline romance), but does this show have ADHD or what? They hook up and get married in the same episode, honeymoon the next episode, and then for this one a year passes by with like maybe 5 short clips to fill us in?
Apr 7, 2012 2:34 PM

Feb 2009
I feel like I'm wasting my time with this series.
Jul 25, 2012 12:12 AM

May 2008
Droplet said:
I feel like I'm wasting my time with this series.

knowthatfeelbro.jpg

The girls in this show sure are gluttons for punishment. Kin basically rejected her in the most horrible way possible but for some reason she decides to come back, while to her knowledge he was completely not interested in her? lol ok.

Also, Naoki and Kotoko been married and his wife actually has the beg for a date? This story might had a few timeskips but they're relationship still pretty much feels like it's in the courtship stage and honestly I'm still not rooting for them at all.
Sep 28, 2012 11:48 AM

Sep 2011
So they're married but Naoki still doesn't want to go on a date with his wife. That's so dumb
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jul 4, 2013 1:40 PM

May 2012
Actually it's rather disappointing she's not actually pregnant, this would make the story even more complete! It's nice Chris still stayed and than Kinnosuke did managed to change her feeling. She even managed to pass!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.