Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2008 11:06 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
he had to have known what would happen if he took the ring, so i kinda wonder why he did. if he was just trying to buy time he would have been better off boarding a starfish and blocking the hallway :/
Jul 25, 2008 10:31 PM

Jan 2008
Rather than that, board the starfish and trash the place :/
Sep 9, 2008 4:23 PM

Nov 2007
Luciola:(
Nov 17, 2008 1:55 PM

Apr 2007
nooooooo =\

Jan 28, 2009 9:47 PM

Jan 2009
MULLEN SHETLAND!!

... and here I was rooting for him the entire show.
Jun 14, 2009 7:56 AM

Apr 2009
I still don't understand is Dunya Scheer a guy or a girl. o.O
Dec 30, 2009 2:16 PM

Oct 2009
x4m said:

Dunya is a girl lol
But what happened to Lucciola was SO SAD T.T
At least it was for Dio..
Nov 11, 2010 7:04 PM

Dec 2008
Lucciola fight with the classical music was uh...special as in bad. Taking the ring was also a bad idea. Oy.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jan 14, 2011 10:07 PM
Oct 2008
guidodi said:
Does anyone know why lucciola doesn't try to kill dolphine?? If he wasn't going to kill her in the first place why does he even bother going to her?

I think because he wanted to die. He betrayed his friend. He wasn't seeking revenge on Delphine but on his brother Cicada. After that he was done.
Feb 11, 2011 4:11 PM
May 2010
DeadBonesBrook said:
MULLEN SHETLAND!!

Exactly, I've been 'rooting for him' ever since the amazing first scene he was in. I think his character was done wonderfully considering of the the amount of screentime he got.
Feb 12, 2011 6:39 AM

Sep 2009
I guess Lucciola knew he din have a chance defeating Delphine
so he accepted her "reward"? Sigh...
and maybe her reward was a painless death eh

Also I'm still hoping Moran is alive!
Aug 26, 2011 1:11 AM
Feb 2010
x4m said:

I actually forgot Dunya was a girl after I took a break from this series. She looks like a dude because of the heavy eyebrows.
Oct 17, 2011 11:42 PM

Nov 2010
DeadBonesBrook said:
MULLEN SHETLAND!!

QFT. I hate how 'finding love' is often a death flag. Orz
Dec 22, 2011 7:46 AM

May 2010
Nooo. Luciola!!!!

I know he must have a reason why he did all that despite that death awaits him. Now, somebody kill Maestro Delphine.

Also, I hope Mullen is still alive. :/
Jan 16, 2012 11:53 PM

Aug 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LUCIOLA, MULLEN.. COME BACK
Mar 3, 2012 7:53 PM

Jul 2010
Luciola!!!! D;
I'm so happy Dio got away though. <3 I hope he'll turn back to normal.
Alex is still caught though. :/

Mullen. I really liked him too :/ I hoope he's still alive.

5/5
Apr 3, 2012 9:25 AM

Apr 2011
Salmissra said:
I guess Lucciola knew he din have a chance defeating Delphine
so he accepted her "reward"? Sigh...
and maybe her reward was a painless death eh

Also I'm still hoping Moran is alive!
This is just me, but I believe Lucciola could of been granted life, he answer Delphine correctly or the response she liked to hear.
DeadBonesBrook said:
MULLEN SHETLAND!!

Ya!

1. Lavie -> Strike out
2. Tatiana -> Strike out
3. Dunya, a girl who has not met Claus yet!
x4m said:
Dunya a girl. You can tell by her skirt and how Mullen acts around her.
Jan 21, 2013 5:05 PM

Jun 2012
luciola o: why did he desapeared? o.o
Feb 14, 2013 5:11 AM

Jan 2012
That was a pretty good duel. To bad about Luciola.

Dec 7, 2013 5:34 PM

May 2012
Damn did Mullin really die? Even though he was an useless side character I still feel rather sorry for the girl! Still the episode was quite nice I did like the flashback about Dio's past and well we did see some nice development in this episode so let's see what's next!
Jan 3, 2014 10:50 AM

Jul 2011
I hope mullen is still alive
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2014 4:40 AM

Aug 2013
NOOO! God damn it this show...this show! Why why T____T

First you take Mullin now you take Luciola...in the very same episode.

Why?!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 26, 2014 6:59 PM

Apr 2014
>Luciolaaaaaaaa! D':
>You'll be missed dude. :(
>Luciola suki. <3
>heart break </3
Mar 19, 2015 10:25 AM

Mar 2012
Two devastating deaths in a row. :'(

cb27ded said:
Lucciola fight with the classical music was uh...special as in bad.

I thought the music was befitting for the sublime battle that was taking place. It manifested Lucciola's character.

blindassassin said:
x4m said:
I still don&#039;t understand is Dunya Scheer a guy or a girl. o.O

I actually forgot Dunya was a girl after I took a break from this series. She looks like a dude because of the heavy eyebrows.

I don't get how people are mistaking her for a guy. Mullin was clearly straight, and he was planning on getting together with Dunya after the battle. It is too bad that dream was subsequently shattered.

On a side note, has anyone noticed that Dunya has a close resemblance with Arya Stark? They both have similar eye colors, hair lengths, face shapes, mouths, and eyebrows.
May 5, 2016 8:06 PM

Jun 2015
LUCCIOLA? NONONONONO!!!!!!!!

THat's it; Delphine needs to pay. SHE NEEDS TO PAY!!!
Nov 1, 2016 6:00 PM
Sep 2009
Mullin had an epic introduction in episode 1, it really got me hooked but sadly he then got reduced to side, comedy relief character =(

Personally I am disappointed to what they did with his character.

Luciola still should have at least attempted to attach Delphine in order to buy more time. And just what on earth was happening in that fight scene? It looked like they were dancing.
Jan 18, 2017 3:51 PM
Aug 2014
An episode full of sacrifices, don't think there had been many deaths so far. So two in one episode made me rather sad.
May 20, 2017 11:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Mullin...no!! He'd been throwing death flags around like crazy, but I thought he would make it to the end.

I never warmed to Lucciola as a character, but he really got a chance to shine in this episode. I like how he went out with dignity.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 23, 2017 2:23 AM

Jun 2013
Luciola got his moment of coolness, but I wish he had put up more of a fight against Delphine. Or at least called her out on her shit or something. Though I don't think you can even call Delphine out on anything, given how little we know about her, besides the fact that she's a sadist cult leader who likes cute things a bit too much. Her hedonism will probably be her downfall. Still though, I'm not really impressed with her just yet.
Apr 27, 2020 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
The fighting scene with Lucciola and Cicada was painful to watch it felt really out of place.

Also there was really no reason for Lucciola to die like that there, the whole reason that fight took place was because Lucciola wanted to stop anyone getting in the way of Dio. Even if he still would have some sort of loyalty left towards Delphine she is the reason Dio is in that state in the first place. Its not like Lucciola would have been able to kill her without any effort either since she probably has combative powers because most likely she also took part in the "Rite of the Covenant" at one point. But Lucciola dying the way he did was just lame.

Jan 6, 2021 12:35 PM

May 2010
lol that fighting scene though... I appreciate the attempt at a fluid fight scene that made it look like a dance, but it was executed so poorly.

Um, guess RIP Mullin, that was sad :'( hope he miraculously survives?
May 25, 2021 1:25 PM

Jun 2016
As the fleet commence the operation to retake the Units, Lucciola helps Claus get Alvis and Dio to a Vanship, before seeking out Delphine and Cicada.

A noble sacrifice to protect a friend, such a sad way to go. It was a unique type of fight between Lucciola and Cicada, almost dance like. Not sure if it was good, tbh.

Mullin's dead? Please, no, anything but that. Can Claus make it back to the Silvana...

Jul 22, 2021 7:20 AM

Aug 2017
"Rook Dio", "Castling Lucciola", sad episode names. Shouldn't Lucciola be the "rook" in this chess analogy, though?

The battle with Cicada was the weirdest anime fight I've ever seen

Mullin died *that* death? Arterial bleeding from a leg wound? Nice reference, Last Exile creators ;_; The Claudia unit operation was so weird though...imagine havine engines with these dudes living inside lol. Do they even get out? What do they eat?

P.S. Almost 100% sure Disith was "inspired" by Ukrainians or something, Dunya and Nestor are not names you just casually see in anime lol. Late to point this out I guess.
St0rmbladeJul 22, 2021 7:38 AM
Nov 17, 2022 5:33 PM

Aug 2019
I can't be the only one who thought this episode was awkward right? Both the gunfight between the Alliance and the guild, and the fight between Lucciola and Cicada felt just so weird and awkward to me.
Nov 17, 2022 5:35 PM

Aug 2019
Also yeah, why the heck did Lucciola put on that ring? What did he think she was doing there? I feel like he could've taken her out there.
Feb 14, 2023 4:11 PM
Jul 2021
This Delphine chick is such a b!tch! ffuk her! I hate this cvnt so such, poor Lucciola/Dio :(

Sh!t little Lucciola going hungry made me really sad :( 

Having such much hunger that it hurts and doesn't even allows you to sleep is a horrible thing to go through during your childhood.

I know what what I'm talking about. You have such hunger that you fill up your belly on water on the hopes that the hunger pains go away, they don't, you feel like your going mad, and in a way you do go mad.

Sh!t little Dio was such a cute/caring/innocent little boy. A true friend to Lucciola! And that scene of little Dio giving a full plate of food to little Lucciola and telling him that he was his friend made me tear up a bit. 

Both Dio & Lucciola were so innocent/loving/caring little boys and this cvnt Delphine had to come along and .... Men ffuk Delphine! FFUK her to oblivion and back!
DawizzFeb 14, 2023 6:40 PM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Apr 4, 2023 5:46 PM

Oct 2022
The helplessness of the people in this anime is a little odd. The battles are also not very well animated so it's hard to tell what's actually happening. Very sad about Mullen.. he was da man. It isn't even clear what they were doing, trying to take over another ship? Luciola finally steps up- but then rather than taking a shot at Delphine he just commits seppuku and that's it. Alex looks like he's finished, and since everyone else in this anime just begs for it to stop and act helpless, I dunno how it's supposed to end. Probably disappointing.
Jan 19, 9:04 PM

Mar 2007
Noooo Not Mullen!!! GDI he was collecting death flags by the bucketful but I still didn't expect them to actually kill him. He's not dead, right? Right???!??

And then Luciola may as well just have committed suicide after taking out Cicada, damn I hate her.
Apr 28, 11:53 PM

Jun 2022
By far the best episode so far, but wow, the show got dark real fast!

Mullen & Luciola were such prominent characters, and they were both killed off like it was nothing. Reminds me a lot of HBO's "The Wire" in a weird way

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 19 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jul 11, 2008

21 by Inter_anime »»
Apr 28, 4:55 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

64 by Inter_anime »»
Apr 24, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Jul 12, 2008

104 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 19, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 16 Discussion

18 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 15, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 14 Discussion

29 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 14, 6:43 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.