Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 2, 2008 6:43 AM
Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, this is one heck of a battle. And a few interesting things to be covered in the next few episodes.

WARNING! IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE SHOW YET SEE IT NOW BEFORE READING THE SPOILERS!

I like the nostalgic new ending! :)
darkxdestinyJul 2, 2008 7:20 AM
Jul 2, 2008 1:17 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode anyway was that guy at the end
Jul 2, 2008 1:30 PM

Aug 2007
I didn't really like the episode until a little after the half way point...up 'till then it was a generic fight scene with minimal movement with an enemy that we don't know too much about, and yet somehow doesn't create any suspicion to me :-/

"The two paths of man and beast intertwine to create a spiral path! Piercing destiny as yesterday's enemies and creating a new path with these hands! The Union of Fate--GURREN-LAGANN! Who the hell do you think we are!?"
Jul 2, 2008 4:19 PM

Jan 2008
This episode was pretty good, but did anyone notice the animation quality seemed a bit lacking this episode? A lot of the faces looked...wrong. And just in general the fight was pretty sloppily animated.
Jul 2, 2008 6:07 PM

Dec 2007
Man, the ops and eds in this series contain SO MANY spoilers... I think it's a record.
Reality...
is what we make it to be.

Jul 2, 2008 7:34 PM

Mar 2008
Well, it's about time Chaoji got some Innocence. He's been moaning about his lack of usefulness for ages. He still bugs me a bit, though...The new ending is pretty good, I guess. I prefer the old one better, and I'm sick of spoilers in ops and eds. Seriously. Dx Lol.
IMO, this ep was only okayish? I don't like the new Tyki-thing. It just growls a lot and kicks everyone's ass. Although, Allen and Lavi looked really hot at the end of the ep (I'm pathetic for commenting on that, I know), but besides that, the animation didn't strike me as anything fantastic. I don't really like how they animated the fights this time...
Jul 2, 2008 7:45 PM

Jan 2008
rikiaAT said:
Man, the ops and eds in this series contain SO MANY spoilers... I think it's a record.

Ugh, I know. I could kick them for doing that. I already knew about half the stuff that's happened from the damn opening. And I can never resist watching new openings.

They really should stop it, or only use scenes that have *already* happened.
Jul 2, 2008 8:18 PM
Apr 2008
MistressMorbid said:
rikiaAT said:

Ugh, I know. I could kick them for doing that. I already knew about half the stuff that's happened from the damn opening. And I can never resist watching new openings.

They really should stop it, or only use scenes that have *already* happened.

Or rather, use not so obvious spoilers just like they did in ED06.

I have the feeling that the producers want everyone to continue watching the shows to find out what are the spoilers supposed to mean.

EDIT: Oh yeah, they left a big spoiler too outside the OP & ED.
darkxdestinyJul 2, 2008 9:00 PM
Jul 2, 2008 11:27 PM

Jan 2008
this eps wasn't the best despite the amout of fight not much real time movement hopefully they are gonna give it all out next eps! >< can't wait for *him*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2008 12:42 AM

Jun 2007
who was the skull head(s)? His ears looked like bookmans but his body looked like the Earls, well they all had the body of the Earl.
Jul 3, 2008 5:54 AM

Feb 2008
rikiaAT said:

haha, that's true. Still I loved the new ending, the song is beautiful ^^ And I drooled over Allen at the end of the ED, he's getting sexier and sexier 8D
Jul 3, 2008 7:25 AM

Feb 2008
i guess it is just me, i find allen looks like a bishounen out of a shoujo anime at the end of the new op. i don't really like the way he is drawn there, don't feel like the allen i know.

Jul 3, 2008 9:41 AM
Sep 2007
DeathfireD said:
who was the skull head(s)? His ears looked like bookmans but his body looked like the Earls, well they all had the body of the Earl.

mmmm - I don't know either... what was the thing they were guarding? the heart?
Also - I never really watch OP and ED so I think I will have to with these to find the spoilers :D
-Edit-
I have seen both the OP and ED of D.Gray-Man and there were a load of spoilers. From the OP you could have guessed that Chaoji would have got some Innocence in the end...
KututoJul 3, 2008 9:51 AM
Jul 3, 2008 9:53 AM

May 2007
Chaoji is an annoying bum and a waste of space. I don't like him.

Should be getting good really soon.
Jul 3, 2008 10:40 AM

Feb 2008
looks like general cross makes an appearance next ep. I also wonder if they are going to make allen a general, whenever they return to headquarters?
Jul 3, 2008 10:58 AM

Feb 2008
Loserkid said:
I don't like the new Tyki-thing. It just growls a lot and kicks everyone's ass.
lolz

aww, no one likes Chaoji D: Yeah, he's a crybaby, but I think he's kinda sweet... Glad he finally stopped being so useless, haha. Also, whoever said it above, Allen for sure is getting hotter...maybe he'll even surpass Lavi! (pff, yeah right >.<)

I've held off on reading the manga since I like being surprised when watching DGM, but wtf is up with those skull dudes? Next ep should be a good one, especially if "that person" is who I think it is.

Jul 3, 2008 11:17 AM

Apr 2008
Well.... the beginning half of the episode just... SUCKED :D
But I'm glad they made up for it with the second half, Chaoji finally got his innocence !! ^_^ I hope something nice will come outta that :) but GOD am I glad that finally something like this happened, with the whole Tykki thing. FINALLY an opponent that was supposed to be ''defeated'' came back and STABBED EM IN THE BACK , MUAHHAHAHAHA That's what you get with your sorry ass sympathy for not killing your enemies, this is an ACTION anime , not a romance/drama one ! :p That's what happenswhen you don't kill your enemies :D:D
But whoaaaa, I'm curious about those weird skull dudes... I mean... WTF is up with THAT :D
Jul 4, 2008 5:08 AM

Jun 2008
Saw chaoji's innocence comming from miles away (especially thnx to the opening scenes -_-" ) and everyone intrested in those skull guy's look at wiki's episode guide it already contains the next episodes summary
Jul 4, 2008 9:13 AM

Feb 2008
so innocence can allign to anyone out of need...thats interesting. it seemed to me that that guy was gonna get some sort of action. as usless as he is. haha.
Jul 4, 2008 1:03 PM

May 2008
Chaoji was really annoying this episode... and lenalee a bit too, all she said this whole episode was either allen or lavi. Now that I think about it those have been her only lines these last few episodes havent it?

Ya from the opening scenes you should have known Chaoji was going to have innocence wasn't as much of a surprise as it was suppose to be..
Jul 4, 2008 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
i agree! choaji's "im useless" whining was rly annoying >.> it was obvious that he'd be compatible with an innocence... damn spoilers >.<
Jul 7, 2008 8:13 AM

Aug 2007
Pretty slow episode in my mind. Only really development was Choaji being compatible with an innocence.
Jul 13, 2008 7:18 AM

Jul 2007
wolfsrainXD said:
i agree! choaji's "im useless" whining was rly annoying >.>

not to mention his constant "anita-sama! mahoja-sama! minna!" almost equaling to lenalee's "lavi! allen-kun!" -_-

plus what's that thing tying up lenalee? a scarf?!? ugh that was some lazy drawing/animation -_- she can't get out of those? :|
Jul 13, 2008 7:43 AM

Apr 2008
Choji and Lenalee were anoying (¬_¬). Allen has pissed me off... apparently he became general? He can't even defat Tykki... With his sword he only make Tykki stronger! Hmm... And Allen want to win with Earl?. IMHO Allen is weak... This anime is slowly reach the bottom.
Jul 26, 2008 1:25 AM
Jun 2008
lolol
the morphed tyki was so cute as a mosquito xP *claps
this fights gona get interesting.
and yay my prediction was rite (of chaoji getitn innocence)
i wonder who dat "person" is........i hav my instincts tellin me buh if i say.....ppl will prob get mad =X
good ep <3 but the fat looking things w/ skulls were weird.......i didnt get that at all...........
Aug 22, 2008 7:36 PM
Aug 2008
wolfsrainXD said:
i agree! choaji's "im useless" whining was rly annoying >.> it was obvious that he'd be compatible with an innocence... damn spoilers >.<

yehh i agree choaji was fr'ikn annoying, all he did was whine and complain and yell at allen...i was like wtf are you serious? you're yelling at a guy that just saved your life by getting the crap beat out of him...=P

i really don't like him
Dec 21, 2008 8:46 AM

Aug 2008
skulls, huh? first Tyki-monster now skulls? I'm even MORE confused! d@mn it but I don't want to read ahead in the manga just yet.
Apr 29, 2009 3:34 PM

Aug 2008
Oh hell no, this whinny, little piece of shit synchronized with Innocence? You got to be kidding me. And what the hell is with Tyki-pet? Allen on almost marshal level is getting his ass handed to himself? Meh...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 29, 2009 9:17 PM

Jan 2009
Tyki level up is far too strong to own them all at once. Aside from a few punching sound that kind of strange for me, it's a really great episode. The flashback was touching, Anita, Mahoja and the crew.:(
Overall, love it.
Jul 25, 2009 2:49 PM

Jan 2009
except for Chaoji's superior amount of WHINE throughout a most of the episode, he got a bit cooler when he synchronized with the innocence : D
freakman012 said:
Chaoji was really annoying this episode... and lenalee a bit too, all she said this whole episode was either allen or lavi. Now that I think about it those have been her only lines these last few episodes havent it?
yeah, Lenalee's seiyuu has had an easy job for the last episodes, huh?: D
and then, Allen: "I promised Mana that I would continue 'til I drop dead!" *boooom Allen gets overcharged with power* kinda xD. (no that was not exactly what he said, but it's still what he meant : p)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 19, 2009 1:43 AM

Jul 2009
Liked this episode)
Kross appearence was soooo epic x)
Nov 30, 2009 1:29 AM

Dec 2008
freakman012 said:

lol XD I know! It's like.."ALLEN-kun" "LAVI" *roll eyes* it was getting really tiring =.=
About the spoilers in the OP and ED...O.O maybe I'm just blind and don't think much but the only spoiler I saw is about Chaoji getting his innocence ^^;; I always watch them to sing a long hehe :3 It's so much fun! But I don't have a singing voice *cough* Oh, the new ED wasn't as entertaining as the old one XO Regret looks like going to be my fav ED for D.Gray-man :D
But awww I hate Tyki has been transformed into that thing <_< and I thought he could be human*sigh* Well, as long as Tyki doesn't look and sound like Tyki then I'm fine and will regard that thing, not Tyki~ fufu
Jan 23, 2010 8:34 PM

Nov 2009
DeathfireD said:
comme on, am I the only one thats thinks its dead obvious that it's Cross, and the preview pretty much confirmed it
Jan 29, 2010 4:48 PM

Dec 2008
I can't believe what they did to Tyki.
kaylee130Sep 1, 2017 3:11 PM

Feb 3, 2010 9:19 AM

Jan 2009
I'm soooo sure right now that the reinforcement skull was actually Cross Marian !! It's about damn time he showed up!
kaylee130 said:
I cant believe what they did to tyki

i mean he was si hott but now he's so not.

im depressed now *tears*

Same here :(

Feb 7, 2010 3:34 AM

Sep 2008
Ah... this episode was "okay". Chaoji annoys the heck out of me, gawd. Maybe I'm just heartless. And seriously, Lenalee kind of annoyed me in this episode too, but not hardly as much as Chaoji annoyed me, since Chaoji has been annoying for a while now...

I guess this episode was only "okay" to me since there seemed to be very little progress... The Tyki thing just growled and beat everyone up and no one could do anything, so it feels less like watching a fight and more like watching the Exorcists get bullied.

What on Earth is up with the skull things? ._.'''

Next episode looks promising... Thank goodness~
Sep 3, 2010 12:44 PM

Jun 2009
It was a pretty boring episode, at least for me, even the animation was poorer this time.
I'm sort of glad Chouji got his innocence already, that way he will change a little and stop being a crybaby...
Next episode looks promising~ I want to see Cross in action.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 24, 2010 9:20 PM

Dec 2010
I loved that Chqaoji got innocence- he was so annoying! I don't like this new Tyki! whats happened to him?! maybe something is possessing him? and what are these new gray things? I loved the look of Allen & Lavi at the end!! They work so good together :D
The ending song wasn't great but the pictures were awesome!
summerfrog12Dec 24, 2010 9:23 PM
Aug 10, 2011 11:26 AM

Aug 2009
Chaoji is the most annoying anime character I've seen in a while. =.=
Other than that it was pretty nice. I just want Tyki to get back his sexy self. XD
"Yume nara sameta dakedo bokura wa mada nani mo shiteinai susumu"

Jan 8, 2012 2:10 PM

Dec 2009
I've been wondering for a good while why would they have a character like Chaoji in the series....
Anyway, what's with those skull-looking people? O:
Jan 7, 2013 4:00 AM

Jan 2012
I wonder what are the marshalls doing when all this is going on. Anyway, the episode was pretty good, didn't expect Chaoji to have innocence.

May 8, 2013 12:30 PM

May 2012
New ED with some really interesting looking characters appearing in it! The development of this episode sure was nice some great character and story development all together with a really interesting but confusing ending! Chaoji is rather getting a bit annoying though I do wonder what future role he will have! Lets see what happens next, things sure are getting good!
Dec 22, 2013 10:13 PM

Nov 2011
Chaoji deserves a lot of respect this episode tbh.
Jun 17, 2014 5:55 AM

Apr 2014
New ending is quite peaceful, I like it. Nice to see chaoji finally find out about his innocence, can't wait to see what his weapon is like.
Aug 26, 2014 2:43 AM
Dec 2011
i love this .... i love you ALLEN :3 i love the previous ending theme song it was like a song sung by NOAH :3 this new ending theme song is good too :3 i love the opening theme song :3
Jun 23, 2016 9:40 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yeah I agree Chaoji is annoying...But well at least he's making himself useful now. And as much as I like Lenalee, especially after that level 3 fight, I really wish the author didn't make her such a waste of space on screen. I don't mind that she can't fight, it's understandable because she doesn't have her power right now, but what in the world is the point of having her around right now? We already know that she wants to fight despite not having the power to, but there's no need to give her any more screen time of her doing/saying the same thing, that just makes a (possibly) likable character into an annoying one. I'm hoping there's a point to her being there at the end or something, otherwise her screen time is literally the same thing over and over again. I even feel bad for Itou Shizuka for having to say Allen-kun and Lavi so many times. Maybe it's not the mangaka's fault though, I can see the anime giving her more screen time than in the manga for "fillers."

Also the biggest question is WTF were those skull looking beings. I'm surprised only like one other person mentioned it in this thread. Or I guess half the people here had already been reading the manga.
Jun 30, 2016 2:55 PM

Nov 2014
Not that this isn't a fabulous series but damn Shounen series take a longtime to tell a story... This story arc feels like a never ending DBZ powerup.
Aug 9, 2016 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
I'm probably part of a minority, but I didn't like the episode at all.

That random ship guy is shouting this 'Anita-sama, Mahoja-sama, everyone!' dozens of times, even when other people are in front of him.
Thought it couldn't be worse, but he then gets that Innocence.. it's probably because I don't like the character but why him? Although it was obvious from the start when that fragment reacted some episodes earlier, but I rather hoped that something more interesting would happen.

At least we got some interesting stuff with these skeletons and Tyki.
Don't misunderstand me, I love this show, but this is just too much for me.
Aug 15, 2016 8:56 PM

Jan 2015
I can't for some reason post a new reply in the right forum some I'm just going to wait for some mod to move this there or until someone answers my question

In episode 90-91ish Allen gets to know that he can move the arc as well. Why is it that he feels nostalgic about the golden emblem other that the obvious fact that the Noah memory is inside of him,
Is Nea the second millenum earl half, "the good side" does he have good intentions? How does cross know mea so well

ur opinion = shit
Aug 16, 2016 1:20 AM

Feb 2016
I would recommend continuing the show and beginning Hallow cause you are getting into spoiler territory there!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 51 Discussion

ashura - Oct 5, 2007

24 by Cammell »»
Mar 23, 6:49 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 20 Discussion

kie_ - Sep 14, 2008

27 by Gouveiaa »»
Jan 10, 4:08 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 3 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

27 by lovefromyani »»
Jan 10, 12:43 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 2 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

41 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 16, 2008

83 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.