Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 26, 2008 2:51 PM
Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This one is really the General's show.
Aug 26, 2008 11:29 PM
Apr 2008
They sure "leech" the Black Order on that one. Next episode may just be Exorcists VS Lulubell.
Aug 27, 2008 11:44 PM

Oct 2007
good ep...i'm likin all the generals so far...
Aug 27, 2008 11:46 PM

May 2008
This ep was a bit underwhelming...Allen should have used his best moves early on..he might have saved some more ppl...oh well..at least the Generals were on point.
Aug 28, 2008 1:24 AM

Feb 2008
General Cross is so cool! Even though I want to resist, I kind of <3 him, lol. Guess he just has that kind of effect on the ladies.... ^^;;

Really didn't seem like much happened this ep. And I don't understand Miranda's time reverse thing...If she could reverse time and have it stay that way permanently, why hasn't she been doing that all along? I always thought things went back to normal once she stopped. Whatever works I suppose...
Aug 28, 2008 1:40 AM

Apr 2008
IncognitoOtaku said:
And I don't understand Miranda's time reverse thing...If she could reverse time and have it stay that way permanently, why hasn't she been doing that all along? I always thought things went back to normal once she stopped. Whatever works I suppose...

You have it right....once Miranda stops time record then the egg will continue its descent back into the Earl's ark. The point of using time record is to buy time and decide what to do with the egg.

Also that was the best preview ever! So descriptive!
Aug 28, 2008 2:59 AM

Dec 2007
Great episode.. First time to see innocence in the shape of a creature, which just looks too awesome ^^
Aug 28, 2008 3:44 AM

Oct 2007
great episodel!cant wait to the next episode!
poor all the scientists who become skulls espically the one that allen tried to help him.
and about cross same here i hate him of what he did to allen but he so cool.
Kagome7Aug 28, 2008 3:48 AM
Aug 28, 2008 5:42 AM

Jun 2008
The general finally go out to fight~
Cloud's innocence is really cool, but Winter's one is..? What is it? ._.
Aug 28, 2008 7:03 AM

Jun 2008
The second half nice episode really! (go go go generals! Sokaro is crazy-_- and I don't like his voice, but yey! his innocence is sooo cool!).
The first half...hmmm Allen too strong (check), Allen try to save poor scientist and he fails (check), all scream "Allen wake up!" "Walkeeeer" "Allennnnnn", yeah yeah we know, he's gonna react... déjà vu...
more generals please (also Miranda and Marie!)
Aug 28, 2008 10:59 AM

Feb 2008
waaa i thought his voice is cool. the mokey chick is not too bad too. she probably has a history with general cross too.
Aug 28, 2008 1:03 PM

Aug 2008
Great episode!
Although the short sequence of the Generals' action was a minus... I think the General's fight was longer in the Manga.
Aug 28, 2008 1:06 PM

Mar 2008
Kagome7 said:
great episodel!cant wait to the next episode!
poor all the scientists who become skulls espically the one that allen tried to help him.
and about cross same here i hate him of what he did to allen but he so cool.
Yeah really is too bad about those guys. Sadly Allen +Bookman just didn't have enough firepower to really do much. Could destroy some Level 3s but with those numbers it really didn't change much.
BlackStar said:
The second half nice episode really! (go go go generals! Sokaro is crazy-_- and I don't like his voice, but yey! his innocence is sooo cool!).
The first half...hmmm Allen too strong (check), Allen try to save poor scientist and he fails (check), all scream "Allen wake up!" "Walkeeeer" "Allennnnnn", yeah yeah we know, he's gonna react... déjà vu...
more generals please (also Miranda and Marie!)
Allen did a lot of damage but he still lost. Even though the calls made him react was still going to fall through the gate into the Earl's ark. His strength isn't limitless and there is still a clear difference in power between him and the Generals.
SilentOne said:
This ep was a bit underwhelming...Allen should have used his best moves early on..he might have saved some more ppl...oh well..at least the Generals were on point.
Really the only one Allen saved in this episode was Reever. Wasn't able to stop the scientists from being turned into skulls. Though by keeping the level 3s busy might have limited the amount that got their heads smashed in.
Aug 28, 2008 3:23 PM

May 2007
Sokaro Winters was awesome. Maniacs are always fun to watch, + nice weapon.

I'm disliking the way Allen was just chopping up / stabbing through level 3s with his clown belt though ... I mean, I can understand him being able to do that with his sword and all, but its kind of ridiculous how many hes taking down now. I mean, these ARE level 3s, so they should be faster / tougher than your floating level 1 Akuma ... I guess its more of the animation that ruins it, since its somewhat sub par and really it seems like the Akuma are just standing still and letting Allen slice through a few twenty of them every second.
Aug 28, 2008 4:25 PM

Apr 2008
Well, there you have it. We know can confirm, which we couldn't from the last episode, that the Level 3s are insanely weaker than the one Lenalee fought. Why? Because Bookman killed tons of them as well with his heavenly compass (they actually exploded this episode).

The generals are cool. You gotta love Cross' judgment. Best weapon ever. Super powerful homing bullets? All he has to do is stand there and shoot and everybody die =D

Also, what's up with the short shower of rain near the end?
Aug 28, 2008 4:39 PM

Jan 2008
Great Episode. Loved the whole thing; especially how they just let the generals do all the work with their cool moves. Oh, and anyone else notice that ad on how they're giving away 10 copies of the new game for DGM? Is anyone here actually going to try and enter?
Aug 28, 2008 4:40 PM

Mar 2008
gdavge2003 said:
Well, there you have it. We know can confirm, which we couldn't from the last episode, that the Level 3s are insanely weaker than the one Lenalee fought. Why? Because Bookman killed tons of them as well with his heavenly compass (they actually exploded this episode).

Yeah, that kind of annoys me. Dx They should stay consistant in power.

Allen's power level seems to change from episode to episode. O.o At one point the akuma are beating him, and then he unleases some random super attack and beats them up.

Dayumm, those generals are awesome. I love Cloud's innocence/monkey. xD And Cross flirts, AND kicks Akuma ass. That's multi-tasking for you.
Aug 29, 2008 12:00 AM

Oct 2007
damn the generals are badass... cross is a pimp too X)...
Aug 29, 2008 8:08 AM

Dec 2007
WAHHS ! IT GETTING MORE & MORE EXCITING NEHS :D weeeee ~ GO GO GO ! ^^

Aug 29, 2008 9:35 AM
Jun 2008
I don't rememebr bookman being that useful in the manga..but ah well..the generals absolutely pwn...wait till level four shows up..for all you allen is overpowered haters..now level 4 is overpowered <_<
Aug 29, 2008 10:30 AM

Aug 2008
Inspector Rouvelier the real Hitler!) It was amusing that to the old panda by the ship difficultly with one Akuma the third level, and here it their packs kills.
Aug 29, 2008 10:45 AM

Jul 2007
gdavge2003 said:

The generals are cool. You gotta love Cross' judgment. Best weapon ever. Super powerful homing bullets? All he has to do is stand there and shoot and everybody die =D

Also, what's up with the short shower of rain near the end?

not to mention bookman now only uses heaven compass. A LOT. he's like "oh shit this attack is epic winz. i shall spam them all. LMAO" cheese FTL.

cloud is hot. damn. i wish they'd show her blush after cross' flirt attacks :P

and shower in the end = akuma blood i think. which would be weird because that would have poisoned em all and stuff. except allen of course
Aug 29, 2008 6:07 PM

May 2008
It was alright in the first half but the second half was pretty badass.
Allen killed lots of akuma alright, but his fighting scene just didn't excite me. Especially not compared to episode 70 or 71? When crown clown first awakened. I suppose it's the drama? Or maybe just the awesome moves but the first half allen was just like cut cut and they're all dead. He even got knocked out pretty easily and I dunno, I was just wondering why he didn't use his good moves in the first place and only used it when he was pressured. I suppose..he couldn't? But he had used them before in the episode where his innocence truly awakened.

Still sad and shocked about all the dead supporting characters. >':
BTW, Miranda was awesome and did anybody else notice that Marie was in the same weird pose throughout the battle scene of the second half of the episode ever since he first appeared through Allen's ark? Funny pose >.<
I also squeled a little when the generals and Allen were all posing on the egg. Allen was on top and I'm assuming that there was a little foreshadowing going on.
The skullhead made me so pissed off. F them all.
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Aug 29, 2008 6:37 PM

May 2008
I read the manga version of this episode and it was much much better. In comparison, it's pretty obvious that the anime creators were just trying to buy some time or something by extending Allen's fighting by making Allen, no offence, look like a pretty bad fighter. Manga version, Allen was awesome and the fighting scenes were awesome too. Allen was quick to hit and didn't wait till the very last moment to release an explosion of awesome fighting moves (unlike the anime Allen). Plus, Allen was knocked out in the manga too but it was much more of a reasonable reason:
This is the first time I've been so disappointed in the D.Gray Man anime. Of course this is just my personable opinion.
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Aug 30, 2008 2:15 PM

Jul 2008
i loved this ep i liked the dude that was crazy and used madness^^ omg genius the generals own^^
Sep 1, 2008 1:47 PM

May 2008
awesome episode the general power were so cool cant wait till the next episode!!!
Sep 2, 2008 10:44 PM

May 2008
Hi, hi, hi, hi?! LOLOL love that part.

GREAT ep.
Sep 6, 2008 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
that blonde woman rly reminds me of eliade a lot ><

Alastar said:
Inspector Rouvelier the real Hitler!)

LOL xD
Sep 11, 2008 9:35 AM

Apr 2007
Marshal #1: We've got a big one on our hands, guys. Any objections to my taking the first shot?
Marshal #2: I dont mind.
Marshal #3: Have at it.
Marshal #4: I'm only interested in woman.

lolz.
Oct 10, 2008 11:34 AM

Mar 2008
8D a psycho monkey for a weapon? sugoi~~~~~!!!
Jan 24, 2009 11:22 PM
Jun 2008
woo! we finally get to see all the generals and their powers xD
talk bout ownage ey?
but yer.
itll b interesting to see wat happens next
D: bookman!!
and I LOVE THAT MONKEY THING!
the "fireworks" were so cute
Jul 21, 2009 11:35 PM

Mar 2009
holy crap... the generals...need i say more?

lets see what else... bookman.. homan i was so scared for a minute that he was going to bite it. i was literally jaw dropped.

does the crazy general seem like he could be some distant relative of krory? or is that just me?
Feb 1, 2010 4:26 PM

Dec 2008
I like the end when one of the generals was hacking the bodies of the akumas and Miranda was like "amazing.."

Lol XD fraking hilarious

however i dont really understand the whole monkey bussiness (lol)...but the garden was pretty ^.^
kaylee130Mar 1, 2010 7:50 PM

Feb 4, 2010 1:47 PM

Jan 2009
YAY >.< !! I got ALL the Marshals into battle, just like I wanted!

Tiedoll's Innocence is the coolest *_*! I know he used a different technique now, but whenever he says "Arto!", he just melts my heart away <3... It's still a mystery to me how I could like an old crybaby ugly-looking dude like him, but who knows...

ff_rubberducky said:

does the crazy general seem like he could be some distant relative of krory? or is that just me?

Oh yeah. And they're probably both related to Kenpachi Zaraki-taichou too ~^

Feb 9, 2010 7:47 AM

Sep 2008
Watching the generals fighting was amazing, just as Miranda said. I am kind of disappointed that they didn't get there earlier... I feel bad for all the scientists that were turned into skull-head things. ):

Allen's power and strength are... apparently extremely inconsistent. One second he was pwning all the akuma, and the next they were all pwning him.

Also... yeah, okay. Sine when can Bookman make level 3 akuma blow up? ._.''

Oh well. Still enjoyed the episode overall!
Sep 22, 2010 6:06 PM

Jun 2009
The General's are amazing. The episode owns most of the entertainment due to their fight. I just wish they came sooner...
Klaud Nine's innocence is probably the most distinctive and original of all the ones I've seen, and somehow, I couldn't but to be reminded of Pokemon... My brain must be pretty whacky...
And Cross? His innocence is just kick ass and I still love him despite being flirtatious jerk he is.

Allen's powers are being inconstant, and the akuma are too weak but at the same time defeat him? And even Bookman can destroy them now? What the heck.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Oct 3, 2010 1:39 PM

Sep 2008
Miranda, here to save the day. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2010 1:43 PM

Dec 2010
seeing Allen and Bookman fighting together was cool. Lulubell surprises me again 0o0 crazy
watching the marshalls fight was freaking amazing!! Klaud's monkey/rabbit/beast♥ Winters went completely insane AWESOME Tiedoll's silver scene he did was pretty
Jan 10, 2012 2:22 PM

Dec 2009
The generals are pretty interesting characters.
Aug 13, 2012 10:17 AM

Nov 2010
wait... what? O.o wasnt those all at first level 3's...? O.O but... but... Bookman was barely able to scratch such one back at the ship and lenalee almost died back at the ship cause of one single lvl 3 O.o and... and... they ran away in Edo cause they couldnt fight them... but... how come Bookman can kill like 10 in one shot now!? O.o im confused... did they suddenly get back to the lvl 1 stage of weakness?! O.o

But daaaang i love that woman :D the monkey is sooo dang cute and cool xD
Jan 7, 2013 10:53 AM

Jan 2012
Those marshalls are awesome. Cant believe they were shown this late.

Jan 7, 2013 11:37 AM

Aug 2012
*Tries to remember...*
Yeah, once you finish watching you will also not believe that
D.Gray Man deserved a few more episodes.
Apr 14, 2013 10:17 AM

Feb 2011
Not a good idea to attack the HQ while the generals were there though
May 8, 2013 4:38 PM

May 2012
Awesome they finally put the character Norio is voicing in action! Quite some nice action, lets see what's next!
Mar 20, 2014 1:47 PM
May 2011
Really didn't make much sense

How is bookman able to handle lvl 3s so easily now lol?

Also allen should have used that attack from the beginning... would have saved all their lives.
Jun 21, 2014 6:57 AM

Apr 2014
The female General has a pretty badass weapon, imo.

Not to mention the little dialogue between her and cross, heh.

Jan 10, 2016 2:26 PM

May 2014
The beginning of this episode was really frustrating and hard to watch. It bothered me seeing Bookman somehow take on dozens on level 3 akumas when he wasn't able to put a dent in just one of them not too long ago. Honestly I feel like a lot of the exorcists have had unjustified power-ups lately and were able to hold their own against the Noah clan when they should have been easily killed by them.
Alcatraz_ZombieJan 10, 2016 2:39 PM
Jun 28, 2016 6:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yeah I agree that it felt like they dragged out the beginning part a bit, making Allen seem like he forgot about his powers or something and only using the good moves when he's got caught. Makes me want to read the manga. I really dislike it when they do that in anime, making fights last longer in a non-creative and interesting way. Always makes our protagonists look weak ._.

But man, the marshalls were so hype (is it marshall or general?). The Winters Sokaro guy though, wow, didn't expect someone who likes violence to be one of the marshalls. I'm glad he's on the exorcists side though...he beat up those giant akuma without a sweat.

Loved Tiedoll's Embracing Garden, what a beautiful defense technique. Klaud Nine's Innocence was really cool as well, although seems like she doesn't have to do anything herself.
Oct 14, 2016 7:52 PM
May 2011
tingy said:
Yeah I agree that it felt like they dragged out the beginning part a bit, making Allen seem like he forgot about his powers or something and only using the good moves when he's got caught. Makes me want to read the manga. I really dislike it when they do that in anime, making fights last longer in a non-creative and interesting way. Always makes our protagonists look weak ._.

how was the fight done differently in the manga?
Feb 15, 2017 10:41 AM

Apr 2009
....onsokumaru T_T'
i can't.. take that guy seriously T_T'
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 51 Discussion

ashura - Oct 5, 2007

24 by Cammell »»
Mar 23, 6:49 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 20 Discussion

kie_ - Sep 14, 2008

27 by Gouveiaa »»
Jan 10, 4:08 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 3 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

27 by lovefromyani »»
Jan 10, 12:43 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 2 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

41 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 16, 2008

83 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.