Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2008 11:45 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, those Guild machines are yay too agile and advanced. How is anyone meant to fight them?
Poor Lavi went into a redout :/ and that captain is a bitc-.
Nov 22, 2008 4:30 PM

Sep 2007
Why the enemy has certain limited time to attack than they just go away? I don't understand that.
Jan 9, 2011 10:28 PM
Oct 2008
Wow, that was an intense episode. Battle from beginning to end.
Nov 6, 2011 7:31 AM

May 2010
redbuzz said:
Why the enemy has certain limited time to attack than they just go away? I don't understand that.

They said something about fuel last episode. I guess they can't risk having some of their ships run out of fuel in the middle of battle, though why they don't just refuel is beyond me.
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 10, 2011 11:39 PM

May 2010
Well, that was good.

Dio and Luciola's aircraft is awesome. They can combine and also split.
Jan 13, 2012 3:48 PM

Aug 2010
They were going to get annihilated if the enemy didn't pull out.
Feb 25, 2012 4:39 PM

Jul 2010
Poor Lavie... I hate feeling like that when I mess up in a team. It's really not good. You just feel inadequate. I really love Lavie, I find her one of the best characters. She's a lot like me :) Too rational sometimes and kind of annoying.
Mar 28, 2012 6:05 PM

Apr 2011
Lavie is totally out of her element and I can't believe Claus wasn't effected at all. I guess it depends on individuals.
Jan 15, 2013 4:35 PM

Jun 2012
Feb 13, 2013 6:48 AM

Jan 2012
Well atleast they managed to survive. But I still have no idea why the enemy ships are so advanced.

Mar 11, 2013 6:48 PM

Dec 2009
Seabury said:
redbuzz said:

They said something about fuel last episode. I guess they can't risk having some of their ships run out of fuel in the middle of battle, though why they don't just refuel is beyond me.

Yeah, looked like a trial attack but pretty pointless to me. Although, I enjoyed this episode.
Such junk...
May 7, 2013 11:19 AM
Feb 2013
The enemy starships is so advenced! They are a total free of movement in the air...

Klaus don't care about Lavi's redout. He prefer play with Dio's starship, meh.
The captain is not entirely wrong about Klaus; he's a good pilot, but don't have experience in battle. Anyway,she's so rude about Lavi.

The action is good but a little bit repetitive, imho.
Dec 7, 2013 7:24 AM

May 2012
Quite a lovely episode, the battle sure was interesting and now that it's over I wonder what they'll do next!
Jan 31, 2014 6:20 AM

Aug 2013
If Dio wasn't playing, Claus and Lavie would've been dead at least twice already. Can't blame Tatiana for saying those things. With that skill level, Claus and Lavie basically headed out there to get killed.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 15, 2016 5:10 PM
Sep 2009
Tatiana wan't wrong though. Lavie failed and hard, she needed to hear the harsh truth to move forward. Claus is inexperienced and wasted precious ammo and fuel. And if Dio didn't play, they would lose an excellent ship as well.

They are in war, all of these things are important. Tatiana had every right to be pissed off. Nothing bitchy about that, she is a realist and both Lavie and Claus needed to hear that.

They are in war and should stop thinking like children or go back home.
Nov 22, 2016 2:05 PM

Dec 2015
I love how they just welcomed themselves onto the ship as if they are part of the crew...especially Lavie, who has contributed absolutely nothing and is just extremely annoying and whiny. Too bad she didn't just fall out of the vanship during the battle.
Jan 11, 2017 4:24 PM
Aug 2014
Everyone is so harsh, a couple of days ago highest mission they were willing to undertake was 3 stars and they had trouble completing that, then they get entrusted with a 7 star one which they managed to complete and now they're being thrust into an air battle for the first time. They could've not risked their lives, though a star vanship had infiltrated the hangar (which they took out), but they did so I don't find it surprising that the crew warmed up to them. If they hadn't managed to take out that star vanship they would've lost two of theirs.
Jun 21, 2017 8:27 AM

Jun 2013
This whole episode was kind of a mess. Tatiana was right, but at the same time, I'm also pretty sure one doesn't just lose consciousness because they're not trying hard enough, it's not really something you can control, so berating Lavie for redding out is stupid. Plus Alex was fine with the two kids participating in battle, so this was kind of like pushing a cat in a swimming pool and then mocking it for almost drowning. It seems to me that Claus is just inexplicably amazing, his pilot skills bordering on magical, despite his lack of combat experience.

LeeTailorJun 21, 2017 9:09 AM
Sep 18, 2017 10:03 AM

Jun 2016
Better than last episode but it's still lacking some of what the first five or so episodes had. Dio and Claus's back and forth play fight was entertaining. Also, I'd like to note that I defended the Ralph Wednesday coincidence, but two coincidences saving Claus in a single fight is a bit overkill. Claus and Lavie are warming up to me a bit though, more so Lavie, she really tries her best to keep up with Claus, probably because they're family and she cares about him. Even still, shes younger than Claus, and she doesn't know how to handle herself in intense situations, well at the same time she has to deal with Claus's ridiculous heroism, and stupid decision making. Despite her being frustrating at times she's believable. I'm truly glad that Claus didn't fly out with nearly 0 experience and beat everyone down, instead he flew out, wasted his ammo, had his navigator pass out, and then almost die. Nice way to hit him in the face with the way the world works.
I'd also like to agree that the way the crew works is so disorganized it's unbelievable, even if it is still making a commentary on war with such a disheveled team in some way. We got bandit mechanics, commanders who dismiss the captains orders, and a captain who willingly sends out two kids to die using one of their planes.
LeeTailor said:
If you look at Claus, he's already so perfect that I can't see where his character arc could reasonably lead, unless it's about him growing more cold and pragmatic.

To me Claus's character flaw is his stupid heroism. I'm predicting his character arc may be him becoming more of a realist. Realizing that with a will there's not magically a way, and you have to carefully pick your battles not charge into everything. I just googled the definition of pragmatic and realized you practically said the same thing, I need a bigger brain dictionary.
Oct 26, 2018 2:41 PM

Jan 2010
I'm not sure about Claus and Lavie forcing themselves to fight like that, especially Lavie since she's never shown any aptitude for fighting. Claus hasn't either, though he certainly has the personality for it. Regardless, I feel like keeping the story as two couriers ducking under heavy fire to deliver war packages would be more interesting. It would make more sense than having children soldiers potentially out performing adults, and I'd think it would make the series more unique.
May 18, 2021 10:13 PM

Jun 2016
Claus and Lavie take part in the defence of the Silvana. Claus catches the attention of Dio, who wants to play around with him than actually fight him.

For their first actual piece of combat experience, Claus and Lavie sure did manage to hold out, although the fact still remains if Dio wasn't playing around, they'd be dead. They have Tatiana and the "ran out of time" gimmick to thank for that.

Lavie certainly does appear the weaker among the two, but there is a ton of character development potential there. Putting that aside, Lavie sure did change her tune from the last ep, or maybe it's just a case of her accepting the reality of the situation. Anyways, Lavie has something to prove now, whether she wants to or not.

Nov 12, 2022 3:46 PM

Aug 2019
Great episode! I can't wait to see more air battles in this :)

Also really hope Dio gets his face melted by the end of this lol also we can't ignore how Tatiana was mean to Lavie right? She passed out probably because this was one of the most intense things she's been through, give her a break!

And yeah I seriously wonder why the guild stuff is the most advance. It seems almost alien really. It's pretty weird but I hope we get an explanation!
AlkimiaNov 12, 2022 3:49 PM
Feb 7, 2023 1:12 AM
Jul 2021
Sh!t Lavie finally getting a kick in her jewels from reality! Finally she got what she deserved! She finally realized what she is worth, fyi not much! Claus is the MC and once again he showed why! He took action, took the Bull by the horns and returned safely back to the Silvana/"home".

What did "our little Princess" do? Nothing, just blacking out and putting herself, Claus, Tatiana's ship and probably even the Silvana in danger! Useless, useless character.

OMG Dio is so ffuking cool! To anyone out there thinking/saying that Dio/Lucciola are a gay couple, sorry to burst your bubble. But they are not a gay couple. I am bisexual and I can tell the type of person Dio is, he ain't no hom0!

Dio doesn't love anyone but himself, and Lucciola? He is a weakling puppy following his master/alfa dog. 

For Dio anyone either be it being Claus or Lucciola they are nothing more than toys/entertainment/a past time.
DawizzFeb 7, 2023 10:55 PM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Aug 28, 2023 1:52 PM
Aug 2023
soooo gooooodddd
Sep 20, 2023 8:53 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
Better to change your copilot Claus

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Jul 11, 2008

64 by Inter_anime »»
Yesterday, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Jul 12, 2008

104 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 19, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 23 Discussion

37 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 19, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 19 Discussion

19 by MagicPolly »»
Jan 16, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 16 Discussion

18 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 15, 3:55 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.