Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2008 11:06 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That woman who keeps asking "who are you?", I want to direct that question to her :/
Claus' gonna fight, zomg!
Oct 15, 2011 8:09 PM

Nov 2010
Damn ram 'n slam. Claus is a BOSS!
Nov 6, 2011 6:57 AM

May 2010
Amen to that. Starting off the battle with such an unconventional, dangerous, yet effective move? I feel like the next episode is going to be awesome!
“Money can't buy dere”
Nov 29, 2011 9:38 AM

Aug 2010
Next episode will surely be beast.
Dec 3, 2011 12:37 AM

May 2010
Wow. Klaus sure have the skeelz!! :D

And Dio appeared. He's pretty interesting with that chess pieces.
Dec 26, 2011 6:15 AM
Nov 2011
So they either have remote cameras or recovered a black box, and now Lavie and Claus have been 'identified' I have to admit I thought this earlier, but with as dangerous as the mission it was to bring Alvis there, You had to feel that they were now in danger too. After all returning home would be like a sitting duck. I realize they are practically kids, so maybe they don't see it, but being on a flying fortress ship that moves may be safer than returning home, especially if they can break contact with the Guild.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jan 15, 2013 4:09 PM
Feb 13, 2013 6:33 AM

Jan 2012
So who the hell are using those plain robots? Some explanations would be nice.

Mar 11, 2013 6:20 PM

Dec 2009
How are you going to bust your butt to get a package (Al) to it's destination (the ship) and then get beat up and try to fight to take it back? Otherwise I'm enjoying the series this one point doesn't make sense though. Somehow this feels sorta like Eureka Seven to me. She's got a power we just don't know what it is yet or why at least 2 parties are after it.
Such junk...
May 5, 2013 8:10 AM
Feb 2013
Finally, flying action! \m/
I have two question: Why all parties want Alvis? Who is she? :/
P.S: I think Sophia is pretty beautiful girl behind his glasses and the uniform but, I love him anyway for this. :D
Dec 7, 2013 7:07 AM

May 2012
Once again an interesting episode with some really nice development, so let's see what's next!
Jan 31, 2014 5:55 AM

Aug 2013
Dio has crazy written all over him. What the heck is up with the guild anyway O__o
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 15, 2016 4:41 PM
Sep 2009
I have hard time liking Claus, he reminds me of Shiro from F/SN too much and I hated the guy.

"I'll protect Al!" How? How exactly is his trash of a plain going to protect her from 100s of advanced ships? His ship doesn't even have guns. Sorry Claus, but you will get her 100% killed.

Grow up. Not trusting Silvano and being an idiot are 2 different things.
Jan 11, 2017 7:36 AM
Aug 2014
Bit harsh seeing as he's probably only around 13 years old. And the rumours that Cluas has heard about Silvana and the way they handled themselves when they first met I would've been more surprised if he had trusted them.

Thought it was another good episode, really enjoying the show so far.
Mar 14, 2017 5:41 PM

Apr 2015
Really disliked this episode. There were numerous things that made no sense.

First, they let Clause and Lavie pilot of their Vanships. Didn't they just have multiple pilots return with damaged ships? Why didn't those pilots switch to the Vanship (that Claus/Lavie are now using)? Second, the entire group just stood at the middle of hangar bay with Alvis. Shouldn't they have taken cover or, even better, take Alvis to a more secured room? I could understand if the kids froze in action, but the Silvana crew should be more capable. Lastly, Lavie snapped when Silvana crew members touched the Vanship, yet, at the same time, she barged into the Silvana.
Jun 20, 2017 5:26 PM

Jun 2013
"Uh sorry I can't control my subordinates and they ended up beating you unconscious" I hate to be right but that's about the extent of what I expected as a follow up: not even a slap on the wrist, and the boy is expected to "be a man" about it. And I get that he wouldn't complain, but when one of the men that beat him up gets all up in his face, Claus is sorry? I really didn't want to get hung up on this but this show is seriously stretching my suspension of disbelief with this whole deal. If they didn't want to deal with the fallout, why open this can of worms? It's also just a little bit funny that the anime that showcases runaway examples of chivalry and honor still plays our hero in such a stereotypically chivalrous way. Well, unless it's intentional... I guess I'll see.

Graumann said:
First, they let Clause and Lavie pilot of their Vanships. Didn't they just have multiple pilots return with damaged ships? Why didn't those pilots switch to the Vanship (that Claus/Lavie are now using)? Second, the entire group just stood at the middle of hangar bay with Alvis. Shouldn't they have taken cover or, even better, take Alvis to a more secured room? I could understand if the kids froze in action, but the Silvana crew should be more capable. Lastly, Lavie snapped when Silvana crew members touched the Vanship, yet, at the same time, she barged into the Silvana.

Also, letting a pilot with head trauma (i.e. Claus) fly an aircraft = pure genius plan. Good thing he has magical pilot skills (though I'll concede the way he dismantled the starfish was pretty cool). About Lavie, I feel like it's fairly believable that she would have a little meltdown like that, considering all that has happened, and that they wouldn't be in this situation if it weren't for Claus' hero complex. It would be more surprising if she were thinking rationally.

Despite my reservations and my difficulties in getting immersed in these past two episodes, I want to emphasize that the show still looks great. Even the mechanics I hate so much have charisma in their animation, and then there's the Executive Officer and the Captain, both rich with personality in their movements. It's really too bad that I'm getting distracted by some of the nonsense in this show which otherwise should be fun by all accounts.
LeeTailorJun 20, 2017 5:40 PM
Sep 18, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2016
I don't get why the mechanics are made to be barbarians who don't follow command, and then are changed to likable dudes. We already lost respect for these guys. Lavie is screaming at everyone and in an emotionally messed up state, Claus is wounded and physically messed up yet somehow wants to join in the fight. Somehow the Silvana's crew agree, even if it's due to Alex seeing Claus's piloting skills. Somehow both of them agree they can somehow get off of the Silvana and keep Al safer than the Silvana can right now. Somehow no one tries to take cover when starfish are attacking. This was just ridiculous.

Claus is a boring stoic hero who's too caught up in being a hero to realize he's being dumb, and Lavie is frustrating but understandable under pressure. The problem doesn't lie with dumb kids, it lies with how the world works around them.
It was just enough going wrong to take away from the episode in a noticeable way.
Oct 26, 2018 2:41 PM

Jan 2010
Claus with his face beaten up looks a LOT like Naruto Uzumaki. It's really strange to remember Naruto by his bruised face.
May 18, 2021 9:14 PM

Jun 2016
Claus and Lavie reunite with Alvis whilst the crew of the Silvana prepare for and take action against a wave of enemy starfish fighters(?).

Alvis is quite a curious child, going as far as the hanger. There should have been a little more supervision tbh. Could you imagine if she opened a door that leads outside the Silvana and she fell out...

I don't know what it is, but Alex just seems like a badass every time I see him. The crew member line of him taking down a ton of the enemy furthers this. Go, Captain!!!

Jul 17, 2021 3:25 PM

Aug 2017
Damn Al's scream was *loud*

That Dio guy (what a nice name) has pointy ears just like the bald mechanic, hmmm.
Nov 12, 2022 3:29 PM

Aug 2019
I bet Al is somehow related to those two guild members. Also do those mechanics really think everything is good after they beat up Claus? lol
Nov 18, 2022 8:31 AM

Dec 2018
Alkimia said:
I bet Al is somehow related to those two guild members. Also do those mechanics really think everything is good after they beat up Claus? lol

in combat, people can become fast friends. i would know.
anyways, this episode was HYPE.
Mar 16, 2023 5:54 PM

Oct 2022
This and the last episode the interactions have been kind of clumsy with the people on the Silvana. Feels like Klaus and Lavi are just being jerked this way and that and have lost their purpose since delivering the girl to them. We finally get to see what the enemy people are like, and besides making a few smirks their motivations don't seem clear. Everything looks really cool but the writing in this show it feels like it isn't sure where to take the story now. It made absolutely no sense for Klaus to want to head out and fight those star things.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Jul 11, 2008

64 by Inter_anime »»
Apr 24, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Jul 12, 2008

104 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 19, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 23 Discussion

37 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 19, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 19 Discussion

19 by MagicPolly »»
Jan 16, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Last Exile Episode 16 Discussion

18 by Stormy_77 »»
Jan 15, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.