Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2011 8:30 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, what a fantastic episode. Okabe's engrish and Daru probably being Suzuha's dad.

Was it just me or did Mayuri's voice change a bit in this episode?
Jul 13, 2011 8:44 PM

Dec 2010
Okabe's engrish was made of pure comedy gold. It's even funnier when you realize that knowing Okabe, he was really trying to communicate.

Loved this episode, and the little bit of relief the characters got was also nice. Too bad its doubtless the next episode will tear that relief apart into tiny bits and pieces and spit what's left on Okabe.
Jul 13, 2011 8:50 PM

Apr 2010
Merue said:
His Engrish was epic win.

Epic indeed xD Amazing character and VA

Glad I'm not the only who thought that Daru might be the father that Suzuha is looking for.

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Jul 13, 2011 9:32 PM
Apr 2011
The pacing of this series is so good. As I watched this episode I found myself surprised seeing the ED visuals and song since I was so engrossed in what was happening. I wanted it to keep going!

ED certainly made more sense than it did 5 episodes ago. At least for for me.
Jul 13, 2011 11:07 PM

Jun 2011
The Rounder in the dystopian future looks much more professional than its present counterpart. No mercy for the enemy!

Well done on the moments between Daru and Suzuha... =' ]

Yumekichi11 said:
  • I found it baffling of the situation in the spoiler
    in regards to Why not take Mayurii with you in the Time Machine? I mean she would not be in this time line anymore and death would not affect it. Would it really solve anything at all or it is just as Suzuha says, all need to be undone starting with the first D-mail sent. I wonder about that but I was still thinking back then, why the heck not take her even back to 1975 itself?

• Steins;Gate is the best. It's sooooo cool. Sonnawabitch.
    KansokushaJul 13, 2011 11:25 PM
    Jul 14, 2011 1:46 AM

Aug 2010
    win.
    Jul 14, 2011 1:47 AM

Oct 2010
    Kansokusha said:
    The Rounder in the dystopian future looks much more professional than its present counterpart. No mercy for the enemy!

Well done on the moments between Daru and Suzuha... =' ]

Yumekichi11 said:
  • I found it baffling of the situation in the spoiler
    in regards to Why not take Mayurii with you in the Time Machine? I mean she would not be in this time line anymore and death would not affect it. Would it really solve anything at all or it is just as Suzuha says, all need to be undone starting with the first D-mail sent. I wonder about that but I was still thinking back then, why the heck not take her even back to 1975 itself?

• Steins;Gate is the best. It's sooooo cool. Sonnawabitch.
    You got a point.

Hmmmmmmmm so Mayushii will just live much longer till the time comes. I see, silly me to think the Attractor Field notion escaped me.

I still don't get how can the Attractor Field be stopped with a simple major World Line shift? I mean, oh right the things to undo will make that Attractor Field not be there at all. So who is the one that has the Attractor Field started. God? In any case seems the reasoning of the Attractor Field is the events that changed and someone is using Mayushii in all that as the scapegoat but the Ergosphere theory does give me an idea of why.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
    Jul 14, 2011 2:50 AM

Jun 2009
    Kansokusha said:

But this means that she will live ANOTHER THIRTY-FIVE YEARS!!! Instead of three days! I think, that it would be a much better choice...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
    Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
    Jul 14, 2011 3:02 AM

Sep 2009
    Is there a manga tied to this anime? @_@
    Jul 14, 2011 3:12 AM

Oct 2010
    ing3nuity said:
    Is there a manga tied to this anime? @_@
    I wouldn't say it's tied to it, but there is a manga based on the VN. I've only been able to find scans of the first 6 chapters which brings you up to the time shortly after the Ferrys incident. There may be more in raw form but I've not dug too deep looking for untranslated scans.
    Jul 14, 2011 4:14 AM

Jan 2010
    ayeyosteven said:
    SONUVABITCH.

i died laughing
    Jul 14, 2011 4:44 AM

Jun 2011
    Yumekichi11 said:
    I still don't get how can the Attractor Field be stopped with a simple major World Line shift? I mean, oh right the things to undo will make that Attractor Field not be there at all. So who is the one that has the Attractor Field started. God? In any case seems the reasoning of the Attractor Field is the events that changed and someone is using Mayushii in all that as the scapegoat but the Ergosphere theory does give me an idea of why.

The Attractor Field is the defining factor of a worldline. It's a range of divergences that the worldline has branched into. Normally, there's no way to shift into another worldline. Tho the pre-determined catastrophic events are inevitable, they are also the branch-off points to other worldlines - if one can do the impossible.

AlexTrusk said:
    But this means that she will live ANOTHER THIRTY-FIVE YEARS!!! Instead of three days! I think, that it would be a much better choice...

Ya Mayushii can generate her Yuri Field with Suzu and IBN5100-tan for the coming 35 years... only if Suzu makes it through.

And technically, there's a way to prevent Mayushii's death without a shift of worldline...
    KansokushaJul 14, 2011 4:48 AM
    Jul 14, 2011 6:41 AM

Dec 2007
    I wonder if the Japanese audience laughed as much as we did on his English? xD
    Jul 14, 2011 8:03 AM

Jun 2011
    The hints between the relationship of Daru and Suzuha are painfully obvious.
    The light-hearted comedy/drama of this show partially negates my interest on the time machine. The cliffhanger is timed wrongly IMO. My previous issues with the show still remain ... sigh ...
    The threat is stronger than the execution.
    Jul 14, 2011 10:40 AM

May 2008
    aznkirby890 said:

Made me drop dead.

THIS MADE ME DIE A THOUSAND DEATHS. LOLOL. *cannot stop laughing*

Jul 14, 2011 12:57 PM

Oct 2007
    Who else in this ship with me who think Suzuha is actually the Mother herself?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
    Jul 14, 2011 1:34 PM

Jun 2009
    If they will find the truth in the next episode, this will become totally impossible...

Jul 14, 2011 4:04 PM

Jul 2010
    Okabe's Engrish was so funny! xD

I wonder if that rasta really has some information on Suzuha's father's whereabouts. Damn I can't wait to learn more, this is killing me! >w<

Jul 14, 2011 6:12 PM

May 2010
    KayChan4U said:
    aznkirby890 said:

Made me drop dead.

I died at Okabe's english xD
    "SONUVABITCH" xDD
    Jul 14, 2011 6:54 PM

Jun 2009
    Actually I have VN.
    but I won't play till the anime end.
    but now I want SPOILER.
    damn it, I'm gonna play it!
    Jul 14, 2011 9:21 PM
    May 2010
    Man... All these people posting spoilers about the Visual Novel should be just BANNED! What the hell... I came here seeking opinions about, as the topic title says, Episode 15 and I already know things that I should not!!

Go to hell all of you.
    Really.
    Jul 14, 2011 10:16 PM

Jul 2010
    "SONUVABITCH."

Okarin... Are you mad?
    Were I Okarin, I can't say like that.
    The man wearing sunglasses must be strong, and kinda... looks scared for me..

ep16 'Irreversible Necrosis' preview
    ‪TVアニメ「シュタインズ・ゲート」#16「不可逆のネクローシス」予告‬‏ - YouTube
    Jul 14, 2011 10:37 PM

Jun 2011
    kusushi said:
    "SONUVABITCH."

Okarin... Are you mad?
    Were I Okarin, I can't say like that.
    The man wearing sunglasses must be strong, and kinda... looks scared for me..

It's actually a secret spell that will stone ur opponent.

Finally, Tennoji got more screen time. Go Mr. Braun the CRT lover! >=D

The funny thing is that,
    KansokushaJul 14, 2011 11:09 PM
    Jul 14, 2011 11:47 PM

Feb 2010
    LMAO @Okarin speakin english.

Gosh, this anime just knows how to tease me as I wait every week for the next episode. :(
    Jul 15, 2011 1:51 AM

Oct 2010
    DarkDemon-Chan said:
    KayChan4U said:
    aznkirby890 said:
    Made me drop dead.

I died at Okabe's english xD
    "SONUVABITCH" xDD
    I can't stop laughing either. One view and ROFL so bad it's incredible. I swear I can watch this 20 times and have a possible chance of being in pain from laughing too much.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
    Jul 15, 2011 1:53 AM

Oct 2010
    CiroN said:
    Man... All these people posting spoilers about the Visual Novel should be just BANNED! What the hell... I came here seeking opinions about, as the topic title says, Episode 15 and I already know things that I should not!!

Go to hell all of you.
    Really.
    Oh look, anothere idiot confusing speculation with spoilers.
    Jul 15, 2011 5:43 PM
    May 2010
    hikaricore said:
    CiroN said:

Go to hell all of you.
    Really.

Please, tell me where it was said that Suzuha's dad was an otaku on ANY episode of the anime and I will apologize immediately.

If you can't then shut the hell up, pretentious freak.
    CiroNJul 15, 2011 6:20 PM
    Jul 15, 2011 6:01 PM

Jan 2009
    CiroN said:
    hikaricore said:
    CiroN said:

Go to hell all of you.
    Really.
    Please, tell me where it was said that Suzuha's dead was an otaku on ANY episode of the anime and I will apologize immediately.

In the episode where Suzuha told Okarin that she was going to a certain place to meet her dad. Said place was an otaku meeting. That should be enough proof for that.
    Don't remember the name of the meeting (if they even said the name), but they did explain what kind of meeting it was.
    Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
    Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
    Jul 15, 2011 6:23 PM
    May 2010
    Oosran said:
    CiroN said:
    hikaricore said:
    CiroN said:

Go to hell all of you.
    Really.
    Please, tell me where it was said that Suzuha's dead was an otaku on ANY episode of the anime and I will apologize immediately.

In the episode where Suzuha told Okarin that she was going to a certain place to meet her dad. Said place was an otaku meeting. That should be enough proof for that.
    Don't remember the name of the meeting (if they even said the name), but they did explain what kind of meeting it was.

If that's the case, then I do apologize. But I don't recall it being said whatsoever.
    Jul 15, 2011 6:26 PM

Dec 2010
    CiroN said:
    Oosran said:
    CiroN said:
    hikaricore said:
    CiroN said:

Go to hell all of you.
    Really.

If that's the case, then I do apologize. But I don't recall it being said whatsoever.

Unfortunately for you, Oosran is right - Suzuha did say she was going to search for her father at an offline meeting, which coincidentally was where Daru said he was going to go as well.
    RezurrektJul 15, 2011 6:55 PM

Jul 15, 2011 7:05 PM

Jun 2011
    HATCHA said:
    Maybe someone could explain something to me which has me somewhat confused.

Can someone just tell me if what I've gathered so far is correct?

Okirin and CO need to get to timeline Beta, in order to do this they need the PC from 1975 which would allow them to hack into the SERN detabase and delete the D-Mail which 'tripped' their system. Ultimately, stopping SERN ever noticing their experiments which would stop SERN creating the time machine. This would put them in time line Beta, where SERN are now powerless and where Okirin could potentially not just save Mayuri but thousands of others as well as the dystopia would never happen. Is this correct?

Even if this is right im sure it wont go that smoothly.

Ya, the first D-mail was intercepted by the Echelon. Sending another D-mail to undo the 1st one is not an option, as it will still trigger the Echelon. According to Suzuha, the year 2010 is one of the critical turning points in Alpha Worldline - the invention of time machine. Kurisu and the time leap machine were the key figures to SERN's success. By erasing the stored D-mail from SERN's database using the IBN5100, the chain of events that led to the creation of time machine will be broken. Hopefully, this will cause enough divergence to shift the timeline into the Beta Attractor Field. But Suzuha isn't able to do it herself as she doesn't have Reading Steiner.
    Jul 15, 2011 8:31 PM

Oct 2010
    Pwnt.
    Jul 15, 2011 10:25 PM
    Aug 2010
    DesolateOne said:
    On the badge, we see it says "OSHM***A 2010" - what could it possible mean?

A friend of mine noticed something amazing. Putting a spoiler, just in case!

Also: SONUVABITCH.
    KeshoonJul 15, 2011 10:44 PM
    Jul 16, 2011 1:06 AM

Jun 2009
    Keshoon said:

Also: SONUVABITCH.

Jul 16, 2011 2:01 AM

Jun 2011
    Keshoon said:
    DesolateOne said:

Also: SONUVABITCH

Jul 16, 2011 4:17 AM

Jul 2007
    Safe_As117 said:
    Keshoon said:
    DesolateOne said:

Also: SONUVABITCH

If you still thnk that your spoiler part still needs hinting you have not watched the show.

Suzuha's episode pretty much SPELLED IT OUT ALREADY.

If thats not enough, this episode in itself hwas full of "looook! loook! ___ is her father!" moments.
    Jul 16, 2011 4:48 AM

Jul 2011
    Damn it, i cant wait for all episodes to come out! I wanna see Mayuri saved, pls Okabe dont save the world before saving Mayuri.
    Jul 17, 2011 9:23 AM

May 2008
    "HATCHA" said:

Maybe someone could explain something to me which has me somewhat confused.

Can someone just tell me if what I've gathered so far is correct?

Okirin and CO need to get to timeline Beta, in order to do this they need the PC from 1975 which would allow them to hack into the SERN detabase and delete the D-Mail which 'tripped' their system. Ultimately, stopping SERN ever noticing their experiments which would stop SERN creating the time machine. This would put them in time line Beta, where SERN are now powerless and where Okirin could potentially not just save Mayuri but thousands of others as well as the dystopia would never happen. Is this correct?

From what I understand, If you look at when Suzu came from, Kurisu was part of SERN already and most likely never joined the lab. She was a genius in her field, curious by nature, and likely to be sought after by a co. like SERN. The main point that caused her to be interested in the lab in the first place was her 'death,' (causing Okirin to freak out when he sees her,) which is likely related to Suzu coming back in time in some way.

Even in the new timeline with the shift after Okirin sent the D-mail about Kurisu dying, uncausing her death, remember that when they hacked SERN, SERN was already well on the way to making a time machine. In the no-Suzu-timetravel past, Kurisu probably just solved their gel body problem. By merely coming to the past as John Titor, and leading Kurisu to join Okirin (very roundaboutly), it already greatly altered the timeline. The more I think about the first ep, the more possibilities I come up with and the more it confuses me. I need more answers regarding that.

In terms of shifting the worldline, I feel like the world could already be saved in the alpha line (leap back in time to go public before they are stopped), and the only reason to shift is to save Myurin, namely by deleting the record of the first D-mail from SERN's hands with the IBN5100.

Why did Suzu come back? Besides finding her father...
    Did she merely mean to clue in Okarin to the 5100 as Titor? Did Myurin die anyway simply due to fate (likely), and she was sent to 2010 by Okarin to find the 5100 as a dying wish? Maybe it's to kill Kurisu, but why is it undone after the D-mail?

I suppose one way of interpreting the future would be to assume that Kurisu still joined the lab, and made the time leap machine, and after captured she joined SERN, but it doesn't seem to be in her character to do a thing like that (unless perhaps blackmailed with family). although, she does have an insatiable thirst to figure things out when given the opportunity...

Sorry if I didn't make tons of sense, my thoughts are all over the place.

Jul 17, 2011 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
    Good episode, my guess is that Daru is Suzu's dad, too (as ma ny said).

Lol Okabe's engrish xD
    Jul 17, 2011 11:19 AM

Jun 2008
    alexcampos said:
    ayeyosteven said:
    SONUVABITCH.

I was glad to see a little humor back on this show, after two straight serious episodes.

Can't wait to see who's Suzuha's dad....OH WAIT....thanks to you fucking MAL idiots who love to spoil shit simply to increase your e-penis I already know who it is.

Thanks a lot fuckers...

I thought they where just making speculations or did you saw it from some spoiler post from previous episode?
    Anyway after this episode everyone should have pretty much figure it out. If you didn't then you must be quite slow.
    Jul 17, 2011 4:45 PM

Feb 2009

I lol'd. :D Best moment of the episode!
    Jul 17, 2011 5:22 PM

Dec 2009
    Okarin's so funny. "I am mad scientist. It's so COOOL!" XD
    Jul 17, 2011 7:56 PM

Sep 2010
    SONUVABITCH.

LOL! okarin's engrish = win. :D
    Jul 19, 2011 10:01 AM
    Nov 2007
    OSOM EPISODE.
    SONUVABICZ

I'm only small polish female, so don't be so rude to me :<
    I'm doing the best i can in english :>
    Jul 19, 2011 4:08 PM

Mar 2009
    Mamoru Miyano is such a great seiyuu, even his Engrish is flawless. Usually, when a seiyuu tries, they fail miserably. As an example, take the very recent C anime.

Anyway, good episode as always.
    Jul 19, 2011 4:21 PM
    Dec 2007
    I always thought Suzuha was Okarin's daughter from the future but it seems she's Daru's... Anyway, huge developments and fantastic direction in this episode as always.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
    Jul 20, 2011 4:54 AM

Oct 2009
    If only they didn't spoil me... I'm so sad.
    Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
    Jul 21, 2011 12:51 AM

Sep 2008
    LMAO at Okarin's english.

This episode was soooo good. Just like the others. How did the show become so epic for so many episodes non-stop...
    Jul 23, 2011 5:41 PM

Dec 2010
    I just realised how pretty Suzuha actually is.
    Okarin’s name in @channel was Houin Kyouma – I “didn’t” see this coming :D
    So it looks like Suzuha was the one to kill Makise Kurisu in the first episode =\
    Suzuha screwed up everything just because she wanted to see her father... I like characters with such a humane traits.
    Okarin matured a lot since the start of the series. But technically it’s like he did it for few days :D
    Poor Feyris I wouldn’t wish her to date Daru even if I hated her =\
    So we’re back to 11th of August, heh? It’s like we’ll never get to September. Ever.
    I knew it! Okarin is Suzuha’s father!
    This background music is creeping me out... I like that!
    Yey, one day has passed. Again. Wait, does day passing even matter in this anime?
    Blahahahahah, Okarin’s english gangster lines are beyond any meaning of “epic”. I’ll sure remember “sonuvabitch”!
    Kidnap lie... way to go, Mayuri!*
    Okarin knows Kung Fu!
    Daru’s sex fantasies now consider Suzuha. He desperately wants me to kill him >.<
    YOU FOUND HER FATHER!?

*I thought she never lies.
    Jul 24, 2011 2:30 AM

Jun 2009
    Meritas said:

So we’re back to 11th of August, heh? It’s like we’ll never get to September. Ever.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
    Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
    Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
    Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
    Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
    Apr 12, 12:02 AM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.