3It was OK
3.3%
2Disliked it
0.4%
1Hated it
1.4%
Average 4.7
1,091 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2011 9:53 AM

Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Nice episode.

Not much to comment on so I thought I'd do something new for a change and write a summary instead of just random things. I'll bold the stuff I find interesting. I also edited the post to keep it a little more spoiler free (I don't think there were any real spoilers to begin with though).

So starting from last episode, we find out Suzuha was the John Titor that was communicating with Okarin. Not only that, she came from the year 2036, where the world became a Dystopia because of SERN being the only one to invent a time machine.

Apparently, Suzuha says that the first D-Mail was what triggered SERN to look into their experiments. Okarin wants to crack into SERN's database, but they need the IBN1500 - the one they don't have. Suzuha has to travel back in time to 1975 and find it, but her time machine appears to be broken.

Suddenly, authorities can be heard coming closer and closer, so Okarin does what he does best - distract them with his crazy mad-scientist antics while Kurisu and Suzuha escape through another way. During the whole thing, the misunderstanding between Suzuha and Kurisu had been somewhat cleared for now (or at least their differences are put aside). They quickly meet up again.

In this worldline, the Time Machine/Satellite did not crash (Actually, episode 16 it clearly shows it did). Instead, Suzuha assumes it broke during the storm on the day Okarin went looking for Suzuha when she did not return after trying to find her father.

So now Okarin decides to time leap back some 50 hours in order to fix the time machine within two days. Before time leaping, Okarin says he does not care about saving the world; Mayuri is who he wants to save.

After time leaping, Okarin tells the rest what's happening so far and what he wants done in two days. Daru doesn't think he can do it, but he ends up agreeing to try repairing Suzuha's time machine.

Suzuha will have to go soon. What sucks is that she still hasn't found her father, so Mayuri and the rest of the gang propose helping her look for him. Daru and Suzuha end up chatting about her father. Just the two of them. *Suzuha with tears in her eyes during while talking to Daru* ...:(

Afterwards, Suzuha tells Okarin that he is the only one who can tell when the world pasts into the beta world with his Reading Steiner. We also find out that in the future, Okarin founded the resistance group that Suzuha was a part of and Kurisu, being a member of SERN, contributed the most in the development of SERN's time machine. Unfortunately, both are dead by 2036.

It skips on ahead to where we see Okarin and Suzuha visiting random jewelery shops hoping to find out if anyone had seen the pin badge that Suzuha always has with her - the only thing she has left from her father. They meet some shady jewelery seller on the street who Okarin thinks does not speak Japanese, only to find out he does (lol @ his English). Okarin gives him a card so he can call him if he finds out anything. After leaving, Okarin looks at the badge. On the badge, we see it says "OSHM***A 2010" - what could it possible mean?

Later on, Okarin and Suzuha meets up with Mayuri whom is handing out posters in order to help look for Suzuha's father. The thing is - she is telling the people on the street that Suzuha's father is a kidnapper. Well, she was only saying that to attract their attention. After that, they meet up with Kurisu who thinks Suzuha's father is a kidnapper, but she doesn't realize that Mayuri was the one who made that up.

Skipping ahead, everyone is back at the sattelite. Daru is almost done repairing the time machine! Suzuha "praises" Daru for his work (guess he's not just a fat otaku afterall). In response to that, Daru starts saying perverted things to Suzuha (LOL how very wrong?). Mayuri thinks Daru and Suzuha look great together, although Kurisu and Okarin completely disagree. They may look great together, but Mayuri can't explain how or why.

While Suzuha and Okarin chat about how much she appreciates the effort they put into finding her father as well as allowing her to become a lab member and hang out with everyone, Okarin receives a call from that weird shop keeper. Apparently, he knows something about Suzuha's father.

And the episode ends like that...

Pretty awesome if I do say so myself. There were so many subtle hints at who Suzha's father was in this episode. However, we'll know for sure soon enough...next episode should be when they reveal who Suzuha's father is.

Looking forward to the next episode.
RezurrektJul 19, 2011 7:20 PM

Jul 13, 2011 10:00 AM

Jan 2009
Dun dun dunnn. "Guess what, if you erase the existance of that first D-mail from SERN's servers, everything should change. ( ¬‿¬)"

And it's like, kinda strange listening to Dal and Suzuha talking about Suzuha's dad. ( ¬‿¬)

Also, Okarin's Engrish is fucking awesome. Just sayin'.
"Hey, mister. I am mad scientist. Is so cooool. Son of a bitch!"
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 13, 2011 10:03 AM

Jul 2010
Okarin English was awesome!

Great, a cliffhanger.
Jul 13, 2011 10:03 AM

Apr 2010

Made me drop dead.
Jul 13, 2011 10:04 AM

Dec 2009
Mayushii's plan to find Suzuha's father was funny, and it was even funnier when Kurisu told them she overheard that Suzuha's father may be a kidnapper, lol.

Based on hints in this and a previous episode, I still think Daru will be revealed to be Suzuha's father. It would actually make sense too.
Ara ara.
Jul 13, 2011 10:04 AM

Jun 2010
Well, I guess that Daru may be actually Suzuha's dad, in Boukan no Rebellion we see that her father was a crazy Otaku so...

And Okarin's engrish was priceless. Again.
Jul 13, 2011 10:05 AM

Nov 2009
Dam cliff hanger.

mad scientist Is so cooool.

Suzuha's father could be Daru.
Jul 13, 2011 10:06 AM

Jan 2011
nice change of pace from all the depressing stuff but i have a feeling it's gonna go right back to it soon :(

highlight of the episode for me was
Jul 13, 2011 10:10 AM

May 2010
Okarin's engrish had me rolling. That "son of a bitch" line got me...

Great episode. Also agreeing on Suzu's dad being Daru - they look alike(the hair/eyes).. Pretty interesting to know that in Suzuha's timeline Kurisutina is kinda of like a god...
Jul 13, 2011 10:10 AM

Nov 2007
site finally working.

I don't know what was better Mad Scientist Engrish or ....

"My handle is ..... HOOUIN KYOUMA"

*simultaneously Kurisu and Suzuha answer*

"WE KNOW"

hahaha Hoouin Kyouma, best character of the season? or of all time?
Jul 13, 2011 10:19 AM

Mar 2008
Okarin's English is awesome :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2011 10:23 AM

Apr 2009
Great episode, Okarin engrish win and the story is moving along nicely. I wonder how Daru will react or if they'll keep it a secret from him, assuming he is the father.
Jul 13, 2011 10:23 AM

Oct 2009
Okarin's engrish was the highlight of this episode. Nuff said.

CLIFFHANGERS AGAIN?

Jul 13, 2011 10:26 AM

Feb 2011
This episode was also awesome.

Especially the scene when Okabe was speaking English <3
Jul 13, 2011 10:31 AM

Jun 2011
Son of a bitch FTW
Jul 13, 2011 10:36 AM
Jul 2011
I was... Houoin Kyouma. ----we know--- huh?
best part of this episode, heh
Jul 13, 2011 10:45 AM

May 2010
Okabe is truly a "MAD SCIENTIST"
Jul 13, 2011 10:46 AM

Feb 2010
His Engrish was epic win.

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jul 13, 2011 10:48 AM

Nov 2010
SONUVABITCH.
Jul 13, 2011 10:51 AM
Nov 2010
If Daru is Suzuha's dad like most of you are saying, then who is her mother.
My guess is that its probably Feiris.

LOL @Okarin's english
Jul 13, 2011 11:01 AM

Apr 2011
As usual, great episode.

Okabe's english was easily the highlight of the episode, haha!
hey hey hey hey no
Jul 13, 2011 11:04 AM

Aug 2010
Okarin's Engrish made my day. Giving Part-Time Warrior some much needed screen time was a very nice touch. Can't wait for the next episode, we are counting on you, you mad scientist. 5/5.
Jul 13, 2011 11:05 AM

Sep 2008
The Engrish was definitely the best part; I never knew that with enough libido, one could spout such awesome words.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2011 11:08 AM

Jun 2010
It's obvious that Daru is Suzuha's father. I loved Okabe's English.

Jul 13, 2011 11:10 AM

Nov 2009

Daru is so kawaii! Wear your hat like this, please!

OMG! The neko-chan, they are asking the neko-chan! Haha xD

Light episode, it reminded me how much i love the comedy moments in Steins Gate. And those moment don't spoil the story and the atmosphere. Okabe's "son of a bitch" managed to make me laugh xD.
I love how the 'camera' was shaking when a little red light was shown then focused on Suzuha.
And yes - the very first D-mail.
We know who is Suzuha's father after ep. 15.
Jul 13, 2011 11:12 AM

Feb 2008
I don't think no one know who are Suzaru Mother yet, haven't been playing VN so I dunno.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 13, 2011 11:16 AM

May 2010
Didn't Suzuha say "Amane" was her mother's name? So I doubt Rumiho....I don't think her mother will even be introduced - she doesn't have much to do with the actual plot like her dad.(I assume).
Jul 13, 2011 11:18 AM

Jun 2008
ayeyosteven said:
SONUVABITCH.
LOL....great moment in the episode...

I was glad to see a little humor back on this show, after two straight serious episodes.

Can't wait to see who's Suzuha's dad....OH WAIT....thanks to you fucking MAL idiots who love to spoil shit simply to increase your e-penis I already know who it is.

Thanks a lot fuckers...
Jul 13, 2011 11:20 AM

Jan 2010
lol I loved Okarin's line!!!!

You know what would be sad/funny at the same time? If Suzuha was her own mother....just saying.
DaitomodachiJul 13, 2011 11:23 AM
Jul 13, 2011 11:24 AM

Oct 2010
OMG and OMG. The plot advancement is astronomical. After seeing Kamisama Dolls #2 this episode of Steins Gate should receive the award of most amazing plot advancement ever. Simply put Suzuha/Daru. Everything is revealed concerning Suzuha and boy was it a ride even though once again I read the VN of this a little. As such I find Suzuha really hot in the following,

simply put when she was in the resistance she looked nice those pants and shirt. I really liked in the beginning seeing Suzuha run with a black/white theme of a flashback. Man same way I found Kamisama dolls interesting. I could not believe how much of a massacre the forces of SERN do in the spoiler
it was quite shocking visually with people being gunned down with automatic fire and blood spraying. Despite that Suzuha did a nice flash-bang that really did a nice flash straight on the enemy itself. Finally the pin was already with Suzuha in the future so that 's interesting but more than anything holy crap at the inside of the Time Machine. I wonder what those switches do on the right and those up. Well one thing is sure is that it is shown that the butterfly effect is ignited in the spoiler
from the time it sits still to it flies off when Suzuha activates the time machine, which is clearly shows that Suzuha in using a time machine created the butterfly effect already.

OMG, for a first time Suzuha blushes in the following,

well I don't remember her blushing at all and another thing is that she cried in the spoiler
that was also surprising IMO.

About Suzuha/Daru, going to talk about each and both because it is really crucial for me to explain what I though of it as I knew things ahead of time. IMO that really got me much more in their situation and saying anymore. Just saying that knowing things ahead made me so much more appreciate this part as other who don't know may have been huh at some of these. I was kind of afraid of this part as Suzuha mentions that she has to return to 1975. I would have been boring to have Suzuha just go to 1975 suddenly. I so like of course Daru can fix it as soon as he got in! Of course I was sure he could. This must be the most serious face of Daru I have seen up to now in the spoiler
Daru was straight up serious there and I could see it. I laughed really hard at Daru's pose here as he mention to Suzuha to get him a 1975 Cel of Ragical Girl Omit-chan. Now that was funny. The insides of the Time Machine were amazing! The first thing that caught my attention is Daru mentioning that this part looks similar to one of the parts of the Microwave D-mail and I found the circuitry rather well done. I really appreciated the following confrontation of Daru/Suzuha in the spoiler
it was just magical is all I can say. It was also nice to see Daru working alone on the Time Machine for some reason due to the background and of seeing Suzuha with divergence meter again. I found Daru really hilarious with his pose here. It was very enriching seeing Daru/Suzuha.

About Makise, Makise was very lovely with her blush in the spoiler
and I ROFL at the kamehameha reference here as a nickname for Makise. Totally blew me off to know that Makise here is known in the future as “The Time Machine Mother” and as such it was hard to know that Makise/Okabe are dead in 2036. TBH as the guards came in Makise's hand out in the spoiler
was quite a nice pose of Makise. Offering help and Suzuha accepting it was a great sign of things being resolved between them.

About Mayurii, one of things I loved about Mayurii this episode is having death fuck off and giving Mayurii her nice smiling face here. Of the most amazing poses the following 2 are the best in the spoiler
of Mayurii salute and her giving out pamphlets to find out whose pin is on the photo. Well it was nice that she give away those pamphlets but in the end police started to get curious about it. In fact even
Makise here was hearing clerks talk about Amane being a kidnapper. Well I was damn happy that Mayurii did not get killed in this episode again.

Some points about Okabe and other things.
  • The best of the best parts of Okabe is none other than in the spoiler
    with the following speech:
    -Hey Mister
    -I am Mad Scientist
    -It's so cool!
    -Son of a bitch

Oh man ROFL most of all the series. Repeated part over 5 times. This is amazing. Someone should make a GIF but with the subs. I can't do that unfortunately. The black guy was so cool dude! Well no luck with anyone from the looks of here. I was ROFL at Okabe here as he said his nickname but both girls knew about it.

• I found it baffling of the situation in the spoiler
    in regards to Why not take Mayurii with you in the Time Machine? I mean she would not be in this time line anymore and death would not affect it. Would it really solve anything at all or it is just as Suzuha says, all need to be undone starting with the first D-mail sent. I wonder about that but I was still thinking back then, why the heck not take her even back to 1975 itself?

Then again I was laughing at Okabe here for claiming a level 70 experiment that is super dangerous. ROFL! Yeah that was a good one.

• Leaving out the rope in the spoiler
    was obviously stupid! That could have avoided the attention of the security guards. Better yet hiding properly would have been better as soon as the foot steps were heard.

About the end, the end of the episode leaves me with a sour taste in the spoiler
as Suzuha looks to be saying her final words before leaving and the outdoor eating looks to be a last super between all. Will episode 16 advance to new frontiers in the plot? I am getting excited but somewhat worried at this end point of the episode. Go Daru fix the machine and let's roll!
Yumekichi11Jul 13, 2011 11:28 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 13, 2011 11:31 AM

Feb 2009
A bit of a laidback and breather episode. Kind of surprising given the tension and action of the last few episodes. But it was great nonetheless. Daru is obviously the father given all the clues but we'll just see.

Oh and <insert comment about Okarin's Engrish>

Finally MySQL Error free. What happened?
Jul 13, 2011 11:32 AM

Nov 2009
ayeyosteven said:
Can't wait to see who's Suzuha's dad....OH WAIT....thanks to you fucking MAL idiots who love to spoil shit simply to increase your e-penis I already know who it is.

After all those hints+this week's ep. you can guess who it is >.>
It's obvious.
Jul 13, 2011 11:35 AM

Nov 2009
alexcampos said:

Thanks a lot fuckers...

There was enough hints. It was all a guess. I'm sure you got the hint also.
Jul 13, 2011 11:36 AM

May 2010
I literally started clapping and doing fist pumps when Okabe was like "Sonnofabetch!"
I know everybody's talking about that, but still, I had to also. XD
Awesome episode!
Jul 13, 2011 12:18 PM

Oct 2010
Damn daru must of hooked up with a hot chick ^^

Man Suzuha and Daru are so cute together (in a father daughter kinda way)

okarin is epicness

5/5
Jul 13, 2011 12:58 PM

Jun 2009
It would be kind of ironic if Suzuha's parents ended up being Okarin and Kurisu. I know that it's not true due to some spoilers but oh well. I like that idea. Can't wait for next episode to see how Okarin and Suzuha find out Suzuha's father's identity. They will be shocked.
Jul 13, 2011 1:17 PM

Jun 2009
PerlaNemesis said:
They will be shocked.

Imagine, how he will be shocked...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Jul 13, 2011 1:18 PM

Jun 2008
bakuramariks said:
After all those hints+this week's ep. you can guess who it is >.>
It's obvious.

Actually, I was referring to the fact that people have been talking about Suzuha's dad since episode 10.

The element of surprise is completely gone....well, whatever....I'm still looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 13, 2011 1:32 PM

Oct 2010
I am mazu scientist!!! xD, Okarin ROCKS!!! xD

Z-flame said:

if that happens i will actually LOL so much, because... his fantasies will become reality!!! xD
Jul 13, 2011 1:52 PM

Aug 2010
Cool episode and lol at Okarin's English.
Jul 13, 2011 1:59 PM

Sep 2009
mystik said:
Hoouin Kyouma, best character of the season? or of all time?
Of all times; without any hesitation <3

And Okarin's engrish was indeed the best part.

Everything being all happy and cheerful scares me as it's of screaming that something bad is going to happen in the later episodes. Yup, wouldn't mind sudden 'BAMS' at all.

I should not have spoiled myself about Suzuha's father. I so regret it now.
So if SERN is collecting data from all over the world about time machines then they should already know about the lab members visiting the satellite right?
It would be fun to see SERN using the time machine to hunt down Suzuha.
Jul 13, 2011 2:10 PM

Jul 2007
VincentArisato said:
Well, I guess that Daru

Geee you think? </sarcasm>
13man18 said:
It's obvious that Daru is Suzuha's father. I loved Okabe's English.

THis.

Otherwise great episode that just confirmed the idea i had about undoing the sms hjinks from first episode, however that does arise a lot of questions, mostly on what and how much would change. Hopefully it won't be "and suddenly dinosaurs everywhere"

Otherwise, 4/5
Jul 13, 2011 2:11 PM

Apr 2011
RealScreamer said:
Didn't Suzuha say "Amane" was her mother's name? So I doubt Rumiho....I don't think her mother will even be introduced - she doesn't have much to do with the actual plot like her dad.(I assume).

Feyris/Rumiho is not her mother since yes she clearly said 'Amane' was her mother's name. The only possible way is if she changed her name for hiding purposes but ahh.

I, by mistake, heard on a Japanese site her mother's name is Yuki Amane. We don't hear or see much of her apparently.
SuperbluntJul 13, 2011 2:26 PM
hey hey hey hey no
Jul 13, 2011 2:20 PM

Nov 2009
ohh so daru is her father..... SONUVABITCH!!!!!!!!!

Okabe is best character of the year.
Jul 13, 2011 2:39 PM

Oct 2010
AlexTrusk said:
PerlaNemesis said:
They will be shocked.

Imagine, how he will be shocked...

If he is her father, he can never be allowed to know.
Otherwise in this worldline she may never be born.
Jul 13, 2011 5:23 PM

Nov 2010
Z-flame said:

LOL @Okarin's english

The manga makes it a lot more obvious.
Jul 13, 2011 5:28 PM

Aug 2010
Okarin's "Sonuvabitch" cracked me up XDDD so much win going on there

Why must this be so awesome??? :D
Jul 13, 2011 6:15 PM

Jan 2011
Okabe cracked me up. XD

The flashback was so great! Great epi!
I love random messages! :D
Jul 13, 2011 6:22 PM

Nov 2007
Damn, it’s looking more and more like Daru is Suzuha’s dad. D: I really want it to be Okabe! Blah.
Jul 13, 2011 8:06 PM

May 2010
SONUVABITCH.

That's what I call "cool" english!!! :D
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.