Forum Settings
Forums

Novel Author of Zero no Tsukaima Suffering From Terminal Cancer [Update Aug 4]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 8, 2011 3:05 PM

Dec 2010
Damn, knowing you have a serious illness must be a very very horrible feeling. I cannot fathom how one would feel unless I experienced it myself (God forbid).

I really hope he is going to live through the operation and continue on with a normal life.

Jul 8, 2011 3:07 PM

May 2008
I've never watched any seasons of that anime but I want to...and I hope the operation goes well and they recover ): Too many people dying...

Jul 8, 2011 3:14 PM

Feb 2010
Hope he gets better cuz we need him for season 4!!!
Jul 8, 2011 3:23 PM
May 2011
i hate his show but a lif eis a life, hope he will be ok
Jul 8, 2011 3:38 PM

Jan 2010
LIVE ON! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
Jul 8, 2011 4:38 PM

Dec 2008
i hope he gets well!
Jul 8, 2011 4:54 PM

Apr 2011
Nachotee said:

You obviously didn't get the joke, but I'm gonna reply seriously

Ohh so you're a person who jokes about this kinda stuff....

Jul 8, 2011 5:07 PM

Jan 2008
I hope he gets better.
Jul 8, 2011 5:10 PM
Jul 2011
i hope he has a full recovery i also hope for another season od Zero no tsukaima XD
i want to read the novella of ZNT not available in my country tho
Jul 8, 2011 5:44 PM

Mar 2009
live on and survive ,, we all otakus in the world pray for you
i am going to be the i the one with the biggest manga pocket collgection

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/enerjak&sclick=1][/url]
Jul 8, 2011 6:02 PM
Jul 2008
Kaydee-san said:
Nachotee said:

Yes. Are you the type of hypocrite who acts as if he cared about humanity when a mangaka is dying but does nothing to help people starving in africa?
Jul 8, 2011 8:05 PM

Jun 2010
LIVE DAMN YOU LIVE I SAY
Jul 8, 2011 8:10 PM
Dec 2007
Nachotee said:
Kaydee-san said:
Nachotee said:

Yes. Are you the type of hypocrite who acts as if he cared about humanity when a mangaka is dying but does nothing to help people starving in africa?
Well, if the alternative is being insensitive to people who die or are ill "because they are just 1 more person" then I rather be a hypocrite. Not caring about anyone just because we don't care about everyone is just a black and white simplistic view incompatible with society.

Jul 8, 2011 9:49 PM

Apr 2010
not a fan of his stuff, but good luck with the operation hope it all goes well for him

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jul 8, 2011 10:14 PM

Feb 2011
Dudes this sucks....i hope he gets better....and another season of ZnT now that we are on the subject.....
Jul 8, 2011 10:41 PM
Jul 2008
jmal said:
Nachotee said:

Are they posting on the internet about how they hope starving Africans die so [insert some logically ludicrous "benefit] here? No.

So shut up. You're being crude and got called on it. Deal.
Nice reading comprehension. I never said I hoped he died.

Leon-Gun said:
Nachotee said:

Well, if the alternative is being insensitive to people who die or are ill "because they are just 1 more person" then I rather be a hypocrite. Not caring about anyone just because we don't care about everyone is just a black and white simplistic view incompatible with society.
The only reason you care about the guy is because he writes anime. Such a materialistic approach seems more disspleasing/offensive than kind.
Jul 9, 2011 12:00 AM
Jul 2010
Confucius said:
Tell him that his death will actually do more good to the world, I honestly cannot stand the stupid garbage.

This just shows that you haven't grown up yet, go back to kindergarten.

Jul 9, 2011 2:30 AM

Sep 2010
get well soon...

love your work the first light novel I read...
Jul 9, 2011 2:55 AM

Jun 2009
I hope he lives.
Jul 9, 2011 3:01 AM

Jul 2008
What a worrying news. I hope everything goes well for him and that he will have a quick recover.
------------------------
Database Guidelines
Denials: anime | manga
Modifications: anime | manga
-----------------------------------
Jul 9, 2011 4:05 AM

Oct 2009
Leonard93 said:
hope hes gonna be fine
Jul 9, 2011 5:00 AM

Jan 2010
LIVE ON !
Jul 9, 2011 6:32 AM

Jun 2011
/frown
That's worrying. I hope he gets better soon.

Jul 9, 2011 10:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Hope he lives on!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 9, 2011 12:30 PM

Apr 2009
cyruz said:
Hope he lives on!

Jul 9, 2011 12:50 PM

Sep 2008
alexcampos said:
It's times like this that you realize just how precious life is...

Anime/manga/LN just doesn't matter, I don't care if ZnT ever gets finished, I don't care if we ever get another anime...

A person's life is in danger.....that should be the only concern.

Eh, lives are in danger all the time. I got actual family members and shit. None of them are immortal.

I'm not gonna say that caring for strangers is hypocritical, but if a complete stranger's ailment has you that worked up clearly everything's working out pretty well for you and your loved ones. So um... gratz on the noteworthy lack of disease or suffering?

Anyway here's hoping the man manages to wrap his shit up before he croaks. Finish his series, reconcile with his loved ones, get the finances in order and all that jazz. The man hasn't hit forty yet. I'm sure his life still has a lot of loose ends that need to be tied off before he can call it a day.

The series in particular would be nice. Both for my own selfish reasons, and because that's pretty much gonna be his legacy. Sucks to be remembered for an unfinished project.

We really don't need another incomplete story just because this pesky frail human form we inhabit.
Jul 9, 2011 6:20 PM

Nov 2009
I've never read/watched ZnT, but I do hope that he ends up okay.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Jul 9, 2011 7:47 PM
Oct 2009
I hope he gets better. Good luck to him.
Jul 9, 2011 9:42 PM

Jun 2008
Gangler said:
alexcampos said:

Anime/manga/LN just doesn't matter, I don't care if ZnT ever gets finished, I don't care if we ever get another anime...

Eh, lives are in danger all the time. I got actual family members and shit. None of them are immortal.

I'm not gonna say that caring for strangers is hypocritical, but if a complete stranger's ailment has you that worked up clearly everything's working out pretty well for you and your loved ones. So um... gratz on the noteworthy lack of disease or suffering?

Nah, I didn't mean it like that....

What I meant is that for him, his biggest concern is his health not some Novel...

If you were an author and you have a serious life threatening disease, the LAST thing you're thinking about is whether or not you'll be able to finish your product.
Jul 9, 2011 9:54 PM

Nov 2009
PLEASE, LIVE, PLEASE, YOU CAN LIVE, I KNOW, EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE, BELIEVE IT! ♥
Jul 9, 2011 11:39 PM

Jan 2009
long live dude!!!
Jul 10, 2011 12:22 AM

Sep 2008
alexcampos said:
Gangler said:
alexcampos said:

Nah, I didn't mean it like that....

What I meant is that for him, his biggest concern is his health not some Novel...

If you were an author and you have a serious life threatening disease, the LAST thing you're thinking about is whether or not you'll be able to finish your product.

Fair enough. Depends on how passionate you are about your craft I guess. I might very well choose to forgo that in favor of more time with my family but then again that's probably why I've never been published ;)

Either way I'm sure he's just trying to get his affairs in order as best he can right now, whatever that happens to mean to him. Here's hoping he does alright. Bringing a peaceful conclusion to a life half-finished isn't exactly an easy task, though it's not like it really gets easy no matter how long you live.

The sacred power that is the narrative is still not to be understated though. If he chose to wrap up his story the effects it would have on his legacy and his contribution to the world would be far from minimal, and hopefully his family would understand. As I'm sure he's painfully aware right now, we're all quite mortal and limited to our time on this earth. A story is entirely immortal though, and can survive long after the world that birthed it has ceased to be remembered. A story lives and continues to be the undercurrent driving humanity so long as there continues to be lips interested in telling the tale. A story has the potential to even outlive us as a species. As a dying man this might not be entirely insignificant to him.

Right now in the world there are millions of recorded conversational references to his characters. Hundreds of thousands of copies of his books. Video recordings of the story's adaptation. Fandom, doodles and drawing and fanfictions in homage. When the historians come rummaging through the husk that once was our civilization, it is not his family they will find but rather his work, and that is what they will judge us by. That is how they will discern who lived here and what we valued as a culture. May or may not be something he thinks about.

...though of course taking care of the rest of his shit and treating his novels as a paycheck he won't need for much longer is an equally valid decision XD Whatever his values I'm sure he'll act in accordance
Jul 10, 2011 2:43 AM

Nov 2007
Everything I love withers and perishes.
Jul 10, 2011 3:27 AM

Jun 2010
Please Live! Don't give up...I'll support u till the end!
Jul 10, 2011 9:35 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, I don't read the novels, but I hope he gets better soon. Having an operation is never fun.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jul 10, 2011 3:44 PM

Dec 2009
Here's to hoping he survives and goes on to write something actually good.
Your favorite anime is shit.
Jul 10, 2011 4:14 PM

May 2009
Live on !!! I want to see more of the anime, plus i want to read the mangas.
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis" Which means "It's not for me, It's not for you. It's for everyone"
Jul 10, 2011 7:08 PM
Jan 2009
Hopefully you will be able to get through this! I hope the best for you, I know (almost) everyone here does!
Jul 11, 2011 2:50 AM

Jul 2011
hope he get's better soon!!!!! :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2011 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
Good Luck! and get well soon!
Jul 11, 2011 3:42 PM

Feb 2008
Jul 11, 2011 10:18 PM

Jun 2009
I hope he makes it Zero no tsukima is one of my favorite animes soe I really hope he makes it I am upset the author of MM! died this year please don't take another awesome author away from us.
Jul 13, 2011 10:43 PM

May 2011
It has been proven many times throughout history that if a man truly wishes to survive, he WILL survive. I hope the best for him.

Jul 13, 2011 11:09 PM

Sep 2008
FearTheDarkSide said:
It has been proven many times throughout history that if a man truly wishes to survive, he WILL survive. I hope the best for him.

Um... I don't know that this has been proven. At All. I don't really even know that this is remotely close to theoretically feasible, let alone provable. I mean, I just. Ughh.

I mean I want to ask what all this proof is, but I also just desperately want to ignore you. I mean, how do you reconcile such a notion with incidents like Columbine? Or even with the very notion of a disease. Birth defects, toxins, unexpected allergic reactions. Unforeseeable accidents, natural disasters, poverty. How does such an attitude even make sense supposing that a self-preservation instinct will generally enforce a desire to survive as the default?

I mean... what? This is surgery. Sometimes surgeons fuck up and you end up losing all your blood while unconscious. Sometimes he doesn't clean it right and you end up with a swollen infection that prevents you from breathing. Sometimes they mismeasure the knockout gas and sedate you to the point that you cease to breath. Sometimes they just don't manage to finish the surgery within the time limit and you die because you've been opened up for far longer than planned. Under such a theory could one will themselves through that? Would desire to survive sustain a man after he's got no blood? Is survival desire a functional replacement for food, water, air, and internal organs?

Mortality. Is that even an applicable concept with such a notion in effect? No one will die if they want to survive? Old age! What about old age! The human body just plain can't last more than about a hundred twenty years tops no matter what we do and we don't yet have the capability to transplant our brains into cyberman bodies. Are we regenerating? Is that what we're doing? We hit a a solid hundred years or so and then we shed our body in lieu of a fresh twenty-something year old form?

Animals that don't have a sufficiently developed mind to desire anything other than survival. How do they die? I mean holy freaking Christ boy I simply must know how this work! If you've actually got this worked out and it all checks through then that changes everything! We'll have to rethink medicine from the ground up! Completely restructure biology as a science! The ramifications this would have in the fields of Anthropology and Psychology are downright astronomical! For the love of all that's Holy I demand your thesis!
Jul 13, 2011 11:12 PM

Dec 2010
What the fuck?
Jul 14, 2011 7:28 AM
Jul 15, 2011 5:52 AM

Feb 2008
Update July 15th
According to Media Factory, Yamaguchi is suffering from a terminal-stage cancer. A tumor was found this February. At that point, it was impossible to carry out a surgery but a shrinkage of the tumor was observed in May thanks to the effect of anti-cancer drugs. He said he has already completed the outlines of the remaining two volumes of Zero no Tsukaima novel and wanted to publish them as soon as possible.

Source: Media Factory
dtshykJul 15, 2011 5:59 AM
Jul 15, 2011 7:23 AM

Nov 2008
The horror

He doesn't have long to live and it's a shame, why do the good ones have to die of the worse things. Can't they all just die peacefully from old age in their sleep or from heart disease and/or stroke.

Jul 15, 2011 7:24 AM
Dec 2009
Who cares about Zero no Tsukaima, I just hope he's goin to recover.
Hang in there! <3
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
1 hour ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by DarkDooM2 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
12 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.