Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2011 10:34 AM
Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
viMALMay 30, 2019 2:37 PM
Jul 4, 2011 10:37 AM

Aug 2009
Ill give it a few episodes...../a/ kinda made me watch it....but it seems like a generic lolis-in-a-club anime
no
Jul 4, 2011 11:30 AM

Nov 2008
A way better series than I thought, I like Kyoko's rambunctiousness. I'll watch this anime after all.

5/5

Jul 4, 2011 12:47 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, that Kyouko is a crazy one. Also has a thing for Chinatsu judging by Kyouko's actions. Hopefully some subs soon, so I understand it fully.
Jul 4, 2011 1:27 PM

Oct 2010
As I thought this was quite the fun that I anticipated in the PV. Other than that
Chinatsu when she was kid in the following,

was way too adorable especially as she was spying on her sister preparing tea and this way we all know her sister specialize as tea ceremony maiden. What a adorable close up of her face it was to see. I loved seeing Chinatsu the way she started to look up to Yui in the spoiler
after she said that she will protect her. What a change this was. Chinatsu is way smarter than meets the eye as she knew that Kyouko would jump at her to assault only to get Akari badly since Chinatsu offered for Akari to go first and it was so obvious from the way she made those eyes of her here that she knew already. Chinatsu is also quick at avoiding Kyouko here and it's obvious that Chinatsu was totally impressed by Yui here.

My next favorite is Kyouko in the following,

as you can see she is another girl that nose bleeds, which is uncommon considering that boys mostly get that problem in the anime. So it's nice to see another girl having that effect.
The only other thing of Kyouko are GIF1 and GIF2
in regards to why I like Kyouko.

Her forced skinship is just amazingly ecchi and perverted. Not heavy ecchi but intense. With breast groping of Yui and face rubbing on Chinatsu. Both her and Chinatsu will be fun to see interact in those ways. Kyouko was so hilarious with her key scenario towards Akari. I find her idea of the Ferris wheel here to be hilarious. Got to love her enthusiastic behavior towards the manga Akari found out along with the random magical transformation in the spoiler
to be so random yet hilarious. Kyouko's surprised face was just another good comedy factor Chinatsu came in and she is seen here as being obsessed with that manga. I was surprised how fast she was at getting that magical girl cosplay for Chinatsu to wear only to realize that everyone is gone already. It's kind of obvious that Kyouko was jealous of Yui for taking Chinatsu away from her here and that she does go crazy here for Chinatsu.

• Kyouko should have never seen the room of Akari's sister in the spoiler
    now it is confirmed for sure that Akari's sister is totally nuts for Akari to the point of yuri. Well from the looks of Kyouko's expression I am sure she will not forget nor undo what she saw. Better not have Akari's sister find out. Especially the crab panties.

• Obvious from the following spoiler
    that Kyouko has yuri tendencies already towards Yui. Pretty sure it's any girl in general. The OP shows that and furthermore she does it another time in groping Yui's breasts, another time in the spoiler
    towards a first for Chinatsu and she does it again with that forced face rub towards Chinatsu. So it's pretty much a given that she has something for Yui/Chinatsu but not as much for Akari yet.

• There is reference to that movie symbol coming in the beginning of some movies in the spoiler
    namely Ring in Japanese has that. What's interesting is what comes after that namely a fictional movie of Akari. As she wakes up and tries to get out, Akari is greeted by someone and what becomes hilarious is Akari in the spoiler
    making a umbrella become a sword and being able to time freeze. Now that is amazing power. Akari was rather very scary here with her face.

• Akari was hilarious with her class intro in the spoiler
    considering that all of the class were like “Huh!?” here. In response Akari's face was just priceless.

• It is to note that a vicious love triangle has arisen in the spoiler
    simply put Chinatsu likes Yui and Kyouko likes Chinatsu. Kind of vicious IMO. One likes the other while the other does not.

• I am curious as to what relation Kyouko has with Ayano in the spoiler
    for her to be this angry must mean something towards Kyouko. I for one want to find out what other things Kyouko may do that will tick off Ayano.
About preview, next episode looks juicy in regards to Himawari Furutani in the spoiler
lots of bouncing I see and also breast abuse by Kyouko, kind of like Tooru did to Yuuko. From the looks Himawari Furutani putting her hand in between her breasts, it could work out for that ecchi something. There shall be more Chitose x Ayano.

Elite60 said:
Wow, that Kyouko is a crazy one. Also has a thing for Chinatsu judging by Kyouko's actions. Hopefully some subs soon, so I understand it fully.
Why yes of course, that's what made the PV fun to watch. :D It will obvious be a comedy factor used to entertain.
Yumekichi11Jul 5, 2011 5:46 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 4, 2011 2:02 PM

Jan 2009
geezer said:
I also kinda expected Kyoko to sound more energetic and a little crazier but her voice is fine as it is now.

agree. I guess the voice actress should have acted a bit more actively.

I felt sorry for Akari, who is a protagonist but becomes background even from first episode... Only she is kept in ignorance of Gorakubu's good feeling relationship...
Well, I hope her sister will be affectionate to Akkareen.
Hana-keiJul 4, 2011 2:18 PM
Jul 4, 2011 7:35 PM

Sep 2008
It was good overall. Just thought it was a little rushed, but the manga chapters aren't that long, so it's natural I think. Soon the anime will go further than the chapters we have translated.

What bothers me is that I was sure Akari had a big brother, not a big sister. Or at least, here it's translated as big brother D:
Jul 5, 2011 3:52 AM
Dec 2007
Yuuh said:
It was good overall. Just thought it was a little rushed, but the manga chapters aren't that long, so it's natural I think. Soon the anime will go further than the chapters we have translated.

What bothers me is that I was sure Akari had a big brother, not a big sister. Or at least, here it's translated as big brother D:

I thought so, too...perhaps they wanted to tone down the "creepiness" a bit? (who knows, maybe they thought a girl with a sister complex is less creepy than a guy with a sister complex) Or maybe Dynasty mistranslated it, which I doubt.

I just hope that if they add some anime-only stuff, it'll be as funny as the manga gags. Dunno, there are 51 chapters atm, so it isn't impossible to animate everything without anime-only fillers if they drag some little scenes out...?

P.S.: wow, yuru yuri even released an official relationship chart xD
viMALJul 5, 2011 4:41 AM
Jul 5, 2011 5:14 AM

Mar 2010
The voice acting of the four characters seriously needs significant improvement. I know they're all rookie seiyūs, but it feels like a typical "textbook reading" (aka just reading script book out loud) to me, which adds a bit of rather unpleasant dryness to the show.

But then, even current star seiyūs like Hanazawa Kana had this same problem in the beginning of her career, so I guess I need to be a little bit patient with this show.

Jul 5, 2011 5:52 AM

Oct 2010
geezer said:
Yuuh said:
It was good overall. Just thought it was a little rushed, but the manga chapters aren't that long, so it's natural I think. Soon the anime will go further than the chapters we have translated. What bothers me is that I was sure Akari had a big brother, not a big sister. Or at least, here it's translated as big brother D:

I thought so, too...perhaps they wanted to tone down the "creepiness" a bit? (who knows, maybe they thought a girl with a sister complex is less creepy than a guy with a sister complex) Or maybe Dynasty mistranslated it, which I doubt.
Well that's interesting, should have kept the brother but I guess they are changing totally to girl yuri stuff and for that they needed to change the brother to a sister. It's done rather easily when you see the pillow has a lot lipstick kisses.
geezer said:
I just hope that if they add some anime-only stuff, it'll be as funny as the manga gags. Dunno, there are 51 chapters atm, so it isn't impossible to animate everything without anime-only fillers if they drag some little scenes out...?
51 chapters? O_O How will they animate them all? Impossible for 12 episodes. This must be at least 24 episodes.
geezer said:
Well that's interesting to see. So Ayano has a thing for Kyouko? Now that I really want to see more being developed.

Jul 5, 2011 5:57 AM
Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
51 chapters? O_O How will they animate them all? Impossible for 12 episodes. This must be at least 24 episodes.

Well the chapters are really, really short. Around 10 pages for every chapter and each page has big panels - so it isn't that much to animate, especially if you consider the fact that episode 01 already covered over 4 chapters.
Jul 5, 2011 6:13 AM

Oct 2010
geezer said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Well the chapters are really, really short. Around 10 pages for every chapter and each page has big panels - so it isn't that much to animate, especially if you consider the fact that episode 01 already covered over 4 chapters.
Oh shit! I did not know that exactly. That's nice to know so we might have in the end original anime stuff. Maybe I should read the manga, I am curious to see what else is to come up.

Jul 5, 2011 7:12 AM

Nov 2008
Ep 1 covered 4 chapters, my goodness, it'll be almost completely animated in 12 eps. This is quite a trend this Summer, Ro-Kyu-Bu has mostly orginal source and now this, Ikoku Meiro is up there as well.

Jul 5, 2011 8:03 AM

Apr 2008
Loli and yuri, I`ll deffinitly check it out XD

Jul 5, 2011 8:28 AM

Aug 2010
Meh, this one will probably disappoint me.

Jul 5, 2011 8:36 AM

Jan 2011
so far, the only interesting ones so far is
Kyouko (LOL)
and that blonde haired short haired girl who was arguing with the blue haired girl.. xD;;
no names appeared yet or so I think so meh, naming them by hair color //shot

first episode made me laugh with the boob missiles that Kyouko came up with LOL
might keep watching = u =
Jul 5, 2011 9:37 AM
Apr 2011
I kind of saw the whole forgetting about Akari thing during that scene, but it was still nice.
Jul 5, 2011 9:58 AM

Sep 2008
Wow, this is like K-ON!, done right.
Fuck, I want to see Akari's sister so bad...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2011 10:06 AM

Jun 2008
HawthorneKitty said:

LOL...NO....

Anyways.....OH MY GOD....they're so fucking CUTE!!!

Please tell me we will have awesome YURI scenes!!!
Jul 5, 2011 10:13 AM

Oct 2008
The sisters room had me in stitches, that is one room nobody deserved to see! XD
Also, loved Kyouko, she was quite funny so I might keep watching this series!!
Jul 5, 2011 10:19 AM

Jul 2010
Kyoko ftw.
geezer said:

LOL @ Akari presence.

HawthorneKitty said:

No.. its not. if you mean 4 girls talking then K-ON is cliched.
Jul 5, 2011 10:19 AM

Nov 2008
Jellyfish said:
The sisters room had me in stitches, that is one room nobody deserved to see! XD

That was creepy, having your friend's picture on everything under the sun including yuri magazines will really give anyone even perverts the heebie jeebies.

Jul 5, 2011 11:16 AM

Feb 2008
Cute girls doing cute things #4587.

I like it.
Jul 5, 2011 11:31 AM

Oct 2007
Cute girls doing cute things, Ranked #4990.

A little better now? LOL

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 5, 2011 11:48 AM

Oct 2010
at first, i wasn't even sure to watch this anime, but then, i just gave it a try... and i love it so far!!! The artwork is really cute, and i just love the jokes, so far, its 5/5!!! Nobody can resists the cuteness!!! XD
Jul 5, 2011 12:01 PM

Feb 2010
Interesting, certainly entertaining.
Glad this hasn't become another "A-Channel".
Jul 5, 2011 12:37 PM

Apr 2010
In the first few minutes i thought this would be just another pointless moeblob till Kyouko entered the room of Akari's big sister which was definitely the part which kept me watching.
And i have to say that after that it greatly improved tho i have been wondering who Akari's sister is, guess we will see her next time.

Kyouko is certainly the one that stands out the most of her group and she has some very weird obsessions from the looks of it.

Just for confirmation that only male i saw was during the move to boost Akari's presence in the truck and i am not even sure if he was male.

Hoppy said:
Jellyfish said:

That was creepy, having your friend's picture on everything under the sun including yuri magazines will really give anyone even perverts the heebie jeebies.
Must be you because the only thing that scene made me do was laugh it was such a funny scene.
Maybe i have just seen to much creepy stuff in my life.
AversaJul 5, 2011 1:00 PM
Jul 5, 2011 12:57 PM

Feb 2011
This was way more enjoyable then I thought it would be. I really lol'd at the ferris wheel and 'movie' part. Already thrown some mystery parts in the mix made it also more interesting to watch further. Solid 4/5 for this episode!
Jul 5, 2011 1:30 PM

Dec 2009
First new anime of the summer season which caught my interest^^

Kyouko is funny =)
yuno6.jpg
Jul 5, 2011 1:57 PM

Aug 2010
HawthorneKitty said:

I agree with you 100%

This episode was hilarious.
Jul 5, 2011 2:38 PM

Mar 2011
this reminds me of A-Channel... but less boring. I'll give it a few more episodes.
Jul 5, 2011 2:49 PM

Apr 2010
So, who else sniffed out the lesbian within the first five minutes? XD

(The main one anyway...)

This show is gonna be good, I hope. It reminded me a lot of Hidamari Sketch for some reason. It's basically just another Moe Blob show so it won't be the best this season or anything.. but it still seems funny. Worth the watch.

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Jul 5, 2011 2:50 PM

Jun 2008
HawthorneKitty said:

No, K-ON is K-ON done right. /awaits flames
I didn't actually think this was much like K-ON, personally. I liked it, I just don't see the similarities other than that it's about four girls in a club. The humour and atmosphere was really different imo.

Liked this more than I expected to (and I knew I'd like it anyway), had me in stitches when they lampshaded Akari's lack of presence. "There's a spare pudding cup!" was probably my favourite part of the episode. Will keep watching. :3
Jul 5, 2011 3:03 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm it's like Minami-ke (well; obviously, it's the same director) meets K-On (funnier and more fast-paced). Hmmm Ok, I'll watch some more, even if the first episode didn't convince me, at least there are some interesting characters.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 5, 2011 3:04 PM

May 2011
HawthorneKitty said:

No K-ON is K-On done right.
This was an ok episode. They need to have an appearence of Akari's sister.
Jul 5, 2011 3:40 PM

Oct 2009
YURI YURA RA RA RA YURU YURI

Oh man, I've been excited for this show since it was announced. The manga is really funny. Plus, even though it's not a real yuri show, it's nice to have at least something after so long. I think the last true yuri was Sasameki Koto in Fall '09. ;_;

Akari better enjoy being the "main" girl now before they introduce Chinatsu, and Akari is reduced to the "girl who's redeeming characteristic is having no redeeming characterstics".

LOL it didn't even take until the end of the episode for my favorite joke to happen. Poor Akari. Although I do agree it would have been better if they used the joke a few more episodes in.

I thought Kyouko's seiyuu didn't really fit her too. I guess I was expecting something with more energy, like Satomi Satou's performance of Ritsu from K-ON!

Good first episode, looking forward to the rest.
Jul 5, 2011 3:52 PM

Mar 2011
I definitely won't stop at this episode, because I'm quite curious about the sister.
Jul 5, 2011 5:18 PM

May 2010
Thought I'd be getting more crap like A Channel with this show, but I certainly miss judged. It's pretty funny and entertaining.

Can't wait to see Akari's sister. I hope we do get to.
Jul 5, 2011 5:32 PM

Sep 2010
Some good aspects, some bad aspects. I believe I can say the good outweighed the bad. I'll say I like it.
Jul 5, 2011 5:44 PM

Jan 2008
Homura_Nyan said:
HawthorneKitty said:

No, K-ON is K-On done right.

- I like the OP/ED.
- Oh wow, Akari's sister is into incest it seems. lol
- Poor Akari. I remembered you! <3
Jul 5, 2011 6:10 PM

Apr 2011
I really liked this first episode!!

I will surely watch the whole season!

4/5
Jul 5, 2011 6:26 PM

Nov 2009
This had the potential to be really squicky, but mercifully I thought it avoided that aspect pretty well for the most part (older sister's room excepted, I'd rather that gag be forgotten asap), but it also could have been a lot funnier than it was. I thought there were only two laugh out loud moments in the first episode - Akari's class introduction speech and the cutaway gag where she pulled the sword out of the umbrella rack. I think if you're going to have a character whose one gag is that she's a lesbian, she'd better be a psychotic rampaging teleporting lesbian who receives electric shocks on a daily basis.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Jul 5, 2011 6:52 PM

Jun 2008
Homura_Nyan said:

Smochi said:

Gotta love how people came to the defense of K-ON!

To be honest.....there should be NO comparison to K-ON!, this anime is not even remotely close to K-ON!, nor will it have the popularity or views that K-ON! had.

This is nothing new, every season there are about 1-2 anime that feature 4 Cute School girls doing cute things.

So, let's just end it right now, no need to have K-ON! Haters and K-ON! Fans start a war over something stupid.
Jul 5, 2011 7:12 PM

Jan 2011
i had my doubts because i thought it was just gonna be some light hearted show but it turned out alot better then i thought it would had, after seeing Akari's sisters room i knew there was gonna be some laughs to be had which there was and that meta moment was great i kind felt bad that i noticed Akaris barely had any presence after chinatsu joined haha.
Jul 5, 2011 7:16 PM

Nov 2009
Though I told myself I won't watch this with out Maria Holic I need my weekly dose of yuri anime.
Jul 5, 2011 7:19 PM
Jan 2011
This will be the anime that made me disappointed again.
because I prefer anime that has a main character that stands out.
maybe k-on is the best for me
for this anime 2/5
Jul 5, 2011 7:40 PM

Oct 2010
alexcampos said:
HawthorneKitty said:

LOL...NO....
He is right though. K-ON was missing the fan service and this does the job besides a lot are thinking K-ON style a lot.
alexcampos said:
Please tell me we will have awesome YURI scenes!!!
We already had with the breast groping as for the kiss, nothing yet.
Meronpan_Chan said:
So, who else sniffed out the lesbian within the first five minutes? XD
Obviously ME!
Jacut said:
Hmmm it's like Minami-ke (well; obviously, it's the same director)
Now that's interesting! If you looks at the OP below

it does make sense that like Minami-ke I was overjoyed at the OP's pace and effect on me.
In fact Minami-ke OP from season 1 and 2 always gave me the "Oh joy joy joy!" from Ren and Stimpy cartoons.

Jul 5, 2011 7:45 PM

Jul 2010
alexcampos said:
Homura_Nyan said:

Smochi said:

Gotta love how people came to the defense of K-ON!
To be honest.....there should be NO comparison to K-ON!, this anime is not even remotely close to K-ON!.

Actually what i wonder is why people compare every 4 girl anime to K-ON!.. when K-ON! is not the first one to came up with this awesome story concept. if you want to compare then do with azumanga daioh, ichigo mashimaro,, hidamari sketch, minami-ke or at-least lucky star.. or i think people who complain have not watched anything but K-ON!.
Jul 5, 2011 7:55 PM

Jul 2010
That was a good episode. Hilarious too!
Jul 5, 2011 8:10 PM

Nov 2009
SUCH A GOOD SHOW...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Jul 25, 2011

99 by oDaw1 »»
May 8, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viMAL - Sep 19, 2011

210 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 10, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 29, 2011

77 by -ODA- »»
Feb 8, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 5, 2011

115 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 12, 2011

130 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.