Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 29, 2011 2:10 AM

Sep 2008
... where was my Tooru x Ohana's mom scene?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2011 4:56 AM

Sep 2010
The Grandmother-Mother-Daughter bonding was great. 5/5
Jun 29, 2011 6:04 AM

Jun 2008
This episode really felt like an ending episode. I had to check the episode number again to make sure lol. It really wouldn't be a bad place to stop really.

Orulyon said:

she matured but its just not enough. she has a long long way to go. on the previous eps, the talk she had on the phone with Ko was simply ridiculous. Confusing and not bothering to explain anything at all and ended up not giving him a reply but at the same time confusing everything by telling him" not to go". Which mean due to that we will probably never see Ko trying to go to Kissuiso again.
i wonder when she will have a decent talk with Ko. she is letting time passing by and obviously, Ko wont wait forever. If she already made her decision to not go to Tokyo, at least she should free herself from Ko properly, not "letting him go" but without clearly saying that to him.

Hahaha! I find the whole thing kind of funny because i get the same problem with girls sometimes. I'm a straightforward person and i usually say where am coming from but sometimes women are very confusing on how they meant something you are supposed to understand. Especially with e-mail and phones am confused as hell.
I'm like:"Wait what did she meant with that, so what is the situation now? AAAA! why don't they just speak more clearly and straight!!! I DON'T GET THIS STAFF!!"
Yeah, women. Driving you crazy since ever.
I bet Ko is a little bit at the same place right now. Wondering if she meant goodbye or something else and staff like that. Making speculations with his mind since he has no idea what her speeches actually meant. His probably a bit confused.

So in the end Ohana's mother admitted she was wrong? So will she fix the article? Giving them just a hand memo is hardly making-up for the damage she caused them.
Btw she really is a hot woman and i kind of like her craziness.

Jolon said:

Ohana's uncle always gets the short end of the stick. I really feel bad for the guy- he comes off as a born loser, and the way his family treats him doesn't help.

The guy really is left out. I guess being the only male in the family creates that a little but the biggest thing really is that loser mentality he seems to have on him. He seems to have left his mother and his sister push him around and lost all manliness points.
Jun 29, 2011 6:06 PM

Apr 2011
Really great episode!!

Ohana x Toru is the only option now...

5/5
Jun 29, 2011 11:03 PM

Oct 2010
Nice family bonding moment near the end, did not expect that.

That manager guy is Ohana's uncle? :|
Jul 1, 2011 4:34 AM

Jan 2010
That was great. Loved the scene with the three of them drinking.

This show is very relaxing.
Jul 1, 2011 5:52 PM

Nov 2008
I actually thought it was great the way they handled Ohana and Kou, b/c first loves rarely work out, especially in this case when their far apart from each other. Maybe they will meet again and maybe not, but I really hope she moves on. Anyways her grandma's slap was the best I've seen. I hope for a Tohru and Ohana ending... who knows maybe it'll happen.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 1, 2011 11:54 PM

Jul 2010
Nice episode. Felt like a real season finale episode. Beach time now!
Jul 2, 2011 5:12 AM

May 2010
mindflayer said:
Nice family bonding moment near the end, did not expect that.

That manager guy is Ohana's uncle? :|[/quote

it was told in probably 1st or 2nd episode.Didn't he called her mother by saying nee-san(sister).
Jul 2, 2011 10:15 AM

Jan 2010
Ah, finally caught up with the episodes. Can't wait for Ohana/Tohru!
Jul 2, 2011 1:51 PM

Sep 2010
The three being drunk was funny, and of course the slaps.
And it seems like Ohana has given up on Kou-chan. The sadness...
Jul 2, 2011 4:38 PM

Jun 2009
Why do I feel like we're not going to see Ko anymore? I was really hoping he will come to Kissuiso someday and stay, but I guess not. And nice to see Ohana's mom and her grandma getting along with each other.

Jul 3, 2011 2:57 AM

Jan 2011
Ovindel said:
The three being drunk was funny, and of course the slaps.
And it seems like Ohana has given up on Kou-chan. The sadness...

No, she specifically said she hadn't given up.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Jul 3, 2011 10:53 AM

May 2010
Hmm, what will she do now...

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jul 4, 2011 12:17 AM
Jul 2010
zetsuboSensei said:
The Grandmother-Mother-Daughter bonding was great. 5/5
Jul 4, 2011 7:31 AM

Nov 2009
Grandma Slap...o_0

Jul 4, 2011 1:21 PM

Aug 2010
For the 'Ohana drunk from juice' thing, I think this is a 'can't show on TV' incident again. The Plot required her to be drunk but showing a drunk Underaged girl is a big NO NO, so they did it like this. Just my 2 cents though.

Also, I doubt Ohana's Mother will redo the article in the magazine, mainly because she wrote exactly what she was paid for: something bad. She never was to write her personal opinion in the first place.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 5, 2011 5:48 AM

May 2008
Epic slapservice xD
Seems like the first story arc is over. I'm really curious how will this continue~
Jul 5, 2011 2:07 PM

Jul 2009
Loved this episode! :D Grandma / mom / Ohana bonding was awesome! XD Loved Ohana and Okami discussing their "customer" and getting drunk off juice and Ko and everything! Plus lol @ Satsuki as a teenager, making her brother do her homework and whatever. Awesome! :3
Next episode is obligatory swimsuit / beach XD Sounds like someone is asking someone out ... oh my! Plus Yuina, yay! :P
Jul 6, 2011 10:00 AM

Jan 2010
Orulyon said:
wait...isnt something wrong here? it was her who dumped Ko, not Ko who dumped her! grrr, im really starting to dislike Ohana, i hope she can mature a bit more in latter eps. and getting drunk with soda, man, is she is a 5 year old kid?.

I feel like it was a goodbye for Ko. but still i hope to see him more, the guy is adorable*.*

the best of the ep was Okaami-san slaps. those slaps were so epic, i wish i could make a animated gif of them XD

and Tohru was ♥ as always~

100% agree with you! Ohana is the one who ignore his confession right? she's just too slow to realize, but, I hope she will end up with Ko!
Jul 6, 2011 8:49 PM
Sep 2009
lol, he deserves grandma's slap. The moment he said that, I really want to slap him myself aswell.
Jul 7, 2011 3:26 AM

Aug 2010
I wonder if Ko knows that he dumped Ohana. I'm getting a bit irritated by her...Anyway, it was nice seeing the family together having a good time. 4/5.
Mogami-kunJul 7, 2011 4:41 AM
Jul 8, 2011 10:57 AM

Jun 2009
Loved the family reunion. Glad to hear that Ohana likes Koichi.
Jul 8, 2011 10:58 AM
Jul 2007
i really enjoyed this one.
Jul 9, 2011 6:53 AM
Oct 2010
I wonder why Ohana's mother changed during years. ; n ;
Jul 9, 2011 8:06 AM
Jul 2007
OtakuronZ said:

Well I mean Ohana's grandmother is not the easiest person to live with. I mean Ohana's mom did not have a mom, she had a boss, who was the hotel owner. So that's got to be tough to live with.
Jul 9, 2011 1:43 PM
Oct 2010
kaleidostar1187 said:
OtakuronZ said:

Well I mean Ohana's grandmother is not the easiest person to live with. I mean Ohana's mom did not have a mom, she had a boss, who was the hotel owner. So that's got to be tough to live with.

You're right about Grandma's being strict and stuff, but does that mean Ohana's mom had to change. I mean, come on, she was an independent and strong girl when she was about Ohana's age but now she's just... Pfffft.
Jul 10, 2011 11:12 PM

Sep 2009
I really didn't like this episode, I thought Ohana was ok in the beginning of the series but more and more she's just doing shit that doesn't make any sense. I don't understand her coming to the conclusion that he dumped her just from him saying "ja ne", I don't like how suddenly grandma and the mom start bonding out of nowhere despite hating each other forever, and I thought it was particularly stupid how Ohana got drunk off of soda just so she could have a frank talk. That's just ass storytelling.

Also was this episode supposed to convince me that her mom is a good person despite her faults, or that work is the fucking most important thing in the world? If it was it failed horribly. Ohana is just getting more and more frustrating to listen to, and I hope someone slaps some common sense into her or something to redeem the series.
PfhorJul 10, 2011 11:15 PM
Jul 14, 2011 3:57 AM

Aug 2009
Poor Enishi, that continuous slapping is surely painful. xD

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jul 15, 2011 8:00 PM

Apr 2009
Like a storm over Kissuiso, Ohana's mother comes and goes. Family bonding episode, to my relief there was much less drama than expected. Now I know why Ohana used to mix tea with soda, soda is her absolute weakness, heh.

Next episode seems to be one those "mandatory beach episodes", huh. We're finally halfway through the show.
Jul 19, 2011 8:52 AM

Jan 2008
This series is awesome. I did feel bad for Ko as he is so nice and considerate. I'm not sure what is going to happen at this point but I wish for something to happen between Tooru and Ohana, though it is very likely it might not happen.

After watching a lot of anime and such relationships, I do think there's a chance for Minko to have Tooru if Ohana rejected him. This happens a lot in anime. He might realize late that she had always cared for him. I don't want this to happen, though. :( I am all for Tooru and Ohana.
Jul 23, 2011 6:18 PM

Apr 2011
HatsumiShinogu said:
This series is awesome. I did feel bad for Ko as he is so nice and considerate. I'm not sure what is going to happen at this point but I wish for something to happen between Tooru and Ohana, though it is very likely it might not happen.

After watching a lot of anime and such relationships, I do think there's a chance for Minko to have Tooru if Ohana rejected him. This happens a lot in anime. He might realize late that she had always cared for him. I don't want this to happen, though. :( I am all for Tooru and Ohana.

Tooru a little dense himself, not noticing Minko has feeling for him. Ohana knows this, so she won't develop any strong feeling for Tooru. Tooru you Pedophile!!!!

Ohana, hope she later on confess to Ko (like her grandma), it be dramatic if Ko gets with that other girl and Ohana steals him XD
Aug 4, 2011 2:29 PM

Aug 2008
One of my fave episodes. It's really heartwarming to see the family getting along, bonding over alcohol and listening to Ohana's drunken woes. It was bittersweet when the guy piggybacked his mum back to her room and commented that she was really light. ;_;

And I thought it was quite sad when Ohana said goodbye to Ko. Has she decided to give up on him? :/
darkerealmAug 4, 2011 2:32 PM
Oct 23, 2011 12:11 AM
Oct 2011
Great. Now I keep wanting to randomly yell "FEST IT UP MOFO!"
Nov 10, 2011 5:01 PM

Jul 2010
Sweet.. I don't think she's gotten over Ko-chan. She's just acknowledging a new chapter in her life and prepared to face differences in her and his lives. It's really beautiful if you ask me :)

I don't like Minko still.. She's nice, but her voice is annoying sometimes :) xD

Hmm. Next episode looks like a funny filler. Well-placed though; a little break from the drama :)

FEST IT UP EVERYONE! I'm gonna yell that at lunch on Monday :)
Nov 28, 2011 6:03 PM

Oct 2009
I don't know how to feel about Ohana's haha, I guess I don't particularly dislike her though I'm not too fond of her either.

Getting over Ko? Hmm.

I SAW POLKA DOTS IN THE PREVIEW LOLOL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2011 10:29 AM

Apr 2007
Beautiful episode~ I really liked the family bonding at the end. Felt a bit bad for the brother/uncle though. Poor guy :[
Dec 13, 2011 9:48 AM

Jun 2011
And there I thought it was Satsuki that will be slapped, instead her brother get it. Ohana drunk scene is very cute~ I still can believe someone can drunk just by drinking juice...She's also finally let go of Kou, ready to face new page of her life =)

Next will be a beach scene??
Dec 21, 2011 9:17 PM
Nov 2011
The Grandma smacking around her son like that, ROFLLMAO, but I couldn't help feel that the door between her and Ohana's mom has been cracked a little.

A very touching if not difficult episode to behold. I cried for Ohana in this one.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Feb 28, 2012 3:37 AM

Nov 2010
3 generations finding themselves again.
The slaps from Grandma were hilarious
Apr 23, 2012 10:50 AM

Nov 2011
Every episode of this anime is so awesome! I feel so attached to the characters! =D

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 29, 2012 9:23 PM

Feb 2011
God am I loving this anime. I'd marathon it for the rest of the night, but I have a mountain of homework and two midterms this week @.@.
May 6, 2012 11:35 PM

Mar 2009
Cirris said:

It was charming to see the family together. Especially in the evening drinks scene.

Ohana

Ohana coming to realizations stuck me as the most important thing to come about in this episode. She finally says she loves Ko. It's an important revelation for her. However, it comes at a price. She also loves her life at Kissiuso. The only thing left to figure out is if she can have both or will she have to let Ko go. The longer she waits the more I feel the decision might be made for her. Ko has been a patient wonderful guy. However, he has a breaking point and a girl who already cares deeply for him.

Satsuki

Satsuki also came to some realizations of her own. Maybe she realized that her opinions of Kissiuso were based on her desire to leave there when she was younger. The mundane familiarity of her being there all her life may have clouding he journalistic objectivity. She did write a nice letter at the end to Ohana which seemed to serve as an I'm sorry for my actions and retraction to her original review. Hopefully this would have been placed in the magazine as well. But I have a feeling the editors who are being paid off won't allow it.

Satsuki really redeemed herself in this episode. Though i think she still did wrong by Ohana in some ways, she does seem to have a charming personality that makes it easy to forgive her complete screwups. She really gave Nakochi a wonderful impression. It was nice to see Nakochi glowing when talkign about her.

Okami Shijima

I finally understand why Okami, Grandma, was so spiteful towards Satsuki saying "she doesn't mean cats and dogs to me" when talking to Ohana for the first time. Her dreams were for the Shijima family to run Kissiuso together. Satsuki didn't want this. It was more of a classic "parent's wishes vs child's dreams" scenario. Okami's desires being unfulfilled left a resentment towards Satsuki that may have placed a burden on Ohana when she first came there. Ohana's love of Kissiuso must warm Okami's heart. Although her wish didn't come true all hope wasn't lost as her granddaughter wishes to remain there. Ohana confirmed this in her drunken stupor.

Enishi Shijima / young master

The scene where Okami bitchslaps her Enishi was hilarious. Enishi running to that retard consultant for everything was getting old. He needed to be told. But, I finally understood the reasoning for Okami tolerating it for so long. Her son was always treated like the outcast of the family. Used and abused seems to be his way of life. You can't help but feel sorry for him after this episode when you see the flashback scenes with him and his sister and also him talking to Tohru. I think Okami also tolerated his pathetic attempts at courting the consultant chick because she understood his desire for something tangible to call his own.

Shrine steps finale scene

The last scene seemed semi redundant. It really just reiterated that her place now is at Kissiuso. That she plans to stay there for some time and maybe even fulfill Okami Shijima's wish of a family run business. It was almost like it was replaying the dreaming shrine scene all over again.

It seems worth repeating. Ohana finally admits that she loves Ko. But is it meant to be? Or, does loving someone mean that you have to let them go?

Ohana saying "see ya" seemed like it might be the end for all hope of a Ko x Ohana ship. But I just got this gut feeling that it'll be back. Ohana didn't tell Ko "no" properly. It may be the thing that keeps the hope alive that we'll see them together again at some point, Or at least give us some more Ko screen time as the response I finally played out.

Very well said. My sentiments exactly on all points.

Probably the most enjoyable episode for me, especially seeing the family (minus the young master) having a drink together. Satsuki did have a nice (but very brief) exchange with her younger brother too when he had to come carry out drunken Okami.

Satsuki also had some good insight into improvements that could be made at the inn. Just maybe she could help run the place after all (?)

I have respect for Beanman. Of the entire staff, he was the one who spoke what needed to be said, that Satsuki is a very important customer and needs to be treated as such.
May 22, 2012 8:10 PM

Feb 2012
The family was great, I loved the flashbacks on Satsuki.
Oct 15, 2012 3:04 PM

Apr 2012
Loved this episode! I wish we'd see more of Satsuki; she's such an interesting character, and her personality really spices things up!

almost a yuri kiss there but we all know Satsuki is such a tease.
That was what I was thinking too, but it did seem a bit too good to be true; which it was, sadly.
Well, one can always use one's imagination, right? Nako came out, blushing and going on about "how wonderful a person" Satsuki is and the good 'advice' she gave her ;)
cladinpinkMar 26, 2013 6:07 AM
Nov 23, 2012 5:45 AM

May 2012
Just a fantastic episode, it was just so nice to see them all act like a family for once! Really great episode with some awesome scenes!

Also the ED we get a little recap of what happened the first couple episodes!
Mar 25, 2013 8:58 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
Knew there wouldn't be a romantic relationship with Kou and Ohana.
Apr 19, 2013 10:46 AM

Nov 2011
Closing arc wonderful, fabulous storytelling and Ohana also becomes a formidable character at the end of the episode, well characterized. Plot more interesting, I'm liking the series from all points of view, a discovery! Top marks!

5/5
Jul 3, 2013 8:33 PM

Nov 2012
nice nice nice.. dramatic episode again XD

I like when seeing ohana get drunk she is so cute XD
ah...
that "slap" scene XD

and... next episode is gonna be awesome too! XDDDD beach TIME! XD
Nov 7, 2013 5:34 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Satsuki is a force of nature like Ohana. Love her. The scene with the 2 of them and the manager was great.

This series is much better without all the Ko/Ohana situation. That's just your standard emo high school romance. All the stuff that happens at Kissuiso is much more interesting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.