Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2011 12:25 AM

Dec 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
OH MY GOD MY MIND IS FULL OF FUCK

MC = Kira
The girl sees him as a Josuke.

Maybe Kira reincarnated into Josuke?
Jun 21, 2011 10:49 AM

Feb 2009
notsureifsrs said:
OH MY GOD MY MIND IS FULL OF FUCK

That's exactly how I feel about Jojolion.
I still don't believe Yoshikage Kira is his real name.
And looks like there will soon be a stand fight with Joshuu.
Jun 24, 2011 10:26 PM

Apr 2008
Kira?!

And thats alot of sailor suits...
Jun 25, 2011 1:49 AM
Jan 2010
Have you ever felt like your life was amazing while reading a manga?

That's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for me.
Jun 26, 2011 6:39 AM
Aug 2010
mihoo said:

Same for me. Same for me...
Jul 14, 2011 10:30 PM

Dec 2010
I refuse to believe that Kira is his name.

Just... ARRRGGHHH.
Oh yes.
Jul 16, 2011 3:28 AM

Feb 2009
BB_Slider said:
I refuse to believe that Kira is his name.

In the May issue of Utra Jump there was a poster where he was called "brand new JOJO".
So it may turn out that Kira isn't his real name. Of course if he isn't called JoJo because of the nickname Yasuho gave him.
Jul 16, 2011 12:56 PM
Aug 2010
Well he could be like... YoJo if they take it from Yoshikage and Josuke.

Also I really think that the theory thestarwriters on YouTube came up with about villains truly being the heroes of this arc based on the music references might be true.
Feb 18, 2016 4:18 PM

Nov 2012
Not sure if Kira or Josuke.
May 30, 2016 6:35 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
So is he the alternate Kira or the alternate Josuke... man, too many mindf*cks here!
Aug 8, 2017 8:49 PM

Dec 2015
Rade-chan said:

Also I really think that the theory thestarwriters on YouTube came up with about villains truly being the heroes of this arc based on the music references might be true.

You haven't been online in 5 years, this thread itself is so old and I'll probably find out if I keep reading since there's been like 60 chapters released but I'll try anyway:

That youtube video you mentioned sounded really interesting but I can't find that user anywhere.
Some other jojo video makes reference to how "thestarwriters" bought them some Jojo copy but I can't find the account itself.

Do you know anything about it?
The connection between the musical references and that hero/vilain theme seems like something I'd love to hear more on (out of sheer curiousity)
Aug 27, 2017 6:40 PM
Aug 2017
Jacksnapp said:
Rade-chan said:

You haven't been online in 5 years, this thread itself is so old and I'll probably find out if I keep reading since there's been like 60 chapters released but I'll try anyway:

That youtube video you mentioned sounded really interesting but I can't find that user anywhere.
Some other jojo video makes reference to how "thestarwriters" bought them some Jojo copy but I can't find the account itself.

Do you know anything about it?
The connection between the musical references and that hero/vilain theme seems like something I'd love to hear more on (out of sheer curiousity)

Hey there, this is thestarwriters. The theory in question was regarding songs I predicted from before the first chapter, namely David Bowie's album Heroes, Joe the Lion, and Pink FLoyd's The Wall, Under Pressure by Queen and Bowie (why he sleeps under mattress). I also predicted that there would be a theme of Royalty through this which is also true and that Lady Gaga would be a reference from the 2nd chapter among many other things. The theory I made exploded when people realized in chapter 2 that the main Jojo in part is related to KIRA! I found these by studying music references, and putting together facts from SBR, other than that it is difficult of to explain, hope you understand. There was a manga reviewer on YouTube I helped share with him some scans so he could read and review them, and also another who I helped with a Jojo mugen compilation before ASB was announced. I can't find my old videos but had over 1 million views and many dozens of videos, I don't have them anymore but someone reuploaded the one I made for Iggy and Petshop with the song GO WEST originally by the village people, you can find it in youtube pretty easy.

If anyone else has any of the videos I made, PLEASE share them again, even I have lost them! Some where pretty cool too , like the Man in the Mirror and the Baby Face video How Come How Long? Come Together and the opening of Battle Tendency, and The ending of Phantom Blood with all the Fools Sailed Away, and The first encounter with Dio at the end of part 3 with Sacred Heart were some I made, and the list goes on an on. Among others, the Wekapipo one was viewed a lot, I have seen some others try to make similar videos, but they are simply not the same. It would take an awfully long time to explain all the findings but I hope this shed some insight. I have been quite busy studying the New Testament after being born again as a believer in Jesus Christ so please forgive me for my lack of service to Jojo, I did after all place 20th in the Jojoroyale and technically placed #1 non Japanese fan, but no one seems to care, so neither do I. I still read Jojolion however. Take care and may God bless you with wisdom!
thestarwritersAug 27, 2017 6:53 PM
Nov 27, 2017 3:21 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, his name is Yoshikage Kira.
Interesting so far.
Mar 17, 2018 7:28 PM

Oct 2016
I have a mindf*ck in this chapter. O M G Yoshikage Kira...
May 23, 2018 4:32 PM

Jul 2017
YOOOOO the MC is alternative Yoshikage Kira with a nickname of Josuke.

Another bizarre adventure awaits!
Mar 15, 2019 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
Fascinating. I really love how Part 8, like Part 7, is much more plot-heavy than just characters fighting. Don't get me wrong, I love Jojo, and I absolutely love the fights in Jojo, but when there's only fighting, it gets tiring.
I'm really curious of why there will be fights in Part 8. Previous parts of Jojo had fights because the characters' interests conflicted with each other. But Part 8 simply seems to be about a guy trying to learn who he is. Why would characters fight because of that?

Rade-chan said:
mihoo said:

Same for me. Same for me...

Watching/reading Jojo makes me feel like a kid again.
Mar 25, 2019 7:42 AM

Jun 2009
There are Gyro's, Johnny's and Jotaro's hats/caps on display in the "SBR" shop. Didn't notice that on my first read.
Jul 18, 2019 12:15 PM

Aug 2017
We're only 2 chapters in, but I already love this duo. By the way, Tsutsuji gaoka is a real place in Sendai (which Morioh is based on). Nice!
Aug 6, 2020 4:57 PM

Oct 2013
Main character's name is Yoshikage Kira who is called by his nickname as "Josuke" and got a boner. Oh my, oh my! So many references. xD This Part started marvelously, haha.
Sep 8, 2020 4:39 AM

Mar 2020
KIRA?? Wait what the fuck is going on lol aint no way we about to get alternate universe Kira as our new MC
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Oct 21, 2020 8:42 AM

Apr 2020
Welp! I already have gotten spoiled about his ACTUAL name and his balls.
At least it was not a big spoiler.
--AbiSa--
Jan 18, 2021 10:28 AM
Dec 2020
So the main character is Yoshikage Kira, but is nicknamed Josuke? Normally there's not as much mystery so early on, but I'm loving it
Aug 3, 2021 4:22 AM

Oct 2012
I like how this part feels like a mystery story. Truly something the series didn't have before. There is no way he's actually called Kira Yoshikage given the star mark on his back. It's just the name he gave the hat guy anyway, could be a fake one. Especially since there seems to be somebody in the house oO

The protagonist is super weird. He remembers basic knowledge, but he doesn't know how to use a bed and he can measure everything just by looking at it. Wonder if that's just a natural ability of him or due to his stand. The stand ability itself seems pretty neat to. "Taking away something" can be used in lots of ways I feel like. Can't wait to see what Araki does with that.
Aug 19, 2021 5:21 PM

Aug 2012
And the appeal of borrowing so many elements from Diamond is Unbreakable becomes immediately apparent here, the entire sense of dramatic tension here is reliant on us knowing Part 4. Granted, Kira is a pretty dark coded name already, but the context of DiU makes this chapter work so much stronger.

Jo2uke was characterized more strongly here, like the note of him sleeping under the mattress. Can't say I can much about his measurement quirk, but having this sort of peculiarity to his personality definitely makes him stand out more. Find his dynamic with Yasuho entertaining too, especially the bit about the spare key.
Aug 25, 2021 4:48 AM

Nov 2020
Kira?????? Wow didn't expect that... Girl sees him like a Josuke, am curious what is the story behind that but i still can't believe his name is Kira Yoshikage wow!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jun 24, 2022 12:17 AM

Sep 2020
So his actual name is Kira, nice revelation
Sep 15, 2022 10:52 AM
Feb 2022
four balls ffffffffffff
Oct 16, 2022 5:41 AM

Jul 2020
there's too much self theory to consider about this. truly bizarre indeed
Apr 23, 2023 12:45 AM

Dec 2020
Jotaro's, Emporio's and Gyro's hats in that shop!

Anyway, his name is Kira...huh.
May 26, 2023 5:55 PM
May 2023
eu achei a parte oito bem interesante , mas nada tão bom para eu continuar lendo
Jul 29, 2023 7:12 AM
Aug 2022
fun as shit not gonna lie
Jul 29, 2023 3:20 PM

Oct 2022
Easily the most explosive and engrossing start to a part yet, instantly hooked on this and love the mystery plot.
Oct 7, 2023 6:49 AM
Apr 2020
Woah Kira? Interesting... his ability seems pretty damn cool too
Oct 16, 2023 12:40 PM
Jan 2023
It was good but the writing compared to sbr is worse imo

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 33 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2014

31 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 27 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Dec 19, 2013

22 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.