Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 1, 2011 8:40 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Oh yeah, it was just a misunderstanding as expected! :)
nice episode, but it is still not as great as the first one

Yeahhh, Kou-chan plans to go to ohana's place :P
KuriniMay 1, 2011 8:45 AM
May 1, 2011 8:55 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah, just a misunderstanding, no surprises there.
I love this anime and I liked the episode, but Minko's attitude and her infatuation with Tohru are becoming increasingly annoying. Well, she has started to show some improvement in the relation with Ohana; guess that's something.
4/5 from me this week.
May 1, 2011 9:02 AM

Jul 2010
felt a foreboding of a triangle or quadrangle situation

5/5
May 1, 2011 9:14 AM

Oct 2010

Ah, were those brochures he fell asleep on something to do with that? I only caught a glimpse of one with a grey herron near a riverbank

Yuina nonchalantly commenting on the commotion at the entrance while getting a massage, and now a second fake accent was great :P Haruka Tomatsu is awesome.
May 1, 2011 9:16 AM

Aug 2009
Though this episode really didn't go to the heights I was hoping, it was still good. I have a feeling they are saving the really high drama for the second half of the series, if they get to it too quickly then the story will loose its flavour.

Tooru like much of the cast just wants to be needed, for him he wants to be needed by Ren, Minko wants to be needed by Tooru, Ohana wants to be needed in general but especially by Minko and Nako.

Minko is now softening up to Ohana, the grandma showed a sense of humour and Jiroumo makes me dislike him even more.

The next episode feels like another standard episode, nothing revolutionary, but something interesting.
gracenote said:
Ah, were those brochures he fell asleep on something to do with that? I only caught a glimpse of one with a grey herron near a riverbank

Yuina nonchalantly commenting on the commotion at the entrance while getting a massage, and now a second fake accent was great :P Haruka Tomatsu is awesome.
Ahh! I forgot to mention Ko, he seems like he'll somehow break into the main cast, at least temporarily. Also Ohana sent a message! And I have come to really like Yuina, though I hope there's something behind her character, just like everyone else hopefully has skeletons in the closet.

And Tooru seems to like Ohana now! He must have really been touched by her desperation to get him back. That's cool.
desolatoMay 1, 2011 2:05 PM
May 1, 2011 10:32 AM
Aug 2009
i feel a vibe going with Ohana and Tohru, he seemed happy that she came for him, and in the third or second episodes i not sure which one. Asking her to help was just a excuse to have a one on one talk with he, and spend time away from everyone at the hotel.
May 1, 2011 10:37 AM

Dec 2009
AHAHA Run Ohana Run :O
Love that Grey Herron, making Ohana run. xD
Man I just love love this anime, one of the best this season. <33
Anyway
I also agree that Ohana and Tohru sort of have a vibe going on, I'm not only one yay!
And woot Ko might visit Ohana yay!!
May 1, 2011 10:57 AM

Mar 2011
Pretty good episode. geez, Ohana expresses herself a lot!
Hah everyone got all worked up over a misunderstanding :P
Minchi iss too cuteee :3 I wonder what nickname she'll give Ohana?
Looking forward to episode 6!

May 1, 2011 11:05 AM

Sep 2009
AstuteOtaku said:
I have come to really like Yuina, though I hope there's something behind her character, just like everyone else hopefully has skeletons in the closet..
No no no. Mirai Nikki-ness in the plot is a NO! A sad and pitiful past or background would suit the show and her character better.

jampa411 said:
i feel a vibe going with Ohana and Tohru
Agreed. If Tohru ends up liking Ohana, it will certainly lead to an interesting dramatic situation and on top if Ko comes to work at the inn....OMG!

-The Grey Herron is indeed creepy *shivers*....it's so big O.O
-Minko was a bit irritating but the last part made up for it.
-Great episode and Tohru is hot btw.
May 1, 2011 11:08 AM

Nov 2008
Dat Heron

Kou coming over may make the next episode fun. At least Minko and Ohana are getting a little bit friendlier.

May 1, 2011 11:22 AM

Oct 2009
So it turns out that Tohru wasn't really dating Yuina, I had a feeling. But also, he was just helping out over there and didn't actually quit. I love that novelist guy for making up that rumor and having everyone believe it.

That grey heron is awesome, it's always funny when it scares off Ohana.

And at the end, it was cute how Minko wanted Ohana to choose a nickname that she would call her.

I wonder if Ko is actually going to visit there? What I got from the scene is that he was just looking at brochures because he missed Ohana, not necessarily planning a trip, but it could be possible. I'd actually like to see that happen. And it looks like Ohana finally texted him back. :D
May 1, 2011 11:41 AM

Jun 2009
I'm glad that it turned out to be misunderstanding. :) Many good things happened in this episode: misunderstanding was cleared, Minko is acting more friendlier to Ohana and Ohana replied to Kouichi. ^^
May 1, 2011 11:42 AM

Jan 2010
Minko was really getting annoying but I'm glad that she softened up this episode..
And Yuina getting the massage while speaking was funny :D..
The Ero-Novel writer made a commotion again xD..

well, nothing much to expect for the next episode.. or may be for the next episodes..
I wonder when will the high intensity drama will come.. I got the feeling that this show can stand up to Clannad in terms of drama :D
May 1, 2011 12:06 PM

Sep 2009
That was a cute episode but it ended up being a little too predictable. xD I'm glad that Ohana finally replied to Kouchi~ c:
May 1, 2011 12:21 PM

Jul 2010
Oba-a-a-a cha-a-a-a-n-n-n-n XD

Yet another light-hearted and mellow episode that provided a bit of drama and plenty of chuckles. Funny how the entire thing was just a huge misunderstanding, and it was resolved in a very amusing manner. Also cool how Minchi is starting to warm up to Ohana--because I definitely won't be able to stand her bitching and whining for much longer.

I'm hoping that the writers will go for even more drama soon. Though I don't think this is being set up to match something like Clannad AS in terms of sheer intensity and gut-wrenching moments (nor does it need to), I could really use some more serious conflicts for a change. Then again, we're only 5 episodes in and it's really too early to make judgments. I just hope that they don't waste the HUGE potential this show's got.

PS, is it just me who can't stand the OP? Sure, the animation is great and the song is catchy and all, but THAT VOICE....FFFFFUUUUUUUUU. They need to get someone like Nagi from Supercell to sing it >.>
May 1, 2011 12:30 PM

Apr 2010
kleeny said:
It seems like it, love makes people to crazy things and i like they way he is not planning on giving up on her the question is will Ohana understand his feelings when he comes over.

The major misunderstanding was rather interesting and nice to watch, Ohana even going as far as to make trouble at the other inn.
Speaking of which will that granddaughter ever be able to take over that inn to me it seems she still has allot of growing up to do and her grandmother seems to go easy on her.
May 1, 2011 12:32 PM

Nov 2008
I am against Tohru pairing with anyone especially Minko ( I dislike Tohru in general)..

The episode was ok..progress here and there for Ohana with Minko and easy progress with Nako now .. And here comes Ko
May 1, 2011 12:41 PM

Jul 2010
Why Yuina is so kool? need more Yuina and less Minko.
May 1, 2011 1:02 PM

Jun 2010
I knew Tohru wasn't changing. They just rushed to a conclusion to quickly. But when they gather all the information that they saw, I can see why they jumped to that conclusion. I wonder what nickname Hana is going to pick. Minchi is starting to warm up to Hana little by little.

May 1, 2011 1:26 PM

Jul 2010
I'm like.. the only one in this thread that wants Tooru x Minko. ^_^;;

Ohana and Ko go nice together, so Tooru and Ohana, no, no, no. Speaking of that guy, hopefully he shows up at the inn. Since episode one Ko's only been mentioned vaguely by Ohana stressing over how to text him. Over-thinking little things like that is something girls excel at. I should know; I'm totally pro at it.

Episode MVP - The heron!
May 1, 2011 1:47 PM

Nov 2007
hnnnggghhh this show is making me ship tohru/ohana even though ko/ohana is my otp. ; n ; ko's still as adorable as ever ( he's obviously thinking about ohana /all the time/, falling asleep on those magazines & all asjkfhaf SO ENDEARING ) but tohru pinching ohana's nose... huffs. o//////o

tohru's such a ladies' man ahahaha. i'm glad ohana finally replied to ko's text though! development on that department. :DDD

and oh my god, yuina's massage chair.
May 1, 2011 1:56 PM
Oct 2010
grey heron wins. flawless victory
May 1, 2011 2:03 PM

Oct 2009
Yes, pretty backgrounds and cute Ohana, but I just don't give a damn about any of the characters and some of them (especially Minko) are outright ANNOYING. Dropped for now; I might check it out again when it finishes airing.
May 1, 2011 2:09 PM

Feb 2009
Minko continues to be incredibly annoying. I almost shut the episode off because of her halfway through.

Instead of making me get behind Tohru/Minko, this episode made me get behind Tohru/Ohana. I like the playful relationship they have, and I'm pretty sure they're setting up something here with those two. Excited to see how that plays out.

Yuina is lovely, I love her character. She's a cutie.

This episode definitely wasn't up to par with the first two, but it was an improvement over the last two imo.
May 1, 2011 2:18 PM

Nov 2008
grey heron: I won't let you! You need to get through me first!
Ohana: this isn't a shounen battle! щ(゚Д゚щ)

I knew it! Ko will surely visit where Ohana is working XDD The more they are missing from each other, the stronger their feelings will become! It yields so much joy when they meet again. I can't wait for it :D

... though I sense some love polygon on the way D:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 1, 2011 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
This is a really amazing series so far! ^_^

I don't know how to describe my feelings about the show, but I really like all of the characters.

I'm very intrigued to know where the story will go in a way I haven't for an anime in a long time. :P I do hope Ko goes to visit.
May 1, 2011 2:50 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode, I can see this series always ending on a good note.
May 1, 2011 2:58 PM

Apr 2009
Hanasaku Iroha started with a boom, it was probably the best first episode, but ever since then it's getting constantly worse and worse. This episode, albeit not bad, was far away from being as good as I had hoped for it to be. In short, it's getting generic - I'm not saying that it's bad, no. It's just that... I had hoped for something fresh and totally new, while reality brought about something quite ordinary. Though I wouldn't mind if all ordinary anime were as good as Iroha. 4/5 for this ep.

May 1, 2011 3:05 PM

Jan 2011
lol, well it was a misunderstanding xD
seems like next episode might have something interesting for us all
May 1, 2011 3:30 PM

Jan 2011
DenjaX said:
щ(゚Д゚щ)

lol dat smiley.
"HERON... Y U NO LET ME PASS!?"

I loved the episode. Ohana is an awesome character. She's so open and confident.
Was great seeing more of Minchi opening up. Made me realize that she's not a bitch because she's a bad person, she does it out of some misplaced sense of not allowing herself to be selfish.
I mean she wouldn't even go after Tooru when she thought he was leaving, because it was an honour for him to work at the big fancy inn, and she didn't want to get in the way. So stupid... That's not how it works. People get offended when you let them make decisions without having all the facts.

Also nice to learn that Yuina isn't a manstealing tramp. :p I thought I had made my mind up about whether or not I liked her after the last episode but guess not. She's just full of surprises.

Here's hoping for more about Ko or Nakochi in the next episode. :D
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
May 1, 2011 3:35 PM

Jun 2008
Im rooting for a lovely love triangle Ko-Ohana-Tohru!;D its not that i dislike Minko, but i also dont like her much.

also i love Ko and Ohana OTP, but Tohru and Ohana were just so cute in this ep, i love when he teases her!

loved the ep!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 1, 2011 3:36 PM

Apr 2009
well, everyone who's used to anime should know that it's a misunderstanding.. thankfully, this is 26 episodes.. they don't have to make strong impressions for now.. we can take the time to get used to the characters first.. the show is currently demoted to 8/10 for me..

anyway, Ohana is still doing great and hopefully, Minko will get less annoying (sadly, she's stapled to the modern tsundere character, yet still not showing any of her good stuff to compensate).. and gotta like Yuina's fake accents for different situations.. haha.. for now, i'm just glad i'm back to having no clue on what's to happen next..
argiliumMay 1, 2011 3:43 PM
May 1, 2011 3:55 PM

Sep 2008
Mamiko Noto did not get many lines this episode. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2011 3:56 PM

Oct 2009
ah, well. after the disastrous third episode and mediocre fourth, this one was a bit better. minchi... ugh, i don't know. i started out loving her and all of her grumpiness, but now she's just annoying.

yuina is wonderful. a very agreeable character who i adore already even though we have seen so little of her!

but ko. oh precious sweet ko. i love that kid.
May 1, 2011 4:42 PM

Aug 2008
At least Minchi is starting to warm up to Ohana now. If only she had been more proactive, maybe Tohru wouldn't think Ohana is the only one who care for him.
May 1, 2011 4:47 PM
Sep 2007
Actually, I think Tohru really like Minko.

He kinda seemed dissapointed when he said only Ohana cared about him, or something like that.
May 1, 2011 4:54 PM

Jul 2010
Psajdak said:
Actually, I think Tohru really like Minko.

He kinda seemed dissapointed when he said only Ohana cared about him, or something like that.

I have a feeling Tohru likes Ohana by how he constantly teases her, but yeah, that's a very good point.
May 1, 2011 5:03 PM

Sep 2010
linnaes said:
PS, is it just me who can't stand the OP? Sure, the animation is great and the song is catchy and all, but THAT VOICE....FFFFFUUUUUUUUU. They need to get someone like Nagi from Supercell to sing it >.>

you aren't the only one :)

I'm surprised that grandma didn't scold Ohana for creating a scene at Fukuya inn. Ohana's text was kind of disappointing, I was expecting something nicer/more special. nice episode overall
May 1, 2011 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
Needs more *Yuina*
and those where some Nice cars.
May 1, 2011 5:56 PM

Aug 2009
YES!!! THEY ARNT DATING!!!! >;DDD

I honestly feel the chances of Tohru might lightning Ohana...

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER IF KO WILL BE COMING BACK!!!!
I WANT TO FREAKEN SEE HIM AGAIN AND SHE JUST KEEPS TEXTING HIM EVERY EPISODE!!!

I WANT OHANA TO GET INTO A RELATIONSHIP!!! >.<
May 1, 2011 5:57 PM

May 2010
Grandma talking about inn being shut down at the office is probably sort of hint that they're going to have that problem in future.
May 1, 2011 6:11 PM

Sep 2010
Lol I guess I missed last episode. However this anime is very simple so no problems , basicly the big misunderstanding and ohana responding to ko is the focus. (excuse me if i got the names wrong)
May 1, 2011 8:08 PM

May 2008
Awww i was hoping for more drama!!!!!! :D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 1, 2011 8:26 PM
Feb 2010
*yawn*

Just woke up, rewatched the episode and now my mind is stuck in fan mode for Minchi.......

Whatever, comments on ep 5:

Overall: It was an all-round interesting episode, which served purpose of expanding Minko's past and the mending of her relationship with Ohana. Also, I really like how the greater half of the episode took place at night. It really brings out the dramatic atmosphere of the episode.
Score: 5/5

KoisolaMay 1, 2011 9:48 PM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

May 1, 2011 8:51 PM

Jun 2010
Good episode...
The part about the grey heron was funny, Ohana was so cute.
May 1, 2011 8:59 PM

Feb 2011
sigh didn't expect minko to be so dramatic about love, kinda disappointing
well too bad for her i think tooru is fond of ohana..
May 1, 2011 9:54 PM

Nov 2009
good episode

much better than ep3 but not as good as the first one

Ohana is a very good character I watch this anime to see how she reacts to everything.. also I like minko and she's my favorite character right now on this show

but sometimes I feel that this series storytelling isn't as good as I hoped ..
May 1, 2011 10:09 PM

May 2010
Aria_Shachou said:
Grandma talking about inn being shut down at the office is probably sort of hint that they're going to have that problem in future.

It'll probably be featured in the later episodes and Ohana turns things around. That's what I've been thinking since the start.
May 1, 2011 10:22 PM

Oct 2010
Ko is about to fuck shit up!!
(in a good way)
May 1, 2011 10:48 PM

Sep 2009
I really want Ko to be featured a bit more now. Maybe for Ohana to start having feelings of love herself.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2011

173 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.