Forum Settings
Forums

The ROYAL WEDDING....is it interesting or annoying?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 25, 2011 7:33 AM

Apr 2011
What can I say, I love big productions.
Apr 25, 2011 8:33 AM

May 2009
TheFramedAngel said:
I live in England and it's all I'm hearing about at the minute. To me personally, I'm not interested. It does get me the day off work, though. So I'm not complaining either.

Well said, I'm living in England as well,

Just my blabbings;

The ' Royalty ' isn't the same as before anymore(powers aside), and I'm really disappointed about the queen when I saw her giving her speech(she's reading it, wth?!) -- I haven't seen the princess or the princes' yet just saw them on the telly, so I'm still neutral when it comes to this matter, i just hope that they still got the ' Magnanimous and Elegance ' vibe just like other royalties were before.

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Apr 25, 2011 9:03 AM

Nov 2008
Royalty in England nowdays is a for profit and non-profit business and nothing more, they get government grants of 13 Million US for Pete's sake.

Apr 25, 2011 9:05 AM

Jun 2010
Not really all that interested to be honest, but it is an good excuse to party.

I have a mild interest in what kates dress will be though...
My parents always taught me not to talk to strangers............Well, that went well didnt it?
Apr 25, 2011 9:10 AM

Dec 2010
Nah. nothing fancy about it. Just watch it, then you're done. Nothing interesting would happen.

I'm Apolitical. I show no enthusiasm with political, royal stuff.
Apr 25, 2011 10:37 AM

May 2008
Nothing interesting about the wedding, but I like how everyone tries to make some money with it. My personal highlight:
Apr 25, 2011 10:40 AM

Nov 2010
^lol. Condoms that make you feel like Royalty, brilliant!
Apr 25, 2011 10:40 AM

Oct 2007
4 day weekend woot! lol
Have so much holidays this month XD

I live in London so it's going to be crowded on that day T.T
Might go out to see whats going on though
Apr 25, 2011 10:41 AM

Mar 2011
It's a fantastic PR-stunt for Britain. It doesn't annoy me since I don't watch the news any way.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Apr 25, 2011 1:14 PM

Oct 2008
I don't see what the big deal is ... I mean sure it's nice they're getting married but some of the stuff stores are selling to cash in on the wedding are kind of creepy..... There's this place selling masks of wiil&kate's face .... ?? Now that's just strange ~_~
Apr 25, 2011 2:21 PM

Feb 2008
I think they totally exaggerated with the news about it! It IS the royal family, but please, it's only a wedding, leave them alone..
But they do have a cute story (of how they met and stuff). I mean, it's a great plot for a romantic-comedy XD
※何時も支えて呉れる人達に
日頃の思いを込めた RHAPSODY
APPRECIATION の気持を届け
何時もありがとう、本当ありがとう
仮令どこに立って君の存在に感謝してるよ※

Apr 25, 2011 2:29 PM

Jun 2008
Gasuko-chan said:
But they do have a cute story (of how they met and stuff). I mean, it's a great plot for a romantic-comedy XD

Kinda like PRINCESS LOVER!

Except reverse......PRINCE LOVER???

Either way, I prefer the anime version, cuz you get to see tits :)
Apr 25, 2011 4:19 PM

Sep 2010
It didn't bother me until every news channel I turn on seems to be running stories about England, instead of news relevant to my country.
Apr 25, 2011 4:27 PM

Jan 2011
Don't care much, well aside from the funny things they made for the "special day" xD
cups, mugs, toys, condoms(wtf?)...
seriously condoms? xDDD
oh well, it gives the companies that make these things money
don't care since, it doesn't give me a day off or anything at all xD
Apr 25, 2011 4:57 PM

Mar 2011
I find it both mixed emotions; I don't particularly care about the wedding; But it gives us another holiday I could do with happily :D
Apr 25, 2011 5:15 PM

Oct 2007
Don't care. I don't follow the news and I only saw news about it by accident when browsing. I don't see it as annoying or exagerrated since I know and have seen so little of it.
Apr 25, 2011 7:22 PM

Dec 2009
Hmmm I've seen this popping up in the news everyday for a few months already, and even then I don't care. I mean yeah, how cute, a wedding but meh
Apr 25, 2011 8:12 PM

Aug 2009
well it's not like i'm invited or anything :'|

but chances are i might watch it. derp.

Apr 25, 2011 9:15 PM

Feb 2010
No day off? I don't care!
Apr 25, 2011 9:19 PM

Oct 2009
There's a royal wedding?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2011 9:43 PM

Nov 2007
I couldn't care less. I only knew it was happening because I saw an article in the newspaper. I don't watch TV, so other than that one article I didn't really know of it until I just happened across the news paper clipping.
Apr 25, 2011 9:56 PM

Dec 2010
ichigo03 said:
So, everyday I'm hearing more and more of the "Royal Wedding" of William and Kate.

Personally, since I'm American and my ancestors fought against this MONARCHY and everything it stands for, I'm annoyed by the amount of news this story is generating.

But, what do you guys think?

We don't care about your presidential elections all that much apart from knowing that Bush won't be making a return,
We don't care about NAFL players being supported by a Judge.
We don't care about Lindsay Lohan, Obama getting 'booked' or about alot of other stuff that shows on the news over here.

But we also don't go making threads complaining about it,

Blame the media, not the monarchy.
Blame the rarity of this event not the decades of tradition

(oh and i also don't care about the wedding)

Ink out.
InkcrowApr 25, 2011 10:06 PM
Apr 25, 2011 10:05 PM

Jun 2008
Apparently this Wedding will HURT Great Britain Economically....

http://royalwedding.yahoo.com/blogs/royal-wedding-to-hurt-britains-economy-6351
Apr 25, 2011 10:13 PM

Nov 2007
Inkcrow said:
ichigo03 said:
So, everyday I'm hearing more and more of the "Royal Wedding" of William and Kate.

Personally, since I'm American and my ancestors fought against this MONARCHY and everything it stands for, I'm annoyed by the amount of news this story is generating.

But, what do you guys think?

We don't care about your presidential elections all that much apart from knowing that Bush won't be making a return,
We don't care about Lindsay Lohan, Obama getting 'booked' or about alot of other stuff that shows on the news over here.

Ink out.

If this were facebook, I would "like" this. I hate the fact that American news shows up in all other countries on TV. I really don't like our country being in the spotlight all the time. At times it really makes me wish I lived in some little unknown country that no one knew of or cared about.
Apr 25, 2011 10:21 PM

Apr 2011
^
Andorra, Lichtenstein, Seychelles, San Martin, and I can go on and on all day.

*Offended American
Apr 25, 2011 10:26 PM
Aug 2010
Inkcrow said:

Ink out.

Good lord....maybe next time you should read ALL of my comments before putting up an attack.

I already said that the whole "Monarchy" thing was a JOKE!!!, I know you can't detect sarcasm by reading print....but c'mon.

Clearly you DON'T understand what this thread is about, I'm NOT complaining about anything, I posted an OPINION about an event that is generating a lot of news Worldwide, I was interested to see what the MAL community thought of this event and therefore I made a thread.

It's NOT MY FAULT that everyone agrees with me that this "Royal Wedding" is an annoyance and even YOU said you don't care about it.

The only thing I said was "this is annoying, but I want to know how you guys feel"...

That's NOT complaining, that's wanting to know how people feel (CURIOSITY)....that's it.
Apr 25, 2011 10:57 PM
Nov 2008
Considering the fact that I live in Australia, the Royal Wedding in on TV every 2 seconds. Be it actual news or just an advert.

Annoying as fuck.
Apr 25, 2011 11:38 PM

Oct 2007
I didn't even watch my own country's president's inauguration. I don't think I'll be watching the wedding of what pretty much amounts to some country's fancy decoration.
Apr 26, 2011 1:57 AM

Aug 2008
What royal wedding? LOL
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Apr 26, 2011 2:42 AM
Jul 2009
couldn't care less tbh
Having a signature is an absolute must.
Apr 26, 2011 3:22 AM

Apr 2008
I'm pleased with the fact that I haven't heard of this.

It seems my ignorance of pointless media attention is paying off!
Apr 26, 2011 3:24 AM

Dec 2010
i don't care about that,i've heard that some people left their country cause of that wedding...
Apr 26, 2011 6:55 AM

Mar 2011
heidurzo said:
She's technically not a noble but here parents are still multi-millionaires and she grew up on a big estate. Very uncommon.

What, so you say that living in a mansion is not common where you are from? Mwahaha, I see that you're one of those poor people then. *sips his Earl Grey*
Apr 26, 2011 7:51 AM

May 2009
Treekodar said:
heidurzo said:
She's technically not a noble but here parents are still multi-millionaires and she grew up on a big estate. Very uncommon.

What, so you say that living in a mansion is not common where you are from? Mwahaha, I see that you're one of those poor people then. *sips his Earl Grey*

What a fucked-up way of thinking, so you're saying you're living in a big mansion then? If so, my apologies you shitty bastard. Geez, i really can't stand people like you, even if you meant that as a joke >.>

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Apr 26, 2011 7:51 AM

May 2009
It's boring to me. The media keeps throwing it at us. They're getting married, thats great, but I really don't care anymore. Still though, I want to see the dress.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Apr 26, 2011 7:58 AM

Mar 2011
Aezile said:
What a fucked-up way of thinking, so you're saying you're living in a big mansion then? If so, my apologies you shitty bastard. Geez, i really can't stand people like you, even if you meant that as a joke >.>

Me sipping Earl Grey tea was an indication that my post was a joke and should be treated as such. My family is living at the poverty threshold, with a new law instituting absolutely no money for having children, meaning that my family will effectively fall below aforementioned threshold. You don't have to lecture me on not being wealthy.
Apr 26, 2011 8:04 AM

May 2009
Treekodar said:
Me sipping Earl Grey tea was an indication that my post was a joke and should be treated as such. My family is living at the poverty threshold, with a new law instituting absolutely no money for having children, meaning that my family will effectively fall below aforementioned threshold. You don't have to lecture me on not being wealthy.

There are expensive types of Earl Grey, mostly rich people preferred that kind of Earl Grey than any other else. Jokes like that are bound to haunt you back.

Anyhow, i'll bow my head and i truly apologise on what I've said to you.

Apr 26, 2011 8:11 AM

Oct 2010
I watch the news a lot, so I find it extremely annoying because they're talking about it for several minutes basically every hour. And especially the way our economy is (I live in the U.S.), I find it kind of cruel and ironic how the media will dish out all these dismal percentages about jobs and then start talking about how much money these rich, privileged people are blowing on appetizers for the wedding.

Ok I'm done, lol
Apr 26, 2011 8:20 AM

Nov 2010
KyuuAL said:
What royal wedding? LOL
MY WEDDING WITH JUSTIN BIEBER YOU BASTERD!!! WHO ELSE?!

I'm starting to get annoyed, a little bit, because there are no news for Libya or Japan on Yahoo! yet there are 2-5 articles about the cute princess and prince about their technical difficulties and fashion -_- How fucked up is that?
Apr 26, 2011 8:43 AM

Aug 2010
DigiDigi said:
KyuuAL said:
What royal wedding? LOL

I'm starting to get annoyed, a little bit, because there are no news for Libya or Japan on Yahoo! yet there are 2-5 articles about the cute princess and prince about their technical difficulties and fashion -_- How fucked up is that?
DigiDigi said:
KyuuAL said:
What royal wedding? LOL

Are you watching E! news? I've read a lot of news on Libya and Japan lately.
Apr 26, 2011 9:20 AM

Nov 2010
prismheart said:
DigiDigi said:
KyuuAL said:
What royal wedding? LOL

DigiDigi said:
KyuuAL said:
What royal wedding? LOL

Are you watching E! news? I've read a lot of news on Libya and Japan lately.
ha. E! News w/ Ryan Seacrest? no better than TMZ lol. For Libya news I go to NYtimes for detailed info. I'm talking about Yahoo, I just went to check my email and the 40 article headlight they offer in the main page and I saw zero news about Japan and Libya. I'm concerned for Libya because my research paper is about Libya and any new info helps, Japan because there is a chance that my brother, who is in the Navy, might get sent there for more clean up.
DigiDigiApr 26, 2011 9:25 AM
Apr 26, 2011 9:29 AM

Oct 2010
You'd think with all the poverty and hunger in the world, we could use money for better things. We just never learn do we?
Apr 26, 2011 10:32 AM

Jun 2008
Just stumbled into this on youtube.

Apr 26, 2011 12:32 PM

Nov 2010
-Alakazam- said:
Got my invite in the post today, got to get the train down to london tomorrow and get myself a nice suit from Harrods. Enjoy watching it on TV, peasants.
I will on my comfortable couch my good sir!
Apr 26, 2011 12:36 PM
Apr 2011
omg iam sick of it in my country holland that stupid wedding is at every news station here -.-
Apr 26, 2011 8:16 PM

Feb 2010
personally i don't give a crap cuz the royal crown in england basically has no power at all. its all just for show
Apr 27, 2011 1:32 AM

Jan 2010
yup...i'm annoyed with it...
because the wedding is a show itself...
a reality one...well it's good to see....but really annoying....u_u
Apr 27, 2011 3:36 AM

Dec 2009
I don't feel anything about it.

Apr 27, 2011 6:07 AM
May 2009
An extra bank holiday is the upside for all of us in the UK. But honestly I am probably going to carry on with my gintama marathon then watch the wedding.

though I know something might happen, like radical Muslim or British groups forcing their way into london to cause some disturbance.

And since I don't watch tv as much. I am not bothered by all the wedding related programs.

2 billion people watching the royal wedding isn't impossible, since india's population would probably partake in the viewing. other former british colony's will also partake, the commonwealth nations such as Austrilia, new zealand will also probably watch it. and then you have the US where there is bound to be atleast 10-20% of the people who ahve the time to watch it. Then you have Europe who will also probably watch it.
Apr 27, 2011 1:14 PM

Jun 2008
DigiDigi said:
Tachii said:
Oh you don't have to see it live. There'll probably be some kind of rerun, I reckon.
If there are LIVE performances of some good UK artists/bands then I would quickly T-VO the wedding immediately. I would like to see someone like Leona Lewis perform; I also expect Sir Paul McCartney,Sir Elton John, and Simon Cowel to be attending this shenanigans.
lol what do ya know, Elton John is coming. It's like a celebfest. My goodness.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.