Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2011 7:20 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
:( I finished this.

I really like this Gundam series. 8/10

I really liked the characters especially Domon, Rain, George and Chibodee. It was really funny - mostly because of the Engrish. I will never get Chibodee's "I will never give up!" and "Jesus!" out of my head xD

Despite being hilarious, this series also had it's sad moments. Like the whole Domon and his bro thing.

Gundam Faito! Ready Go!
May 28, 2011 10:33 PM

May 2010
G Gundam was better than I thought it would be after all the flack I heard about it not being a true Gundam series. I give it a 8 out of 10 since its cheesiness made me deduct one point. It is now ranked as my 3rd favorite au gundam after turn a and x
Oct 31, 2011 7:45 PM

Mar 2009
Worst gundam ever.
Feb 5, 2012 9:23 AM

Jul 2011
Well, it was kinda ok. I mean, for a show where people (and sometimes horses) put giant condoms on their entire bodies. I know it's incredibly stupid, but what are you gonna do, it was made for children. And the plot in itself was rather good, I'd say. Also, Russia for once being one of the main allies and not the main villain, that was cool.
So, there you go, 6/10.
OrangeHollow.png
Oct 7, 2012 2:11 PM

May 2010
I have to say, this was probably the second most epic finale I've ever seen, right up beneath Gurren Lagann. This is what happens when you force brilliant artists to make a kids' show to sell toys. Wow!
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 31, 2012 2:45 AM

Jan 2012
I've been watching Gundam Unicorn and decided that I should watch some other gundam shows. G Gundam came to mind and I decided to start downing a couple episodes daily.

Back when this was on TV, I would get so pumped up whenever Domon would start talking about his hand and smashing some guy's head with awesome music in the background.

After starting it up again, I was rather pleased that feeling never really changed. It still had the charm it had back then. Giant robots duking it out on earth for their colonies where each Gundam has special abilities and such. Even though most bouts were predictable, (*cough, "This hand of mine is burning red") it was still a blast. I often found myself holding my hand out in front of me in the same manner spouting out whatever Domon was saying, though sometimes the second part of it would change and I would rewind it.(*lol)

The characters were also interesting, but not really all that deep if you ask me. Each character had a development episode and those were okay at best. The only one that actually made me feel bad and kind of brought a tear to my eye was the Argo backstory. The way he tried to save the wife of that Canadian guy and how he is blamed for her death was truly touching. Domon's story is also sad, but I didn't feel it was anywhere as sad as Argo's.

The story itself can be split into four parts. The first part are the Gundam fights on Earth. This is where we meet all the fighters of the Shuffle Alliance. The second part is when they finally form as a team and take on the Dark Gundam. We also run into the main villain of the series (one of them anyways). The third part is when they all go to Hong Kong and fight each other. Last part was the destruction of the Dark Gundam again. For good this time.

The third part was easily my favorite part of the whole series. I couldn't stop watching all the bouts between the colonies. These were well made episodes and I felt the whole series should have been that way. Each episode was different and there were so many interesting Gundams and Gundam fights. We also get to see more of Argo's past haunting him in this part which was pretty awesome. There just wasn't enough of this part though I believe it was the largest part of the four.

My least favorite part was probably the fourth part with the Dark Gundam again. I felt that it could have all ended with the Hong Kong part, but of course there was some loose ends that needed to be taken care of. I wouldn't say that it was terrible, but I just felt it was kinda lame.

Basically, Neo Japan wants control of the Dark Gundam and uses Raine as the life unit for it. Everyone bands together to take it down while Domon rescues Raine.

At first I though Raine was unable to control herself, but it seems that she was on a rampage because of how she believed it was her fault that all these bad things happened to Domon. You would think instead of keeping Domon away, she should sacrifice herself by having Domon kill her instead of basically destroying the Earth. Talk about being selfish.

Apparently, she just needed to be forgiven and hear the words "I love you" in order to break free from the Dark Gundam. I never got that, that seemed too easy. A giant monster that can infect machines and destroy the world can't keep hold of her? After she is freed from the Dark Gundam, both Domon and her do a combined attack that summons the King of Hearts? I was laughing so hard when I saw that bro cut his way through the Dark Gundam and then leaves a heart shaped hole in it which lead to the second destruction of the Dark Gundam.

Lesson learned: Love conquers all!

Throughout the series, there were also parts that I would normally question, but just accept because I never really took this anime seriously. The Gundam fight was what we all wanted to see at the end of the episode anyway. Probably why I loved the Hong Kong part.

I enjoyed this series more that I would have thought before siting down and watching it, but it does have its faults.

7/10
Apr 16, 2013 9:00 PM

Jun 2012
Domon grabing Rain naked, I bet he had a b*ner

This final was a little....gay lol But I liked the show. 7/10
May 1, 2013 6:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The most over the top incredibly cheezy Gundam ever, but nonetheless highly enjoyable.

The confession scene should be made obligatory viewing for all those lame non-resolution friendship shows out there.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 9, 2014 1:29 AM

Mar 2012
Terrible.
Jul 27, 2014 10:16 PM

Sep 2011
I have never been more ok with a love saves the day ending before. This show was absolutly crazy and so much fun, it had genuinely likable characters, great action that utilized its insanity perfectly for both on foot and in mech fights with more variety in the battles than the tedium the other gundam fell victim to, and the plot was a really fun thing to go through.

I give it a master asia / 10

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 8, 2014 12:57 AM
Aug 2011
their attack made a heart shape in the gundam

they rode off in the horse while destroying the tentacles

Sparkles and bubbles, and everybody loves somebody

this is absolutely glorious ending

such amazing last ~7 episodes or so, really fun, ridiculous and over-the-top how I like it
did not care for some of the repetitive episodes around the middle but unlike other Gundams, this romance actually makes sense.
Sep 4, 2014 1:23 AM

Feb 2013
I do'nt know What DAFUQ i just saw........BUT IT WAS.......GLORIOUS
Oct 27, 2014 5:38 AM

May 2008
I enjoyed greatly the whole series, and this episode was incredible. That Love Love whatever attack was brilliant. And I totally approve Domon and Rain as a couple. They were almost just as cute as Garrod and Tiffa in Gundam X :D
Feb 1, 2015 2:20 PM

Jul 2010
Good beginning,meh middle and great ending! I feel like I was really attached to these characters especially our two leads Domon and Rain. Ofc the finale had cheesy 90s stuff but it didn't matter for me I'm a sucker for happy endings.

8/10.
Mar 8, 2015 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, that ending was pretty awesome.

Over the top, insane, fun and with likeable characters. It works very well.

The weak middle dragged it down, but its a solid series.

7/10
Mar 9, 2015 9:38 AM
Mar 2013
Decent series. 7/10. However there are some problems I did have. One was Rain herself, whom I thought was a good character until later in the series. She calls it quits just because of 1 lousy outburst from Domon over her crucial mistake (sorry but it was a crucial one). Anyone could have figured out Domon was mainly upset that one of his friends was kidnapped, but Rain uses that as an excuse to give up being his partner (not to mention others acted like Domon is the only one in the wrong, which ticked me off even more). Also what is the deal with the "Domon never listens to anyone during Gundam fights"? He has taken advice from Rain before during his fights. I found Rain's whole "It's my fault because my father did it" completely stupid and pathetic. Also if Rain was subconsciously controlling the Dark Gundam to keep Domon away, why the attacks against everyone else? Isn't that taking things a little too far? The show also seems to sometimes not know what it wants to do and gets inconsistant with itself.
RoychopSep 23, 2015 4:03 PM
Jul 16, 2015 7:39 PM
Jul 2013
Honestly a perfect ending.
Feb 13, 2016 4:07 AM

Mar 2009
Amzaing Ending, Domon and Rain are one of my favourite couples in all anime ever. Thier love relationship was amazing, And I'm soooo happy for them.
Mar 1, 2016 5:00 PM

Nov 2012
Smh tbh. Allenby was better than Rain, she should have won. 2/10
Apr 1, 2016 3:29 PM
Dec 2014
Allenby is still best girl imo... but hey the ending was great and I enjoyed the ride. Can't ignore some of the huge lacks in logic but this was intended for kids after all. They did a great job with what they had to work with... and the characters were memorable. Apart from maybe some side character's loose ends that don't get tied up... i give it a 7.5/10 (which rounds to 8 for all intents and purposes).
Jul 8, 2017 2:05 PM
May 2013
Great concept and ending, also the love triangle it reminds me of Macross.
For me Allenby> Rain, but still they are both characters.
I've finished this in 4 days, not because it was great but because it was bad and needlessly long, I've seen this in a lot of old anime they are so weak because they are too long, this could've been better if it was 30 episode long, some things got repetitive.

This is for sure one of the weirdest Gundams I've seen, it got some ridiculous Gundams designs, human sized condoms and super powers.

But it had some good parts like: "My love! My anger! My sorrow! Shinning Finger!" also *finger snapping* "Guuuundaaaam!"
Jan 24, 2018 11:46 PM

Jul 2013
Show never failed to make me laugh whenever they suddenly churned a gundam out of nowhere and make these gundams do the silliest things ever. I wanted to make a joke on how Master Asia should be called Undead instead of Undefeated since he just keep surviving every mortal blow without any explanation how, but I guess it was really the last time.

The love triangle is nowhere near the level of Macross since it's obvious Domon never looks at Allenby that way. Is Rain dense or is it the usual woman-needs-words-of-confirmation kind of thing? For once we have an MC who's not in denial or too dense to realize his own feelings, but somehow the girl didn't get it lol.

Ulube is a meh villain compared to Master Asia though, from his motivation to his weak connection with Domon, feels like the last 4 eps are just a charade to have Domon confessing to Rain in the most epic way possible. At least Devil Gundam makes an epic last boss defeated by power of love. 6/10 if I'm being an uptight, but enjoyment level is 10/10.
Feb 6, 2018 5:06 AM

Oct 2008
Overall a neat Gundam entry that was a complete departure from the previous title (Victory) in almost every way.

The middle part was quite a chore to go trough and the episodic/nature was really annoying at times because they would rush fights/scenes just to have its episode 'arc',when certain fights were clearly meant to be longer.But the show is so honest with itself and wears its heart on its sleeve that you cant really dislike it no matter what.

I still think this along with Victory and Wing was a confused period for the Gundam franchise when it couldn't really lay a solid groundwork,but at least they are better than recent entries.
Mar 31, 2018 10:34 AM

Dec 2015
8.5 I loved it, wasn't as good as Wing but still very enjoyable

May 20, 2018 10:34 AM
Jan 2017
Ridiculous overtop designs, nonsensical friendship and love power ups, extreme typical stereotypes, inconsistent random decisions made by characters layered with laughable and cheesy dialogue. Yet despite all this still has charm can't help but laugh and be entertained. Now the big problem with this show its way too long it could been have a much tighter and streamlined show with way less episodes though the episodes do go by quite fast.As for fights that's meant to be the main attraction of the show, it leaves alot to be desired as the fights are repetitive and get old after while. There are few stand out fights. The characters are likable and do make up for alot of the shows flaws plus the show obviously was set too be goofy and not serious. I'm glad I watched it.
Temujin26SMay 20, 2018 11:04 AM
Apr 28, 2019 10:58 AM

Jun 2013
Mobile Suit Gundam Saint Super Seiya Saiyajin
Apr 7, 2020 6:42 AM

Jun 2019
An impressive spectacle and a touching send off to the show.

I sincerely hope Gundam gives the super robot genre another go and eases off of UC for a few years.
Aug 9, 2020 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
I love this show so much! It was so over the top and had a ridiculous English dub. Definitely one my favorite Gundams that wasn't set in the UC.
Apr 1, 2021 10:20 AM
Aug 2017
That was a beautiful finale! 10/10! Perfect!
Nov 11, 2021 3:46 PM

Oct 2013
From the mandala attack to the heart shaped hole this was nothing short of amazing.
G Gundam never betrayed its campiness and still manages to be intriguing and emotional, and moat of all FUN. I'm surprised by how I enjoyed this more than things like Z or Victory.

8/10. If you say you didn't shout "GUNDAM FIGHT - READY, GO!" together with the eyepatch guy in the final episode, you're lying.
Jan 23, 2022 7:15 PM

Aug 2017
This anime could be much better if it doesn't take seriously all the time but sadly it never took that route. All antagonists except Master Asia were terrible, generic and annoying. The last one is probably the worst offender in this case. Even most battles are boring and if Domon is fighting, you know he cannot lose so its boring. Also, I absolutely despise the narrator. The only positive thing about this anime are how Gundams designs are ridiculously creative.

Gundam In Name Only.

4/10 for the anime.
NurguburuJan 23, 2022 7:29 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 1, 2022 1:41 PM
Dec 2018
You thought you were watching a mecha-shounen-tournament arc anime, but it was a romance all along!
May 18, 2022 10:46 AM

Nov 2014
Damn, what a nice ending. Likeable cast, solid shounen story, fucking amazing OST. Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would.
Oct 17, 2023 11:34 PM
May 2020
Just finished watching.

The best part of the show? Watching the ribbon-swinging Sailor Moon Gundam in berserk mode! Allenby is my favorite character no doubt.

There will never be another ridiculous, cheesy and over-the-top Gundam series like this... And I loved it!!
l0ck0n00Oct 17, 2023 11:39 PM
Oct 23, 2023 2:56 AM

Jul 2017
This was an absolutely crazy show, and i literally loved it.
The ending was perfect, with the conclusion of every side story, the cast was highly likeable and it's a very important thing for this type of animes.
Domon and Rain are one of the best couple in the Gundam franchise and it was so good seeing their happy ending.
Personally, one of my favorite Gundam shows, even for its silliness.

9/10
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Dec 13, 2023 2:51 PM
Apr 2012
First half of the show was rough, but in the second half it all finally clicked and became genuinely enjoyable. The happy ending was great, everyone helps out in the fight, even the side characters, love wins. It was very satisfying.

Also, Domon winning because he stopped fighting and just talked to Rain honestly about his feelings - that was great.

All in all, this was one of the best Gundam shows. 8/10
Jan 19, 3:35 PM
Jan 2024
it was an epic episode, really breath taking

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Fighter G Gundam Episode 38 Discussion

Amuro_Char - Apr 12, 2013

4 by Estefan »»
Nov 18, 2023 1:05 AM

Poll: » Mobile Fighter G Gundam Episode 48 Discussion

Amuro_Char - Apr 16, 2013

5 by Neemesis_2 »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:19 AM

Poll: » Mobile Fighter G Gundam Episode 47 Discussion

Amuro_Char - Apr 16, 2013

5 by Neemesis_2 »»
Oct 23, 2023 1:53 AM

Poll: » Mobile Fighter G Gundam Episode 46 Discussion

Seabury - Oct 5, 2012

10 by Neemesis_2 »»
Oct 22, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Mobile Fighter G Gundam Episode 45 Discussion

7878787 - Jul 19, 2011

14 by Neemesis_2 »»
Oct 22, 2023 4:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.