Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 17, 2011 2:20 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode felt like a filler on the surface, but there was Merry's going through a identity crisis of a "hero", unsure of what to do with the daydreams and Mumas, and finally making a resolution with Yumeji.

Anyway, some fanservice from here and there, and there was an awesome battle scene with the Piccolo+Mazinga guy (I can't think of any other way to describe him -_-) with a rather tragic end. :(

P.S: It was kind of funny how the children loosing their dream in Yumekui Merry reminded me of the people loosing their tamago in Shugo Chara. Hmm..

Feb 17, 2011 2:58 PM

Feb 2008
I kind of missing the Shugo Chara it was a great anime.

Well I dunno about that but kind of simliar feeling too.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 17, 2011 3:18 PM

Mar 2010
Blackbird said:
I kind of missing the Shugo Chara it was a great anime.

Well I dunno about that but kind of simliar feeling too.

Of course, Shugo Chara was aimed primarily at little girls, while the light novel of Yumekui Merry was aimed towards Seinen demographics. I don't remember how I ended up watching Shugo Chara though. :p

Feb 17, 2011 9:24 PM

Jul 2010
So we get our first look at the Treesea. Still waiting on whoever Lighthouse is. I hope he's awesome like Chaser John Doe. I was really hoping Merry would somehow intervene in that battle with the kid and his superhero Dream Demon, but I somehow knew she wouldn't. It was sad to a hero go down. :(

We're officially over half way through the show now. It's going by so fast, isn't it?

Aha, Play is in the next episode! I can't wait. ^_^
Feb 17, 2011 9:32 PM

Nov 2008
It was a good episode, even though it looked like a filler and the fanservice was very low to be a beach episode (o so I think), so it was good.
Feb 17, 2011 9:40 PM

Sep 2008

Oh lawd.
Feb 17, 2011 9:59 PM

Feb 2011
It wasn't a spectacular episode but it's nice to have a somewhat less serious episode. Merry going through crisis wasn't that bad after all I think most people would think like that.

@YoshiBoshi: I was thinking the same thing when I saw that.
Feb 17, 2011 10:05 PM

Apr 2010
Dem Vagina Bones. I literally LOL'd after I saw that, since its a meme on /a/ regarding this show

Feb 17, 2011 10:43 PM

Nov 2008
DuroDeMatar said:
It was a good episode, even though it looked like a filler and the fanservice was very low to be a beach episode (o so I think), so it was good.

Well there WAS filler in it (that fight never occurred I dont remember much of the super hero stuff either because.. it didnt happen lol) the real things were say Saki getting helped out by Hakuboy ;) the seaweed scene stuff like that .. the ending to the episode was pretty accurate too. Especially with the Yumeji run to Merry etc. But the Anime is going in a seemingly different direction with its Anime Only addons and A-O likely ending.

But all around its not bad for mixing plot with made up filler.
Feb 17, 2011 10:46 PM

Sep 2007
Ohhhh so Treesea finally makes her appearance. Definitely not what I expected her to look like. Looks like Pharos Elcres finally makes his appearance next episode too.
Feb 17, 2011 10:53 PM

Jun 2008
Meh, wasn't that great...

I hope next week is better...also....VAGINA BONES!!!
Feb 17, 2011 11:37 PM

Nov 2008
For a beach episode I was expecting it to be more ecchi. There was "some" but not what I've come to expect from anime these days.

Still this gave us some clues into who is behind the attacks on other dream demons. I have my suspicions about the guy that writes poems and the other girl.
Feb 17, 2011 11:52 PM
May 2010
sirwence said:
But the Anime is going in a seemingly different direction with its Anime Only addons and A-O likely ending.

Do not want.
Seriously, I'd be pissed if we got an anime-only ending because I know I'd never read the manga... and thus I wouldn't get the full story.
Feb 18, 2011 12:50 AM

Feb 2010
beach ep^^ with medium fanservice^^ and already halftime wonder if we get a anime only ending....
Feb 18, 2011 12:59 AM

Sep 2008
If Treesea could fight Takuto, she'd never be bored.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2011 1:33 AM

Jan 2009
It's funny how Merry's regular attire is more revealing than that swimsuit.
She shouldn't believe in herself, but believe in Yumeji who believes in her ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 18, 2011 3:18 AM
Nov 2009
YoshiBoshi said:

Oh lawd.

oh wow i lold
Feb 18, 2011 4:36 AM

Aug 2010
Treesea was an interesting character, I want to see her showdown with Merry.
Feb 18, 2011 5:23 AM
Dec 2010
Well, a beach ep. I wasn't expecting much from this one anyway. Merry going through an identity crisis was nice, though I felt its been resolved too fast. I hope we get some more problems once the next muma shows up.

I never heard about the vaginal bones meme but I had to rewind twice to make sure I wasn't imagining things to be honest ^^.

Treesea, bloodthirsty as ever - Just the kind of villain that I like. I felt kinda sorry for the superhero muma and the child, but oh well.

Next ep featuring Yui and Engi (still treated as "Play" in the gg subs, bleh -.-), possible alliance of the four of them inc? I definitely see that at one point, more so with Pharos (Lighthouse in greek, for your information) making an appearance/being mentioned. Also, I don't think Yumeji mentioned his encounter with Mr. John "Too damn badass" Doe to Merry yet, did he? There may be tension if she finds out.
Feb 18, 2011 5:37 AM

Nov 2010
torrentsven said:
YoshiBoshi said:

Oh lawd.

oh wow i lold

Veruz said:

I never heard about the vaginal bones meme but I had to rewind twice to make sure I wasn't imagining things to be honest ^^.

at first i tought i was seeing ghosts and then i rewind and i lol'd :D
vaginal bones FTW haha
Feb 18, 2011 6:02 AM

Jun 2009
Well, at least the fight is interesting and I get to see Kawanami's dream eater but besides that, the whole episode is a snorefest.

A supposed to be a fanservice episode without fanservice.
Feb 18, 2011 7:56 AM

Dec 2009
Now I'm positive that Kawanami, Chizuru is Treesea.
Feb 18, 2011 8:33 AM

Jul 2010
As some people already stated; obviously this episode was a filler in disguise. However, it did have Merry's identity crisis in it which I thought was pretty well done. The comparison with the superhero and Yumeji's support was nice.

The appearance of Treesea also made for a nice surprise. Im also pretty sure that Kawanami Chizuru is Treesea, but we'll see. She really is on the level of power with Elcres. Sad what she did to that boys dream demon though. Now that little guy is suffering from dream loss as well. I wonder when Treesea will encounter Merry.

Next episode appears to pick up the story again. Looking forward to it.
OnyxthegreatFeb 20, 2011 6:22 AM

Feb 18, 2011 8:41 AM
Oct 2010
-Quasar said:
A supposed to be a fanservice episode without fanservice.

And I praise the heavens for that. Beach episodes normally are a gateway for fanservice, but I'm glad this one didn't follow the pattern. I prefer my shows without needless fanservice, thank you very much.

Merry is one of the most interesting shows of this season, in my opinion.
Feb 18, 2011 8:45 AM

Jul 2009
Vagina bones.
I must be watching gg's.

Anyone wanna bother pulling the pic of Chizuru talking to her Muma back in episode... 2 or something? See if the pupil pattern matches Treesea's?
wheresthehandleFeb 18, 2011 9:12 AM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 18, 2011 9:22 AM

Mar 2008
God. Vagina Bones. At first I wasn't sure if I was being trolled by GG. I guess they were having a hard time translating a japanese word referring to the V near your pelvis. (Which Merry's normal clothes show <3 )
Mmmm, spoilers until I make a MAL-friendly sig. xD

FC Cards!
Feb 18, 2011 9:32 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was surprisingly good for a beach episode.
Merry's and Yumeji's conversation was pretty deep and it made for a great setting and atmosphere.
Kawanami and Isana's talk watch also nice to watch even tho Kawanami has a pretty closed personality, i also wonder what Isana sees in Kawanami she seemed pretty impressed.

Merry and Yumeji not being able to swim must have been hard on both of them, tho it did gave them the opportunity to speak to each other.
Yumeji interest in superhero stuff at his age is a bit odd tho, but if it helps them both then why not.
Engi's words hit Merry pretty hard and i wonder what this will mean for future episode will she still kill her enemy's when she needs to?

Treesea was very sexy, she is cute in appearance yet her act is ruthless.
She was pretending at first but after her opponent landed the first hit on her her personality became pretty dark it was very appealing to watch her.
I wonder what more we will see of her.
I feel sorry for that kid tho and even more sorry for his mother she seemed like a nice person.

I am also wondering why Isana was swimming with her scarf on and Kawanami with her hair clips on, wouldn't you usually take such things of when swimming?
I don't think the salt seawater would by good for such things.
Feb 18, 2011 10:49 AM

Nov 2009
I don't think the dream demon (muma) in Chizuru is Treesea.

Each dream demon has different pupils in thier eyes. For exampleL Engi pupils are "triangle" as well as Yui's pupil when Engi controled her body.

In ep. 3 from 04.48 to 05.12, pupils in Chizuru eyes are "x" but Treesea's pupils are "Y" like shape.

This show that dream demon in Chizuru must be other dream demon.
Feb 18, 2011 10:53 AM
Nov 2009
emo merry <3 rofl
Feb 18, 2011 11:15 AM

Apr 2010
Lol wait, vagina bones? Was that translated correctly?

Feb 18, 2011 11:22 AM

May 2009
As expected, a lot of filler in the beach episode.

It looks like they're making Chizuru out to be a positive character. Seatree might be the teacher's dream demon, since they're both filler characters and it wouldn't make much difference if they died by the end of the season (same with Chizuru, but since her dream demon's pupil was differenet, I don't think she is her dream demon... but I'm sure the writers want us to think that she indeed is).

And Ken was introduced as well, so we are still following the manga (that's what I like about this story, even these random cool guys that hit on the girls in every series will actually have a pretty important role here), even though there are many anime-original scenes and characters.

And finally Elcres next episode. The first "major" enemy of the story.
Feb 18, 2011 11:57 AM

Apr 2010
I'm not sure if we'll get anime only ending... Merry is doing great on the preorder charts, so its looking like a 8-10k seller, which is easily more than enough to get a sequel (thats at Zero no Tsukaima level, talking about JC Staff shows with sequels)

Feb 18, 2011 12:12 PM

Dec 2008
Vagina Bones??? O_o
Poor Merry not knowing what to do with herself after finding out that she was exterminating dream demons and not sending them back to where they came from.
I was sad about the boy losing his dreams when he lost his dream demon.
Feb 18, 2011 1:51 PM

Oct 2010
Merry in her maid outfit = <3
Also... Vagina bones lol. I seriously thought that my mind was screwing with me for a second.
Pi piru piru piru pipiru pi!
Feb 18, 2011 2:11 PM
Dec 2007
A beach & swimsuits episode can't really get better than that. It was absolutely great, cleverly written and developped, and of course really amazing direction-wise.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 18, 2011 2:20 PM

Apr 2010
Jacut said:
A beach & swimsuits episode can't really get better than that. It was absolutely great, cleverly written and developped, and of course really amazing direction-wise.

no vagina bones ruined it for me

Feb 18, 2011 2:32 PM

Nov 2008
Dang Takateru is an awesome poet xDD

I liek this Treesea, she's cute nuff said xDD I felt bad for the kid and his partner though... :/

Vagina bones... Gotta learn the slangs xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 18, 2011 2:34 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode ^^

Feb 18, 2011 3:35 PM

May 2009
Treesea looks so cool!
Why do all Dream Deamons have amazing eyes?
Feb 18, 2011 3:59 PM

Jun 2008
That's what you get kid for liking stupid Power Ranger type heroes.
Nice seeing one of the two villains.
I still can't see the red hair girl as evil so my main suspect is the blond guy.
The teacher could be pharos. Of course if the show wants to catch us a little of it could make Treesea being that girl with the black hair.

Aversa said:

Merry and Yumeji not being able to swim must have been hard on both of them, tho it did gave them the opportunity to speak to each other.

I didn't get that one though. I can't swim ether but i still go in the sea when i go to the beach. You just have to avoid going too deep.
Feb 18, 2011 4:02 PM
Apr 2010
Can someone give me an instance that Merry's original clothing shows off her vagina bone? lol...

Oh, and the dad and his speedo.... i lold

And i think the actual translations is "isn't merry's bathing suit a bit embarrasing?". I think
/not fluent in japanese *yet*.

Good filler overall
Feb 18, 2011 4:09 PM

Apr 2010
pilipino101 said:
Can someone give me an instance that Merry's original clothing shows off her vagina bone? lol..

This is probably her most popular pic among fans showing off her "Vagina bone"

Feb 18, 2011 4:13 PM

Jun 2010
I think that one girl, Kawanami has a dream demon inside of her, but I don't know if it's good or bad. I can't wait for next episode where they meet Engi and that other dream demon.

Feb 18, 2011 4:56 PM

Apr 2010
Monad said:
Aversa said:

I didn't get that one though. I can't swim ether but i still go in the sea when i go to the beach. You just have to avoid going too deep.
I agree as long as you don't go further then 5 to 10 meters into the sea it should not be a problem if you can't swim.
Besides just standing with you feet in the sea is refreshing on a nice warm sunny day.
pilipino101 said:
Can someone give me an instance that Merry's original clothing shows off her vagina bone? lol...
And i think the actual translations is "isn't merry's bathing suit a bit embarrasing?". I think
/not fluent in japanese *yet*.
Yep i think it was just the subs that tried to be funny.

Even if it was embarrassing Merry didn't seem to mind.
Feb 18, 2011 6:07 PM

Apr 2008
Got teased and pulled as prank to the deeper sea is not that rare case in anime though. Better play safe and get away from the water (even then, friends would still pull them in).

Too lazy to check back when Serio got massacred, but anyone mind to check the name and eye of the hunter nightmare ?
Instead of Mistletain, could that one be Chizuru's nightmare ?
Feb 18, 2011 6:43 PM

Oct 2010
the speedo was to much lol... the dad was the one that enjoy that rip the most.
huh?
Feb 19, 2011 4:50 AM

Jun 2010
An interesting episode. I was hoping that Merry would save the boy and his dream demon but I knew that she wouldn't.
Vagina bones. I think I learnt something new today.
Feb 19, 2011 6:38 AM

Oct 2010
sirwence said:
DuroDeMatar said:

Well there WAS filler in it (that fight never occurred I dont remember much of the super hero stuff either because.. it didnt happen lol) the real things were say Saki getting helped out by Hakuboy ;) the seaweed scene stuff like that .. the ending to the episode was pretty accurate too. Especially with the Yumeji run to Merry etc. But the Anime is going in a seemingly different direction with its Anime Only addons and A-O likely ending.

But all around its not bad for mixing plot with made up filler.

Completely agree with you.
Feb 19, 2011 10:35 AM

Apr 2008
Just finished watching all of the episodes in one shot, I kinda got a cuteness overdoese. But needed another shot so went on to read manga.

I just hope JC Staff does justice to the main story, though they are not known for doing so.
ZingFreelancerFeb 22, 2011 2:52 AM
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Feb 19, 2011 10:52 AM

Nov 2009
There were good parts but it still felt like nothing happened. I can't change that idea in my head however much i try.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.