Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 17, 2011 10:29 AM

Sep 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nessa is pretty good at Hide and seek, I wanna play with her ~ even if I would never have thought that she could hide in the oven!
The 5th episode was very funny, those perveres women, this epic underpants and this heat !
Nessa is too moe, need more x)

-Angy-Jun 19, 2011 4:37 PM
Feb 17, 2011 2:10 PM

Sep 2009
Well, I've come to the conclusion that in fact, this show is rather bland and crude after all. Phryne is one of the most confusing character I've ever seen. She switches between being cold and being soft with no warning signs. But eh, this show is still funny enough that I'd continue watching it.
Feb 17, 2011 2:32 PM

Sep 2010
I'm getting a very Eureka Seven-esque feeling from this, which is not necessarily a bad thing. It's still hard to judge how this show will turn out but I really want it to be good and I'm drawn to it. Also: why can't funimation stream in higher quality? ugh.
Feb 17, 2011 2:39 PM

Jan 2010
This episode was made of ROFL moments.
Wafu~ !
Feb 17, 2011 2:44 PM

Mar 2010
Fundoshi is awesome. Red Fundoshi is even more awesome. It makes you three-times stronger. And I gotta appreciate Clain's taste for "unique" stuffs. :)

Feb 17, 2011 5:22 PM
May 2009
This episode confirms Clain is a pervert
Feb 17, 2011 5:52 PM

Mar 2010
Im soo glad Phryne and Nessa Are friends now,...i coulnt stop laughing when Clain and Phryne were in lots of inccidents xD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 17, 2011 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
i loin cloth? seriously?
Feb 17, 2011 6:43 PM

Jul 2010
Fractale, I missed you.

Phryne was back to her normal self in this episode; the way she was in the beginning of the show. It was nice to see she and Nessa are friends (again?). And I'm getting a bit sick of all the jokes Clain gets about being a pervert. Hopefully next week will have more plot developments.

And I'm loving the new ending song. It sounds so much better now that it's in Japanese; not to say that I didn't love it before, of course. Someone upload it on YouTube already~
Feb 17, 2011 6:50 PM

Apr 2010
Pretty nice episode.
I liked the fact that Nessa was fooling around with the system she is surprisingly childish for some reason.
The question is why is she so importuned for the Temple what is the reason why there after her and why does the group want to keep her around?
It probably has something to do with her ability to understand and hack those systems, but what.

Phryne must have had a pretty hard time that she was even considering ending it all, just makes me wonder what happened in that temple.
She adapted nicely at the end of the episode tho i guess she realized how foolish her thoughts where.
I also wonder why she came to terms with Nessa and why i went so easily the seemed to have a major fight about something before that.

Clain seemed to have a hard time at first and his treatment was pretty bad as well.
But he earned the respect of those around him and adapted to the things on board and from the looks of it he seems to be having allot of fun.
Those two lady's he was helping where so funny i really liked watching them the defenitly make for a nice mood.

From the looks of it the temple is close by and it wont be long before they start a new attack the question is when.
Feb 17, 2011 7:16 PM

Oct 2008
PseudoJordan said:
Well, I've come to the conclusion that in fact, this show is rather bland and crude after all.

I thought too that interesting premise + director putting his career on the line would equal at least something entertaining. So far however, the comedy attempts have been flat, the plot progression is abysmally slow and the pacing is off (a problem a lot of anime have).
Feb 17, 2011 7:26 PM
Feb 2008
Omniknight said:
PseudoJordan said:
Well, I've come to the conclusion that in fact, this show is rather bland and crude after all.

I thought too that interesting premise + director putting his career on the line would equal at least something entertaining. So far however, the comedy attempts have been flat, the plot progression is abysmally slow and the pacing is off (a problem a lot of anime have).

Agreed. Fractale is developing into a big disappointment, considering I've been expecting something good from a Noitamina show. It's incredibly bland and flat, and the humor is so horribly childish ><

Fractale is like Sora no Woto all over again. Will continue to be Slice of Life-Comedy with a few oh-so-touching moments here and there, to get a bit serious in the last 2 episodes and then have the whole conflict resolved and the world saved by Phryne and Nessa playing trumpet together ... err, I mean by singing a song ><

The only funny thing about Fractale is Phryne's lisping XD

I wonder if the OP/ED singer Azuma Hitomi is somehow related to the story creator Azuma Hiroki.
Feb 17, 2011 7:42 PM

May 2010
I'm completely content with this show, don't know why everyones complaining. Those women were kinda... strange, but why the heck was Clain wearing that? Also We got a new ED, not that I really even listen to most of the songs.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Feb 17, 2011 7:48 PM

Jul 2010
what a ghiblish...
felt a little disappointed such a daily life episode after 2weeks waiting.
....and jokes bombed.
and i dont think that casts were acting seriously.

though it was not so bad.
hum... how did that happen?
Feb 17, 2011 8:21 PM

Jan 2009
PseudoJordan said:

it is still too early to say that

as for this episode they tease us of what is the story behind Nessa and Phryne
Feb 17, 2011 8:27 PM

Jan 2010
I can't concentrate on the show when I keep thinking of Phryne's lisp.
Ok™
Feb 17, 2011 8:35 PM

Aug 2010
Well, it's good that they didn't drag out Nessa being gone. Other than that, not too much going on this episode because it was already known that there was connection between Phryne and Nessa.
Feb 17, 2011 8:46 PM

Feb 2008
the loin cloth was probably the best part...hahaha

this show seems interesting at times but it probably will have a lame ending.
Feb 17, 2011 8:53 PM

Mar 2010
Fun cute episode.. the loincloth crap was rather..disturbing though imho. Can't believe this is already about half way done already.
Feb 17, 2011 10:32 PM

Feb 2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode....

It was worth the wait and I look forward to more adventures ahead.

although...
Loin cloth= wtf moment o_0
Feb 17, 2011 11:00 PM

Aug 2010
Two weeks for a great episode, huh?
And hey, it seems we got even more questions incoming, right? It seems that the Nessa - opposite- Phryne isn't the real thing and now they're acting even like sisters...I wonder what caused a drastic change in Nessa's thoughts though.
Well, anyway, getting away from Clain's disturbing moments and small but funny moments, I really like the ending's new lyrics...they might represent what the characters are going through, anyway....
Feb 18, 2011 12:00 AM
Aug 2010
Does anyone understand what's supposed to be implied by the change from white->red underpants? I feel like there's some joke there that I'm not getting because it's based on some kind of cultural thing.
Feb 18, 2011 12:21 AM

Oct 2008
ios said:
PseudoJordan said:

it is still too early to say that

no it's not, we're practically halfway through
Feb 18, 2011 12:43 AM

Feb 2010
Kyubey said:
This episode was made of ROFL moments.

so true :D
Feb 18, 2011 12:59 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
McRib said:
I can't concentrate on the show when I keep thinking of Phryne's lisp.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one who feels this way.
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 18, 2011 1:33 AM

Sep 2008
Geh, it was quite the boring episode; the best parts were with those motherly-like ladies.
Nessa really is annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2011 2:41 AM

Jan 2009
And here I was so happy that Nessa wasn't around, and yet... I can't even remember his name.
Anyway, suddenly, there's Nessa all over the damn episode. I am disappoint.

Tch, needs moar Phryne.

Woah, suddenly, the ED's in Japanese, hurray! It's even kinda good in Japanese.
That horrible Engrish was killing me.

HawthorneKitty said:
Nessa really is annoying.
Finally someone who agrees that she's annoying ヽ(´ー`)ノ
OosranFeb 18, 2011 8:55 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 18, 2011 2:46 AM

Nov 2010
Quite a fun episode although it did feel like the story didn't progress much.

Those ladies are fucking freaky getting off on changing his loin cloth haha
Feb 18, 2011 5:13 AM

Dec 2010
Disappointing.

The more episodes I watch, the more annoyed I get.

I don't understand why anime creators just love to show the main male protagonist being slapped and kicked around like nobody's business. That's not even funny. If they use it as a running gag, it fails horribly (for my taste). Is this supposed to be cultural? That Japanese people laugh at this sort of thing...? It's a lot worse than plain stupid, and yet many anime tend to show this.

And I feel like slapping Phryne left and right.
I don't hate tsundere girls (as long as they don't go hitting people), but Phryne just very much annoys me. Nessa is so much better and pleasant to watch, but Phryne's character is just plain impossible. Being fine one moment and going all tsun the next, it's like a disorder!

I'll see how Clain acts the next episode. If he's still being kicked around, I'll officially dislike this series. Blah.
Feb 18, 2011 5:40 AM

Jan 2009
Is anyone else getting some Eureka 7 / Laputa vibes from this show with the airborne community?
ManInBlackFeb 18, 2011 7:35 AM
Feb 18, 2011 6:29 AM

Jan 2008
Getting worse and worse...and so much promise in the beginning. I agree with this show being crude.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Feb 18, 2011 7:49 AM

Aug 2010
His loincloth shall be red from now on!

Feb 18, 2011 8:01 AM

Nov 2008
Void_Seeker said:

And I feel like slapping Phryne left and right.
I don't hate tsundere girls (as long as they don't go hitting people), but Phryne just very much annoys me. Nessa is so much better and pleasant to watch, but Phryne's character is just plain impossible. Being fine one moment and going all tsun the next, it's like a disorder!

Agreed. I can't bring myself to like her at all, and those little moments between her and Clain, just irritate me. On the other hand Nessa is awesome, and the episode was a bit pointless, but it had its moments so w/e. Overall I like the anime, so I'll keep watching.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Feb 18, 2011 8:06 AM

Jun 2009
Two weeks waiting for Fractale and all we got was a not-really-interesting hide-and-seek game by Nessa?

I’m disappointed.

Phryne is the embodiment of a tsundere, but in the most annoying way. She hates Nessa, she loves her, she’s going to end everything and then she’s beginning her soft-attitude over again.

Also, Fractale’s childish gags are stale already. I can’t take it. We understood about Clain being a pervert, got nothing new to say? Seems so.

And what happened to the animation…? It’s getting worse and worse. Doppels are better designed than the real humans. I don’t even what to think what the hell that ‘collective dancing moment’ was.

We’re practically halfway and plot’s nowhere to be seen, there are plethora of questions and not a single hint for an answer and the pace is abysmal even for a slice-of-life (and this isn’t supposed to be one).
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Feb 18, 2011 8:20 AM
May 2008
ManInBlack said:
Is anyone else getting some Eureka 7 / Laputa vibes from this show with the airborne community?

Yeah it's really screaming Eureka 7 at me.
Feb 18, 2011 9:08 AM

Dec 2008
Nessa is too adorable!!
Can someone please throw Enri off the ship? She is annoying!
And what's with these anti-Fractale people thinking Clain is a pervert?
Feb 18, 2011 9:37 AM

Dec 2009
neji64plms said:
I'm completely content with this show, don't know why everyones complaining. Those women were kinda... strange, but why the heck was Clain wearing that? Also We got a new ED, not that I really even listen to most of the songs.
Agreed. I like the show it's very cute.
Feb 18, 2011 9:40 AM

May 2007
Bit of a calm episode. I liked it though.
mitamakingFeb 18, 2011 9:45 AM
My anime list
Feb 18, 2011 11:20 AM

Aug 2008
Feb 18, 2011 11:22 AM

Oct 2010
Like the worst opening sequence ever, the episode was ok, i still don't know where this anime is going though.
Feb 18, 2011 1:44 PM
Dec 2007
Kinda good episode despite the virtually non-sensic script. The atmosphere and characters sure are nice.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 18, 2011 3:21 PM
Feb 2010
Clain's loin cloth made me giggle. Especially when the two perverted woman were all "Well we can see that your a man." Hahaha

I laughed so hard when all of them were dancing. That shirtless guy made me laugh the most.
Feb 18, 2011 4:05 PM

Sep 2010
Has the animation always been this bad or was it just this episode? Or am I just insane?
Feb 18, 2011 4:48 PM

Nov 2009
MusashiRose said:
Loin cloth= wtf moment o_0

Yeah, that was kind of... unexpected... Truthfully, I even looked away at that part, I just sort of felt that it was for the best -_-'

I loved it when they all broke out in dance. The little girl jumping up and down was cute, and then the one guy came in dancing without his shirt on was hilarious!

Phryne and Nessa talked this episode, that is really good to see. I like seeing them all get along well.

I personally enjoy the pacing of this series, I have no complaints with the plot or comedy. Only thing I'm worried about is how the series will conclude, some series fall short near the end.
Feb 18, 2011 10:49 PM

Aug 2009
This episode has decreased my rating of (and expectations from) this show a bit. It's not like I'm oh so disappointed but I do feel that this show may not be as deep as most of the viewers, including me, had thought or at least hoped.
metamorphiusFeb 18, 2011 11:38 PM
Feb 19, 2011 12:27 AM

Jan 2009
I feel like the pace is slow-ish, but I'm really liking the atmosphere this show presents. Not too big of a fan of the random slice of life-ish thing, so hopefully the next episode's more eventful. Nice ED though.
Feb 19, 2011 1:52 AM

Sep 2009
lol weird undie xD
Feb 19, 2011 6:09 AM

Oct 2009
God am I in love with these characthers...

I'm gonna study this for my Extension English classes, fits with my area of study -- utopia/dystopia.

Can't wait for more.Pardon the double post (it's lagging... can't edit):

That ending... <3.
That loincloth... lol.
That Nessa... <3<3<3<3.
That Phryne... <3<3<3.

edit: merged posts. and you're getting a snarky comment for free: when you know it's lagging and going to double post, then DON'T post.
desolatoFeb 20, 2011 1:40 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2011 10:17 AM

Sep 2010
Didn't like this episode too much, it strayed a lot from the plot. Other than this episode, I've really enjoyed this show though.
Feb 19, 2011 10:59 AM

Aug 2009
Its a good thing Nessa isn't voiced by Kugimiya Rie. It would be pretty annoying.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.