Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2011 4:02 AM

Jan 2010
Why do I have that feeling that Madoka will become a Puella Magi almost at the end of the series....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2011 4:06 AM
Oct 2010
garfield15 said:
I think that might be because of the whole "I just saw the person I looked up to get her head ripped off and devoured" thing. I would probably think twice about it too.
I agree, i don't understand why some of you are getting impatient with madoka making rational decisions, presumably delaying her becoming a magical girl by wish. You state that she isn't brave enough? As someone already pointed out she saved those that were trying to commit suicide. She sees the risks involved (death, a different life altogether) in becoming a magical girl and is making an rational decision, like a human being. However, this is my first look at the magical girl genre, so if im missing out on something here please tell me!
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:43 PM
Jan 28, 2011 4:12 AM

Sep 2010
This show is very awesome, Sayaka in Knight Mahou Shoujou was pretty cool, Madoka and Akemi becoming friends it could be cool, and like in the first post, when Akemi is helping madoka to shoot with the bow I think it seems that Akemi's gonna teach her how to be a good Mahou Shoujo. And... Zombies!
Jan 28, 2011 4:18 AM

Mar 2009
Stellar show is Stellar!

I just love how HQ this show is!
I haven't watched a show that they put this much into in a while!
If ever.

Kyoko seems win, can't wait for the Kyoko/Sayaka fight next ep!
Hopefully she won't die to.

I'm gonna be so pissed if Madoka doesn't wish Mami back, SHE WAS THE BEST CHARACTER!

Sayaka w/the sword was nice, but a sword?
Come on, compared to Mami's Magic Musket Act!, the sword just fails imo!

I just hope Madoka's is better!

By far the best show of the season, probably the whole year!!

Urahara Out!!
Jan 28, 2011 5:28 AM

Feb 2009
This is probably my favorite episode thus far.
Kajiura's music really adds to the atmosphere of the show.Her moodily creepy tracks work well with some of the more visually stunning scenes.

There were some things that irked me though.Those would be: the QUALITY animation(it wasn't as noticeable as in the other episodes though) and the unintentionally funny scenes.

Madoka's insecurities were more than welcome.
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Jan 28, 2011 5:35 AM

Oct 2010
Hold your horse and smell the roses, I got something interesting to think about. Taking a passage from this source: http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Lords_of_the_Nine_Hells_-_Lords_of_the_Nine/id/1728484 "a blue-white citadel" What color is Sayaka's attacks? What color were Mami's guns? Blue and White TBH Interesting enough that both of the magical girl's tools or attacks were of that color when it is those exact colors that are composing Mephistopheles' home. Hmmm, more food for though. Also the site mentions that Mephistopheles is the second strongest and waged war to be #1. Failing but nonetheless he tried.
Aversa said:
That's interesting thinking and I have done some research about Mephistopheles apparently he wants power and total control. Problem with this episode is that they included city rulings, which means there other cities who are ruled by Magical Girls. I think it just complicates things less this city is the last of the cities that have yet to be conquered itself.
Yumekichi11 said:
Starting with Madoka, it's obvious her suffering was made clear on many occasions such as suddenly crying at the table eating with her family, crying with Sayaka, even at Mami's place when she visits and with the serious conversation with Homura. They even emphasized at how empty she feels through.
Aversa said:
Like i said last week i think her wish will be to revive Mami or at least involve her since Madoka is very emotionally attached to her and because of her promise. She was in deep shock last episode after Mami's death and she is very emotional now.
Indeed and also Homura mentions that Mami would have appreciation for that, in a way she just encouraged Madoka indrectly but also interestingly enough to counter that she says that kindness can be your downfall. It's true it even happened to me IRL. You are too kind and you get abused, used and end up having shit happen to you. In other words you are too open.
Yumekichi11 said:
Next point is the witch herself. Now it's obvious that the message that is sent has something to do with suicide being led by evil itself. That's rather interesting because Japan has a problem with suicides since a while now. Although I think Hitomi is cute, she is nonetheless marked by a witch and the symbol looks like some nicotine patch. I think the biggest mistake anyone evil person can do is mass people gathering that attracts attention. Especially in a isolated place like a sea port at night. I know this method of suicide, it's meant to create fumes that will kill you. Good thing Madoka remembered what her mom told her and threw the bucket out the window.
Aversa said:
Japan has the highest suicide rate in the world. And i heard that group suicides happens there pretty often tho this is not something unique to Japan i heard of such a case ones before here in Europe. Only ones tho. The strange things about this group suicides is that either they tend to be a cult or they are complete strangers that meet on the internet to make arrangements for such suicides. Using Chlorine gas as a suicide tool doesn't seem like a pleasant death tho it's rather effective.

Once again that's right and I think they tried to remind that rather well in this episode along with evil being associated to it.
Yumekichi11 said:

Her powers are rather interesting since she has high agility and might be able to project slash waves that are blue. I like her hero getup. So I guess the wish comes through right away since Kamijo's hand got healed. Although I think it might not be permanent. I also like
Aversa said:
I didn't like Kamijo's expression like you mentioned he was either brainwashed or working together with Kyuubei judging be his expression.
And how will he explain that miracle recovery since medical science cant cure it.
Well in general in hospitals miracles are believed so they will leave it at that most likely.
Aversa said:
Like you mentioned the Beethoven reference was nice but ten seconds latter they made a Debussy reference who was also a great composer. Which actually a pretty good reference at that scene as the music Debussy wrote was strongly depended on his emotions and state of mind.
That's rather interesting when you link it to Kamijo's state thereafter listening to it.
Aversa said:
Resulting in pieces that could be very calm and joyful and other being very wild and aggressive. Which actually described that scene pretty well.
^Exactly as I mentioned before.
Yumekichi11Jan 28, 2011 5:45 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 28, 2011 5:35 AM

Nov 2007
Oh, crap! SHIT JUST GOT MORE REAL.

Jan 28, 2011 5:39 AM

Nov 2009

The rest will come up later

nerdyguyJan 28, 2011 6:14 AM
I hate myself. That is my philosophy.
Jan 28, 2011 6:47 AM

Jun 2009
I don't know why but I really hate Kyuubei for some reason. Same goes to Kamijou. He doesn't seem to appreciate what Sayaka is doing.

Jan 28, 2011 7:30 AM

Nov 2009
nerdyguyJan 28, 2011 7:40 AM
Jan 28, 2011 7:48 AM

Sep 2010
Madoka being scarded to be a Mahou Shoujo, after witnessing Mami's death....
This is the most realistic situation and This episode had it....

No Resurrection of dead people..... I LOVE IT....

btw What are those people (under witch's curse) mixing in that basket... (two liquids...)???
Jan 28, 2011 8:14 AM

Feb 2009
Wtf!? Only 12 episodes. NUUUUUUUU!!!
Jan 28, 2011 8:17 AM

Nov 2009
twonline said:
Madoka being scarded to be a Mahou Shoujo, after witnessing Mami's death....
This is the most realistic situation and This episode had it....

No Resurrection of dead people..... I LOVE IT....

btw What are those people (under witch's curse) mixing in that basket... (two liquids...)???
Read this: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199909093411115

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_happens_when_you_combine_bleach_and_ammonia|

TL;DR: Bleach, NaOCl and ammonia, NH3, react to form forms of chloroamine gas that could kill.
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:45 PM
Jan 28, 2011 9:02 AM

Jan 2010
What a cool show.

In addition to the great story, there are lots of little moments that contribute to my getting hooked.

★ Hitomi's stint as a cultist.
★ Madoka's memory of her mother telling her, "Please don't make that mistake."
★ Madoka's courage in taking action with the cult.
★ And most of all, after the battle was over, Sayaka's simple response to Madoka when asked what she'd done. She'd just saved her friend but her words were painful to hear.
★ Then Homura stewing over the sudden development.

I feel that I've climbed aboard a rocket sled with this show, and now, can just hold on tight and see where it takes me.
Jan 28, 2011 9:13 AM

Nov 2009
Looks like rivalry will also be a big problem here.

This anime is getting better and better.

eizeral said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm beginning to wonder why this show is called MAHOU SHOUJO Madoka Magica, because I have yet to see Madoka become a frickin' magical girl. I heard this show is supposed to be only 12-13 episodes (god I hope that's wrong) and Madoka still has yet to become a f**king MS after 4 episodes? Wtf! Okay, becoming a mahou shoujo is a big deal, we get it!! But seriously, enough is enough! If she's not a mahou shoujo by the fifth episode, I'm done with this anime. It's reaaaally bugging me.

Apparently not all protagonist just jumps into battle despite of all the odds. Madoka just saw Mami being killed right in front of her.

This not your typical mahou shojou where the heroine just fights head on and wins.
Jan 28, 2011 9:14 AM

Jun 2009
So Sayaka used her wish for Kyousuke. But what would happen if after being released from hospital he becomes successful violinist and forgets Sayaka?.. It could happen...
Also, I'm happy to see Madoka and Homura talking to each other. Homura is definitely right. People love using other people's kindness. I know that. :(
PerlaNemesisJan 28, 2011 12:14 PM
Jan 28, 2011 9:32 AM

Jul 2010
and now i'm laughing my ass off for those people who keep nagging in the episode 3 forums about madoka wishing for mami's revival saying that the plot is too predictable and wasted, and thank god because they've been made fools now for believing so.
Urobuchi is reading the viewers' minds as if he's predicting what you'd expect and pull off some other stunt, too bad he is just starting in the anime industry that's why he is not yet well known in this side, but his superb skills as shown in his works in NITROPLUS have truly made his pen name Urobuchi Gen = "deep and dark abyss", well known in the visual novel and light novel world. ^^
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jan 28, 2011 9:49 AM

Nov 2008
God, I love the background music. It's just so beautiful. Can't go wrong with Yuki Kajiura.

As far as the episode's concerned, it was quite uplifting. Might not be crap after all, but I don't have my hopes up.

Jan 28, 2011 10:05 AM

Nov 2009
AmberFebruary said:
and now i'm laughing my ass off for those people who keep nagging in the episode 3 forums about madoka wishing for mami's revival saying that the plot is too predictable and wasted, and thank god because they've been made fools now for believing so.
Urobuchi is reading the viewers' minds as if he's predicting what you'd expect and pull off some other stunt, too bad he is just starting in the anime industry that's why he is not yet well known in this side, but his superb skills as shown in his works in NITROPLUS have truly made his pen name Urobuchi Gen = "deep and dark abyss", well known in the visual novel and light novel world. ^^

Oh so that's the meaing of his name. That's quite an interesting combination then. An artist who likes cute and artistic stuff and a writer who writes dark themed stories.
Jan 28, 2011 10:55 AM

Mar 2008
I love this serie xD. It's hilarious how you think this is a cute little magical show. When the truth is there: HORROR, DEATH, BLOOD \o/

Awesome.

And I am sure Kyubey is a witch... an evil witch ¬¬. Still thinking Mami will come back to life through a wish from Madoka... D:

Anyways shitstorm incoming xD
Jan 28, 2011 11:11 AM

Sep 2009
It just keeps getting better.
Jan 28, 2011 12:37 PM

Nov 2010
eizeral said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm beginning to wonder why this show is called MAHOU SHOUJO Madoka Magica, because I have yet to see Madoka become a frickin' magical girl. I heard this show is supposed to be only 12-13 episodes (god I hope that's wrong) and Madoka still has yet to become a f**king MS after 4 episodes? Wtf! Okay, becoming a mahou shoujo is a big deal, we get it!! But seriously, enough is enough! If she's not a mahou shoujo by the fifth episode, I'm done with this anime. It's reaaaally bugging me.

Oh yeah. After seeing my friend getting her head bitten off, I'm going to do the same thing she's doing without thinking it over first. I don't know if she'll make a contract but it'll be a twist if she didn't.

You know, I'm still not convinced that Kyuubei's completely evil at least not as evil as a witch. I'm seeing him as the lesser of two evils. Fraust reference aside, I'm pretty sure this is his reasoning: Yeah, he's forming contracts with girls and making them fight witches and having them die as a result but it's probably better than leaving the witches unchecked and having countless people committing suicide. Plus, the girls at least have a fighting chance. A lot probably died by becoming a magical girl from Kyuubei but more probably could've died if a witch is left alone.

And yes, Kyuubei isn't good either. We still don't know his true intentions, yet.
Madcat_ZamJan 28, 2011 12:41 PM
Jan 28, 2011 12:43 PM

Aug 2009
Is there anything to indicate that a mahou shoujo's wish becomes undone when they die? Like, what if Sayaka eventually dies while Kyosuke is performing at a concert to celebrate his miraculous return, then suddenly his hands go broke. That would be pretty horrible for him...

Can't really tell with Mami's death since it's implied that she wished "to live" because she was dying from the car accident, so it's ambiguous if it was perhaps undone upon death.
Jan 28, 2011 12:57 PM

Jan 2011
Everything about this show is so amazing! Kyubey is so creepy though, when he appeared in the window in the hospital room it was really eerie.
Jan 28, 2011 1:39 PM
Jul 2010
daultimate said:
I don't like how Kyuubei is always conveniently there. Hm. Oh well, new character. And pretty good episode.

Yeah, I found it really creepy when Kyuubei showed up in the hospital window. I really don't like how he takes everything too lightly. And that only gets worse when I look at his never-changing smiling mouth and hear his always-happy voice.

I found the developments pretty interesting. I liked the talk between Madoka and Homura and I'd like to have some knowledge of the later's past. I'd love to know what she wished for upon becoming a Mahou Shoujo. Also, don't you find it strange that Kyuubei doesn't recognize her as "owning" the territory? Mami died, and Homura - who seems to be pretty experienced as a Mahou Shoujo - had already transferred to that school yet he still says that other Mahou Shoujo would take the vacant territory briefly. (Well, maybe that has to do with Homura trying to kill him back in episode 1...).

Anyway, Sayaka became a Mahou Shoujo and she was actually pretty badass there! I loved to see it. I don't really like her outfit though. Not bad but not good either. I think we'll finally get to know something more about the nature of the wishes and whether they're fully granted or instead they're twisted.

I think Madoka was pretty brave and considering the situation, I'm happy she didn't make the contract yet. It only makes everything more realistic. I mean, she just saw the person she looked up to die in front of her as a result of having chosen that life. Of course she's not gonna do the same without thinking it through. Either way, have you noticed the hospital looks the same as the buildings in the dream she had in the first episode? Considering how Kyuubei was trying to persuade her into making a contract with him in the dream, I think it was kind of a premonition and that will be the time she'll actually make the contract. I'm just speculating here though. No other proof than the buildings.

This anime has been a pleasant surprise for me so far. And thinking I wasn't even gonna watch it! If it wasn't for a friend's recommendation and the news thread about Uroubuchi apologizing for misleading the audience I wouldn't have started it. As of now I can say I regard it as the best anime of the season.
Jan 28, 2011 1:58 PM

Jul 2008
daultimate said:
I don't like how Kyuubei is always conveniently there. Hm. Oh well, new character. And pretty good episode.

I am not saying Kyubey is not evil or the devil or anything, but you could also look at it from another angle. He could have been recruiting Puella Magi for who knows how long to fight witches. If he has been doing this for like centuries or something, he probably doesn't get too attached to the next girl that will fight a few witches than die.
Jan 28, 2011 2:06 PM
Nov 2007
nerdyguy said:

Jan 28, 2011 2:27 PM

Sep 2008
Okay, information's piling up. I feel like I can make a few predictions now (as if that's not an exercise in futility with SHAFT involved)

1. Kamijo knows that Sayaka is responsible for his hand. His belief in unknown magic and miracles, as well as his knowledge of a girl who's head over heels for him having mastery of said arts, causes him to become a reckless jackass. He treats everyone like crap, takes sayaka for granted, and gets distracted by enjoyment of his new mobility rather than rededicating himself to his music. Finally he messes up and breaks his hand again. Begs Sayaka to do her miracle again. She tearfully tells him that she only had one of those. Both parties are miserable.

2. Whem Madoka makes her contract it will not be a happy occasion for celebration. Poor girl's gonna snap after seeing one too many tragedies and take it out on everyone. It will be bloody and messy and no one will survive.

garfield15 said:
Does anyone else fucking love the Morning Rescue commercial?

Yes, but I want to know what it tastes like. "a citrus-flavour hypotonic drink for morning refreshment and hydration" with no fruit juice. Doesn't even tell me what kind of citrus, let alone if it tastes natural or not.

Sayaka is... Damn. Hurts to watch. Perfect example of the youthful sense of immortality leading to terrible terrible decisions. Her very mannerisms show that she doesn't fully comprehend what she's done. No way she's making it through this.

Edit: just checked episode three. In regards to whether today's monster of the week was a witch or a familiar.
Madoka: But there was no Grief seed.
Kyuubi: That's because it was just a familiar spirit that split from a witch. It didn't have a grief seed with it.
Madoka: So that wasn't a witch...
Sayaka: It seems the Witches keep getting away.
Mami: Even so, you can't just let their familiars go. They can turn into the witch they split from.

So today's monster of the week was indeed just a familiar, but it had the potential to one day become a witch.
GanglerJan 28, 2011 2:39 PM
Jan 28, 2011 2:44 PM

Aug 2010
Can't expect anything less from Shoujo Madoka, which I personally see as the best anime this season. :]

Jan 28, 2011 3:22 PM

Oct 2010
nerdyguy said:

-The splitting of Madoka into several pieces and absorbing them into the television; I personally believe it is the fragmentation of soul into different souls and thoughts into different thoughts. (taking into consideration that the assumption here is that a soul is not a single entity but made up of different fragments of "itself").

I agree it seems to be and so it can even go as far as to represent that the soul can have mutated changes in it personality.
nerdyguy said:
-"I don't like fools; I dont want to work". I have read the wikia site, but at this point of time, done shallow analysis on this and I do not know the meaning of this. And yes, that book is interesting.
I though about it and came to a conclusion. "I don't like fools" can be seen as obeying people and followers that are smart enough to follow without asking questions. "I don't like working" can be seen as being lazy and having followers. The witches so far are obvious in their intention to have all the minion do their work but this one particularly only wants to have them do all the work and none himself.
Gangler said:
Ok so I guess that clears up this thing being a familiar but still WTF is it in the spoiler?
Yumekichi11Jan 28, 2011 3:35 PM

Jan 28, 2011 4:00 PM

Dec 2009
This anime deserves at least 24 episodes, would be a shame if it turns out only to be 12 ( or 13 ) episodes long.

Didn't expect this show to be so good ^^
4,5/5
yuno6.jpg
Jan 28, 2011 4:09 PM

Jun 2009
I dunno it's a good thing or not...
But, I never watch Mahou Shojo series that have this "dark atmosphere" before...
Jan 28, 2011 6:01 PM

Apr 2007
I'm glad I picked up this show. Everytime they go into the other world I feel like I'm on ACID!

Jan 28, 2011 6:04 PM

Jan 2010
Another fun thing about the episode is that the background scenery as Homura and Madoka cross the bridge at sunset looks strikingly familiar -- it reminds me strongly of Bakemonogatari.
Jan 28, 2011 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
Mockman said:
Another fun thing about the episode is that the background scenery as Homura and Madoka cross the bridge at sunset looks strikingly familiar -- it reminds me strongly of Bakemonogatari.

Shinbo Akiyuki was the director of both. so there might be some scenes that will look similar.
Jan 28, 2011 6:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Iisan-kun said:
Don't worry... I think plenty of people have disliked him since the first episode...
...because he is the DEVIL INCARNATE.

You kidding? Kyubey is an awesome character. I am tired of those lame self-justified heroes with friendship, love blah blah. Need to have a "evil prevails" story seriously. Where is my balance? So to compensate for that, I will side with the "evil" this time.

Kyubey is too shallow so far (unfortunately). Homura is the smart one that knows really what is going on. That explains why she wants to kill Kyubey. In terms of "good vs. evil" (a term I always laugh at), Homura would fall into the "good" category.

Good thing that Sayaka is going to die. Need to torture annoying Madoka a bit more.
desolatoJan 30, 2011 2:48 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 28, 2011 6:25 PM

Nov 2009
cstle said:
nerdyguy said:

Interesting. Thanks for pointing another alternative. Will read the technique later in detail. But H2S poisoning seems to be very effective here
Jan 28, 2011 6:30 PM

Dec 2009
Awesome development to an Mahou Shoujo.
It's the bBest show this season.
Jan 28, 2011 6:47 PM

May 2008
what was wrong with Hitomi? why does she want to die hmmmm? And this is really creepy hehe. Madoka should just hurry and become a mahou shoujo =.= she could totally stopped them from commiting suicide alot easier if she did

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 28, 2011 7:43 PM

Jul 2010
the death group creeped me out in this ep, that witch brainwashing them to kill themselves. I freaking love this anime
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jan 28, 2011 8:17 PM
Jun 2010
New girl sounds exactly like Kirino from Ore no Imouto. Probably same voice actor.
Jan 28, 2011 8:31 PM

Jan 2011
If anyone is interested, here is the full op with the download link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkwLDuC_fEc
Jan 28, 2011 8:44 PM

Aug 2009
Maguspk said:
New girl sounds exactly like Kirino from Ore no Imouto. Probably same voice actor.
Nope.

It's one of Shaft mainstay; Nonaka Ai from Sayanara Zetsubou Sensei - Fuura Kafuka. It was long time since I heard her voice, so I was very pleased.
Jan 28, 2011 9:16 PM

Jun 2010
Another great episode. This series is awesome so far, anyways.
For some reason Sayaka annoys me though...
Jan 28, 2011 9:49 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

I love how you organized into sections so people can understand the points clearly. Really appreciate your effort though.

However, are these facts where it is proven to be true or are these just theories that you came up with from your head??

Either way, I believe that your points are true and I want to keep it that way until the show ends. It's better than reading other people's dodgy theories they came up with...
chococya96Jan 28, 2011 10:02 PM

Jan 28, 2011 10:57 PM

Jul 2009
Someone posted a theory somewhere about Kyubey, instead of being evil, is a solely single-minded creature. The only thing that matters is forming contracts. I'm not sure which I believe more, but if I had to say, the single-minded Kyubey would scare me even more than he does right now.
Faust has also been mentioned in reference, so I'm wondering if he has something to do with that- according to wikipedia, "He decides to call on the Devil for further knowledge and magic powers with which to indulge all the pleasure and knowledge of the world. In response, the Devil's representative, Mephistopheles, appears. He makes a bargain with Faust: Mephistopheles will serve Faust with his magic powers for a term of years, but at the end of the term, the devil will claim Faust's soul and Faust will be eternally damned."
What if Kyubey is, in a way, represents Mephistopheles instead of the devil himself? A mere henchman? And getting contracts is some sort of survival tool, or something that boosts status? I'm not sure since it's a long shot, but thought I'd get it out.

I enjoy his character a lot though, even if it's purely for the fact that he is the scariest thing I've seen in anime for a while. That unwavering gaze where he doesn't blink, how he shows up when you're most vulnerable and pushes contracts. How that seems to be all he's interested in. He can get into your mind, and from another theory, possibly influence/control you (ie. influencing Kamijo's emotions, which I thought was a great speculation). Either way, everything he says creeps me out, and every time he shows up on screen I get the chills.
Jan 29, 2011 12:25 AM

Jul 2009
Hmm.. I think she's going to use her wish to bring back Mami but I wonder when is she finally going to transform.

However, I do like the approach they did by stalling her transformation, it just makes me more eager for more.

That sword finisher wasn't as flashy as Mami, oh well, rookies.
Jan 29, 2011 1:10 AM

Nov 2009
I miss Mami's fighting already :'(
Wow, this was a really creepy episode with that attempted mass-suicide. Bah that evil Kyubey, turned Sayaka over to the dark side Dx
Jan 29, 2011 2:00 AM

Oct 2010
chococya96 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
chococya96 said:
I love how you organized into sections so people can understand the points clearly. Really appreciate your effort though.
Thank you!
chococya96 said:
However, are these facts where it is proven to be true or are these just theories that you came up with from your head??

Some are proven facts and some are speculations, it's really up to each one's view. I came up with them as of what I know and accumulated as knowledge + I have a father with 2 PhDs and over 2000 book collection.
chococya96 said:
Either way, I believe that your points are true and I want to keep it that way until the show ends. It's better than reading other people's dodgy theories they came up with...
OK but make no mistake, things may change and so will have to be my speculations.
staticphrase said:
What if Kyubey is, in a way, represents Mephistopheles instead of the devil himself? A mere henchman?

In fact he is a henchman towards the ruler of hell himself, Asmodeus also known as Satan/Lucifer.
staticphrase said:
And getting contracts is some sort of survival tool, or something that boosts status? I'm not sure since it's a long shot, but thought I'd get it out.
I think it's merely to get more people involved in the whole game and cycle. Survival tool? Only if Kyubey works for the lord of hell himself and he asked all this of him.
staticphrase said:
He can get into your mind, and from another theory, possibly influence/control you (ie. influencing Kamijo's emotions, which I thought was a great speculation).
That's exactly right! Usually devils have those powers, that is mind and situation manipulation.

Jan 29, 2011 2:13 AM

May 2009
hahah at first I hated this show but now, im excited to see next episode because I know someone else is going to die soon. MOAR BLOOD PLS MOAR!!

bTW I like Kyuubei , hes the devil indeed
And I'm glad Mami Tomoe is dead! I hated that bitch!

Next week : Sayaka's head xD

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.