Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 14, 2011 8:25 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, it looks like Roland's Pandora mode has a special ability of healing the damaged clothes, while Satellizer's Pandora mode has a special ability of stripping the opponent's clothes, including the pantie. -_-

Anyway, I'm dropping this show. It feels like another version of Queen's Blade to me...

Jan 14, 2011 10:26 PM

Oct 2010
This was one of those raging episodes for me like it was in the manga. Although at the end it was ecchi fantastic the way they showed the ass and tits of Bridgette with her touching herself while thinking of Kazuya.

Roland probably got my hate in the manga first since I read through all this episode, second is that bitch in the preview that I will hate next for as far as I am in the manga but if they do it right, we will find ourselves cheering when something happens in the next episode manga readers you know what I am talking about. Ecchi still top notch and blood effects too.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 15, 2011 2:29 AM
Jun 2008
Kazuya Aoi is now officially in my top 10 hate list
Jan 15, 2011 2:30 AM

Dec 2007
Finally Bridgette activated her Pandora mode :) Nice episode.
Jan 15, 2011 4:45 AM

Sep 2008
Leave it to Mamiko Noto to strip her opponent with one move.
It hurt me to see Mamiko Noto getting killed though...

Kazuya is really annoying though. Get away from Mamiko Noto already. =/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2011 4:48 AM
Mar 2009
Wtf? Whats with the lame pandora mode? In the manga pandora mode = new suit... Here its just a blue glow

LAME! This had the potential to be the next Claymore and instead its becoming the next Queens Blade... What a waste
Jan 15, 2011 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
MorningGlory said:
Kazuya Aoi is now officially in my top 10 hate list

The hell you caring about Kazuya for. It's all about the Pandora. He's not even used in the promo art after all.

Anyway, fucking great episode.

BTW, I was never fond of the korean manga's Pandora mode. It all felt out of place to have battle armor.

The anime is actually somewhat decent at following the plot of the manga. Sure it's not entirely faithful but so far it's doing a good job adapting the first handful of chapters.
removed-userJan 15, 2011 5:19 AM
Jan 15, 2011 5:07 AM

Dec 2007
As manga reader I must say that i am really disappointed....not only that they dont go by manga where it was much better done....but they also make from this some stupid striping anime.......after watching this I must say that i rly hate those ppl in japan for making it like this.....Kazuya Aoi and Satellizer should have diffrent voice-actors....someone already said it but why the hell when Genessa entered Pandora mode had her clothes restored but Satellizer not?....the only reason i can think of is another bad decission of staff....but what i hated most is that they made Pandora Mode that way....i dont understand why autors alowed it that way....it should be cool looking armor not some glowing aura...whit hair turning white.....i was fearing this when i saw preview.....but rly....waste of good manga.....dont think i will watch another ep.....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jan 15, 2011 5:09 AM

Apr 2010
What the...?!?!!? Where is super-ultra-cool black suit?!?!?! That wasn't Pandora Mode. They glowed like Christmas Tree!! :(
Tits, tits and tits I want more blood.
Jan 15, 2011 5:37 AM

Dec 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Roland probably got my hate in the manga first since I read through all this episode,

Yumekichi11 said:
second is that bitch in the preview that I will hate next for as far as I am in the manga but if they do it right, we will find ourselves cheering when something happens in the next episode manga readers you know what I am talking about..

Though the first part will be hard to swallow...

On another note - Kazuya is somewhat annoying (especially his behavior towards Satellizer before the second fight with Roland), dunno if it is the tone of his voice or something else but I hope it wont continue or he might end up like Raki from Claymore - a character that was quite likable in the manga but ended up as total anoyance in anime.
KarharotJan 15, 2011 5:42 AM
New profile design sucks.
Jan 15, 2011 5:38 AM

Jan 2010
This is too stupid, dropped.
Jan 15, 2011 6:19 AM

Jan 2008
Where is the real Pandora Mode? -_-

Haven't actually watched the episode yet, but since I know they change something so major from the manga I'll probably just stick to the manga ^_^
Imperial_ThunderJan 15, 2011 6:23 AM
Jan 15, 2011 6:33 AM

Nov 2010
Very dissapointed as I love the manga. This felt very slow and dragged out, the action scenes could have been a lot better also. Also too many cheap ecchi shots, dont get me wrong I love ecchi but sometimes it felt forced.

Il keep watching it, if it wasnt for me liking the manga I would drop this.

I hope it improves
Jan 15, 2011 7:04 AM

Sep 2007
Ok ...
That is REALLY bad ...
Jan 15, 2011 8:09 AM
Sep 2009
grklein said:
This is too stupid, dropped.

this. lol
Jan 15, 2011 9:28 AM
Apr 2010
so amazing i expected nothing less
Jan 15, 2011 9:36 AM
Oct 2008
I actually kind of like the first episode, but the second episode was just...painfully horrible on every level imaginable. Kazuya is like someone driving a spike into my skull over and over and the effect he has on Bridgette is like a second person driving another spike into my skull, only this time it's on the other side. Dropped, deleted, and forgotten, and not quickly enough. I never want to watch another episode of this garbage.
Jan 15, 2011 10:31 AM

May 2010
I thought the Pandora mode is cool from what I heard but they just glowed. lol

Also, I'm really looking for gore + violence but what we get are stripping clothes :/

They failed my expectation. I don't know if I'm gonna continue this or not.
Jan 15, 2011 10:55 AM

Jul 2010
this is really one strange anime, i will watch the next two episodes or so and if it isn't getting better i will drop this
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Jan 15, 2011 11:02 AM

Nov 2009
it's a nice anime , thou I started to read the manga first : )
Jan 15, 2011 11:05 AM

Jul 2010
Ok, so why is it that Satellizer is the only one of the Pandoras who wears a granny dress as oppose to others who wore short dresses?

By the way......I WISH I COULD DO WHAT AOI IS DOING, AND THAT IS GETTING BETWEEN SATELLIZER"S BOOBS.
yeo
Jan 15, 2011 11:05 AM

Sep 2007
They ruined Pandora mode in favor of excessive fanservice? Typical move. Looks like the anime is proving far inferior to the manwha after all. Kazuya looks and sounds like a total pussy in the anime too. I guess it's his voice that's making him look like a loser. I can't see Sattelizer with Mamiko Noto either. I was expecting a more sharper badass voice for her instead.
Jan 15, 2011 11:29 AM

Aug 2010
Nice mix of action and fanservice (although others don't agree).
Jan 15, 2011 12:12 PM

Jun 2009
Too...much... fanservice. It makes the battles ridiculous.

Oh well, not that I didn't expect it.
Jan 15, 2011 12:15 PM

Jun 2009
Kazuya is by far one of the most retarded leads I have seen.
Someone tells him that the girl is referred to as the untouchable queen and what does he do? Grabs them not once or twice but THRICE!
AidanAK47Jan 15, 2011 3:30 PM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 15, 2011 12:34 PM

Sep 2009
I love it when people who haven't read the manga and don't know what it's like (or any of Im Dal Youngs) and are surprised at the fanservice.

People, Young-sensei (don't know what they call a korean Mangaka) is notorious for fan service. Everyone of his services has something in that like.

Anyway, What the hell is up with the Pandora mode?! in the manga it's this armor like thing but in this it's glowing. Even I have to admit that not right.
Jan 15, 2011 12:51 PM

Dec 2007
komic said:
I love it when people who haven't read the manga and don't know what it's like (or any of Im Dal Youngs) and are surprised at the fanservice.

People, Young-sensei (don't know what they call a korean Mangaka) is notorious for fan service. Everyone of his services has something in that like.

Anyway, What the hell is up with the Pandora mode?! in the manga it's this armor like thing but in this it's glowing. Even I have to admit that not right.

but even manga didnt have that much funservice.....adn that part where he touched her was made up too if i remember correctly.....and this way it just turned to be much stupider......i could even take all that.....i could get used even to wrong choise of voice actors for Satella and Aoi.....but that Pandora Mode nearly made me cry....i will continue to watch it....hope it gets better......but from OP and ED i think they want to put nearly all manga that is translated to just 12ep anime.....and that nearly always turns to be bad move....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jan 15, 2011 12:59 PM

Nov 2009
Well the only good part was finding out who his roommate was. I laughed. I was not impressed by the really long fight really. The part where the girl thinks "it is impossible" (omg not again) for the previous #1 to activate pandora sparkly mode highlighted the ridiculousness.

Had higher hopes.
Jan 15, 2011 1:22 PM

Jun 2010
Well....they did it....they DESTROYED pandora mode.....this pissed me
off....>__<
Jan 15, 2011 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
Wasabi said:
I can't see Sattelizer with Mamiko Noto either. I was expecting a more sharper badass voice for her instead.

Well Mamiko Noto did a good job providing Masane's voice as both human and powered up forms in Witchblade. She sounded badass there.
Jan 15, 2011 1:48 PM

Dec 2007
I don't know if I have to drop this...
I'll decide that with the third episode.
Jan 15, 2011 1:51 PM

Oct 2010
Frostwake said:
Wtf? Whats with the lame pandora mode? In the manga pandora mode = new suit... Here its just a blue glow. LAME! This had the potential to be the next Claymore and instead its becoming the next Queens Blade... What a waste
I will agree with that, they could have made the suits as good as they were with the ones the Dogs had in Asobi anime.
Karharot said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Roland probably got my hate in the manga first since I read through all this episode,
If you checked my list you would know that I am around in the beginning still.
Yumekichi11 said:
second is that bitch in the preview that I will hate next for as far as I am in the manga but if they do it right, we will find ourselves cheering when something happens in the next episode manga readers you know what I am talking about..
Karharot said:
Though the first part will be hard to swallow...
If you mean the next episode's fight, the beginning of it? Then yeah it will really be frustrating when it happens until a key event happens.
Karharot said:
On another note - Kazuya is somewhat annoying (especially his behavior towards Satellizer before the second fight with Roland), dunno if it is the tone of his voice or something else but I hope it wont continue or he might end up like Raki from Claymore - a character that was quite likable in the manga but ended up as total anoyance in anime.
I agree with that, it may become so. That will be dissapointing with Kazuya should they make him like that and offer no gar progress but that may change next episode towards a better character improvement of Kazuya.
flyingeagle666 said:
Also too many cheap ecchi shots, dont get me wrong I love ecchi but sometimes it felt forced.
I agree that too but ecchi sells and the same shit was done with Seikon no Qwaser so no more surprise for me in regards to that.
Yumekichi11Jan 15, 2011 3:05 PM

Jan 15, 2011 1:55 PM

Apr 2009
If the next episode will be as bad this one, then fuck - I'm dropping it.

Jan 15, 2011 2:01 PM

Oct 2009
StormViruz said:
I thought the Pandora mode is cool from what I heard but they just glowed. lol

Same here xD
Jan 15, 2011 2:08 PM

Oct 2010
Oh yeah before I forget,my favorite pose of Satellizer. Pretty bad ass if you ask me. Roland's specs, looks like she has a smaller bust.
and more chibi Satellizer, which the art for is cute at the end of each episode
Yumekichi11Jan 15, 2011 3:06 PM

Jan 15, 2011 2:12 PM

Apr 2010
I enjoyed this that bitch was put at her place and she will most likely get kicked of her first spot next Carnival.
I wonder what the new girl will do to Aoi in order to get him.
And i am pretty curious about the relationship between Stabilizer and Aoi.
I am also wondering how Aoi will get along with his roommate since he is the Limiter of Roland.
And what will Hiragi have for influence to the story it's obvious she will have some kind of importuned role.
komic said:

I have to agree on the fan service.
This this has allot more fan service and violence then Kurokami his previous work that was also turned into a Anime.
And the Manhwa that i am currently reading of his also contains less fan service and violence.

Even tho i didn't expect this much fan service i surely am enjoying it, can't wait till next week.
AversaJan 15, 2011 2:23 PM
Jan 15, 2011 2:31 PM

Sep 2008
I love it when people who have read the manga have to bitch about everything just because it's not adapted 100% from source material.

Do yourself a favor and don't watch it. You'll bitch about it next episode anyways.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2011 2:54 PM

Apr 2010
Great anime so far. The people who said they'll drop the anime will probably end up watching it still. Episode 2 was interesting it makes me want to see episode 3 honestly. The pandora mode was underwhelming even though I haven't read the manga but hopefully the plot line will make up for that in future episodes.
Jan 15, 2011 3:01 PM
Dec 2007
Extremely cliché and boring second episode. The first ep was kinda cool but I'm on the verge of dropping it after the second one now, strange stuff.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 15, 2011 3:47 PM

Sep 2010
Well that was a fun filled episode.
Jan 15, 2011 4:09 PM

May 2009
where the hell's my Pandora Mode??? this is what Twilight made to Vampires ;O; they shouldn't be glowing >w> Pandora Mode's supposed to be a kick-ass battle armor >O< If they dont pull ch 3 right (cuz i REALLY want to watch that scene ~¬~), im dropping this -_-
Jan 15, 2011 6:19 PM

Jun 2010
Darn, they changed the anime again. Pandora mode is not about glowing, jeez. I wonder how many changes they are gonna make, since the anime seems to be going to another direction.

And TC, Freezing is not like Queen's Blade. It may have fanservice, but it has more, mainly after volume 5.
Jan 15, 2011 6:28 PM

Apr 2008
was there a need to strip a person just to beat someone o-olll

Jan 15, 2011 6:53 PM
Apr 2009
Freezing manga = amazing

Freezing anime's 1st episode = GOOD

Freezing anime's 1st episode = WTF??

That sums it up right there. The first episode was actually good and I have no clue how things went south so fast.

Pamdora mode is a glow? LOL...wow. Its like they put no effort in at all for this episode. And I have to agree on the fanservice. It felt too forced and too lame.

I'll probably give the anime 1 more episode to see if things improve.
Jan 15, 2011 8:29 PM
Aug 2010
Not too bad of an episode but its too much like Queens blade =_= Lol the only thing thats keeping me from dropping this is the slight hope of romance. If its gone, then theres no reason >_< Characters are good though, but would be way better if aoi kazuya is stronger or have special powers.
Jan 15, 2011 9:02 PM

May 2008
i wont say i like this anime alot but at least its not boring guess ill watch a little longer

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 15, 2011 9:46 PM

Nov 2008
AidanAK47 said:
Kazuya is by far one of the most retarded leads I have seen.
Someone tells him that the girl is referred to as the untouchable queen and what does he do? Grabs them not once or twice but THRICE!

It's perfectly fine, after all he is the main character and main characters are truly the untouchable ones. If he wants to touch Satellizer, then Satellizer will allow it. It's not because of some sexual aura that the plot came up with, it's because he's the main character.

Anyways, it looks like the fanservice really did arrive, but i'm still not bothered by it. I admit it's ridiculous, but I'm still enjoying the hell out of this show! maybe it's because of Satellizer. I don't know, I've kind of grown attached to her. She reminds me of Saber from FSN, only with bigger jugs.

Jan 15, 2011 10:10 PM

Sep 2009
Wow, those were all very lame reasons to do all that fanservice. xD Anyway, beyond all that the plot seems interesting so far. o: The next episode looks promising as well.
Jan 15, 2011 10:30 PM
Jul 2008
Wait, I thought we were supposed to discuss the anime in this threads, since no one really cares if you guys dropped it or not. You can just do it silently and it'll have the same effect.

Ah yes, more blood woudl've been awesome. Also, a bit slow, I feel like a lot more could've happened, since this is only 12 episodes.
NachoteeJan 15, 2011 10:35 PM
Jan 16, 2011 12:22 AM

Nov 2010
*Sighs*

Fight was good, but three complaints that turned me off alot...

1. Why are the two male characters the most irritating pieces of s*** ever? Seriously I wanted to punch Aoi in the face for his stupidity and it seems like Arthur is no better.
2. What happened to the damn gore? I'm not a huge fan of blood and guts, but the thing that impressed me last episode was seeing how dangerous those weapons and Novas can be. Girl getting her leg blown off, another with her arm torn off, a lot of the girls getting their necks slashed... Apparently slicing through someone with a big f***ing sword means her clothes just rip off.
3. Pandora mode looks ridiculously stupid. Why are they going into Super-Saiyan poses? Such wasted material that had the potential to look badass.

At least Sattelizer is awesome, taking on Ganessa while injured and I thought that she would defeat Ganessa even with her Pandora mode if it wasn't for Aoi. Also thought she looked badass with just one eye.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kiba1996 - Feb 25, 2011

96 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 18, 2011

94 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Feb 12, 2011

78 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 4, 2011

99 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 21, 2011

127 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.