Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2010 8:03 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Edward Scissorhands much? Anyway, the nipple... I mean ripple energy is so awesome!! >.<
Sep 28, 2012 7:45 AM

Feb 2008
So he disconnected his joints to increase his reach... Cool...

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 2, 2013 10:52 AM

Jun 2012
Jojo is kicking some *sses. Nice to see him getting stronger, but I want to see his master in action.
Mar 28, 2015 9:31 AM

Aug 2014
Alipio said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Edward Scissorhands much? Anyway, the nipple... I mean ripple energy is so awesome!! >.<

Lmfao. xD That guy popping up was awkward.
Apr 10, 2016 1:25 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Pretty fun training, even if it's a bit dragged.

4/5
May 6, 2016 5:32 PM

Aug 2014
Haha yeah, that servant of Dio really did appear out of nowhere.
Jul 11, 2017 1:28 PM
Mar 2015
A wild Chinese Guy appeared.
crocodileman94Jul 12, 2017 6:26 AM
Dec 18, 2017 6:25 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Jojo learned Hamon finally!!
Feb 14, 2018 5:46 AM

Jan 2018
crocodileman94 said:
A wild Chinese Guy appeared.

Jojo used Ripple Punch and it's super effective!

Apr 29, 2018 10:11 AM

Feb 2017
Feels like we'll start getting regular fights soon.
May 10, 2018 4:02 AM

Dec 2015
Do all vampires do those weird screams? Lol.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 5, 2018 9:15 PM

May 2016
One week passed and very little change occured but when another week passed after that dislocating Zoom Punch demonstration, Jonathan was nearly unrecognizable for a moment with those scars. It also might've had something to do with his hair being brown all this time as opposed to the anime.

When Chen made his timely appearance, he ended up being a punching bag for them to try out the Zoom Punch lmao

Dec 2, 2018 5:41 AM

Feb 2013
Zeppeli's story is too sad, poor guy.
Sep 5, 2019 5:41 AM

Jun 2016
Some things are still unclear, Zeppeli did say that Jonathan was fated to fight against the mask before and I'm not so sure what that means. He had also said that he would have taught Jonathan everything even if he refused. So I think this goes past Zeppeli trying to look out for somebody that he knows will be targeted, and even then I think it goes past him feeling that he will need an ally in this upcoming fight. Is he fated to partake in this battle because of his connection to Dio or could it be something more than that?

Jonathan has a good reason to form an Allegiance with Zeppeli. He knows more than Jonathan, and like Jonathan put it, they have some similarities in their background. Both of them and their interest in archaeology ended up unleashing the mask into the world. The mask in turn would then threaten and kill those that they are close to, like their fathers as well as everyone else around them. Past that both of them feel a sense of responsibility over this, both of them are dutiful and will push themselves to get rid of such an evil force in the world. Zeppeli’s story was quite sad, most likely the mask was activated through accident and somehow it was used which created the slaughter of Zeppeli’s archaeology group, he was the sole survivor. Coming from that I can totally understand the guilt and sadness that he would feel that was shown through his shivering and crying. That's good motivation to not let this happen again. I particularly liked that horrifying moment in his backstory where he was trying to pull his crewmate off the ship only to look back and see that he was holding a severed arm. All of a sudden with stakes like this, with decades of research and training and searching, I hope that Zeppeli can fulfil his mission. It’s somewhat remarkable how carefree and happy Zeppeli can act when this is what he’s carrying on his back. It reminds me of Jonathan as well in his ability to keep moving forward and to not let his emotions hold him back from liking the simple things and his friendships.

What's especially good is that all the information is on the table now. What Zeppeli studied was why sun rays would destroy the monster created by the mask. They got more into its explanation which I don't want to try and think about too hard, but ripple energy and power from the mask are latent abilities that use these waves. Another case of this is the sun itself, and the reason the sun will eviscerate these monsters is because it's overpowering the waves created by the mask with its own waves. I hope I got that right, I think we actually saw after Jonathan extended his joint, which is quite cool itself, that Dio’s zombie felt a burning pain. What that suggested to me was that Jonathan may actually be able to make Dio feel pain now. Perhaps a sign of inflicting tangible damage? I'm also curious about Jonathan's training regimen, he agreed to join up with Zeppeli but we didn’t get to see the actual training he did past learning a breathing rhythm. He had scratches all over him and a headband. I also think Zeppeli suggested that ripple energy has to be maintained with composure as he suggested that it’s “very sensitive to mental distress”.

Edit: The panel of Zeppeli floating in the ocean for days, waiting to be rescued, and after losing everything was one of my favorites this second read through. How horrific, after living through an experience like that, to be left alone with your own thoughts for days. As my friend beautifully put it: "This panel coveys such a reflective feeling. His life is nearly destroyed only for him to find something more important to fight for.
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsJun 6, 2020 11:40 AM
Nov 24, 2019 12:54 AM
Jul 2018
Training, sad backstories, weird Chinese zombie guy with scissor hands, yup. Jojo feels like it is right at home now. Only took 20 chapters to get there.
Jan 28, 2021 6:23 AM

Sep 2011
Now Jojo has a new power to battle against Dio. By Zeppeli's past, its clear that the mask turns people into evil. I know Dio was a evil person before putting the mask, but I wonder if Dio becomes even more evil by using the mask or he was always like that.
Jul 19, 2021 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
ViniSD said:
Now Jojo has a new power to battle against Dio. By Zeppeli's past, its clear that the mask turns people into evil. I know Dio was a evil person before putting the mask, but I wonder if Dio becomes even more evil by using the mask or he was always like that.

I feel like he was always like that. In spite of his backstory, he did a lot of unforgivable and messed up things. If anything, I think the mask only enhances his evil.
Nov 10, 2023 3:41 AM

Apr 2020
To separate his joints is honestly kinda insane

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 44 Discussion

TuzoAnime - Apr 4, 2010

41 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 8:10 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 43 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 28, 2012

15 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 8:07 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 41 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 28, 2012

15 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 7:54 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 38 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 28, 2012

17 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 7:49 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 35 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 28, 2012

20 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 7:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.