Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 24, 2010 8:17 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Still continues...

Summary
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 24, 2010 11:09 AM

May 2010
Kuroko!!!!!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 24, 2010 12:26 PM

Oct 2010
seriously, i already forgot what happened in the whole ep besides the last part where they fought^^
Dec 24, 2010 2:34 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, seriously a lot of dialogue in this episode. I guess we do get a good explanation of how the St. Peter's Cross artifact functions, but seriously over half the episode took place over a cell phone conversation. Definitely way too dialogue heavy.

Dec 24, 2010 2:57 PM

Nov 2008
Needs more Oriana vs Touma.

Dec 24, 2010 7:49 PM

Jul 2008
This is a long arc.
Dec 24, 2010 7:55 PM
Dec 2009
Not even sure what is going on anymore coz of all the dialogue o_o
Nice ep though. Looking forward to the next one.
Dec 24, 2010 7:58 PM

Jan 2010
If only this were live action,
How enticing would Oriana be aye?
^^
And,
GarLogan78 said:
This is a long arc.

Also, is Index going to wear cheerleader uniforms and other costumes the rest of this season? LOL
Dec 24, 2010 8:35 PM

Apr 2010
I am so... confused on what's happening. Jeez, I'm an idiot.

Dec 24, 2010 8:38 PM

May 2010
Sucrose said:

Also, is Index going to wear cheerleader uniforms and other costumes the rest of this season? LOL

I hope so.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Dec 24, 2010 8:42 PM

Jun 2008
Confucius said:
Kuroko!!!!!

Kuroko has really good tastes...

Kracksickles said:

Don't worry you're not the only one that feels this way...

Of course as soon as the LN readers start to comment, maybe they can clarify a little better.

Index has a big problem of not clarifying and properly explaining the plots of their arcs, sometimes it becomes annoying such as this arc.

So, apparently the Cross is supposed to have some sort of power and Ms. BIG TITS is going to use it for evil deeds...that's it, I guess.
Dec 24, 2010 8:57 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ugh.

Kracksickles said:

Are we watching the same show?

alexcampos said:

So, apparently the Cross is supposed to have some sort of power and Ms. BIG TITS is going to use it for evil deeds...that's it, I guess.

Once again, are we watching the same show?

So it's a bit longer than expected. So it's probably going to end in the next episode though...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 24, 2010 9:23 PM

Feb 2008
not much fight scenes.. - 3/5
Touma again with his nonsense speech... - 3/5
Last Order(voice only) - 4/5 (too bad she didn't actually appear)
Orsola - 4/5
Fukiyose - FUCK YEAH!! 6/5
Komoe-sensei/Stiyl moments - 3/5
Oriana hitting Touma - 4/5

overall, the episode was quite boring, except for the fight scene, Orsola, and Fukiyose Seiri...
Dec 24, 2010 9:38 PM

Jan 2008
It's too bad a better episode wasn't made available. I'll have to rewatch the last bit of it since it got cut off, but this looks like it's going to get intense. I mean, Touma was coughing up blood at the end. Probably the most brutal fight he's ever been in.

I do feel bad for Index though. What with Touma having to keep her out of the loop.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 24, 2010 9:55 PM

Feb 2008
kevin_video said:

I do feel bad for Index though. What with Touma having to keep her out of the loop.

i think it was mentioned in some previous episode that Index must kept away from the mess Oriana is doing.. i just couldn't remember why..

but yeah, i also feel bad for Index.. going trough all the trouble of wearing loli cheerleader costume yet Touma isn't giving her much attention... poor Index..

it's times like this that I want Index to bite Touma...
Dec 24, 2010 10:09 PM

May 2008
More talking in this episode but i guess thats what To Aru is famous about their awesome speeches

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 24, 2010 11:00 PM

Oct 2009
Where is Touma's punch???
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2010 11:01 PM

May 2009
There was a bit of talking in this episode but it's nowhere near the levels seen in season 1. Interesting that Oriana turned out to be a decent fighter, taking it to both Touma and Stiyl. I'm liking the parents more and more.
Dec 24, 2010 11:44 PM

Sep 2007
alexcampos said:

I wouldn't necessarily call what they're trying to accomplish "evil." Just a very warped sense of justification. Oriana and Lidvia even felt remorse for getting Himegami injured.

And seriously, wtf Touma? Is he really that simple minded and stupid? I was expecting some self righteous dribble coming out of his ass but really? It was even worse than that. LOLOLZ I WONT LET YOU RUINZ THE FESTIVAAALLLL. Really? REALLY? Apparently Touma is too dumb to see any big picture other than what he sees in front of him. This show has too many needlessly useless characters too. Loli sensei is just infuriatingly annoying and Himegami has no significance whatsoever anymore. Hell, even Index is losing significance. She's been completely useless for how many episodes now?
Dec 24, 2010 11:58 PM

Jan 2010
DoubleDango said:
It needs a build up. We all know Index is famous for "MOTHER FUCKIN' EQUALITY", but we can't hit women every episode now can we? That's definitely abuse.
You need one of those last ditch sprints at the enemy with a huge power up where you fuck their nose up and shit (e.g. Accelerator charging at that teleporter with tornado wings)
Dec 25, 2010 12:36 AM

Feb 2010
Toaru majutsu no Touma-speech
Dec 25, 2010 2:06 AM

May 2010
Kuroko sure is scary coming after mikoto's mom like that !!

Dec 25, 2010 3:03 AM

Feb 2010
talk no jutsu hitting index critical.... what a boring ep.
Dec 25, 2010 3:05 AM

Apr 2010
Sartaj said:
Any way for those confused about the cross, basically wherever they plant it has the power to turn that area into Catholic territory, but like all large scale spells in the Indexverse, there's certain stipulations for such a large spell to be used(this is an overly simplified summary, but it was already explained in full detail throughout this arc, people just have short attention spans). This episode explained what those stipulations for the use were, as well as the Catholic church's aim. Whether or not it's evil though all goes down to an opinion. And while I agree with Touma that the church taking over Academy City would be a bad thing, his reasoning for it is something I can't agree with and I personally think he has his priorities in a mess.
I don't agree with his reasons either.
But what matters is that he manages to stop the Roman Catholic Church from using that cross.
And i disagree more with the reason for the Roman Catholic Church to use that cross then i disagree with Touma's priority's.

The Roman Catholic Church is forcing there opinion and believes upon everyone in Academy city under the excuse that it will bring them happiness and salvation.
But how can they decide that being part of there religion will bring a person happiness and salvation?
It's up to a person him/herself to decide what brings them happiness and salvation and it's up to him/herself what they believe.
Others can't decide this for them and can't force there own believes upon them no matter how they look at it.
Dec 25, 2010 4:05 AM

Feb 2008
YEX said:
Kuroko sure is scary coming after mikoto's mom like that !!

seems like anyone who looks like Biribiri awakens Kuroko's inner lesbian.. XD
Dec 25, 2010 4:23 AM

Nov 2010
Hm I wanted to point out how Oriana looked more curvacious with her last outfit in earlier discussions. Good to know she cared about harming a civilian.
Ah Kuroko being her creepy self. Dammit Mikoto why don't you just go lesbian already?! Most males are jerks anyhow! You two were born for eachother! Grab the chance before she finds another oneesama to grope!
Dec 25, 2010 4:46 AM

Jun 2008
RocknRollOtaku said:
Dammit Mikoto why don't you just go lesbian already?! Most males are jerks anyhow! You two were born for eachother! Grab the chance before she finds another oneesama to grope!

Lol, so very true...

I wouldn't mind seeing Mikoto go YURI, it really is a good match.

and I'm not just saying that to be a crazed fanboy, most of the time I support boy x girl couples, but Touma is just to "average" for Mikoto, not to mention that Kuroko would literally do anything for her beloved Onee-sama.
Dec 25, 2010 4:55 AM
Nov 2009
MY GOD TOUMA = IDIOT

oh yes the cross of peter has the power to make the church reign anywhere and is about to be used any moment now,
BUT WAIT touma doesnt care about all that because THE GOD DAM FESTIVAL IS GOING TO BE RUINED. And given that they said he has about 25 minutes good job talking for a long time.
Dec 25, 2010 4:57 AM

Feb 2008
RocknRollOtaku said:
Hm I wanted to point out how Oriana looked more curvacious with her last outfit in earlier discussions. Good to know she cared about harming a civilian.

in the previous episode, i began to hate Oriana for what she did to Himegami...

now, as she felt regretful of what she did, i realized she actually has a soft side...

but still, she deserves a punch from Touma... just hope our main character would have some real fight next ep, instead of having long crap monologues...

and yeah, Oriana looks sexier and hotter in her previous outfit..

Oriana in that outfit + her voice + Fukiyose = paradise.. XD

XyCo said:
MY GOD TOUMA = IDIOT

oh yes the cross of peter has the power to make the church reign anywhere and is about to be used any moment now,
BUT WAIT touma doesnt care about all that because THE GOD DAM FESTIVAL IS GOING TO BE RUINED. And given that they said he has about 25 minutes good job talking for a long time.

yeah... talking nonsense when he has little time left, and caring more about the goddamn festival than anything else...

earlier i just rewatched some parts of season 1's Deep Blood arc, Touma vs. Izzard...

surprisingly, Touma back then is quite a badass... at least he can do some maniacal laugh and put up a fight against his enemy...

now, Touma is just a scumbag... the worst main character i've ever seen...
agent535Dec 25, 2010 5:03 AM
Dec 25, 2010 7:54 AM
Nov 2009
yea seriously well i watched the ayako subs and from their translation he pretty much said what bothers me most IS YOUR USING THE CROSS TO END THE FESTIVAL

YES because its being used to end the festival, not because it takes control of the peoples heart and minds and eliminate the science side and what not... i actually cringed as i watched that speech. its like the writers dont care about touma anymore.

(well if the ayako subs are off and i am misinformed then i will fully retract my statement lol =P)
XyCoDec 25, 2010 10:36 AM
Dec 25, 2010 11:15 AM

Oct 2009
Dec 25, 2010 11:21 AM

Jun 2010
DoubleDango said:

Damn it Touma you were supposed to make up for the fail on the last episode!!!!
Dec 25, 2010 1:30 PM

Aug 2008
Man this is getting so dumb. Here's the inherent problem with this anime that is a problem for 90% of all anime/manga. The main character is a one-trick pony and the climax is always the same.

Like in Bleach, Touma has one formula: get his ass kicked by the villain no matter who it is, until the very end when he somehow dodges everything he couldn't before and lands a single punch that somehow does the villain in. How many times have we seen it already before? Why can't Touma be the stronger from the get-go for once?

Touma learns no new skills, doesn't get any smarter and is always a pathetic underdog. I mean this chick is kicking his ass!!! Not a lot of people give Naruto credit, but at least Kishimoto has gotten away from that same-ol, same-ol formula. If this anime is to get any better, Touma has to step up, because this is getting too boring. Literaly, there's no reason for me to be interested in the story-line because I already know what's going to happen. The only changes are the faces and the mystical religious object that they need to get rid of.

Ugh. The formula must be destroyed!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Dec 25, 2010 2:10 PM

Mar 2009
Slow plot is slow. Actually too slow :/
Dec 25, 2010 2:52 PM

Dec 2009
Fuck all the other things

Important festival is important XD

I hope for some good action in the next episode ^^
yuno6.jpg
Dec 25, 2010 3:08 PM

Mar 2010
I'm starting to feel bad for poor Catholics. Sure they've done lots of wacky shit through the history but this season's amount of crazy Catholics planning world dominance has gone through the roof.

Japs shouldn't write about stuff they don't know anything about (I'm not Catholic btw). Bit about St. Peter choosing the day he died was pretty hilarious too.

This arc has been utter shit from start up to this ep. This was the first halfway decent ep.

RUNNING RUNNING RUNNING the arc.

And Touma's reasoning...how retarded was THAT?

Load of crap.

Yes I am a bit mad
Dec 25, 2010 6:35 PM

Nov 2009
"You think you can convience me with a half-assed speech?"
^ QFT. His speech as as bad as the one he gave to Index to get her to go away; which i still can't believe she took easily.

So much trolling, they like to get my hopes up expecting accelerator or biribiri to show up.
(Good 7/10)
Dec 25, 2010 6:37 PM
Mar 2010
To all the people that think this arc is long: this arc is 2 volumes long, so expect it to be long.
I really don't mind his speeches as much as the rest of you do, though I don't like it either. The best part, if not, the only good part of this episode was Kuroko and the Misakas.
Dec 25, 2010 7:19 PM

Feb 2008
mcjazzman32 said:

Like in Bleach, Touma has one formula: get his ass kicked by the villain no matter who it is, until the very end when he somehow dodges everything he couldn't before and lands a single punch that somehow does the villain in. How many times have we seen it already before? Why can't Touma be the stronger from the get-go for once?

Bleach you say?

oh yeah... perhaps the only difference bet. Touma and Ichigo are hair color and their power... other than that, nothing more...

both of them makes a lot of crap speech instead of just beating the hell out of the villain...

Xardie said:
I'm starting to feel bad for poor Catholics. Sure they've done lots of wacky shit through the history but this season's amount of crazy Catholics planning world dominance has gone through the roof.

Japs shouldn't write about stuff they don't know anything about (I'm not Catholic btw). Bit about St. Peter choosing the day he died was pretty hilarious too.

i'm a Catholic, and somehow I've gotten used to all the shit the Japanese make about Catholicism that's as wrong as Dan Brown..

all they've been talking about St. Peter is wrong, except for the fact he was indeed crucified in the place where Vatican is today...

herox3 said:
To all the people that think this arc is long: this arc is 2 volumes long, so expect it to be long.

i believe this is the first arc in the light novels that's more than one volume long (2 volumes)...

and so I already expected it to be one damn long arc...

well, the subsequent arcs are also quite long, which makes me believe a third season is very much possible..
Dec 25, 2010 7:43 PM

Nov 2007
wow can this arc end already it's getting boring. would be better if it focused on the daiheisei and Misaka but no we get a really long drawn out chase and battle. the good thing is there hasn't been much Index.
Dec 25, 2010 8:06 PM

Nov 2008
Xardie said:

Well, I'm a Catholic and I was kinda pissed when they made Catholic church bad since the nun arc though I'm impressed about making a good storyline with biblical stuffs involved especially the Latin language (lol im contradicting myself xDD)
I really can't tell if Peter really died on June 29 since that's his feast day... The upside-down cross was portrayed as well even though it's a sword o.o

I find it hilarious when they try to made Japan Catholics xDD That should be Touma's reason.. not the festival =. = He doesn't want to be baptized lol

herox3 said:

Yea, the producers of this show are indeed having a good job in squeezing into a few episodes. Some people are confused because of the not-highlighted important details or they just have no attention span or they just want touma's punch xDD or...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 25, 2010 9:03 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah it is quite long and it was a little boring. Wainting for the next episode.
Dec 25, 2010 9:48 PM

Jan 2010
Why is there so much QUALITY this time around? It looks terrible..I generally expect a high quality work out of JC Staff. This is unacceptable..I guess they're just being lazy since Index prints money and people will buy it even if it looks like something my cat threw up.
Ok™
Dec 25, 2010 10:18 PM

Nov 2010
Well so much for that episode scratch one more out of 24, but i think its about time that this little battle among the churches end (from a catholics point of view), and move on with the story that everyone wants to see.

But instead they keep putting it off this next week and next week, hopefully the next episode will end this arc once and for all so that we can get something new and refreshing.
Dec 25, 2010 10:25 PM

Feb 2008
UTW subs' comment on this episode:

Fuck logic, punch bitches.

XD
Dec 25, 2010 10:29 PM

Jul 2008
Quite interesting really the "Roman Catholic" depiction in this anime. Considering that the Japanese killed Catholics that didn't fight back in the 1600s, and that the Anglican Church separated from the Roman Catholic Church because the English king can't get a divorce from the pope...
Dec 26, 2010 12:41 AM

Sep 2010
This arc has dragged on a little long for me. I want more Misaka and Kaori to appear.
Dec 26, 2010 1:26 AM

Sep 2009
I was looking forward to a nice punch, or if Misaka had followed Touma and ended up helping out (maybe she did follow him...).
Dec 26, 2010 2:08 AM
Jul 2009
McRib said:
Why is there so much QUALITY this time around? It looks terrible..I generally expect a high quality work out of JC Staff. This is unacceptable..I guess they're just being lazy since Index prints money and people will buy it even if it looks like something my cat threw up.

It seems that they're having severe scheduling issues this season. Milky Holmes was apparently way behind schedule too, although that team managed to make it work given the simplicity and rough style of the show (also had some renowned animators do a nice job on short notice).

Pretty much means that they've had to rush through episodes to meet the broadcast date.

Another possible issue that some have pointed out is that the excellent animators who worked on Season 1 just aren't available. By chance, Index was done at a time when a load of talent was available for hire, but most of them are now tied up on other shows (for other studios, etc.). Consequently, the animation just isn't going to be as good, and a lot more time is required to fix people's mistakes.

My hope is that Geneon will delay the DVDs to give the studio time to fix the worst bits, but we'll see.
Dec 26, 2010 2:42 AM

Feb 2008
i believe next episode, there will be new OP/ED...

plus, considering it's going to be the climax of this arc, and judging by the previous season, and also in Railgun, there might be an insert song next episode...

just guessing... hehe...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.