Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2010 8:03 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Accelerator is so strong even after becoming his current status!!

Summary
tsubasaloverNov 19, 2010 8:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 19, 2010 8:20 AM

Jul 2010
aqwsdefthujikolp;@:
4/5
Nov 19, 2010 8:53 AM

Jul 2009
lol i somehow get a feeling that Index II is a little bit hostile to women.
Last time Touma punched Sister Agnese in the face and this time badass Accelerator..
More to come?!

Nonetheless super exciting, Misaka Misaka reports.

Nov 19, 2010 8:58 AM

Aug 2009
Woo, accelerator finally shows up :o poor girl, even she didn't deserve to gt punched THAT hard :p. Well, this episode wraps up the arc, and I have to say, kuroko did a pretty good job.

I'm still kind of surprised they crammed this arc( which was an entire novel in the original series) into two episodes. It worked out rather well though, so no complaints here.

Next arc is about the sports festival and stuff. Can't wait >:D

Nov 19, 2010 9:11 AM

Oct 2009
oh my god, that was simply awesome! But yeah, this season feels like a complete guide about "how to punish women and return them to the kitchen". I can't wait for the next episode: my favourites ones from the novel (゚∀゚)

My complete 'review' here
chalcoNov 19, 2010 10:05 AM

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Nov 19, 2010 9:17 AM

Sep 2010
Next arc will be 9th, Daihasei festival. Moar Misaka, entering Misaka Misuzu and blonde magician )
2e16nig.png
Nov 19, 2010 9:18 AM

May 2009
Hell yeah, now that's what im talking about! Yosh! Now this arc is finish, the next one is DAIHAISEISAI! Woohoo!

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Nov 19, 2010 12:11 PM

May 2010
Last Order's voice is still bothering me.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 19, 2010 12:54 PM

Dec 2007
wow. such a crazy punch into the face O.O I guess her nose is completely broken...
Kanade-chanNov 19, 2010 1:00 PM
Nov 19, 2010 1:29 PM

Nov 2008
Accelerator is really strong despite being handicapped, and that lady deserved Accelerator's badass punch for shooting Kuroko (it was justice and not uncalled for at all), simply underhanded that was. Index needs to stop biting Touma for real, its getting on my nerves. This season has a tendency for characters to go batshit insane without much warning (I understand Accelerator going batshit insane constantly but it's everyone else I'm talking about). It's like every bad guy has a yangire streak all of a sudden.

Nov 19, 2010 2:17 PM

Oct 2010
zimno said:
aqwsdefthujikolp;@:
4/5

Holy shit! O_O Big ass bleeding! Major violence towards Awaki. Nose broken and most likely she will have deformations IRL should it have happened, no, better yet broken bones most likely.
Lelouch_X said:
lol i somehow get a feeling that Index II is a little bit hostile to women.
Last time Touma punched Sister Agnese in the face and this time badass Accelerator..
That's exactly the problem! Kuroko should have gotten her revenge. Accelerator had not much to get back at Awaki at least not as much as Kuroko. This in turn brings stupid groups like "Equality Now!" more reasons to beef against ethics in Japanese soils.
fanoultimatev2 said:
But yeah, this season feels like a complete guide about "how to punish women and return them to the kitchen".
I don't think beating them up is the way at all. Abuse of men towards women is so wrong because they will never be equal in muscle power. That's why I feel strongly once again to have let either Kuroko or Misaka get revenge for Kuroko handling Awaki. Terrible! Whoever gets a kick out of the violence and blood of this is not cool. Whoever does get happy due to revenge for Kuroko is fine with me.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 19, 2010 2:37 PM

Aug 2009
It was fracking epic. Best episode in the season so far no doubt.
Nov 19, 2010 3:04 PM
Nov 2009
Lol I feel so bad for Awaki for getting punched by Accelerator, that was one hell of a bunch LOL.
Nov 19, 2010 3:06 PM

Sep 2007
Really? Did they just stick Touma into the arc for the sake of him being the main character? He did absolute shit. Fuck Touma, and Misaka, and Index, and whoever. Accelerator should be the main character.
Nov 19, 2010 3:07 PM

Jan 2009
Dat OP, still so awesome. Definitely this season's best one. There's no room for arguing about it.
fanoultimatev2 said:
oh my god, that was simply awesome! But yeah, this season feels like a complete guide about "how to punish women and return them to the kitchen".
Pretty much sums up my thoughts. As well as the occasional lulz that it gave me.
Why is Accelerator so awesome? It's like he can do whatever-the-fuck he wants with his ability~ : D

Still raging at Kuroko Arai Satomi though.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 19, 2010 3:16 PM

Dec 2009
Accelerator made this episode for me

I think he is even more awesome now^^
yuno6.jpg
Nov 19, 2010 3:16 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Really? Did they just stick Touma into the arc for the sake of him being the main character? He did absolute shit. Fuck Touma, and Misaka, and Index, and whoever. Accelerator should be the main character.

Accelerator will always >>>>>>> Touma. Why? Amazing evil laugh, amazing powers that are God like and he saved a cuter loli than index was.
Oosran said:
Dat OP, still so awesome. Definitely this season's best one. There's no room for arguing about it.
Except for those who never got the FLAC or MP3 of it.
Oosran said:
Why is Accelerator so awesome? It's like he can do whatever-the-fuck he wants with his ability~ : D
Correction! He can do whatever-the-fuck he wants with his ability~ : D except against Touma's imagine breaker, that's why the punch he gave Awaki should be a revenge against Touma for season's 1 humiliation that he received. Now imagine, imagine and imagine Touma getting hit like that by Accelerator, would anyone be happy?
Yumekichi11Nov 19, 2010 3:23 PM

Nov 19, 2010 3:35 PM

Aug 2008
Woah, woah hold the hell up. Accelerator is awesome but Touma will beat that frail ass again if he has to. There's a reason he just got the 1# spot of the top light novel characters recently. I swear some people...

Anyways, that was freaking awesome as hell! first Agnesse and now Awaki, man so much violence towards woman.
KenjuNov 19, 2010 3:57 PM

Nov 19, 2010 3:37 PM

Jan 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Now imagine, imagine and imagine Touma getting hit like that by Accelerator, would anyone be happy?

I would love that, Touma is the lamest character ever, his constant preachings are boring as hell.

Wasabi said:

For some strange reason, he is the main character, so they need to make him look like he isn't totally useless.
Nov 19, 2010 3:37 PM

Nov 2008
Accelerator FTW, and yeah, the womans are getting the worst punches lately. I don´t know if it is because I don´t remember well the season 1, but isn´t this season more bloody than the first? I have that feeling

Excellent episode with the final of the arc.

grklein said:
For some strange reason, he is the main character, so they need to make him look like he isn't totally useless.

If it weren´t for Touma and his Image Breaker Kuroko would be probably dead you know... he isn´t totally useless...

Removed quote chain.
desolatoNov 25, 2010 12:46 PM
Nov 19, 2010 3:48 PM

Sep 2009
haha Accelerator falcon punched Awaki....pure win!

and is that misaka's mom i saw in the preview?

my body is ready :3
Nov 19, 2010 3:55 PM

Nov 2009
Agreed. Touma has played such an unimportant roll and we are 1/4 the way through.
Accelerator definitely has the most personality and causes the coolest fights. I really have to go back and watch them from first season.

Not a bad episode: While i was the most excited during the OP, the teleporting fight was the next redeemable thing. I don't know why i was shocked when Kuroko got shot, but my jaw dropped. Maybe because it was odd to see a real weapon be used, or revenge at her narrating Ookami. Then the disappointment that it wouldn't matter set in.
(Very good 8/10)
Nov 19, 2010 3:56 PM

Oct 2010
DuroDeMatar said:

Although I agree with that, it makes Kuroko look like she can't do things without Touma, same goes for Misaka on certain occasions in regards to that. In other words Touma is downgrading the worth of other characters somewhat. Well maybe Kuroko will be more grateful to Touma since he saved her from here on.
Yumekichi11Nov 19, 2010 4:00 PM

Nov 19, 2010 3:58 PM

Apr 2009
OOOOOH MY ACCELERATOR!! AWESOME EPISODE!!
VECTOR PUNCH, IT SOLVES ANYTHING.

So good, I started laughing like a maniac at the Acc's part.
Nov 19, 2010 4:03 PM

Aug 2008
Spirit_Sempai said:
Accelerator made this episode for me

I think he is even more awesome now^^

same here. hes great and im really liking the second season overall especially this last episode
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Nov 19, 2010 4:04 PM

Nov 2008
Way better than last episode. Accelerator really improved the episode for me.. and screw kuroko for slapping touma, now im back to kuroko-hating, anyways good ep. hate to say it but touma still more badass than accel imo
Nov 19, 2010 4:08 PM

Aug 2010
Woo Accelerator, I kind of wished Kuroko would have died, but I know thats not going to happen :( .

Touma ga tooku de toofu wo toome ni mite tonma is one hell of a tongue twister. Try to say it fast!
Nov 19, 2010 4:10 PM

Aug 2008
Arcangel92 said:
hate to say it but touma still more badass than accel imo

Thank god, I was losing hope here.

Nov 19, 2010 4:11 PM
Mar 2010
Wasabi said:

Don't worry, Accelerator is offcially the second protagonist of the series. There are arcs dedicated for himself ;D
This was by FAR the best episode! I never imagined they would make these fights as graphic as this; can't get enough of Accelerator's Falcon Punch.

By the way, isn't Kuroko supposed to be in a wheelchair o-o? And who agrees the glass shattering animation is awesome
Nov 19, 2010 4:20 PM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:

I know how you feel but he was pretty useful this time, thanks to him Kuroko was saved...

Arcangel92 said:
hate to say it but touma still more badass than accel imo

Umm.....NO, you're either insane or not paying attention.

Touma and his UNEXPLAINABLE hax power is not better than a legitimate power which just completely destroyed that wannabe teleporter...

Anyways, Index II Episode 7 SCOREBOARD:

Awesome fight between Kuroko and "that wannabe teleporter"......+1
"That wannabe teleporter" using a gun in an esper fight...............-2
Touma to the rescue with his HAX powers................................+1
Accelerator showing he still gots skillz......................................+5

Overall I enjoyed the arc even though it only lasted 2 episodes, it's a shame that crappy wannabe teleporter couldn't fight fair, I would have loved to see Kuroko punish her more than she did.

OH, and seriously, I guess Index is being reduced to being a retarded child whose only appearance is to UTTERLY ANNOY THE VIEWERS of this show...
Nov 19, 2010 4:24 PM

Jun 2010
check said:
Lol I feel so bad for Awaki for getting punched by Accelerator, that was one hell of a bunch LOL.

Lol. I agree it was an ordinary punch either it a VECTOR PUNCH to the face XD
Nov 19, 2010 5:25 PM

May 2009
They're hitting girls too much in this show... I mean, ok, it can't be helped sometimes and it may be necessary in some episodes.. but i just don't feel that this bloody face pummel was necessary :/ It was like punishing the bad guy, but i didn't feel like i wanted her punished that much, that's all.
But this show is still good, hopefully it stays that way.
Nov 19, 2010 5:35 PM

Apr 2010
The bad news is no more Kuroko as main!!
Nice episode even tho Kuroko got badly hurt the ending was nice and Kuroko eventually won.
Accelerator is still pretty powerful from the looks of it and it doesn't seem like he went to a lower level.
He was a bit to harsh o the girl tho, she might have been deluded but she didn't deserve that treatment even after what she did to Kuroko.
The Misaka clones where also fun the watch especially mini Misaka she is so cute, and good at pissing Accelerator of.
This arc was to short however i want more Kuroko!!
Nov 19, 2010 5:41 PM

Dec 2007
Can anyone tell me how Kuroko "broke" Awaki? And why was Awaki all "woe is me and my super powers"?

Cause that was really, really stupid. I mean, mindbogglingly stupid.

Always good to see Accelerator kickin' some ass though.
Nov 19, 2010 6:30 PM

Apr 2008
rofl~ Touma so suay xD

Nov 19, 2010 6:31 PM

Jan 2009
This episode, made this series a 10....
Nov 19, 2010 6:59 PM

Feb 2009
Oosran said:
Agreed.

I just realized that the enemy teleporter was voiced by Sakurai Harumi aka HaruhiYuri. orz for missing that last episode. That explains why she has these weird ideas about ability users and goes bat crazy once in a while xD.
Touma and Accelerator showing up was a bit lame to the end the arc but what they did was really badass.
Next episode is a festival. So we get the blond magician in the OP song plus a person who seems to be Misaka's mother. Wonder if Touma will meet her.

Ayako using Biribiri now in their subs -_-

And inb4 spoilers. Seriously, we have enough of them in the YnS, TWGOK, and Shiki threads :\
belatkuroNov 19, 2010 7:02 PM
Nov 19, 2010 7:04 PM
Jul 2008
Seriously, people post spoilers in every fucking thread nowadays, it's like nobody sees the huge sign that says THIS IS A FUCKEEN ANIME DISCUSION. I somehow knew touma would stop the building from collapsin even before this arc even started. Now that's fucktastic.

Ontopic: Kuroko being hurt was painful. But ep was awesome.
Nov 19, 2010 7:28 PM

Jul 2010
LOL badass Accelerator is badass, and the teleporter fight was quite nicely done. Wasn't expecting Kuroko to actually get shot, but that was a pleasant surprise :D (not hating on Kuroko by any means). Too bad Touma had to show up to save Kuroko though, would've liked to have seen Biribiri take care of Awaki herself. Oh well, I suppose this is Index and not Railgun, after all. Overall decent episode, good way to finish off the 2-episode arc.

And hello Misaka's mom?
Nov 19, 2010 7:35 PM

May 2009
Accelerator pure win

BTW, story quality in S1 seems to be better than S2...
S1 got some unpredictable arc but this one easy to guess..
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Nov 19, 2010 7:42 PM

Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Wasabi said:

Accelerator will always >>>>>>> Touma. Why? Amazing evil laugh, amazing powers that are God like and he saved a cuter loli than index was.

OK I loled. Though I still like Touma's personality.
Nov 19, 2010 7:45 PM

Oct 2010
I thought Accelerator was amazing... but now he's more than amazing he's AWESOME!
Nov 19, 2010 7:46 PM

Apr 2010
amazing ep. The teleporter fight seemed weird though. I think Kuroko in Railgun said it displaces anything in the target location? So wouldn't they try and teleport regions of air or cloth into the walls of each other's hearts? It's a shonen so they can't really do that, but I'd at least expect a teleporter fight to be more fast-paced and about getting the first hit in. Dropping objects on top of people seems like an weak move in contrast to severing pillars in Railgun.

Using a gun was definitely a low point. It was a shame Awaki didn't try to fight accelerator, but I guess I can understand cause he's so badass
Nov 19, 2010 7:52 PM

Jan 2010
Tornado wings, fuck yeah..
Also, Misses big rack from the OP shows up next episode.
Nov 19, 2010 8:16 PM

Nov 2008
Accelerator: Falcon punch~

DuroDeMatar said:
Accelerator FTW, and yeah, the womans are getting the worst punches lately. I don´t know if it is because I don´t remember well the season 1, but isn´t this season more bloody than the first? I have that feeling

Excellent episode with the final of the arc.

grklein said:

If it weren´t for Touma and his Image Breaker Kuroko would be probably dead you know... he isn´t totally useless...

Season 2 will be darker then season 1 as the story itself grows darker and season 3 will be darker then 2 until they reach the 'happy' end lol

Removed quote chain
desolatoNov 25, 2010 12:48 PM
Nov 19, 2010 8:17 PM

Feb 2010
alexcampos said:

OH, and seriously, I guess Index is being reduced to being a retarded child whose only appearance is to UTTERLY ANNOY THE VIEWERS of this show...
I thought that part was funny, plus this is a science arc which means Index isn't really needed like I said in the last discussion. When she becomes useless in a magic arc THEN you may convince me but as of now, I haven't seen that happen.

As for this episode, FUCKING ACCELERATOR OWNS!!!!!! HE MADE THIS EPISODE!!! When I saw him attacking Awaki, I was thinking that he is badass incarnate. I was also thinking why we had a spin-off for Misaka instead of Accelerator? He DESERVES ONE!!!! Also Awaki shooting Kuroko was good but I don't see how Kuroko "broke" Awaki. Sounds like a bullshit scientific reason for her to go batshit insane (hmmmm, this sounds familiar. Didn't someone say this about the magic/religion stuff too?). Overall, best episode (THANK YOU ACCELERATOR, PLEASE COME BACK SOON AND OWN MORE PEOPLE!)

As for the next episode and arc, all I can say is that all of your bodies will NEVER be ready.
Nov 19, 2010 8:21 PM

May 2009
The action was incredible. Over the top and brutal, but very nicely done. I actually enjoyed Awaki pulling out the gun as it was unexpected. And for that, being punched in the face like that was deserved (though probably not by Accelerator).
Nov 19, 2010 8:25 PM

Aug 2008
The way she 'broke' her is because Kuroko spoke about how flawed and stupid her goal is and the real reason for people getting hurt is her and not her powers. Anyways it was already said that Awaki was messed up in the head, so that added onto it.

Nov 19, 2010 8:45 PM

Jan 2009
I feel sorry for the Accelerator loosing his calculation ability.
But I'm glad he is back with his power.
For Awaki it's to bad she had to face his frustration and the tornado wing were AWESOME!
This whole episode was done very well, just whats with Awaki snapping after shooting?
CrusherXNov 19, 2010 8:51 PM
Nov 19, 2010 8:59 PM
Nov 2010
I didn't give this 5/5 (although this is a pretty good arc especially the beginning of this episode). Like everyone had said, Accelerator finishing off Awaki seems like a big no-no-no. I wanted Kuroko for it (as her motivation shows in the beginning).

Sigh. I was disappointed that it wasn't Kuroko who ended Awaki so this is 4/5.

And next episode will be about Oriana Thomson :OOOOOOOOOOO CAN'T WAIT TOO!

(Btw, this arc is the one I've been waiting for. The Kuroko vs Awaki arc, and not the Accelerator vs Awaki scene-fag.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

138 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.