Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2010 6:22 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sugimoto actually feels remorse? It's a MIRACLE!!! O.O

Dec 17, 2010 6:57 PM

May 2010
More whining.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 25, 2010 5:01 PM

Jun 2009
Wow now I gues Sugimoto will be good and she will go again to Japan.
Dec 29, 2010 6:44 AM

Jun 2010
Finally Sugimoto will turn good. I thought Sugimoto will become a rival just like Sasuke and become quite strong opponent. Anways end of Sugimoto being enemy and Sugimoto will become friends again. btw I liked the sexy 13th preview. lol

I really am in love with this story. When i start watching I never want to stop. Today I watched 4 episdoes in a row and want more more more more more ! Leave Junni Kouki Alone ! lone,lone,lone...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2011 12:01 PM

Aug 2010
Finally, Yuka!!!!
Apr 15, 2011 1:13 PM

Apr 2009
Gah, I hope this new Sugimoto is less annoying than the whiny brat she'd been up to this point -.- I've had enough of her.
I like the ED song more every time I hear it, I must say. Same with the opening.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Aug 9, 2011 3:12 AM

Sep 2008
Only after Sugimoto dropped her knife did I ease up on the suspicion... Even now, that scene isn't over - so she still has time to turn her back on Youko. ._. I hope not, though. It seemed like she actually was feeling remorse. I hope that actually is the case.

Youko will probably make a great Empress/Queen, despite all her doubts and fears...
Apr 26, 2012 8:26 AM

Jan 2010
Yuka annoyed me ><""
but here it was a pity
Sep 20, 2012 9:23 PM

Feb 2010
This episode was a bit letdown, the Kou's kings motives, the change of direction of sugimoto could all better.
Aug 14, 2013 7:30 AM

Oct 2012
Eh... this episode was... surprising. I'm glad that Yuka finally came to her senses cause girl... she was doing entirely too much to 'belong'. It felt like she was an extreme case of Special Snowflake Syndrome.

What I did find interesting was that Youko had a relapse in her resolve. Very realistic. She took two steps forward in her transformation only to be knocked back with the exchange with Yuka. Very impressive.

Ugh, this has me hooked. x__x
Jan 31, 2014 6:43 PM

Nov 2012
KitaTsuki said:
Sugimoto actually feels remorse? It's a MIRACLE!!! O.O

i know right?? but i still feel like she can go back to crazy bitch mode at any moment tho
Feb 25, 2014 12:15 AM

Jul 2008
Finally Yuka quit being a spoiled brat, but I still wanted someone to slug her in the face. Now to get rid of King Kou.
Mar 25, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
I feel unsatisfied that Yuka didn't even get slapped >__>
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 20, 2014 7:07 PM

Sep 2013
If the bitchness doesn't really stop for real now I will be really frustrated.

Sugimoto is ruining this anime for me.
Dec 20, 2014 3:21 PM
Aug 2014
Don't think Sugimoto is that bad, she desperately wanted to be the heroine of the story, but unfortunately for her that doesn't seem the case. She did go a bit far trying to change that fact.
Dec 29, 2014 11:49 PM

Jan 2011
Good. Sugimoto finally learned her lesson, it was about time. Can finally watch in peace.
reichann0303Dec 30, 2014 1:27 AM
Feb 23, 2015 1:34 AM

Jun 2011
Ugh, I still dislike Sugimoto. She's the type of person I really can't handle. Stubborn and not even trying to think. And in the end, she gets away with everything. I do think she is that bad, she desperately wanted to be the heroine, even though deep inside she might have known she couldn't, but she didn't just go "a bit far." She turned into one of the most obnoxious, selfish persons in anime history, throwing the ugliest words at Nakajima even though she was ten times worse herself. She kept being that stubborn, even though the clues were practically laid out for her.
Apr 18, 2015 5:35 PM

Jun 2013
Really good episode, but i still dont think Sugimoto can be trusted.
Nov 8, 2015 3:53 PM

Dec 2013
xchee said:
I feel unsatisfied that Yuka didn't even get slapped >__>

Seeing you wishing for her to be slapped in each episode discussion kinda rubbed off on me. While an actual physical slap didn't happen, it's enough that reality itself slapped the shit out of her instead, so I'm not complaining.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Dec 13, 2015 5:51 PM

Feb 2013
Awe, they're BFFs again.
Jan 4, 2016 6:09 PM

Mar 2013
Now what Sugimoto? Idk if I trust her still.
Apr 2, 2017 5:50 PM

Jan 2014
I'm glad that Sugimoto finally came to her senses..
Jun 19, 2017 5:00 AM

Oct 2012
Yo! I need popcorn for this!
Sugimoto's stupidity is amusing, I can't watch it without my popcorn xD

The anime is telling us to feel bad, but I can't really care about Sugimoto ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Same with King Kou, racist person
Fite me irl 1v1 (ง •̀_•́)ง
"Signature removed"
Nov 23, 2017 9:00 PM

Apr 2014
i like this anime so far and all but Sugimoto has been the most pointless character and just a waste of time. i heard that she didn't even get transferred over to this new world in the novels, in which case i have to give the novels a chance because Sugimoto was such an annoying character

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2018 4:42 PM

Nov 2015
owlpoop said:
Sugimoto has been the most pointless character and just a waste of time. (...) was such an annoying character

Nakajima is more annoying imo. she said i can't do this, i don't deserve to be this... in the end you just want to toss her away like.. >:(

💢

Sep 28, 2019 3:02 AM

May 2015
Sugimoto deserved this humliliation 100%
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 30, 2019 9:11 PM

Jul 2016
god... this is crazy... i had expected that the former empress yo would have been a young girl just like youko, who had been whisked away in the same manner as she was an ordinary person and the daughter of a shop owner... this is just wild, you can really tell how insane she was. lady, i know keiki is hot but look at yourself... this is the result of what happens when an ungrounded and normal person is given enormous power, they abuse it and end up shorting themselves of that same power. like when people win the lottery and spend it to the last dime, then become poorer than when they started off. no wonder she ruled for only 6 years, it would be a travesty if she did for any longer than that. don't touch him with your grey wrinkly raisin ass hands... but it kind of hurts my heart to know that although she was wretched and a haggard harlot, she still loved keiki so much that when he got ill (from her own bastard doings of course) she retired so that the heavens would restore him back to health. even knowing she would never see keiki again or be in his world. what did keiki see in empress yo in the first place? should there have not been at least a semblance of ruling potential, as kirin are supposed to know from first sight if they have found a righteous leader for the kingdom? his judgement is flawed it seems... or she did possess such qualities initially, but he didn't anticipate the independent variables of her falling in love with him and going kookoo.

i love this anime. it's so interesting, everything weaves together, it's like i'm reading a fantasy book series - but in anime form?

if i was the empress of kei, i would have been like oh sugimoto you want a hug? how about this? (proceeds to punch her across the field) but again, this is why i would not be.

edit: it's so ironic that all this time i had been likening juuni kokuki to fantasy books and series when it literally started off as actually being fantasy novels that were adapted into an anime... i had no idea. i mean actually wait. i did recall periodically as i watched that i once had a green book with a black haired boy who was the spitting image of taiki in my cart on an online anime merchandise site that i ended up not buying, but i chalked it up to it probably being a novel of "kingdom". (which is, another anime that has main characters with the same shoulder length parted black hair and also takes place in kingdoms/states) it was actually twelve kingdoms, the novel. like the third one in the series i think.
Oct 3, 2019 2:01 PM
Oct 2017
LOL that idiot got disarmed 2x in a row, still worthless. Only the rat is worth a damn.
Mar 2, 2020 8:23 PM

Mar 2016
Fucking kill that bitch already!!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 9, 2020 12:54 PM

Jul 2009
Kou's king is stupid...just coz he is not a good king he didn't want the people to see the neighbour kingdom prospering
Oct 31, 2020 4:42 AM

Aug 2017
Sugimoto...finally she realised it. At least hope so...
May 18, 2021 5:23 PM
Jul 2019
One girl wants so much to believe she is special, she hanged on to some old scam.

The other girl wants so much to believe she isnt, she been whining for 12 episodes.

Raven hair may be delusional, but she isnt wrong about yankee hair being selfish.
FFS, she learns that a whole nation is hungry and suffering because they dont have a legitimate monarch and all she cares about is going home to have another go a her old life

No one with a brain would think being king is easy, but this girl literally just have to sit on a throne and do nothing. The country may not have a functional ruler, but it would at least have the blessings of heaven or whatever

Story is way too focused on internal dilemma and extreme personalities.
Aug 17, 2021 1:45 PM

Nov 2016
Youko is afraid to fail, but this shows at least a certain amount of self-awareness which makes her already more suited to rule than the other jealous and selfish rulers. A wise girl.

She also ain't as greedy and desperate as Sugimoto 🤗

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 25, 2022 8:58 AM
Nov 2020
Yes, Yuka. Go back home. You've been awful this entire time
Dec 19, 2023 11:14 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to kukua007
One girl wants so much to believe she is special, she hanged on to some old scam.

The other girl wants so much to believe she isnt, she been whining for 12 episodes.

Raven hair may be delusional, but she isnt wrong about yankee hair being selfish.
FFS, she learns that a whole nation is hungry and suffering because they dont have a legitimate monarch and all she cares about is going home to have another go a her old life

No one with a brain would think being king is easy, but this girl literally just have to sit on a throne and do nothing. The country may not have a functional ruler, but it would at least have the blessings of heaven or whatever

Story is way too focused on internal dilemma and extreme personalities.
@kukua007 Youko is that toxic mindset of hanging onto family, even when it's better served to let them go and love them from a distance.

My mom is the same way. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas, she wants to make that long drive, to another state mind you, because "I want to see my folks". Though I don't understand why tbh. Her family is obnoxious and they scapegoat her for every problem. They're not even mildly entertaining, and they refuse to listen to practical advice. I just don't get her attachment to them, all things considered. We drove up there and I was bored after 30 minutes. Though she stayed for like 5 hours.
Apr 28, 8:35 AM

Dec 2022
The character writing in this series takes a nosedive every time Sugimoto shows up, as does the combat choreography. She and Kou made a plan to take advantage of Youko's unconditional trust towards everyone (including her enemies) with the pretext of Kou visiting the king of En, yet Sugimoto acts as if Youko was the one out to kill her the entire time, while already knowing Youko is both physically and mentally incapable of overpowering her, let alone killing her. After this, they have a lopsided fight where Youko gets disarmed twice and distracted by onlookers, and rather than capitalise on the numerous openings this gave, Sugimoto instead uses a shoulder bash, when she had a saber she could've used to stab her.

And of course, Sugimoto is forgiven immediately after Kou's transparent villainy is revealed. Really, the only fate she deserves is to be left stranded in the wounds with a perforated hand, just like Youko was. A murderous, delusional sadist isn't going to have a sudden change in her psychology with a hug and a kiss.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 19 Discussion

Beatnik - Mar 8, 2008

32 by AzafuseKingTora »»
May 8, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 18 Discussion

kie_ - Aug 10, 2009

17 by AzafuseKingTora »»
May 8, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Mar 28, 2008

70 by Beguni »»
May 5, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 37 Discussion

kie_ - Aug 17, 2009

23 by Beguni »»
May 5, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Kokuki Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Predseln - Mar 19, 2009

66 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 29, 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.