Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 4, 2010 2:39 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sorry to say this, but this episode was boring as the previous one. I like the story, but the pacing is so slow.
I just liked that they show the posters inside Shueisha...

I was dissapointed since I thought there will be Eiji in this ep
Dec 4, 2010 9:22 AM

Mar 2010
oww.. no Eiji ? :( dang it. Edit: But Eiji in a preview was hilarious indeed :D

I hope there will be many seasons >:D

Miyoshi made this episode very enjoyable :) I didn't find it boring at all. I think it was a good episode.

Is it me or did the characters look kinda cuter than they usually do ? (except Hattori, who looked like a total creeper panda bear xD)
LylaazDec 4, 2010 2:44 PM
Dec 4, 2010 12:57 PM

Feb 2008
Next episode will be Eiji that were on the previews. :)

I can see the plot progness now :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 4, 2010 2:12 PM

Mar 2010
M0nicka said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sorry to say this, but this episode was boring as the previous one. I like the story, but the pacing is so slow.
I just liked that they show the posters inside Shueisha...

I was dissapointed since I thought there will be Eiji in this ep

I didn't find anything wrong with the pace of the show. I think this episode did a good job of explaining the strategy of submitting the manga to the monthly magazine. In fact, I think there was pretty significant progress in the plot as the two main characters are getting closer to the Shounen Jump magazine.

Dec 4, 2010 6:45 PM

Dec 2009
This anime is not bad at all but I agree about how slow its pace is. Hope things progress better from now on.
Dec 5, 2010 9:17 AM

Jun 2009
This episode wasn't that boring. Well, theres a lot of talking, but its fine for me.

Dec 5, 2010 10:10 AM

Aug 2010
I watched the firts nine episodes last week, and got hooked!!
I couldn't wait for ep 10... when I saw it subbed, I screamed...
Then I watched it...
okay, so yeah, it was GOOD, but it wasn't like what I was expecting... I wanted more Eiji and little more Miho in it too... but hey *shrugs* I still really like this anime... makes me laugh :)
"참 많은 파도가친다.앞으로 여행할길은 너무멀고길지만 멈추면안돼.. 멈춘순간 어른이 되어가는 길을 포기하는 나락으로 떨어진다. 어른이되어가는 경험은 이제부터 시작이지만 아직어리고 젊다는 최고의무기로 아직 눈앞에 보이지않는 더넓은 세상을 밟고싶다."
--김재중
CLICK IF YOU WISH
Dec 5, 2010 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
i'm really excited for moritaka and akito
Dec 5, 2010 11:19 AM

Aug 2009
I actually liked this episode. True they did talk and spent a while explaining things, but they figured a lot of things out. I'm excited. :3
Dec 5, 2010 11:22 AM

May 2009
Yeah, i'd rather read a story about that guy who tries to see how many girls he can cheat on, than their usual work :D

Oh, and that Nizuma guy screams like a girl... should be more crow-like.
Dec 5, 2010 11:24 AM

May 2009
Yeah, i'd rather read a story about that guy who tries to see how many girls he can cheat on, than their usual work :D

Oh, and that Nizuma guy screams like a girl... should be more crow-like.
Dec 5, 2010 11:30 AM

Dec 2009
Takagi's stories really are on the bizarre side. Hard to imagine it being manga....

Still, I get so excited for them every week!
Dec 5, 2010 12:05 PM

Apr 2010
Glad to see that Hattori-san really gives his full support for the duo.. but please no more panda eyes next week, he's already creepy looking enough (dat lips).. Also, good that Miyoshi is kept on a leash and not wreaking havoc as what I was expecting at first..

And about the pacing I don't even feel it as slow, maybe it's just luck that I haven't read the manga as it seems it really affects how you appreciate the anime.. I'll just save reading the manga after the show ends.. :)
Dec 5, 2010 12:15 PM

Jul 2009
Nice one , Kaya is kind of cute and gotta love Takagi and his "Not at all" line :D

Blackbird said:

True... 4/5 ;)
Dec 5, 2010 12:58 PM

Sep 2009
good episode.

and lmao, Eiji's crow screaming in the preview was win :))
Dec 5, 2010 1:22 PM

Dec 2009
I do find it interesting to learn how manga is being made and how it's decided which will get published or not, but this episode had a bit too much of that, although the 'interlude' with Miyoshi and Takagi at their workplace was hilarious.
Ara ara.
Dec 5, 2010 1:23 PM
Mar 2008
lol Hattori's going insane.
Dec 5, 2010 1:36 PM

Aug 2010
The pacing is a little slow, but I thought this episode was fine pacing wise. I actually liked this episode a lot. I really want to see their next story now!
よ!僕はジェフです。エンジニアです。日本語が下手です。もっと勉強しなきゃいけない!
Dec 5, 2010 1:37 PM
Jul 2008
I'm liking this more and more each week. It's awesome, cause animes can get weak over the time, but this is going the opposite way. Although I can see that people who already read the manga aren't liking the pacing. But oh well, better luck next time :3

Also, why do all of you like eiji so much? I seriously can't understand that.
Dec 5, 2010 1:37 PM

Aug 2010
Hah seems like Takagi got himself a girlfriend. And I suppose the work thats going to get them into Jack is called Bakuman? Just a hunch.
Dec 5, 2010 2:00 PM

Nov 2009
I am glad i held off on the manga, because i would hate to have to sit through all the conversations if i knew it all. Just figuring out what they are going to do next to try and get published is exciting in itself.

I love the girls though and their interaction with the boys. Takagi is funny, and Mashiro is cute. (Fan-tastic)
Dec 5, 2010 2:15 PM
May 2010
I'm glad they didn't have to resort to writing boring shounen stuff, this is a real plus.
Dec 5, 2010 2:23 PM

Jan 2010
i just noticed that Miyoshi's breast is huge for 9th grader xD

and seems that she has a problem in next episode

good episode btw
Dec 5, 2010 2:24 PM
Dec 2007
It's striking me more and more, but isn't Mashiro a totally retarded and uninteresting protagonist ? He always seem to drag Shujin down, breaks the mood anytime he can, has not an appealling character (seems on the emo side but without the psychological deepness of a Shinji for example), and on top of that, he's not talented nor improving very much at drawing manga. I find it hard to believe that the guys that created Light in Death Note could come up with such a lame new hero. Still, I hope he'll develop into an interesting character because he's really wasting a lot of screentime.

Anyway, the episode was great, mainly through all the editorial side and behind the scene of manga that we got to see. Hattori is a really cool character and I don't even speak about the editor-in-chief. Good pacing also for once.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 5, 2010 2:31 PM

Mar 2009
This is the first time I actually noticed Miyoshi's considerable *assets* - good for her ^^

overall, nice plot, ok pace, nice view of how SJ works and Eiji next ep
Dec 5, 2010 3:33 PM

Dec 2009
man, this is really getting interesting now, cant wait for next episode
lol Mashiro was like wtf when he saw Takagi's girl in the studio
Dec 5, 2010 3:45 PM

Jul 2010
Nachotee said:
I'm liking this more and more each week. It's awesome, cause animes can get weak over the time, but this is going the opposite way. Although I can see that people who already read the manga aren't liking the pacing. But oh well, better luck next time :3

Also, why do all of you like eiji so much? I seriously can't understand that.

Yeah, I don't really get it either. He just makes weird noises and is eccentric. I don't see the fascination yet, so I'm hoping he'll do something amazing later on. These people read the manga, and that's probably why the pacing is also complained about. Personally, I have no problem with it.

I thought Miyoshi was going to be kind of irritating hanging around Shujin and Mashiro in the studio, but I guess it's okay. Maybe she'll have some imput for their manga later on.

Oh, and I loved Hattori's enthusiasm for the two of them in this episode. It was pretty cool. ^_^
Dec 5, 2010 3:48 PM

Apr 2009
woah awesome episode =)
glad there was onepiece posters there :) warms my heart
Dec 5, 2010 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
billng said:
Hah seems like Takagi got himself a girlfriend. And I suppose the work thats going to get them into Jack is called Bakuman? Just a hunch.

hmm i never ever thought of that
Dec 5, 2010 7:28 PM

Apr 2008
The plan is pretty weird. I mean, I get the different angle part, but if it's terrible then it's terrible. How did non-mainstream and too intelligent go to bring me something awful? Wouldn't something interesting but not Jack-like like they had for the first two be the goal? Though honestly I don't think the brain buying premise sounds bad at all. I did love Kaiba.

Jacut said:
It's striking me more and more, but isn't Mashiro a totally retarded and uninteresting protagonist ? He always seem to drag Shujin down, breaks the mood anytime he can, has not an appealling character (seems on the emo side but without the psychological deepness of a Shinji for example), and on top of that, he's not talented nor improving very much at drawing manga. I find it hard to believe that the guys that created Light in Death Note could come up with such a lame new hero. Still, I hope he'll develop into an interesting character because he's really wasting a lot of screentime.

I agree with this for the most part. Mashiro has been really boring and generally unpleasant. I don't like the scenes focusing on him, and I don't find his just like uncle motivation that interesting. Though really, the worst thing about him is the relationship with Azuki. The don't see each other thing is such a dumb premise. I just can't imagine anyone even thinking to suggest that. He is at least a good match with Azuki, they're equally bland. Takagi's relationship just highlights how boring they are in comparison.

Hattori really came into his own this episode. Some entertaining passion from him.

I'll chime in with not getting the Eiji love. Guess it's stuff he does later that the manga readers know about.
Dec 5, 2010 7:39 PM

Aug 2008
If you want to read my honest opinion I think the episode was fantastic... Money and Intelligence that Makes the World go Round FTW! XD Bad title but you'll see what comes from it later... Well anyway they explained pretty much what is it about hahahaha. It's a ridiculous idea but it's a great one. We'll prolly later see what's up with it n_n And so they aim for NEXT space yeha!

Dude this episode was so full of manga making stuff..... okay maybe not making but lots of manga publishing moments, which is related to manga making :P Well and so they went for the Tezuka prize review interview.... So they weren't evaluated as bad as we thought for the art department, tho not perfect Hattori and Editor-in-Chief think that they will actually improve is Mashiro practices more. But it wasn't just that but also story the one that suffers since it's either too deep for shounen or the characters are so common... But Hattori's right in the end that's their stenngth, common characs that do awesome things, opposed to what Eiji has done so far! Amazing characs that do something awesome... Eiji breathes Manga.... Shujin and Saiko loves it... makes sense why Eiji is better *nods* BTW for those who doesn't like him... you'll see why many, if not all, of the manga readers love him!

I'm glad the Chief-in-Editor supports them too! It's like you have the chance to actually publish something if you really try harder... his honesty was awesome... And I'm happy he discovered that Saiko is related to Kawaguchi xD At least he knows now what's Mashiro made of xD

Whoa... I dun remember Hattori getting those horrible eyebags... But hey that means that he's actually working hard for Saiko and Shujin to improve... In fact he gave the obvious advice... Try to make somethign more Jack like and see what happens... I'm not surprised that all they brought meeting all those conditions was too common... they've read all those mainstream that they end up copying what the mainstream have done already :P Obviously everything would be covered xD BTW one of the characs that one with the big sword looked like Ichigo a lot ne? xD

That's a first, here in the Anime Discussion thread and even in the Manga thread... Someone not liking Saiko at all... Jacut... I understand what you mean... but is he seriously that awful?

And YAY! for Kaya's assets! The front ones are obvious, but I seriously never the Back ones before! xD She has some nice seating cushions there as well... Kaya is so well endowed xDDDD Tsk... Shujin is such a lucky guy... Take good care of her dude! Plus she's awesome! She's actually sticking to her word! I'll support you no matter what! Nice... such a dedicated girl is hard to find these days...

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2010 7:42 PM

May 2010
Yupp, best part was the cool posters inside 'jack'. :D
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Dec 5, 2010 7:43 PM

Aug 2010
I just love this anime beyond limits. But I love the manga a bit more. Okay, Alot more. Which makes sense since I'm a Mangaman.But still, they pulled a really amazing job in the anime.

Kaya-chan's Seiyuu is AWESOME. She totally perfected Kaya-chan's voice. I just feel happy whenever Miyoshi is in any scene(Same with Azuki-Chan)

I just love how Kaya-chan beats the living shit outta' Takagi.

<3<3<3Bakuman<3<3<3
Dec 5, 2010 7:57 PM
Feb 2009
damnnn backdoor route i like that :P
Dec 5, 2010 8:08 PM
Mar 2010
Can't wait till they show the slideshow of Money and Intelligence ;)
I still find all the name changes funny: Jump -> Jack, Shueisha -> Yueisha, and Akamaru Jump -> Jump NEXT.
Dec 5, 2010 8:27 PM

Feb 2008
loved Kaya, didn't like Money and Intelligence.
Dec 5, 2010 8:30 PM

Sep 2008
miotla said:
Nice one , Kaya is kind of cute and gotta love Takagi and his "Not at all" line :D

Blackbird said:

True... 4/5 ;)

zenzen
Dec 5, 2010 8:47 PM

Feb 2009
this anime is really inspiring but you starting to wonder how far these 2 will get.
Dec 5, 2010 9:11 PM

Jan 2010
That fishlips guy has snapped and gone nuts.
Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 5, 2010 9:40 PM

Feb 2010
Having read the manga to the latest chapter, i'm rather impressed with the pacing of the anime. (The manga is really slow but amazing at the same time.) For everyone who thinks the episode is boring.. well.. if only you knew what happened in the manga haha <3
Dec 5, 2010 10:05 PM

Sep 2010
actually really liked this ep, not a lot of wasted time and, though the pacing is still slow, it fits for the storyline much better now. excited for next week for sure.
Dec 5, 2010 10:14 PM

Feb 2009
herox3 said:
I still find all the name changes funny: Jump -> Jack, Shueisha -> Yueisha, and Akamaru Jump -> Jump NEXT.
Agreed. Though I only realized the second one in this episode orz.

The episode was excellent. We get some manga making progress as well as some relationship progress of Takagi and Kaya(never noticed that she was this hot in the manga). A first time reading a post about someone not liking Mashiro. That's a first for me. I don't even read posts of not liking Mashiro in the manga threads. Well, you can't please everyone.
As for their new manga, I am so pumped up for it. This was the piece that they've done that has really interested me. Hope we get an elaboration of it just like The Two Earths.
Though I'm having issues now about this serialization thing of JumpJack.
Will elaborate later.

WSJ really loves the Big 3 huh. I mean, those are a lot of posters in their department. Figures that they worship their cash cow mangas.
Dec 5, 2010 10:33 PM

Nov 2008
Although this is not my usual genre of anime, I gotta admit I love this series.
You can't help but root for them to succeed. Although that editor that they keep talking to, what the hell is up with his lips?
Dec 5, 2010 11:06 PM

Sep 2009
Though I would like to see their stuff serialized in Jack right away....I like how they have to work a little bit before they get there.
Dec 5, 2010 11:30 PM

Jul 2009
x3mslayer said:
I'd rather read a story about that guy who tries to see how many girls he can cheat on, than their usual work :D

Yeah, and with a nice boat ending XD

Well, about the episode itself. I think the pace is okay. This anime has a good pace imo. Making a manga isn't an easy job and so far I think their progress is already being shown well. We see how they submit their work, get an evaluation about it, and what they must do in order to get their manga serialized.
Dec 6, 2010 1:42 AM

Jan 2010
Can't wait for more Eiji. And then Fukuda. God, I can't wait for Fukuda.
Dec 6, 2010 2:21 AM

Sep 2006
Kaya is really a good side character to Takagi. Lol at Takagi's "cannot be answered" reply to Kaya's "proposal". Scary Hattori looks a bit like Death Note's Ryuk, lips and all. It's great to see the enthusiasm that the editors are having for the duo.

The brain-buying plot sounds like something dark and sci-fi. Probably won't be in Shounen Jack but in one of the monthly magazines or something?

Oh yea, gotta love all the cover art posters in this episode. Looks pretty much the same, save for the title change.
Dec 6, 2010 2:28 AM

May 2008
This show is so plain its just simply the life of 2 boys but I just cant get my eyes off it , this show is just great

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 6, 2010 3:04 AM

Aug 2008
I love the story about transferring intelligence/knowledge.. the other story about the cheating highschool guy was terrible though.
Dec 6, 2010 3:05 AM

Feb 2010
was a ok ep both are still in the learning process and for the pacing debat well it is not a actin show so imo most of the time they to a good job with the pacing.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Oct 16, 2010

181 by Karva1 »»
Mar 23, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.