Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2008 8:15 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oliver has got some competition. If Julian really wanted it looks like he could attract a lot of groupies :P

Sadly it looks like Julian's efforts to stir up dissent for an empire invasion of the Phezzan corridor won't work. He'll need to make contingency plans since it's already too late.

I'm still looking to find out more about the Earth cult's structure and ability. Degsby gave the impression that the Grand Bishop isn't as easy a target as Kessellink may think.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Oct 22, 2008 11:20 AM

Aug 2008
Looks like Operation Ragnarok has begun. I wonder how the assault on the Iserlohn corridor will go. It will be interesting to watch Reuental vs. Yang. Since I like the Empire more I am rooting for them to succeed and at this rate I think they will. However Yang will pull something off to save the FPA and will probably end up unwillingly taken control of it, seeing how all the current rulers are not very bright themselves.
May 30, 2009 6:57 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, this is one huge freakin invasion...
Sep 15, 2009 10:48 AM

Jan 2009
I enjoy that since making it onto Phezzan, Julian already stole the hearts of four girls. If anything, that should be considered a challenge to Oliver and Schenkopp. :D

Also seeing Reinhard covering all his bases for this operation will certainly leave Yang in a bind, essentially trapping him at Isserlohn.... and now we have Reuenthal ready to get this party started. I'm going to enjoy seeing how this battle will play out.
Nov 15, 2009 5:15 AM

Dec 2008
It certainly seems that the Alliance is utterly screwed, but maybe a surprise showing of the Earth Cult faction could prevent their destruction? It seems a bit early in the story for the Empire to destroy the Alliance.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Apr 5, 2010 3:16 PM

Aug 2008
Phezzan, Phezzan, Phezzan... everyone knows the playbook except the Alliance government. It gets to the point where watching these guys becomes depressing. I did have to laugh a bit @ the captain of the Ulysses. He gets no respect.
Sep 23, 2010 1:11 PM

Jan 2010
i noticed that for me,watching LOTGH is like watching a movie...each episode shares a lot of information with the viewer

but it's not bad :),Julian's out on his own,although the phezzan people are deuchbags i think

also the empire isn't joking around,they're really want to finish with the FPA...damn blonde

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Nov 26, 2010 8:19 PM

May 2010
Damn and here I want the Grand Bishop was crying
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 11, 2011 8:20 PM
Jun 2011
Yang knows best, but apparently those dummies don't want to listen. Ok...now it's really about to go down.
Nov 4, 2011 2:59 PM

Mar 2011
Batten down the hatches men, we're in for a shit storm!
Jan 7, 2012 9:34 PM

Sep 2009
The winds smell of change.
Feb 7, 2012 4:43 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was amazing. I bet the next one will double the amazing.
Apr 28, 2012 9:34 PM

Feb 2012
It was interesting to hear Reinhard's list of personnel assignments for Ragnarok -- with each passing military operation, it's become more and more evident that the admirals in Reinhard's staff are not equals on the battlefield.

It's no surprise that the "Gale Wolf" was chosen as the Phezzan Corridor vanguard, and following that it's no surprise that Reuenthal was chosen to lead the Iserlohn Corridor diversion; his skill is comparable to Mittermeyer's and second only to Reinhard's, and it stood to reason that Reinhard would lead a fleet through Phezzan himself. The reasons the narrator provided for Mueller's assignment and Bittenfeld's assignment made perfect sense, and Kesler was the obvious choice to defend Odin in Reinhard's absence. But it was particularly interesting to see Mecklinger entrusted with the "in case of emergency" fleet -- I suppose he seems more worthy of Reinhard's trust than almost anyone else on the staff.
Jul 6, 2013 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
I'm dying. I had to take a screenshot. Oberstein is like a saint in an old stained-glass window with that halo or maybe the angel on Reinhard's shoulder. Oh, the irony!<3

Also, I hope the boy's not going to get himself in too much trouble. A party with drunken men is a somewhat safe audience, but to begin asking probing questions at your welcoming party might be too hasty. e_e At least being surrounded by half of the main cast of LOGH for 40 or so episodes trained him in unequaled eloquence even in his youth.

Hehe, and, of course, Yang's on to Reinhard's grand strategy.<3 Those military stiffs need to learn to listen to poor Cassandra. :<
Sep 17, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2009
Too be honest, I don't think the diversion is necessary, I believe that the Empire greatly outnumbers the Free Planet Alliance both in ships and in Military talent. All they would need to do is launch a massive assault through the Phezzan corridor, even if Admiral Yang went to help, he would have to do so with his own fleet, not with Iserlohn. And in fleet to fleet combat I believe their is probably no way that the Empire could lose.
Dec 29, 2013 11:24 AM

Sep 2013
Rofl Julian is such a lady, goes abroad but can't stop dreaming of chores. This show can be a little silly sometimes, but it's not the end of the world since it's so epic usually.
Aug 6, 2014 9:39 AM

Nov 2013
I wish the FPA government would stop hamstringing themselves at every single turn, it's killing me.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 28, 2014 6:41 AM

Dec 2013
Things are looking grim for the Empire. They're in such a good position that I bet theirs going to be some sort of twist later on where the Empire might be defeated...GOD I hope i'm wrong! Im sick of those Alliance fatf*cks, every episode I have to headbut a wall just seeing them.

Hopefully Empire wins this one! And Yang joins Reinhard!! (I doubt it thought)
Nov 6, 2014 3:31 PM

Mar 2012
Looking forward to the battle in the next episode :)

Vexper said:
I wish the FPA government would stop hamstringing themselves at every single turn, it's killing me.

What else can you expect from a bunch of greedy, corrupt incompetents.
Feb 28, 2015 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
Its about to go down. This battle is going to be soooo good-I can just feel it!
Mar 8, 2015 5:40 AM

May 2012
Great episode with awesome development! Let's see what's next!
May 28, 2015 8:11 AM
Nov 2014
berserker15 said:
Jun 29, 2015 1:37 AM

Dec 2013
That ending is just hype!

Proud of Julian. Wonder what the Phezzan guy's reaction to Julian will be. I really want to know more about Earth's religion.
Jul 16, 2015 10:11 AM

Jan 2014
I seriously wonder if there is anyone in the Alliance leadership with the education of at least a 12 year old. Do they really think Reinhard the tactical genius of the Empire is just going to send waves and waves of men to die at Isserlohn. I feel its almost obvious the Empire is going to go through Phezzan its Reinhards only logical option.

I doubt Operation Ragnorok will be a success though since I don't think the FPA can be defeated soo early on but who knows I might be surprised. Also although between the 2 nations I like the Empire more since they aren't complete dumbasses, but between the 2 armies I always root for the Alliance just because of Yang and the characters under his command at Isserlohn are soo likable I just want to see them be victorious.
Jun 13, 2016 2:52 PM

Aug 2014
Don't worry Julian, I'm sure you're not the only that ships Yang x Frederica.

Lol at those crew members trolling their commander.
KashKetchumJun 13, 2016 3:46 PM
Oct 8, 2016 8:30 PM

Mar 2016
The existence of space corridors in general screams lazy writing but at least the author wrote the situation itself fairly well. Don't know why he couldn't have used a wormhole network which is both a bit more plausible and would serve the same purpose.

I find it bothersome that Yang is portrayed as the character who's almost always right but it's interesting to see how he's powerless to change much in spite of his foresight, kind of like Cassandra and her prophecies.
Aure0linOct 8, 2016 8:38 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Nov 9, 2016 8:24 PM
Jul 2018
The parallels between Phezzan, The Free Planets Alliance, and The Galactic Empire between certain nations of the real world is so obvious and most definitely intentional, yet it is rarely discussed. Perhaps LOGH could act as a stepping stone for helping certain viewers discover our own reality?
Mar 16, 2017 8:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Begin the Ragnarok operation, the firsts shots!!!
Yang is a very intuitive, but the goverment are a donkeys band!!!!
Sep 10, 2018 2:23 PM
Apr 2018
Yep, the Free Planets Alliance is done. I don't want the invasion to begin because the Empire will surely destroy them.
Sep 22, 2018 9:23 PM

Feb 2017
That party showed how much of a snake pit Julian fell into by being stationed on Phezzan.
Jul 18, 2019 1:00 AM
Jul 2018
Julian's friend is kind of cute for sure.
Nov 4, 2019 7:54 PM

Oct 2012
Looks like they won't even acknowledge the possibility of Empire's invasion at all
Seems like they want to be invaded, because that how you get invaded
Nobody expects it to happen, but it happen anyway :P
"Signature removed"
Nov 18, 2020 2:00 PM
May 2016
I'm envious of Julian, because girls don't like me.
May 10, 2021 4:48 AM

Jul 2016
berserker15 said:

Going to be tough to see how Yang gets out of this one.
Jul 23, 2021 7:27 PM

Jun 2020
gotta feelin miracle yang aint guna b pullin no miraclez dis time round

lmaoooooo fezzan prolly guna save his ass
Dec 22, 2021 9:13 AM
Nov 2020
The board is set, the pieces are moving. Julian is (still) best boy, and Reuental will hear his requiem.
Apr 8, 2022 1:58 PM

Feb 2012
2022 Rewatch

Julian was right about the Fezzan Corridor not being for military use was a man-made rule, something Reinhard is willing to break (as he said himself last episode).

Kesserling relays this to Rubinsky, but is also scheming something himself, blackmailing the bishop of the Terran Church after forcing drugs and alcohol onto him. He offers him Earth if he can get Fezzan from his father.

Reinhard prepares one of the fleets to turn around should Fezzan attack them from behind while they are in the corridor.

Bucock and Yang both know the attack on Iserlohn will not be an isolated one, but the FPA higherups just won't listen.

Reuentahl vs Yang

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 23, 2022 4:06 PM

Dec 2007
after the whole build-up episodes, i can't wait to see how it's going to happen.
of course it won't be interesting if i wouldn't think that something would went wrong lol.
that's the big question really - how the plan would going to fail? it seems perfect and the FPA doesn't seems to think in that way.

the last point is, again, flaw of the anime. the FPA leaders will never learn, and will always be stupid not seeing clear things as yang sees.

with that being say, it's all more making me waiting for what kind of twist LotGh is going to make.
Nov 20, 2022 2:26 PM

May 2018
Julian could have his own harem if he wanted to!
Jan 9, 2023 2:02 AM

Aug 2018
Great seeing Reinhard assign Ragnarok commanders and whole battle plan, whole space collidors plan still just seems so risky yet possible.

Julian finally arriving in Phezzan only to be met with incompitent Alliance personnel there, it had to be expected, at least he tried seeing Phezzan politicians reaction to possible empire invasion and it was as expected from such overconfidence of them. Good explanation and build up episode

Mar 15, 2023 2:47 PM

Jun 2014
I enjoyed the quality and lore building of this episode, the strategies all make sense and are interesting
May 28, 2023 8:47 PM
Dec 2021
pretty good episode, all three sections were good. Looking forward to seeing Ruental against Yang. Reinhard's care to detail with having proper supply lines and reinforcements is exactly what the Alliance invasion was missing. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.