Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 29, 2010 11:36 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Out on Japanese PSN. Episode 3 will be out on March 5, 2011.
Oct 30, 2010 1:05 PM
Nov 2009
is this out on US PSN yet?
Oct 30, 2010 5:51 PM

Feb 2008
yes it out on the US PSN but it only the japanese/eng sub version
Oct 30, 2010 9:42 PM

Apr 2008
And now another long wait begins...
Oct 31, 2010 3:27 AM

Sep 2008
pretty decent, wasn't as good as the first episode but still pretty awesome. Looks like the next one will come out alittle sooner, only 5 months this time instead of 8.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 31, 2010 4:48 AM

Jan 2008
Rather uneventful episode but as with previous ep, the production qualities were great.
Whether Full Frontal is Char Aznable is yet to be seen, but from his manner of speech and behavior, I'd bet he is. Now let's wait for March...

7.5/10 for this episode

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Oct 31, 2010 4:57 AM

Nov 2007
Now I will have to wait patiently yet again. Brilliant stuff!

10/10. I am usually easily sold to Gundam :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 31, 2010 5:35 AM

May 2009
It was awesomesauce. Even with a lot of talking it's still a lot more interesting than all the other anime out there. I could listen to Full Frontal's voice all day.
Oct 31, 2010 6:10 AM

Apr 2010
SteveKeys said:
The long waits are worth it, this Anime is very good.
I really like all those theory's and speculation Laplace box, sounds like the box of Pandora.
Oct 31, 2010 7:43 AM

Aug 2009
stAtic91 said:
It was awesomesauce. Even with a lot of talking it's still a lot more interesting than all the other anime out there. I could listen to Full Frontal's voice all day.

Shit, the talking was so interesting, I honestly didn't even need the mobile suit action. It was just icing on the cake

-Stupid ZZ. I just had to watch you in order to understand the Mineva Zabi thing. Hell, I didn't even finish it. It wasn't even that necessary anyway.

-Okay, Unicorn's gun is too overkill. Seriously.

-And I just realized Angelo is voiced by Natsu.

-Oooh, I just saw a quick Newtype flash from Riddhe!

-So, I wonder who Full Frontal truly is. True, it would be totally cool if it turned out he was the real Char, but something tells me he's not. Everything he says always seems like it's part of the bigger picture and that's why Char is awesome. It was interesting how someone brought up the concept of his mask which is something I wondered about. ("I don't have a scar. I just wear this cause I'm too bishie) It's an interesting take on it, using the mask as a tool of propaganda. Speaking of which, the way he dodged around the debris? *whistles*

-MOST AWKWARD FAMILY DINNER EVER! (loved the part where Marida picked the kid upside down and handed the girl to her mom)

-"Like dropping a colony or trying to cause an ice age"
Ha! That was in a movie! :P

-

So yeah, my blu-ray is on order now. Loving this Gundam a lot.
Oct 31, 2010 8:50 AM

Jul 2008
About to watch this through a stream now that's subbed, although none of the trackers have any torrents for the second ep yet. That would be inevitable anyway lol
Oct 31, 2010 10:38 AM

Aug 2007
The first episode was indeed stronger, but even then I wasn't bored with this episode at all. The whole talking the whole exhanging of conversation with Banagher and Full Frontal was great in itself. They may have been little fight scenes, but they are great in itself. Full Frontal has to be Char he was dominating the battlefield for quite a while. At least the next ep is March, I don't have to wait that long this time.
Oct 31, 2010 10:42 AM

Oct 2009
WHERE ARE MY SUBU~?! >:O
Oct 31, 2010 11:01 AM

May 2009
DeathReaper said:
WHERE ARE MY SUBU~?! >:O
[TV-J] Kidou Senshi Gundam UC Unicorn - episode.​02 [BD 1920x1080 h264+AAC(5.​1ch JP+EN) +Sub(JP-EN-SP-FR-CH) Chap].​mp4

There they are.
Oct 31, 2010 2:28 PM

Mar 2010
I quite was surprised the raw version had 2 dubs and 5 subs in it. o_o
Anyway,
stevewiess01Oct 31, 2010 2:58 PM

Oct 31, 2010 4:21 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing second episode.
-This is where UC truly shows that it can manages to show both sides as good and bad. -The action sequence are amazing as usual.
-Sinanju is sexy!!
-Great political intrigue
-Shuuichi Ikeda is so great!! Such a charastimatic voice!! Full Frontal, second coming of the Red Comet!!
-Marida Cruz is interresting and so... mysterious. I love her.

I'll be honest, I prefer this episode just a little bit better than the first one. Excellent series.

Now we have to wait, *marks calendar for March*
Oct 31, 2010 5:25 PM

Feb 2008
this seems like its going to be a very good gundam series when its all said and done
Oct 31, 2010 6:17 PM

Jul 2010
It was great and I didn't even mind that there was only one major battle scene (which was awesome btw).

The politicking, characters, and the setting as a whole seems to be the most authentic and fleshed out among the Gundam series I've seen thus far.

Are all UC Gundam this good? Seriously thinking about seeing them now.
Oct 31, 2010 6:39 PM

Aug 2009
Acquiesc3 said:

Pretty much. Though it can get very YMMV at parts and it's not like they're completely infallible.
Oct 31, 2010 7:34 PM

Jan 2010
The pacing in this one played out a lot more slowly compared to Day of the Unicorn, but it was still deliciously awesome. The suspense is killing me! D:

Call me cruel, but I couldn't help but laugh when Banagher accidentally shoots that Geara Zulu down with the Beam Magnum. I knew it was awesome, but I sure didn't see that one coming. The Unicorn is sooooooo sexy.

It's March until the next one, but I think I'll be plenty pleased to run through the political dialogue in this one for a while... especially since I watched it the first time around with Japanese subs, and only just discovered where the option to change subs had been hiding in the filters tab. XD
Oct 31, 2010 8:04 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode overall...patiently waiting for ep 3 :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2010 8:09 PM
Feb 2009
If only the episodes would come out sooner, then the excitement inside me wouldn't die in the next waiting months.
Oct 31, 2010 8:43 PM

Mar 2010
Another great episode. Maybe not as action-packed or intense as the first, but the dialogue was still intersting and compelled us to pay attention. Again, the animation and production was amazing, nuff said. The ending theme was pretty good, as well. Absolutely looking forward to the ''closer than before'' episode in March!
Oct 31, 2010 11:17 PM

Jun 2008
I honestly preferred this episode to the last, even though both were amazing. I'm thinking that Full Frontal might very well be Char. He moves like him the battlefield and even looks nearly just like him, only this guy has packed on the weight, though.
Nov 1, 2010 1:04 AM

Nov 2007
SteveKeys said:

just do what this guy did below.
Duskrados said:

Now we have to wait, *marks calendar for March*

and i am always excited. time will fly. hopefully i will survive the next two years to complete this masterpiece.
Acquiesc3 said:

Yes they are. Although, unfortunately I saw English versions. I can only imagine the Japanese versions (audio) should be better. also bear in mind that the anime are really old, and you might as well get caught with lower visual pleasure and lose interest, which will be sad.
Setsia said:
If only the episodes would come out sooner, then the excitement inside me wouldn't die in the next waiting months.

the excitement doesn't die for me, the excitement of wait kills me, and i am revived when the new episode is released. at least thats what happened to me with this episode.
Joel_Shelton said:
I'm thinking that Full Frontal might very well be Char. He moves like him the battlefield and even looks nearly just like him, only this guy has packed on the weight, though.

lol. same thoughts here. but i doubt that. it was quite an ending in the Counterattack. if he lives after that, i would just say 'Wow!'
Coronavirus.
Nov 1, 2010 1:42 AM

Jul 2009
Woot! Finally have time to watch it today & it awesome to hear Ikeda voice again as Full Frontal :)
Nov 1, 2010 4:02 AM

Feb 2010
first on was better and 5 month for the next one omg
Nov 1, 2010 4:32 AM

May 2009
bskbob said:
first on was better and 5 month for the next one omg
It's four months actually. Which is half the time we had to wait for this episode.
Nov 1, 2010 4:34 AM
Jul 2010
Fuckin' another episode, just awesome §
Full Frontal ftw <3

Argh, almost 5 months combo again, that's boring.
Nov 1, 2010 6:42 AM

Jul 2008
CHAAAAAAAAR.

ZgMfx2oAFrEeDoM said:
Another great episode. Maybe not as action-packed or intense as the first, but the dialogue was still intersting and compelled us to pay attention. Again, the animation and production was amazing, nuff said. The ending theme was pretty good, as well. Absolutely looking forward to the ''closer than before'' episode in March!

^ this.

And Uchiyama Kouki's voice gets me more and more.
Nov 1, 2010 7:08 AM

Feb 2005
Those flashbacks shots showing the kid getting some sort of training at least makes his piloting ability a little more believable than usual.
But I still have to facepalm about the boring old clichés here and there. And godammit, they still haven't figured out a way to put some security lock on those catapults?
Nov 1, 2010 9:38 AM

Jun 2008
lol. same thoughts here. but i doubt that. it was quite an ending in the Counterattack. if he lives after that, i would just say 'Wow!'

Yeah, if he's still alive, that might be a little bit extreme.
Nov 1, 2010 9:50 AM

Nov 2008
Excellent Episode but that's definitely not char, he's most likely some sort of cyber newtype that acts almost like him. Angelo needs to lighten up especially in front of Full Frontal, disgraceful, no reason to turn all batshit insane just for Bangher disagreeing with Frontal, cyber newtype or not, he has to be the worst case of mental instability among them save for Fuala Griffon and is definitely up there with Katejina Loos.

Nov 1, 2010 1:27 PM

Aug 2010
Good thing they kept up the production value. Visual eye candy!

This time we only have to wait 4 months which is great
Nov 1, 2010 8:04 PM

Sep 2009
This episode answered a lot of my questions, especially since I haven't watched all the U.C. Gundams yet, so I was grateful for that. This episode had some of the most interesting political talk I've heard in any fictional media. Only five more months until the next episode? Nice.
Nov 2, 2010 12:41 AM

Sep 2007
Man Full Frontal totally ripped the Nahel Armada a new one by himself. Banagher is exhibiting typical Gundam naivete. I just hope he turns into a badass instead of becoming more emo.
Nov 2, 2010 12:43 AM

Nov 2007
With Utmost Love and Absolute Admiration of Gundam Unicorn:

Putting that aside, which I found out after watching the anime a dozen time already in last couple of days :P, nothing can take away from the fact that the entertainment I had was enormous. Can't wait for March the 3rd!
Coronavirus.
Nov 2, 2010 3:53 PM
Dec 2007
THIS is Gundam. I know I already said that after the first ep, but Unicron is hands down the best Gundam series released in the decade (since Turn A), everything is so top notch, including the great character developments, incredible visuals and enchanting musical atmosphere. On top of that, this second episode is a huge improvement on an introduction that was indeed very promising and well-paced, but this one is just... Wow. The artistic, production and enjoyment values are just tremendous.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 2, 2010 3:54 PM
Dec 2007
THIS is Gundam. I know I already said that after the first ep, but Unicron is hands down the best Gundam series released in the decade (since Turn A), everything is so top notch, including the great character developments, incredible visuals and enchanting musical atmosphere. On top of that, this second episode is a huge improvement on an introduction that was already very promising and well-paced, but this one is just... Wow. The artistic, production and enjoyment values are just tremendous.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 2, 2010 4:04 PM

Jan 2010
shanimebib said:
]RX-0's Original Beam Magnum (Hyper Burst RX-0 Magnum) has six rounds of fire in one cartridge. And the animation does show that Banagher changes the cartridge after every six shots, however, the artwork doesn't. When they are mounted behind the Unicorn, it shows five rounds of fire in one cartridge. A mistake I guess.

can we get a source on that please? I went back to check his first barrage, and I count exactly five shots, not including the stray round that sliced the Geara Zulu in half (because you can assume that it's a delayed showing of an earlier shot, which only just made it to their position). I'm fairly certain that the five-shot cartridge is correct, and this is even reflected in the Unicorn's debut into the Gundam vs Gundam series of games; he has five shots per reloaded round. Even the models have five-round cartridges.

While we're at it, though, can someone confirm for sure whether the whole cartridge counts as an 'e-pac', or is it one of those battery-esque parts of the whole that's considered an e-pac? Several sources cite the Magnum as being able to shoot mega-particle cannon loads with the use of an entire e-pac, but if what he's shooting now is a 'normal' shot for the Magnum, then... well.
Nov 2, 2010 4:10 PM

Sep 2009
..............now ...for the next ep ... >.>
Nov 2, 2010 8:16 PM

Nov 2007
midgemage said:
can we get a source on that please? I went back to check his first barrage, and I count exactly five shots, not including the stray round that sliced the Geara Zulu in half (because you can assume that it's a delayed showing of an earlier shot, which only just made it to their position). I'm fairly certain that the five-shot cartridge is correct, and this is even reflected in the Unicorn's debut into the Gundam vs Gundam series of games; he has five shots per reloaded round. Even the models have five-round cartridges.

Assuming you watched the RAW out there,

00:29:01 First shot
00:29:13 Second Shot
00:29:14 Third Shot
00:29:18 Stray Shot (According to you)
00:29:22 Fourth Shot (Fifth)
00:29:24 Fifth Shot (Sixth)

00:29:53 Reloaded.

00:29:58 First Shot
00:30:00 Second Shot
00:30:01 Third Shot
00:30:21 Fourth Shot
00:30:23 Fifth Shot
00:30:24 Sixth Shot

No Stray shot! and It doesn't matter how powerful they are if they can't hit Full-Frontal. ;)

00:30:53 Reloaded

00:30:55 First Shot
00:30:59 Second Shot
00:31:01 Third Shot
00:31:08 Fourth Shot
00:31:10 A shell pops out and RX-0 Beam Magnum still has two rounds available for disposal.

I hope this helps.

As for the model:

As for the game, I cannot confirm, since I never played it. Now dont ask for screen shots, because that will be way too much work. :P
Well again, I could be wrong, since I never played the game.
Coronavirus.
Nov 3, 2010 2:23 AM

Apr 2009
Baman said:
Those flashbacks shots showing the kid getting some sort of training at least makes his piloting ability a little more believable than usual.
But I still have to facepalm about the boring old clichés here and there. And godammit, they still haven't figured out a way to put some security lock on those catapults?
actually, if you were paying attention, it was obvious that the guy from Anaheim gave Banagher the green light.. whether there really isn't a security lock on the catapult, however, that i don't know.. and the cliches are probably intentional..

as for the game, it indeed has 5 shots maximum.. but counting the fact that Turn A's Moonlight Butterfly does not instantly kill everyone, Strike Freedom being the weakest most nerfed 3000GP MS and all types of funnels can be used even in the Earth's surface, can we really count on that?

btw, i love this ep.. while there is only one major action sequence, it was too much for me and i had to take a break to realign my thoughts for the upcoming conversations.. and these conversations are well-written.. there is something significant in everything that they say if you are very particular with UC era.. (yes, even the way Banagher blurts out corny emo things because he is a growing Newtype)..
argiliumNov 3, 2010 2:32 AM
Nov 3, 2010 5:52 AM

Jul 2007
Finally I get a chance to reply on my feelings of this episode.

Well, I loved it - pretty much. It was so worth the wait, and just reminds me why I love original Gundam so much <3 The animation is amazing, just, gosh the quality! And Char!! Finally he appears!! I - have so many theories about whats going on with him now. Already seeing other characters I'm growing to like too from this epi.

Okay, I give in. I'll be buying the blu rays now. And waiting patiently till march.

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Nov 3, 2010 12:01 PM

Dec 2008
I didn't like Marida at first, but I'm growing to like her because of this ep.
I HATE Audrey!!
I love Banagher!!
Too bad I have to wait until March to see OVA 3...
Nov 3, 2010 2:37 PM

Jan 2010
shanimebib said:
As for the model:

Oh, you're right, he does have a very obvious set of six shots in those later barrages.

I went and looked up the model images again, and I found the one that showed a 5-shell cartridge:

Of course, I only realised today that this is a shot of the HGUC model, and the one you've posted is likely more accurate (It's the MG, right?).

As for the game, I can confirm for sure that it is 5 shots, since I played it, but as arg points out I probably shouldn't put that much faith into it.
Nov 3, 2010 3:54 PM

Nov 2007
midgemage said:

Oh, you're right, he does have a very obvious set of six shots in those later barrages.
Of course, I only realised today that this is a shot of the HGUC model, and the one you've posted is likely more accurate (It's the MG, right?).

As for the game, I can confirm for sure that it is 5 shots, since I played it, but as arg points out I probably shouldn't put that much faith into it.

So they did have five shots in the game. Thanks for the confirmation. But anyways, like i said before, nothing can take away from the fact that this is a masterpiece. And just into 1/3rd of the show, I can already say this will be the best Gundam franchise ever! I am planning to rewatch the U.C. series (0079 and Zeta in particular with Japanese Audio). I watched them in English. So its about time I do my entertainment justice. (I will admit, I enjoy Japanese Audio 10 times, if not more than that compared to the English ones :P, well that is only my preference.)
Coronavirus.
Nov 3, 2010 4:28 PM

Aug 2009
VillettaIchihara said:
I didn't like Marida at first, but I'm growing to like her because of this ep.
I HATE Audrey!!
I love Banagher!!
Too bad I have to wait until March to see OVA 3...

Really? I think Audrey is definitely a good character.
Nov 3, 2010 4:55 PM

Sep 2008
midgemage said:
shanimebib said:
As for the model:

I went and looked up the model images again, and I found the one that showed a 5-shell cartridge:

I actually own the Master Grade Unicorn Ver Ka and a Standard E -pack has 5 shots, but here's the kicker, the e packs are stackable. so you can put a 6th, 7th or as many as you like. So they could have just popped on an extra e pack before he want out.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 3, 2010 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
I re-watched those two episodes and now I really want March to get here! In the meanwhile, I'll probably re-watch V Gundam and F91.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MikelAL93 - May 16, 2014

297 by DivineLion »»
Mar 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ranlos - Mar 6, 2011

86 by TheRestlessOne »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BladedWarrior - Nov 13, 2011

93 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 19, 2010

215 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stAtic91 - Mar 2, 2013

70 by Neemesis_2 »»
Sep 23, 2023 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.