Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2010 6:46 PM

Jun 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dianna's minister spoke of a "declaration of State", defining the Moonrace's territory on earth. He said this would put justice on their side.

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean. The Moonrace has been doing nothing but stealing land since the series began, and just creating a document to say it's theirs is supposed to be justice?

This would actually work if the Moonrace was settling empty land and the dispute with countries of earth was that they considered this to be their own preserve. The Moonrace could argue that it's their by right of being there to settle it.

But that's not what seems to be going on. If this were the case, why weren't they already doing this? Why would they negotiating for land in the first place? Not to mention we see the Moonrace fencing earth people out of land. They're stealing it.
Apr 24, 2012 4:54 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ok. I did not expect Zaku's to show up! At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Zeta Gundam and Double Z show up.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 24, 2012 6:16 AM

Oct 2009
Marzan said:
At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Zeta Gundam and Double Z show up.

And what about Devil Gundam?
Aug 25, 2012 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
I see Zaku's and GM's.

So this is canon to UC now?
Dec 12, 2012 11:26 PM

Jun 2009
Can't say I was expecting UC Gundam's in this. Pretty cool.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 30, 2013 5:45 PM

Nov 2011
Newser said:
Marzan said:
At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Zeta Gundam and Double Z show up.

And what about Devil Gundam?

I think I noticed Big O in the background.
Feb 24, 2014 12:16 PM

Jun 2012
OMG, finally some Zakus appeared! And Will's Mobile Suit was a GM from the original Gundam, right?

I bet this redhead girl is planning something evil. I don't trust her at all.

Why didn't Dianna teel Will the truth already? I would have been a lot simpler.
Mar 30, 2014 11:54 AM

Mar 2010
Za Za Za Za Zakus!!!

It's stupid, but now I'm really on the hook for this one.

And I hope that Devil Gundam (Dark Gundam) comment isn't a spoiler...
Jan 25, 2015 5:27 PM

Jul 2010
Zakus! Sieg Zeon!
Feb 26, 2017 6:05 PM

May 2010
Fronzel said:

Dianna's minister spoke of a "declaration of State", defining the Moonrace's territory on earth. He said this would put justice on their side.

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean. The Moonrace has been doing nothing but stealing land since the series began, and just creating a document to say it's theirs is supposed to be justice?

This would actually work if the Moonrace was settling empty land and the dispute with countries of earth was that they considered this to be their own preserve. The Moonrace could argue that it's their by right of being there to settle it.

But that's not what seems to be going on. If this were the case, why weren't they already doing this? Why would they negotiating for land in the first place? Not to mention we see the Moonrace fencing earth people out of land. They're stealing it.

I think perhaps a better way to interpret it is "the appearance of justice will be on our side". If they draw borders and declare themselves a nation, then they can call the earthlings invaders. Sure, it doesn't make strict logical sense, but from a psychological perspective it makes them seem more legitimate at least.

What makes it more sensible to me is that, in our reality, there is indeed precedent for this. Here in USA, I know that my nation was founded by stealing land from the natives, yet once we drew borders and declared the land ours, everyone else was an invader all of a sudden. It's only harder to believe in this series because the hypocrisy is simplified just like everything else in Gundam.
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 17, 2017 4:14 AM

Dec 2015
The (different?) Zaku were enough to make the episode great, but it even featured a GM !!

Seriously, it was an interesting continuation of the previous episode. The red-haired woman by Game's side is clearly a spy or something.
The very b@d point is the revelation that Harry was really fooled by the Laura/Rolan trap, despite the fact you could believe he had seen through and was just playing along.

The way Kihel and the "minister" plan to make their colonization legitimate and how they want to switch the victim/aggressor perception was laughable despite being basically what happened in the real world.

3/5

@St0rmblade Thank you. I noticed the Ideon effect only a few months later because I was waiting the end of the Universal Century to start with Tomino's other series. (Ideon then Dunbine the next year, a series I recommend you to check by the way.)
Rei_IIIDec 29, 2020 4:10 AM
Jan 1, 2019 2:06 PM

Jul 2016
A really good action packed episode and it was nice to see Loran just throw down the gloves and just go.

I'm still finding the switch dumb.. so suddenly the milquetoast Kihel, who even stated she was not a leader like Dianna.. is now suddenly becoming a leader. And with Dianna, why does she not just tell Will who she is? And Sochie can still not tell it isn't her real sister?

Anyway, good stuff.
Jan 2, 2020 4:54 PM
Jul 2011
It's good to see more UC mobile suits in this show.
Jan 14, 2020 11:39 AM
Sep 2016
They did establish earlier that the sunbelt is very unpopulated.
Feb 22, 2020 4:17 PM

Jan 2017
MY GOOD BOYS ZAKUS
Jun 15, 2020 9:56 AM
Jul 2017
Seeing the Zakus were way cool. These battles are so short. Still a bit confused about the timeline.
Dec 26, 2020 4:08 PM

Aug 2017
Strange that Diana referred to the same (?) place with the house as Kingsley and Albany.

Seeing the same level of technology several generations earlier (during Diana's flashbacks) was a bit surprising, honestly. No progress at all?

Loran should get more used to utilizing his shield.

Rei_III said:
The (different?) Zaku were enough to make the episode great, but it even featured a GM !!

Seriously, it was an interesting continuation of the previous episode. The red-haired woman by Game's side is clearly a spy or something.
The very b@d point is the revelation that Harry was really fooled by the Laura/Rolan trap, despite the fact you could believe he had seen through and was just playing along.

The way Kihel and the "minister" plan to make their colonization legitimate and how they want to switch the victim/aggressor perception was laughable despite being basically what happened in the real world.

It looks like a reference to Ideon though:
https://twitter.com/CharaSoon_ken/status/1325165863457099776

A bit disappointed about Harry too. I wonder if we'll ever see Loran crossdressing again (it's not necessary to answer)

Rei_III said:

@St0rmblade Thank you. I noticed the Ideon effect only a few months later because I was waiting the end of the Universal Century to start with Tomino's other series. (Ideon then Dunbine the next year, a series I recommend you to check by the way.)

Hearing Norio Wakamoto's voice in the Dunbine PV on MAL definitely made me want to watch it more than I felt I did before haha. Apparently the legendarily bad Garzey's Wing is also somehow related to Dunbine, funny
St0rmbladeDec 29, 2020 4:21 AM
Dec 9, 2021 12:47 AM

Oct 2013
BLUE ZAKU NO ZAKU OR RIOT
Nov 20, 2023 5:32 AM

Jul 2017
The Zaku II were the highest point of this episode.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 29 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Sep 18, 2012

17 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 5, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 7 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

21 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

19 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 4 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

24 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

23 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.