Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 25, 2008 11:33 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I could tell I'm going to have trouble remembering all those names. I might have to write some of them down ^^;.

This was a good first episode. It was a bit overwhelming with so many characters being introduced one after the next but I could get the gist of each of their overall roles. At least they gave one less person to remember with the quick introduction and death of Lap.

I want to see how Yang intends to turn things around. Reinhard seemed cautious even though he had the advantage. At least he doesn't have to worry about second guesses for his plans whereas Yang needs to work around incompetence.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 4, 2008 4:13 PM

Mar 2008
I just started on this series. I am looking forward to seeing more, and that is what a first episode should do ... so top marks.

I was also confused by the characters. I decide to just go with it and see what happened. I have a feel for who is who, and if their names are important i am sure I will pick them up eventually.

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Jun 8, 2008 2:00 AM

Apr 2008
Same as you guys, the names were a bit hard and definitely distracted me throughout the episode. With a lot of stuff, an introduction means a long standing character, but when Lap was killed, I was very pleased. The "von" parts didn't help either. Though they were more familiar than Japanese names.

The ending theme was is amazing. Wish more anime had ballads like that, like Kaiba.

4/5
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Aug 7, 2008 11:08 AM

Sep 2007
The only names worth remembering so far are Reinhard (the blonde commander) Sieg (his red-haired friend), and Yang (the Hero of El Facile, or whatever).

Looks like this will be a good series. I can always go for a good Space Opera.
Oct 6, 2008 1:10 PM

Sep 2008
so many names D: but i can tell that it's gonna get better from here on well... i hope lol
Nov 12, 2008 2:24 AM

Feb 2008
Woah, this really caught my attention. I dismissed this before because I had a bad feeling about an old show like this and the amount of episodes but it seems to be pretty good actually. Will likely finish, but this will require a lot of marathoning.
Feb 18, 2009 6:22 PM

Jun 2008
I wasn't even planing on seeing this show. Anyway the show seems interesting (I hope).
Feb 18, 2009 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
kie_ said:
Anyway the show seems interesting (I hope).

I have come to the objective conclusion that this is the greatest anime in the history of the medium. Stuff like Cowboy Bebop or GitS: Stand Alone Complex will hold a special place in my depraved heart, but LotGH objectively is the greatest anime production ever made. Its only flaw is the animation, if you can even call that a flaw, its more like an unavoidable budget hurdle to overcome.

Believe me you'll be glad that they keep throwing names at you, a very wise decision because there are hundreds of characters and if they only showed their names once a lot of viewers, me included, would instantly forget them.

One last thing that I heavily recommend: watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes: My Conquest Is The Sea of Stars, before this OVA. It was released first and is set before as well, a perfect introduction to the franchise and transitions perfectly from movie to OVA, making you more prepared for the situation and characters.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 19, 2009 1:59 AM

Mar 2008
Cihan said:
kie_ said:

I have come to the objective conclusion that this is the greatest anime in the history of the medium. Stuff like Cowboy Bebop or GitS: Stand Alone Complex will hold a special place in my depraved heart, but LotGH objectively is the greatest anime production ever made. Its only flaw is the animation, if you can even call that a flaw, its more like an unavoidable budget hurdle to overcome.

Have to agree with this.
Feb 19, 2009 2:19 AM

Oct 2008
Same. I mean DER

Lol, LOGH is the only anime that all of my friends who have seen it have scored it a 10.
Feb 19, 2009 5:22 AM

Jun 2008
Cihan said:
kie_ said:

One last thing that I heavily recommend: watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes: My Conquest Is The Sea of Stars, before this OVA. It was released first and is set before as well, a perfect introduction to the franchise and transitions perfectly from movie to OVA, making you more prepared for the situation and characters.

Well I don't care much about the animation. My only concern is the enjoyment I get from this show

Yeah I know that I should start " Legend of the Galactic Heroes: My Conquest Is The Sea of Stars" first, but as I said before, I wasn't even planing to watch it. The four episodes of LOGH were just hanging in my desktop for nearly six months, and yesterday I was really bored, then I suddenly started watching the first episode lol. Anyway thanks.
Feb 19, 2009 9:50 AM

Sep 2007
M_A said:
Cihan said:
kie_ said:

Have to agree with this.

Thirded

As for the whole "remembering names" issue - It's been about half a year since I finished the series, and I can still list the names of 30+ LoGH characters. The fact that they keep displaying the names on screen helps, but it's also amazing that they manage to characterize such a huge cast so well.
Feb 19, 2009 12:08 PM

Mar 2008
naikou said:
M_A said:
Cihan said:
kie_ said:

Have to agree with this.

Thirded

As for the whole "remembering names" issue - It's been about half a year since I finished the series, and I can still list the names of 30+ LoGH characters. The fact that they keep displaying the names on screen helps, but it's also amazing that they manage to characterize such a huge cast so well.

That's a good point. The names are long and not really easy to remember. (reinhard von lohengramm lol) But the characters are memorable and since there is a lot of dialogue, you keep hearing the names over and over, so you end up remembering the characters.
Mar 20, 2009 11:51 PM

Jun 2008
It looks pretty good so far. Kind of reminds me of Gundam.
I'm back.
Mar 21, 2009 1:30 PM

Oct 2008
I can't watch this.

I never liked old animation. Japanese old animation is terrible in particular.
I was barely able to re-watch DBZ last week because of the animation. I'm going to have to drop this until/if they remake it.

Mar 24, 2009 6:28 PM

Mar 2008
^lame
Mar 24, 2009 7:52 PM

Oct 2008
M_A said:
^lame

Well as an Animation Major It's really really to watch it
>_>

Rewatching DBZ kept making me laugh at the animation and fuzzy graphics.
I did the same with this episode lol.
Mar 24, 2009 11:05 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah animation is really important, especially when you don't take the time to enjoy one of the finest story of anime all anime.
Mar 25, 2009 8:31 PM

Jan 2008
Viperslayer said:
I can't watch this.

I was barely able to re-watch DBZ last week because of the animation. I'm going to have to drop this until/if they remake it.

Viperslayer said:
>_>

Cihan said:
Regarding the art and animation, if you have a problem with sparse architecture, rooms with a handful of chairs and windows, cityscapes with generic skyscrapers and not much else of note; crowd scenes that look like something a high school kid produced with pocket-money budget, then you might have a problem with LotGH. You'd have a problem period, because these flaws are due to budgetary constraints not ineptitude on the art department's behalf. If that irritates you then you're not a reasonable person. You will be placated to know that the art and animation increase slightly over the course of the 9 year production.

Viperslayer, in ten, fifteen years time, when your kids or someone you know says to you that they cant watch (your current favourite anime) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Michiko to Hatchin, Ghost Hunt, Eureka Seven, at all, because the animation sucks the left nut of a diseased donkey, how are you going to feel? Will their opinion render your own view of these animes' stories moot at all?

The left nut, not the right, but the left nut.

And you're an Animation Major too, are they teaching people to only make things sparkly and flashy these days? Animation is meant to facilitate story, not just be window dressing. But all that is beside the point, LotGH is not intentionally animated badly, its a consequence of budget limitations, you cant hold that against it, not like anime which have plenty of budget but are still animated shoddily.

The best entertainment in the world are remembered for their stories, not how good they look. People will remember The Godfather, they wont remember Fantastic Four. People will remember Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, they wont remember Vexille.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 26, 2009 5:18 AM

Mar 2008
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed......

eps 1-28 ---- dl is fast

but 29+ its sloooow
Mar 27, 2009 3:27 AM

Nov 2007
Pretty interesting, I can see the potential. The old animation didn't bother me near as much as I thought it would, though I must admit that I found Reinhard's group's uniforms really annoying.

I'm really looking forward to watching more of this.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Mar 28, 2009 6:59 PM

Oct 2008
Cihan said:
Viperslayer said:
I can't watch this.

Viperslayer said:
>_>

Cihan said:
Regarding the art and animation, if you have a problem with sparse architecture, rooms with a handful of chairs and windows, cityscapes with generic skyscrapers and not much else of note; crowd scenes that look like something a high school kid produced with pocket-money budget, then you might have a problem with LotGH. You'd have a problem period, because these flaws are due to budgetary constraints not ineptitude on the art department's behalf. If that irritates you then you're not a reasonable person. You will be placated to know that the art and animation increase slightly over the course of the 9 year production.

Viperslayer, in ten, fifteen years time, when your kids or someone you know says to you that they cant watch (your current favourite anime) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Michiko to Hatchin, Ghost Hunt, Eureka Seven, at all, because the animation sucks the left nut of a diseased donkey, how are you going to feel? Will their opinion render your own view of these animes' stories moot at all?

The left nut, not the right, but the left nut.

And you're an Animation Major too, are they teaching people to only make things sparkly and flashy these days? Animation is meant to facilitate story, not just be window dressing. But all that is beside the point, LotGH is not intentionally animated badly, its a consequence of budget limitations, you cant hold that against it, not like anime which have plenty of budget but are still animated shoddily.

The best entertainment in the world are remembered for their stories, not how good they look. People will remember The Godfather, they wont remember Fantastic Four. People will remember Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, they wont remember Vexille.

I give it a chance depending on by the end of the series it looks better. I'm guessing that's the case right?
>_>
Also, until they make Personal imax tvs, I doubt animation quality will improve much, if not at all in the next 10 years. Unless we're talking about 3D animation, that's completely different. However with 2D animation I can't see it improving much even within the next 5 years.

Apr 7, 2009 1:15 PM
Mar 2008
Cihan, please don't try to explain this shounen-lover what's a good anime, he even has images with spoilers in his avatar and signature, don't waste your time. Just take a look at his list and you'll understand what I am saying.
WishyApr 13, 2009 4:08 PM
Apr 10, 2009 6:02 AM

Mar 2008
I don't think that animation is that big of a deal in this series... this appeared in the 80s. Not that it was lack of budget, "good" animation was not much better than this by that time.

As for the episode itself, I didn't like being showered with characters right from the start but having their names written on screen every time they appear is certainly helpful! Then, I have a lot of episodes to watch so I'll eventually memorize their names. xD
Apr 12, 2009 3:39 PM
Apr 2008
And so the legend begins...

Damn, so many characters, and I bet there's probably more. So far so good.
May 5, 2009 1:05 PM

Jan 2008
How come that stupid commander is still in charge? He should have long been demoted. Poor Wenli, has to work with dumbfucks like him =(
May 5, 2009 1:33 PM

Dec 2007
Finally got around to starting this, the 110 episode count kinda scared me off, but if I watch two episodes per day I can get it done in a month and a half. With a lot of people I was surprised at the number of characters introduced in this first episode but with the length there will be enough time to elaborate on that ones that live. As for people complaining about the animation, it's from the 80's, look at Thundarr the Barbarian, sure it was made earlier but it probably had a bigger budget than this show and looks far worse.

#NBHNC
May 16, 2009 2:47 PM

May 2007
I don't see whats so good about this series.

Its like a gundam without gundam's and loads of characters. lol

Maybe i'll put on hold

What i said acording to Banman:
Its like a gundam with a deep and realistic story with actual politics, historical reflections, novel- level narrative and dialogue as well as masterfully crafted characters more realistic and alive than I've seen in any other anime.

Mind that i only saw the first episode, so what i marked are things i didn't see in the first episode.
RyushiMay 16, 2009 7:24 PM
May 16, 2009 3:26 PM

Feb 2005
Ryushi said:
Its like a gundam with a deep and realistic story with actual politics, historical reflections, novel- level narrative and dialogue as well as masterfully crafted characters more realistic and alive than I've seen in any other anime.
fixed.
One episode alone does not do the series justice, trust me.
May 16, 2009 6:44 PM

May 2007
Baman said:
Ryushi said:
fixed.
One episode alone does not do the series justice, trust me.
Yeah, i know that.

But i'm feeling like i won't like this series. No matter how awesome it is.

I admit that it sure is a good series. It just doesn't grab my attention.
I dunno.

Maybe its because of my REALLY high expectations for it, since it got LOADS of good reviews, and loads of guys like you saying that its the best thing out there.

Don't worry, i won't become a hater.
Even if i sound(ed) like an ass in my post, i really won't.

Oh, yeah, let me explain why i didn't felt much like watching.
(No, its not about the art, especially when i saw old gundam series and didn't have a problem with that. And let me tell ya something, old gundam series' art sucked.)
I didn't like the fact that the pilot factor wasn't considered at all.
It seemed as if the pilot woudnl't matter at all when you got an strategy.

I would'nt call rushing towards the enemy a strategy, but since they were going to use it as some kind of way to get the enemy unprepared, i won't complain.

I'm not a fan of those: "Your movements are so obvious that i know how you will attack me, even not knowing anything about you."
Well, i'm not a fan anymore. I got my fill with geass and Death Note, so yeah.
(Maybe i'm being unfair here, please disconsider if you think that)

How would guys like that commander actually become commanders?
At the moment you lost contact with a batalion you go help it, unless you think it might be a trap.
What he did?
"Oh, its okay, i'm sure they just kicked that blond guy's ass and aren't being able to contact us."
Which means: Nothing.

He did that because the other battalion's commander was his friend and he knew his friend would win?

Even after all contact was lost?

That doesn't seem right to me.

RyushiMay 16, 2009 7:19 PM
May 17, 2009 4:46 AM

Feb 2005
Ryushi said:
Oh, yeah, let me explain why i didn't felt much like watching.
(No, its not about the art, especially when i saw old gundam series and didn't have a problem with that. And let me tell ya something, old gundam series' art sucked.)
I didn't like the fact that the pilot factor wasn't considered at all.
It seemed as if the pilot woudnl't matter at all when you got an strategy.

I would'nt call rushing towards the enemy a strategy, but since they were going to use it as some kind of way to get the enemy unprepared, i won't complain.

I'm not a fan of those: "Your movements are so obvious that i know how you will attack me, even not knowing anything about you."
Well, i'm not a fan anymore. I got my fill with geass and Death Note, so yeah.
(Maybe i'm being unfair here, please disconsider if you think that)
There is much more consideration of the personalities and perks of the commanders later into the series, as some of them get quite famous for using specific strategies and and tactics.
How would guys like that commander actually become commanders?
That's also a common point in the series, many of the commanders become commanders simply because they have graduated with flying colours and kissed the ass of some superior or given command as a gesture from the Kaiser, the problems there lie in the inefficient system on either side, which is much disliked by the two protagonists.
Also, there have been plenty of bad commanders in real life as well, people might seem to be good strategists and leaders on paper but then prove unable to handle the stress of real combat.
But such problems gradually disappear as the story progress and the inefficient and unsuited are cleared away in one way or another.
May 17, 2009 5:21 AM

Jan 2008
Isnt Gundam the franchise that relies just on Anaheim corporation churning out the more powerful mecha, and the franchise where battles rely only on two factors: Who has the better mecha and who has the better Newtype ability?

I love the Gundam franchise but after watching so many Gundam shows in a row I started to get irritated by the fact that the franchise's only commentary on actual battles is on technological superiority. That's how the good guys win in the end every single time, they simply have better mecha than the enemy.

Now, granted, there is the same concept in the real world, but battles in the real world do not always rely on better tech either, I mean look at the current wars the US is waging, who are they struggling against? It's nothing but raggedy dudes with RPGs and AK47s, yet these guys have lasted a long time and worn down a powerful country's resources and endurance.

LotGH relies on more relatable factors such as competence and strategy, and each battle feels very different than the one before it, so you get variety throughout the show as opposed to Gundam where I can pretty much tell how each battle is going to pan out beat for beat.
May 17, 2009 10:06 AM

Feb 2005
Beatnik said:
Isnt Gundam the franchise that relies just on Anaheim corporation churning out the more powerful mecha, and the franchise where battles rely only on two factors: Who has the better mecha and who has the better Newtype ability?
And who is the most hot blooded/can scream the loudest.

As for technology, look at Germany in WW2. It had by far the most advanced tech, even if they wasted a lot of money in ineffective designs, but technological superiority did not help their crumbling reich when the allies pincered them and the Red Army came rolling into Berlin.

Although the Reich in LotGH does seem to have some superior technology in relation to their ships being able to enter the atmosphere and land on planets and water, while the FPA's bulkier and more utilitarian ships has to be parked in orbit. And let's not forget the Empire's fortresses.
But at least they seem to be more or less on the same level in effect.
May 17, 2009 2:01 PM

May 2007
Baman said:
And who is the most hot blooded/can scream the loudest.

Actually thats the main factor on how powerful a gundam pilot it, in the gundam series.
There is only one exception which is Kou, but never mind him please. lol

Maybe i made my self not so clear, but i really didn't say that gundam was better.

Beatnik said:
I love the Gundam franchise but after watching so many Gundam shows in a row I started to get irritated by the fact that the franchise's only commentary on actual battles is on technological superiority. That's how the good guys win in the end every single time, they simply have better mecha than the enemy.

Now, granted, there is the same concept in the real world, but battles in the real world do not always rely on better tech either, I mean look at the current wars the US is waging, who are they struggling against? It's nothing but raggedy dudes with RPGs and AK47s, yet these guys have lasted a long time and worn down a powerful country's resources and endurance.
Yes, thats true.

Another downside of gundamn is the repetitive plot devices/characters, tho thats to be expected from a series with so much diferent stories.
(I don't intend to cover their asses since this isn't much an argument, its just a statement)

I'm glad you guys ain't those rabid fags that go bashing on other users just because that user didn't like the series the same way you liked it.

I did forgot to mention, on the list of reasons of why i MIGHT put on-hold this series, that it's story is too serious, which is somehow a downside to me, since all i've been watching untill now were fast paced plot-less series, so seeing something like this becomes boring...
May 18, 2009 5:01 AM

Feb 2005
Ryushi said:
I did forgot to mention, on the list of reasons of why i MIGHT put on-hold this series, that it's story is too serious, which is somehow a downside to me, since all i've been watching untill now were fast paced plot-less series, so seeing something like this becomes boring...
Well, that I can understand. It certainly is a serious series first and foremost, even though there are the occasional comedic input, especially from many of Yang's people on the FPA side.
But if you don't like the serious tone, you might not find it very awesome.
May 18, 2009 9:10 AM

Jan 2008
It's very droll humour, not childish slapstick nonsense. I mean millions of people die in each battle, you've got to expect a semblance of seriousness in this story.
May 31, 2009 3:14 PM

Nov 2007
I watched first episode and I felt nothing. I actually found the plot pretty hard to follow since the episode did deliver very little to none stimulation in the storytelling. Plot wasn't nuclear physics, I just found it really hard to follow (like sitting in math class). The names were really problematic, in worst cases after reading the subtitles, the name had already left the screen. I have to admit, I didn't catch too many of them, and the ones I read, I forgot.

So yeah 1 episode seen and 109 left to go. Even if my thoughts might be pretty negative at this point, I'm pretty sure I will find the idea of the show when the time comes. Of course, now I just have to find the inspiration to watch more of this.

And yeah, the animation doesn't bother me too much. I overall like this hand drawn and "rough" 80's style, it's really nice alternation after five million episodes of one bleach shippuuden.

Wishy said:
Cihan, please don't try to explain this shounen-lover what's a good anime, he even has images with spoilers in his avatar and signature, don't waste your time. Just take a look at his list and you'll understand what I am saying.

I can assure, you know nothing of a person just with a glance into someone's profile page. It's not valid argument in any circumstances.
Jun 2, 2009 7:24 AM

Oct 2008
Orangevision said:
I watched first episode and I felt nothing. I actually found the plot pretty hard to follow since the episode did deliver very little to none stimulation in the storytelling. Plot wasn't nuclear physics, I just found it really hard to follow (like sitting in math class). The names were really problematic, in worst cases after reading the subtitles, the name had already left the screen. I have to admit, I didn't catch too many of them, and the ones I read, I forgot.

So yeah 1 episode seen and 109 left to go. Even if my thoughts might be pretty negative at this point, I'm pretty sure I will find the idea of the show when the time comes. Of course, now I just have to find the inspiration to watch more of this.

And yeah, the animation doesn't bother me too much. I overall like this hand drawn and "rough" 80's style, it's really nice alternation after five million episodes of one bleach shippuuden.

Wishy said:

I can assure, you know nothing of a person just with a glance into someone's profile page. It's not valid argument in any circumstances.

Trust me, I'm sure most people who've watched LOGH had the exact same thoughts cross through their minds, myself included.
At the end of the first episode, I was confused, especially by the names. But let me say this, LOGH is a show that becomes easier and better to watch as you watch more of it. Once you become absorbed in its plot, in the world of LOGH, everything just opens up and the brilliance hits you like a wave (ok, that's pretty far fetched but you get what I'm saying). The character names become engraved in your head, and plus even the main characters have their names still appearing when they're introduced for a number of episodes after you encounter them, so remembering their names isn't a problem.

Oh, just make sure you don't have huge gaps between each episode, otherwise you will forget things, and you won't be able to become involved with the plot.
Jun 14, 2009 5:33 PM

Mar 2008
Whoever was complaining about not liking the first episode, well, it's the first episode. Out of 110.

i didn't even get into LOGH until i saw about 30 episodes.
Jun 29, 2009 10:01 AM

Dec 2008
Just finished watching the first episode minutes ago. I was surprised with the introduction of many characters and it'll probably take a while for me to remember their names, but it's a good thing that they put their names on the screen.

Everybody says that the show starts getting interesting from episode 20 onwards, but after watching the first episode I'm already hyped. Usually when people say "Best thing ever, watch it!" I always end up disappointed but I have high hopes for this series.
Jun 29, 2009 10:57 AM

Jan 2008
Cowabunga said:
Just finished watching the first episode minutes ago. I was surprised with the introduction of many characters and it'll probably take a while for me to remember their names, but it's a good thing that they put their names on the screen.

Everybody says that the show starts getting interesting from episode 20 onwards, but after watching the first episode I'm already hyped. Usually when people say "Best thing ever, watch it!" I always end up disappointed but I have high hopes for this series.

They put the names on the screen continuously, you will never forget the important characters. But because of how lost you already are (you're supposed to be), doesn't it already feel like it has a grand scope and established universe? That's the problem I have with many shows, they tend to keep the storytelling narrow and very linear.
Jul 7, 2009 10:06 PM

Apr 2008
I must say that I had doubts about this series. It looked slow and boring and unnecessarily long. Then I watched the first episode a few minutes ago, to see what all the hype was about. It was slow. But it wasn't boring. I can tell already that I'm in for a ride, and I'm able to understand what all those 10's are for, especially if it doesn't really get going until episode 20. I'm excited.

The Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai. You will be honored to accept his invitation.
Jul 9, 2009 2:58 PM

Jan 2008
BokuSatchii said:
I must say that I had doubts about this series. It looked slow and boring and unnecessarily long. Then I watched the first episode a few minutes ago, to see what all the hype was about. It was slow. But it wasn't boring. I can tell already that I'm in for a ride, and I'm able to understand what all those 10's are for, especially if it doesn't really get going until episode 20. I'm excited.

It has to be slow, it's a very long show. And unlike your Narootus or Blechs, it's not divided into simple archs, it's continuous.
Jul 23, 2009 5:16 AM

Jun 2009
As others have said, that was alot of characters introduced. The only ones I remember are Reinhardt and Yang.

I don't know if it'll live up to the hype, but I hope it's good.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 23, 2009 5:40 PM

Jan 2008
usasoldiern said:
As others have said, that was alot of characters introduced. The only ones I remember are Reinhardt and Yang.

Don't worry, they reintroduce the characters every couple of episodes with those on-screen titles. And why else would an older title be hyped up so much?
Jul 23, 2009 9:21 PM

Jun 2009
BluMeino said:
usasoldiern said:

Don't worry, they reintroduce the characters every couple of episodes with those on-screen titles. And why else would an older title be hyped up so much?

All i'm saying is.. just because others like it, doesn't mean I will. Now, don't get me wrong. It isn't as though I WANT to dislike the show.

Also, do Reinhardt and Yang keep getting reintroduced? It would be annoying, since they are the main characters.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 25, 2009 6:30 AM

Apr 2009
It's not so great. The tactics are incompatible with the technology, and some things were just stoopid (we know where the enemy fleet is, so why can't we figure out that they're right next to us?)...
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Jul 27, 2009 9:56 AM

Feb 2008
Mawootad said:
It's not so great. The tactics are incompatible with the technology, and some things were just stoopid (we know where the enemy fleet is, so why can't we figure out that they're right next to us?)...

The antiquated tactics are part of the 18th/19th century motif, along with the Romantic music, ridiculously huge epaulets, German names that take up half the screen, etc... If it seems silly then that's the point.
Nice
check this rad twitter out: http://twitter.com/fuckyeah_anime
Jul 27, 2009 11:35 PM

Jun 2009
Ninja337 said:
Mawootad said:

The antiquated tactics are part of the 18th/19th century motif, along with the Romantic music, ridiculously huge epaulets, German names that take up half the screen, etc... If it seems silly then that's the point.

Some people just don't get the point.

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 2, 2009 7:43 AM

Jan 2009
I came into watching the first episode after watching Overture to a New War. Originally, I thought about skipping the first two episodes after watching this. In the end, I decided to watch them to see what differences there were. Indeed, I found them and surprisingly this did nothing significant to detract from my overall satisifaction of the series.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.