Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 25, 2010 9:44 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Looks like everyone has their own reasons to become S-class :O
Some pretty unlikely combos though;

Gajeel / Levy
Lucy / Cana
Grey / Loki
Juvia / Lisanna

Things are getting interesting :)
Sep 25, 2010 10:56 AM

Aug 2007
And elfman? Does Evergreen fight with him

O.o Freed and Bixlou, this will be interesting
Sep 27, 2010 8:54 AM

Mar 2010
I never would have expected to be this kind of pairing.. but i'll look forward to it :P
Oct 2, 2010 11:52 AM

Feb 2009
^Must be chapter 202 they're talking about.

Mashima isn't letting up on fanservice, both for girls and for boys XD. Everyone looked great, even Evergreen and Wendy XD. The first test is up to chance and skill. Lol at Natsu picking "E" for Erza XD. So "G" is for Gildartz but there's no "M" choice is there :3. This first battle should be interesting. It's given that Cana and Lucy will win here since Cana is an integral part of this arc but question is how. Should be fun. But why did Lucy say that both of them will be S-class by the end of the exam? I thought only the 8 chosen by Makarov to take the test will be promoted.
belatkuroOct 2, 2010 11:59 AM
Oct 2, 2010 11:55 AM

Jan 2008
Poor Kana and Lucy. They got the worst possible setup in this round.

And Gray's naked? Yikes! I can't believe the girls didn't freak out more with him walking around naked. Although Juvia, I can understand her swooning of his naked form. XD But poor Wendy. She's just a kid and she's already seen her first naked man.

So the exam has begun, and everyone's treating it like a race. Gotta wonder what abilities Mystogun's protege has that he got himself and Wendy off of the ship so quickly.

I do hope that Natsu really does meet up with Erza though. It'd be interesting to see just how powerful he's really gotten.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 2, 2010 12:21 PM

Apr 2009
This chapter was hot and this arc is awesome.
Oct 2, 2010 12:29 PM

Oct 2009
Damn, i really can't wait a week for this.
I'm really hoping Cana and Lucy will give us a badass battle, since those two have already proven how strong they are before.

I lol'd hard with Gray naked. No discretion at all xD
Oct 2, 2010 12:43 PM

Jul 2008
so some fanservice (even some for the ladies) and then the first battle is about to begin
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 2, 2010 12:44 PM

Oct 2008
Oct 2, 2010 12:45 PM

Sep 2007
Delicious ladies in bikinis.
Oct 2, 2010 12:49 PM

Dec 2008
Aaah<3 Sexy Gray is sexy!!! I LOL'ed @ the last panel, Cana's & Lucy's faces xD
I hope they beat Freid & Bixslow...And I dnt want Erza vs Natsu...that'd be booorrrriinnnggg. Though! I do want Lisanna vs Mirajane o_O I wonder how that would go.
Oct 2, 2010 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
wait the partner can also become S class? Lucy said we. Anyway E for Erza!
Oct 2, 2010 1:08 PM

Dec 2007
I bet the E path is--just to give Natsu some irony--the quiet path.

Funny that Evergreen talks about being unable to think about treating everyone as enemies when she frickin' had no problem fighting Fairy Tail under Laxus. :/

But seriously, Freed should've been smart and done what Bixlow said about sealing them there forever. Then him and Bixlow would only have to worry about Levy/Gajeel, Elfman/Evergreen, and possibly Mest/Wendy.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Oct 2, 2010 1:16 PM

Apr 2009
Seeker said:

Funny that Evergreen talks about being unable to think about treating everyone as enemies when she frickin' had no problem fighting Fairy Tail under Laxus. :/

yeah WTF XDDDD

anyway ofc Lucy and that chick will win cause we saw her in flashback ;D
Oct 2, 2010 1:23 PM

Dec 2009
LOL at Gray; I never expected him to do that. No wonder Juvia was quite happy.

I hope the next chapter brings us a great battle. Oh, and like Seeker said, I doubt Natsu's dream come true; he won't fight Erza.
Oct 2, 2010 1:30 PM

Feb 2008
We saw Grey's butt.. This chapter is win!

And then we saw half naked Elfman.. This chapter is superb!

And then we saw Evergreen and Lucy's butt in bikini.. This chapter is epic.

And then came last panel... THIS CHAPTER IS FUCKING MASTERPIECE.
Oct 2, 2010 1:44 PM

Oct 2009
I'm loving this arc so far.

The race to get off the boat was funny
Oct 2, 2010 1:54 PM

Nov 2008
And the first battle will begin!

Lol at Gray naked xD

Seeker said:
I bet the E path is--just to give Natsu some irony--the quiet path...

Haha that would be funny and I think that it´s very possible.
Oct 2, 2010 2:03 PM

Dec 2007
"Mirajane: Hard battle?" lol

I do hope we get to see some more Satan mode.

Oct 2, 2010 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
The quite path might be the one where that kid appears
Oct 2, 2010 2:33 PM
Nov 2007
Definitely agree with Seeker
Oct 2, 2010 2:36 PM
Mar 2010
Oct 2, 2010 2:42 PM

Aug 2007
Scince when Wendy is o the class S contest??

Wooaaa... Lucy and Cana vs Bixlow and Fried!!!. Yay, I want to see the battle
Oct 2, 2010 3:37 PM

Sep 2007
LUL ! XD
Gray butt... Awesome !
Oct 2, 2010 3:37 PM

Sep 2007
minimiau said:
Scince when Wendy is o the class S contest??

Wooaaa... Lucy and Cana vs Bixlow and Fried!!!. Yay, I want to see the battle

When Mest asked her to be his partner in the last chapter.
Oct 2, 2010 4:27 PM
Nov 2009
hJ said:

Yea I was thinking that might be possible
Oct 2, 2010 4:50 PM

Jun 2010
Plot aside, the fanservice when this gets animated is gonna be insane.

Final page was funny, bad matchup, but this is shounen, their friendship and determination will lead them to victory lol.
Oct 2, 2010 5:20 PM

Jul 2009
Things are indeed getting interesting. I can't wait for all the battles coming up ^_^
Oct 2, 2010 5:56 PM

Apr 2007
lol I love the whole deal with getting off the boat. Especially Levy, making everyone think she can help get them off then shooting them down XD Great stuff. Can't wait for the battle~
Oct 2, 2010 6:53 PM
May 2008
Really looking forward to how this arc plays out. So far, it's really interesting.

Can't wait to see the battles, especially with who has to take on Erza, Mirajane and Gildartz. Although like someone else said, I'm hoping Natsu gets the quiet path, just out of spite. xD
Oct 2, 2010 8:58 PM
Oct 2009
OMG what shall they do!?!? like Lucy hasn't gotten 3 more zodiac spirits since her last battle with bixlow
Oct 2, 2010 9:30 PM

Mar 2009
I feel sorry for whoever ends up in Gildartz's route.
Oct 2, 2010 10:22 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Looks like Cana and Lucy don't have the advantage, but they'll win.

Oct 2, 2010 10:48 PM

Dec 2007
Knowing how shounen manga, including Fairy Tail, take every little thing said and make it relevant somehow, I'm betting something's going to come up in regard to Makarov's comment about Mavis Vermilion, FT's first master, sleeping on Tenrou Island. Maybe death kid is Mavis?

Oct 3, 2010 12:25 AM

Jul 2009
I think we need more Gray fanservice.
Oct 3, 2010 1:09 AM

May 2010
that was a great chapter. It's getting pretty interesting :D
Oct 3, 2010 1:29 AM

Feb 2010
Show of hands: who thinks Elfman is going down Mirajane's route? That is just SO meant to be.
Oct 3, 2010 3:49 AM

Jan 2009
Nice chapter, but I feel like it wasn't really that hot. It was more fanservice than a plotdevice. I bet you, aside from all those bikini's, we're not even going to notice it was warm :P
Oct 3, 2010 4:56 AM

Feb 2010
nice fanservice exspecially gray :P so the first fight is team Cana vs team Fried.
Oct 3, 2010 6:06 AM

Sep 2008
I kept wondering what Makarov did on the ship, then it hit me. Maybe it's HIS arm that we saw in Charlies "prediction"? It's not impossible, maybe Makarov joined the tour, to find out something about the first master, Mavis Vermilion. And then stumbles uppon "Death Kid" wich happens to be no other than Mavis Vermilion.

I mean, Makarov has knocked on death's door two times since the series started, so i might think his time is over. Also, it would be a good reason for both Cana and Natsu to cry.
Oct 3, 2010 6:42 AM

Aug 2008
I already love this arc :)

So we got Cana+Lucy vs. Fried+Bixalow and I'm pretty sure Cana will win.
Natsu will (oh irony ;P) probably get the quiet path.
Grey+Loki may face Juvia+Lisanna because it will be funny xD
Elfman+Evergreen are just meant to fight with Mira ;)
Mest+Wendy might run into Gildarts so we could see how powerfull is Mystogun disciple :)
And last but not least - Levy+Gajeel will face Erza and win... just because I can't see this pair lose so fast ;D

I probably got all wrong because Mashima just love to surprise his readers but it's still fun to guess ;)
Now I can't wait for the next chapter ^^
Oct 3, 2010 6:57 AM

Sep 2010
Cana and Lucy will win, but it'll be interesting to see how they'll do it.
Oct 3, 2010 7:04 AM

May 2010
what a horrible match up
Oct 3, 2010 9:11 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
All the girls in fairy tail are HOT!

I wouldn't even be able to focus on a exam with so many chicks around me sweating in bathing suits.
Oct 3, 2010 9:55 AM

Feb 2010
I seriously love this chapter!! Love the design of this competition and how competitive everyone was xD (love how the pairs try to make this a race or something ^^)

and i literally went "ROFL" at Natsu's reason for choosing the "E" path xD Well anyways, looks like the fights are gonna be really interesting :3 (though poor Lucy and Cana o_o wonder how they'll be able to fight their battle against Fried and Bixlow >_<)

hJ said:

o crap that would be a big twist =0
Oct 3, 2010 10:24 AM

Oct 2008
Naked Gray Makes Jelly Very Happy! XD

Also, is it just me or is the routs 1-8 not basically a-h?
So, if you look at the given map, route 5(E) is the quiet route and, as witnessed, the route Natsu took meaning he will be through to the next level.

Not only that, if you look at the map again, route 4(D) is inbetween Team Cana/Lucy and Team Natsu/Happy so I doubt Death Kid will appear then, especially considering Erza's battle would be inbetween this.

However, saying that, if both teams crossed onto route 4(D), Erza hand could have been what we saw in Chalies images from the future! She is connected to both of them pretty well.

All in all, I don't think Death Kid will appear until the next level just to add more suspence.
Oct 3, 2010 3:37 PM

Oct 2008
OMG, Gray naked? I want to be on that ship.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 4, 2010 1:58 AM

Jun 2009
Fangirl service! XD Ooohh-Lala! Gray-sama! Hahaha! So happy Loki is one of the main chars here! hehe.. Though how can Lucy defeat Bixlow without Loki?! O.o Waaahhh!

Very exciting arc! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Oct 4, 2010 1:59 PM

Nov 2008
What I liked Good ol' fan service from Lucy Lisana and Cana (for me anyways) what I found boring .. the chapter overall - What I dislike this arcs abrupt change , we have gone through how many arcs now? Countless all for one , one for all guild united arcs now out of no where with no premise or reason for it - TEST TIME - and its hey sorry I have to win screw you.. uh .. ... Plot force much? But its fairly tail I am as usual thinking to much into things. But still...
Oct 4, 2010 3:42 PM
May 2008
Alpha_Norwegium said:
I kept wondering what Makarov did on the ship, then it hit me. Maybe it's HIS arm that we saw in Charlies "prediction"? It's not impossible, maybe Makarov joined the tour, to find out something about the first master, Mavis Vermilion. And then stumbles uppon "Death Kid" wich happens to be no other than Mavis Vermilion.

I mean, Makarov has knocked on death's door two times since the series started, so i might think his time is over. Also, it would be a good reason for both Cana and Natsu to cry.

I like this theory.

Shourii said:
I already love this arc :)

So we got Cana+Lucy vs. Fried+Bixalow and I'm pretty sure Cana will win.
Natsu will (oh irony ;P) probably get the quiet path.
Grey+Loki may face Juvia+Lisanna because it will be funny xD
Elfman+Evergreen are just meant to fight with Mira ;)
Mest+Wendy might run into Gildarts so we could see how powerfull is Mystogun disciple :)
And last but not least - Levy+Gajeel will face Erza and win... just because I can't see this pair lose so fast ;D

I probably got all wrong because Mashima just love to surprise his readers but it's still fun to guess ;)
Now I can't wait for the next chapter ^^

That's pretty much what I've predicted as well, but I don't mind being pleasantly surprised.

sirwence said:
What I liked Good ol' fan service from Lucy Lisana and Cana (for me anyways) what I found boring .. the chapter overall - What I dislike this arcs abrupt change , we have gone through how many arcs now? Countless all for one , one for all guild united arcs now out of no where with no premise or reason for it - TEST TIME - and its hey sorry I have to win screw you.. uh .. ... Plot force much? But its fairly tail I am as usual thinking to much into things. But still...

I do agree FT's pacing can be a little off at times, although in all honesty, I notice it more during the middles of arcs than in between them. Granted, FT hasn't gotten as bad as Bleach's pacing so I actually don't find it that deterring.

Also, the test is a recurring event (I think it's annual) and I mean, there's only really been about 4-5 arcs already haven't there? It'd screw up the pacing more if they took the S-Class test any earlier really.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 294 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

azeriraz - Aug 3, 2012

121 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 292 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Jul 12, 2012

112 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 291 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VK11 - Jul 12, 2012

201 by aoo-kun »»
May 4, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.