Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2010 5:15 AM
Feb 2010
I've got a project going on at College were I have to collect things of little or big important to me and I got the idea for this discussion.

What silly little things have you kept but they are still important to you? Maybe they hold little memories? or maybe you just find an odd importance in them?

Searching through my room I've found little notes and doodles that friends have given me which ofcourse hold memories. I've got a little bell that's attached to a ribbon which was once tied to the outside of my rabbits cage when I was younger which I've still kept over all these years. I've also found some other bits too but I want to hear of yours, if you have any to share. :)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 9, 2010 5:25 AM

Aug 2010
Oh wow-

I've got heaps!

Amongst "Good Luck" notes from my friends for insignificant math common tests from 5 years ago i keep:

- chocolate wrappers
- extra 7 pack gum wrappers
-old train/bus tickets...

-and the oldest but not least- my favorite baby blanket- it's bordering on turning 18 and i still sleep with it on my bed...

...omg- i sound like a bin-

>.>
Sep 9, 2010 5:25 AM

Aug 2010
My old stationary bike I seldom use nowadays. Burned so many calories with it back in the day.
Sep 9, 2010 5:26 AM

Aug 2009
my first hentai dvd I ever bought of La Blue Girl...I don't know why I still have it since I have the whole series on my harddrive....must be just a reminder of what a tool I was back then to go into a sex shop to buy hentai... -.-
Sep 9, 2010 5:28 AM
Feb 2010
cat-craze said:

- chocolate wrappers

Just curious but do you know why you decide to keep these?
xD
Sep 9, 2010 5:40 AM

Dec 2009
What an odd topic. What subject is it?
Doubt Doubt.
Sep 9, 2010 5:49 AM

Aug 2010
Jiynnx said:
cat-craze said:

- chocolate wrappers

Just curious but do you know why you decide to keep these?
xD

Not sure about the chocolate wrappers- i think it's more the fact that i've collected very flavor in that range...

-the gum wrappers though- it was a competition at first with my friends (yeah, we were that bored-), but then the extra 7 pack wrapping became extinct two years ago when they got superseded by the 14 pack... i guess it's like a memento of carefree good times-

=D
Sep 9, 2010 5:55 AM
Jun 2008
I am still watching Naruto because Naruto is the first Anime that bring me into loving Anime so much. Even thou Naruto having suck filler,looneytoon Animation,stupid plot line and boring story(sometimes),despite of all that I will still continue as a stupid loyal viewer .Hurray!!! <,<
I blame One piece for discouraging my interest in watching Naruto and bleach(drop).....
Sep 9, 2010 6:07 AM

Mar 2009
A broken mechanical pencil because I've used it for about 7 or 8 years and I just can't let go of it.
Sep 9, 2010 6:09 AM
Feb 2010
xElement said:
What an odd topic. What subject is it?

I know I thought it was odd too, I've never done anything like it for College before.

It's for Textiles, we haven't been told much about it yet but apparently we're supposed to use them and draw them or something. Sounds like more of an art based project if you ask me, but they've apparently got it all planned out for a reason.

cat-craze said:

Not sure about the chocolate wrappers- i think it's more the fact that i've collected very flavor in that range...

-the gum wrappers though- it was a competition at first with my friends (yeah, we were that bored-), but then the extra 7 pack wrapping became extinct two years ago when they got superseded by the 14 pack... i guess it's like a memento of carefree good times-

=D

Well, fair enough. :D it's odd what people keep isn't it?
I remember when I was younger I used to try and keep balls of my hair that was pulled out from my hairbrush, my mom hated it and threw it out all the time. It's weird now since I absolutely hate loose hair, I was an odd kid.
Sep 9, 2010 6:19 AM

Dec 2008
Got quite a few, but probably the most ridiculous is the remains of my oriental paper folding-fan.

This is what it used to look like (different art though):

And this is what it looks like now:

I've kept it for several months now... not sure why I'm still keeping it.
Sep 9, 2010 6:26 AM
Feb 2010
@MasterRice, I bet it was pretty. What happened to it?
Sep 9, 2010 6:26 AM

Dec 2007
My plushie cat without legs. He's about 20 years old.

Feathers of my bird, who died last year.

And a load more, I keep almost everything.....
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Sep 9, 2010 6:31 AM
Jun 2008
ladyxzeus said:

they are dead are you are still keeping it?
Sep 9, 2010 6:57 AM

Dec 2008
Jiynnx said:
@MasterRice, I bet it was pretty. What happened to it?

Paper fans don't last long if you use it a lot. It just snapped so I threw away the paper and... kept the sticks. For what? I'll never know LOL.
Sep 9, 2010 8:36 AM

Mar 2010
hmm, the only thing I can think of is a blanket my grandma made me when I was a baby, however it now covers 1/4th of my body and it's torn up from me using it so much.

Sep 9, 2010 9:05 AM

Feb 2005
Only thing that comes to mind are a couple of 7.62x51 casings from the military. My last two shots from when I got the first sharpshooter pin, so they're cool mementos to have around I guess.
Sep 9, 2010 9:08 AM

Oct 2008
My crappy manga drawings - I kept them just to laugh at how useless I am at drawing xD
Sep 9, 2010 9:23 AM

Dec 2007
MorningGlory said:
ladyxzeus said:

they are dead are you are still keeping it?

Yes, I am keeping the feathers. Once in a while, when we moved his cage around, my bird would jump hysterical and tons of tail and wing feathers fell then. I keep all of them.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Sep 9, 2010 9:26 AM

Mar 2009
I have my "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" book in my dorm. I stopped reading it/using it in sophomore year but it still is a little emotional anchor that I can use to remember my early high school years.

I also have the plushies my ex gave me for Christmas... She didn't have a job so she saved money from wherever she could to get them for me :']
Sep 9, 2010 9:51 AM
May 2010
Probably my Gameboy advance, im surprised that it still works.
Sep 9, 2010 10:52 AM

Jun 2010
I don't think it's that silly, but I still have a neck scarf that my mom got for me when I was a like 3 years old. 15 years later it's still surprisingly in good condition, although I haven't experienced winter in quite some time. I guess it's important because it reminds me of my childhood.

I'm usually a nostalgic person so I usually tend to keep all sorts of good memories like small gifts, notes, drawings and other things. :)

Sep 9, 2010 2:23 PM

Nov 2008
Baman said:
Only thing that comes to mind are a couple of 7.62x51 casings from the military. My last two shots from when I got the first sharpshooter pin, so they're cool mementos to have around I guess.

You have to outdo us every time, don't cha? I guess it's no less expected from Batman, but still.. cut us some slack.
What do I have?
I don't know.
Sep 9, 2010 2:39 PM

May 2010
For me it's a package of two year old gummy bunnies from Easter.
A lot of the time I can't bring myself to eat my chocolate bunnies and stuff because I feel guilty eating something cute.
I really harsh sometimes, so they remind me of my soft side.
Sep 9, 2010 2:49 PM

Jun 2008
My magazine cover I made in grade 10. Everytime I see it (which is like, everyday, since it's in my bedroom), I remember the time I went through to do it. I googled the name to see if there was an actual magazine that had the same title. And I remember I was the only guy who had a poster that was so different than everyone else's since instead of the typical sports, or fashion magazines, I did mine on robots (rofl, more like gundam models and anime-related mech series). It will be the probably only assignment/work I will ever remember of high school even after decades.

It was really nothing that special. Everyone at my age who remotely even knew about photoshop could've probably done it. But it was grade 10, and most people didn't give a shit on a silly assignment like making a magazine cover. However I remember the joy I put in to make that cover.
TachiiSep 9, 2010 2:53 PM
Sep 26, 2010 7:23 PM

Jun 2010
I've kept tests and quizzes from elementary school
Sep 26, 2010 8:50 PM

Apr 2008
This large Dumbo figurine that my mom painted for me when I was a baby...it's sitting on the top of my shelf. Also old homework and art work...I really don't know why I keep it. And my softball trophies, some of them I have had since I was five.
SevenSep 26, 2010 8:58 PM
Sep 26, 2010 9:09 PM

Apr 2010
Bunches of stuff.

Old birthday cards I've kept since I moved here ten years ago, I don't keep them, they just accumulate in my nightstand drawer.
Also old sticky-notes, and old shreds of paper I wrote phone numbers and stuff on.

Sep 26, 2010 9:35 PM

Apr 2010
hrmmm... ive got tons... the oddest might be bookmarks... doesnt seem to odd at first until you find out that i save all of my old ones... and my old ones consist of old film negatives (lol) straw wrappers, playing cards, sticky notes...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Sep 26, 2010 9:54 PM

Sep 2007
>.> My Baby-Sitter's Club books.

I went through this obsession with that series when I was younger and I'm pretty sure I have nearly every single one. How I got the money for those I'll never know. Either way I'll consider getting rid of them, then have this, "NO THEY'RE MINE" moment and they ended up staying in a big storage bin in my closet. I won't put them on my book shelves but you couldn't pay me to throw them out.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.