Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 10, 2010 7:41 AM

Aug 2008
Nice episode I liked it more than the others, but imo this kind of serius stuff doesn't fit whith an anime almost based on fanservice.

--|Blog|--
Sep 10, 2010 8:43 AM

May 2008
can someone tell me the name of the song and where i can find it

anyway, nice episode
Sep 10, 2010 1:24 PM

Sep 2007
http://www.coucoucircus.org/da/generique.php?id=2360

For the one who want the ED of Captain Future.
Anyways, loved this episode. XD
Sep 11, 2010 6:02 AM
Oct 2007
Interesting episode. I don't know why people are complaining. This is typical of maid shows. You will get the first few episodes of plot, meander around around mindlessly for the majority of the series, and then finish with a few plot episodes
Sep 11, 2010 10:19 AM
May 2009
It was a interesting episode indeed. The backstory for the assist-a-droids reminds me of the many pieces of writing and films done for Artificial Intelligence.
Sep 11, 2010 2:06 PM
Jun 2010
Bruce Willis cameo ftw
Sep 11, 2010 7:41 PM
Jul 2009
They dedicated a whole episode to this?! Almost feels like a waste. They introduce a character and promptly kill her off.

zeroryoko1974 said:
Interesting episode. I don't know why people are complaining. This is typical of maid shows. You will get the first few episodes of plot, meander around around mindlessly for the majority of the series, and then finish with a few plot episodes

Yeah, I don't know what I'm complaining about. I should have known better by now lol.
Sep 11, 2010 10:13 PM

May 2009
The restaurant scene made me yearn for root beer. The rest of it had me fighting to stay awake.
Sep 14, 2010 4:28 AM

Apr 2008
i almost wanted to puke listening to everyone singing the song -.-

Sep 17, 2010 6:33 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty zzz episode

0.01/5
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 20, 2010 8:05 AM

Feb 2010
*silently shakes head*
.....hopeless...
Oct 10, 2010 10:21 AM

Nov 2008
Great episode. It made me think about our own future as a civilization and the possibilities of space exploration. I kind of feel sad that if that moment comes, I will be long gone.
Oct 15, 2010 1:17 PM

May 2007
Now I know why Eris was being so emo all the episode.
A little bit more of that sad song and I'd also start to search the meaning of life while cutting myself.

Oct 24, 2010 9:01 AM

Oct 2009
Hellicus99 said:
Best episode so far.
Haters gonna hate.

agreed.
あらあら。。。
Dec 4, 2010 5:00 PM

Nov 2010
Chihara Minori has a very beautiful voice. I'm glad she was the one that sang this song.
Dec 21, 2010 4:28 PM

Dec 2007
Hellicus99 said:
Best episode so far.
Haters gonna hate.

This. Discussion thread is full of fail. People are approaching this the wrong way. Either that, or the director doesn't get the audience he's shooting at.

Asobi ni Iku yo deals with a lot of themes and ideas that most fanservice series don't bother to think about. The entire series (this episode included) deals with the concept of first contact, and the human perception of what that should be like.

Episode nine feels out of place because in this case it's dealing with it from the point of view of Cathea, the aliens that have already made it.

I feel sorry for the creators of Asobi ni Iku yo. They're stuck with an audience that doesn't expect much from them and ignore when they DO get more than the norm, claiming that it's still the typical fanservice/harem crap.

Incidentally...Lonely Spaceman came out of nowhere. Sad song, but awesome timing 'cause I didn't see it coming. The hints were just that subtle.

Incidentally--the person talking about how 800 years is too far back...dude. Not the point. If they had picked some super specific date that coincided with a major point in human history, that would've been fake. They're SUPPOSED to be way ahead of us.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Apr 4, 2011 3:44 AM

Jan 2010
This episode sticks out like a sore thumb in terms of quality. It's so much above most episodes of Asobi. This thread is a good example why the MAL community has such a bad rep...

I loved that they explained why the assistaroids can't be too human-like. I liked how Lawry didn't look completely like a human. I liked how Eris wasn't all happy happy joy joy this episode and felt some guilt. The ending was great, I loved the shot where we see the earth slowly backing away only to change into the moon and see Lawry drown in the water (her last request, I assume). Great episode, seriously.
My tastes > your tastes.
Apr 19, 2011 1:59 AM

Sep 2009
SageShinigami said:
Hellicus99 said:
Best episode so far.
Haters gonna hate.

This. Discussion thread is full of fail. People are approaching this the wrong way. Either that, or the director doesn't get the audience he's shooting at.

Asobi ni Iku yo deals with a lot of themes and ideas that most fanservice series don't bother to think about. The entire series (this episode included) deals with the concept of first contact, and the human perception of what that should be like.

Episode nine feels out of place because in this case it's dealing with it from the point of view of Cathea, the aliens that have already made it.

I feel sorry for the creators of Asobi ni Iku yo. They're stuck with an audience that doesn't expect much from them and ignore when they DO get more than the norm, claiming that it's still the typical fanservice/harem crap.

Incidentally...Lonely Spaceman came out of nowhere. Sad song, but awesome timing 'cause I didn't see it coming. The hints were just that subtle.

Incidentally--the person talking about how 800 years is too far back...dude. Not the point. If they had picked some super specific date that coincided with a major point in human history, that would've been fake. They're SUPPOSED to be way ahead of us.

QFT

Yeah, this is unlike all the other Asobi episodes but I think that's a good thing. Philip K. Dick fans would like this episode.

It was cheesy don't get me wrong but those who thought this was boring/stupid/just didn't understand it need to think about civilisation a bit more and understand that you are a product of your past - not just your own, but those of multiple generations. The writers obviously have a much larger repertoire than they're currently being able to show in what is essentially a T&A fest that we've all come to watch. I hope they're able to move on to more highbrow series/movies in the future. Personally, having watched/read several "different species, similar rights?" scenarios, it was refreshing to see one with a conclusion - even if it wasn't an ideal conclusion, though sadly probably a more realistic one.

/surmon
Jun 4, 2011 7:54 PM

Sep 2008
Uguu~
I felt bad for Sara having her miss the Assistaroid.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2011 7:39 AM

Apr 2011
Don't forget the fact that this anime's goal is to be a comedy... Aren't many comedies totally random and made of not so well linked parts? Are they less funny for this reason? I don't think so. ^^
To me, it's a fun to watch show without very deep ambition to set up an epic fantastic and thick story background.

I appreciate it the way it was meant: as a relational ecci comedy with a random sci-fi story. That appart, my favorite anime series are those who efficiently set an epic fantastic and thick... (see first paragraph lol). Fate/stay night forerver! <3

Peace to all!
DraigJul 7, 2011 8:02 AM
In his desperate attempts to be real, the fake is more valuable than the real thing.
-Kaiki Deshuu
Jan 3, 2012 6:31 PM

Dec 2007
With this episode I only just noticed they have both cat ears and human ears... They have FOUR ears! O_O
Jul 21, 2012 8:59 PM
Jul 2012
I don't know whether i'm posting this in the right place but are there going to be more episodes or a season of this show? and is there a website for the creators of the show
Sep 9, 2012 7:42 AM

May 2012
What a sad episode I really hope those filthy dogs will be defeated!
Oct 31, 2012 9:47 PM

Jul 2007
Talk bout a change of atmosphere, this episode was very mellow, the new assistriod of course is going to be a girl model lol, who wouldn't of saw that coming?

Yeah i didn't really get the whole explanation between the ancestors and thier conflicts they had in the past with the previous assistriods. I might go back and watch that part again because its probably an important element of the story and the one they called "master" was actually a male catman.

I loved the vocal music theme used at the end, that was simply beautiful. So did they actually drown her at the end thier, thats what it seemed like.

anyways nice episode and the end of the first volume since i was watching this on blu ray. I imagine the last 3 episodes are going to focus more on finale of this season.
ArtimesGamerOct 31, 2012 11:59 PM

Oct 31, 2012 9:57 PM

Jul 2007
anime_n00b said:
...anoooooo

wtf?

wtf is going on with this series lol... 3 episodes left.. and.. thats all Ive got to say.. wtf... lol.

It is obvious its not going to end, the light novels are still publishing, but im betting that this episode showcased an important part of the story that may take place in the future of the series, maybe not this season but another season perhaps.
ArtimesGamerNov 1, 2012 12:00 AM

Apr 3, 2013 7:54 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty boring episode.
May 16, 2014 3:58 PM

Feb 2013
.....sad.....
May 16, 2015 3:55 PM

Apr 2013
The song was nice and everything but... nothing happened ._.
Jun 5, 2015 4:22 PM

Sep 2013
I dont like how this animu turned grim. I like the spaceman song tho.
Sep 9, 2015 5:27 AM

Jul 2015
this made me feel bad :/
Jan 18, 2018 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
i bet if Kio would have knows Her life is ending he would have tried to convince her to to accept him as new master, Kio would have tried to save her, cause its obvious she chose that route cause she was thinking that she wont find as good master as he was & if she would have learned more about Kio she would have realized that Kio is ferry similar to him & so in the end she would have changed her mind & accepted Kio as her new master

that's how it would have gone if they have told this to Kio sooner, hes the type who wants to save girls in trouble
Feb 23, 2018 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
Seems like there are people who read into this too much and those who don't at all...

And then there is me... How the fuck did they know that song 800 years ago? :D
Oct 28, 2018 8:41 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was surprisingly touching with its themes of death, regret and redemption. The melancholic song was wonderful and the highlight of the series.
Feb 20, 2019 5:29 AM

Nov 2013
This song and performance are way too cool for this shitty anime.
Feb 5, 2020 10:10 PM

May 2017
The captain future otaku girl with her strange hat was funny and cute , idk where she come from and it seems no one care, eitheir shes introduced later or this part got skiped , only 3 ep left, doesnt look good

They added a new girl , that was the good part but they had to kill her, but before that they make us hear the same music twice in 5mn , what worse everyone sing it , even the dog girl !
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jun 1, 2020 10:51 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The randomness of the show continue, there is no intact point to the main plot. Like, yeah, like they all just chill out there, completely forget why they are in the show. I don't give a fuck with the first assista-whatever-thefuck-was-thename, cause its not necessary. What is the point on this episode? Nothing. Progress? Absolutely none. So, what is the meaning? To waste my time? Sure. Thats it. Damn. Weak episode. I almost dumped this fucking show, if i don't remembering the fact that this show had a HanaKana.

Another shit tastes continue in the next. The amount of enjoyment really decreasing. The ecchiness lacking, the comedy completely long gone, the action and detailed backgrounds just over past some episode before, even the romance shit was never happened too. Whatever, then to the show. I just give a simple nod signs to the next episode if the lackster still continue
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 10, 2020 1:45 PM

Nov 2013
An unexpectedly somber episode. I like it.

Manami needs to take a chill pill.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Dec 8, 2020 8:08 PM
Apr 2016
The singing felt so awkward, it was just... I like how people go on talking "bittersweet" here in spite of this literally being a fucking ECCHI ANIME. Of course that doesn't negate it from possibly being "sweet" or anything, but in this case... nope.
May 21, 2021 2:03 PM

Apr 2018
The song was just so beautiful, loving it to death

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 5, 2021 2:24 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
when the dog was watching tv the dog girl said "stop watching anime" and the subs said "stop watching cartoons" lmao
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Oct 21, 2021 9:56 AM

Aug 2020
I see a lot of hate for this episode. I quite liked it. Serious and chill.

Well, still though, that doesn't change the fact that it had no development to the story. I mean, we are left with three more episodes, and yet, we got little to no progress with the cats vs. the dogs. With that said, I can finally say:

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jun 5, 2022 11:15 PM

Jul 2019
"Stop watching cartoons." *watches cartoons herself*

This was a nice episode, melancholic enough to have an impact (on me) but not so melancholic to actually make me sad. Chihara Minori has a beautiful singing voice.

Sep 1, 2022 4:11 PM
Apr 2021
Surprisingly deep, and the song was amazing.
Nov 4, 2022 12:05 PM
Apr 2020
An excellent pace change; the song at the end of the episode was very nice.
Dec 5, 2022 10:12 AM

Jul 2015
This whole space travel subplot thing felt so out of place that I didn't care about it at all.
Feb 26, 2023 3:40 PM

Sep 2020
Surprisingly thoughtful episode, really good.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 25, 2010

166 by xLazuline »»
May 28, 2023 1:53 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Aug 7, 2010

81 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 26, 2023 2:49 PM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Aug 28, 2010

65 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 2, 2023 11:31 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 24, 2010

100 by CEOofLala »»
Sep 7, 2022 6:12 AM

Poll: » Asobi ni Iku yo! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Sep 18, 2010

52 by HanamiDango »»
Jun 6, 2022 10:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.