3It was OK
17.0%
2Disliked it
1.9%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.2
53 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2010 11:24 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked the episode. The flow of the plot was good and the relationship of Parn and Deed is belieavable. Lets see how it ends.

PS: I wanna see more ancient dragons!
KinetaNov 25, 2012 10:24 AM
May 26, 2011 6:51 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
From the beggining of the story it was clear that Deed had a thing for Parn. Wasn't so sure if Parn felt the same way. After this chapter it's safe to say that he does feel the same way.

I still can't get over how good the character designs are. They sure don't hand draw them this pretty anymore.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 4, 2011 7:45 PM

Apr 2009
So Ashram is still alive somehow. Finally Parn got hold of a real badass sword, maybe he can fight toe in toe with Ashram now?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 11, 2013 12:34 PM

Sep 2012
King sword equipped.
Attack + 225, Speed + 112
Jul 2, 2013 4:10 PM

Jan 2011
It was pretty obvious it would end up with Parn sooner or later, but the moment he lunged at that ball of dark energy it was really over the top. It really screamed "would have worked with a holy sword".

Also, Parn has won some fights. He killed some random enemy soldiers/beasts now and then, and he pierced Shooting Star's eye with the ballista. The problem is that there is no enemy for him to fight, except Ashram.

But if you think about it, what fights did Kashue win, or Orson? It was all against random enemies, no actual challenge. It falls a bit short on real fights, only offering Fahn vs Beld, and the occasional clash between Parn and Ashram which ends with Parn being defeated within seconds...

Btw, i love the way they portrayed the elves superior senses. Both Deedlit and Pirotess repeatedely have been the first/only one to notice the other group. Not often seen like this.
Oct 15, 2014 4:02 AM

Aug 2013
Noo just when Parn shows signs of being reciprocating Deed's feeling, this happens :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 20, 2016 8:12 AM

Jul 2015
Loved this episode, finally Parn and Deed are almost together, i love Deed so much !
Aug 5, 2016 10:42 AM

Feb 2015
Yay, Ashram lives after all.
Feb 4, 2017 1:43 PM
Aug 2014
I wonder if Wagnard will actually be able to control Kardis or if it was just a ploy to get someone to resurrect her.
Jul 16, 2017 1:17 PM
Mar 2017
SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN
May 28, 2020 9:02 PM
May 2020
The relationship between Parn and deed is so underdeveloped. Its always been clear Deed had a thing for Parn but never the other way round and they never really did much up to this point to make it believable that it would deepen for Parn to this level. Now all of a sudden in one episode he's head over heels in love with her lmao.
Feb 22, 2021 6:32 AM

Aug 2017
Some of this OVA's orchestral soundtracks really sound like classical music, huh. And a certain track even reminds me of battle music from SDF Macross.

I wonder if the big guy with an even bigger sword (Orson) drew some inspiration from Guts. Or is this too popular of an archetype?

The brief romantic sutiation between Deed and Parn was further enhanced by the first one being in an "insecure" position (barefooted)

Rei_III said:

@St0rmblade Wich Lodoss track if you don't mind? (The "tadadada tata tadadada" from Macross?)
It isn't strange that many tracks will remind you of something by the way. There have been discussions about how the composer possibly "borrowed" several tracks from elsewhere (the given examples in the article were movies).
On regrettera cependant que la magnifique bande originale symphonique de Mitsuo Hagita soit en partie constituée de musiques « empruntées » à d'autres films contemporains (Chouans !, Leviathan)

I can't give you the name of the track (yet) but around the end of the episode, right after Slayn says something like "let's go to Marmo then" and while the shot pans to show Kashue, there's a brief moment playing the music I mentioned (awesome explanation on par with trying to explain Macross tracks, I know; just keep in mind that catchy OST playing whenever Zentradi battle pods attack)
St0rmbladeFeb 24, 2021 3:45 PM
Feb 24, 2021 3:10 PM

Dec 2015
@karsius It's not "all of a sudden". From memory, the OAVs are supposed to mirror snippets of the heros adventures, featuring a scenario here and there, living them live inbetween.

@St0rmblade Wich Lodoss track if you don't mind? (The "tadadada tata tadadada" from Macross?)
It isn't strange that many tracks will remind you of something by the way. There have been discussions about how the composer possibly "borrowed" several tracks from elsewhere (the given examples in the article were movies).
On regrettera cependant que la magnifique bande originale symphonique de Mitsuo Hagita soit en partie constituée de musiques « empruntées » à d'autres films contemporains (Chouans !, Leviathan)

Pretty sure Orson was born before Guts. The first novelization he appeared in was published in 1989, making his in-game/replay introduction logically earlier than that.
Rei_IIIFeb 24, 2021 3:17 PM
Apr 17, 2021 3:52 PM
Sep 2020
Too much epicity!!
Dec 30, 2021 10:15 AM

Nov 2017
Ashram is still alive! 😮 &++ Deedlit's been kidnapped! Bummer!
Mar 7, 2022 5:26 PM

Jan 2009
Arsham survives huh

and the Evil Wizard Wagnard wants to sacrifice Deedlit to resurrect the Goddess of Destruction Kardis

Parn got the Sword of Light now though so he powered up

for sure Parn loves Deedlit and Deedlit loves Parn but Shiris is in love with Parn too huh
Sep 18, 2023 5:40 PM

Dec 2022
Ashram survived. Shock of the century.

Parn and Deed's relationship is showing some progress, but it was abruptly cut short by Wagnard. If he can actually control Kardis with the scepter, then it's hard to see a path to victory for the heroes.
But if you think about it, what fights did Kashue win, or Orson?

Both of them beat Parn, as did every other named character that fought him. This is why I don't understand why he was given Fahn's sword, when there's clearly better candidates out there. Parn has survived this long because of plot armour and outside help, not because of any combat skill he displayed, despite this informed "potential" he's said to have.

I don't mind protagonists being unskilled or untrained, but I do mind when they're rewarded with royal armaments and equipment despite not having the achievements or finesse to deserve them. If Parn actually has this potential that Kashue spoke of, then he is yet to show it. His willpower and determination in the face of adversity could be praised, at least.
Archean-ReturnSep 18, 2023 6:06 PM

Shaded Horizon

Feb 15, 7:37 PM

Jul 2021
Another enjoyable episode, its tragic to see Deedlit taken away. But parns going out after.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GlennMagusHarvey - Aug 11, 2010

50 by stupod »»
Apr 22, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki Episode 1 Discussion

Sick_Bastard - Oct 22, 2008

40 by ccernunnos »»
Apr 21, 3:12 PM

» Does the dub still hold up after 28 years?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

3 by BthatTVK »»
Apr 1, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki Episode 4 Discussion

Veethorn - Jul 25, 2010

20 by extralie »»
Mar 19, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Lodoss-tou Senki Episode 12 Discussion

Veethorn - Aug 29, 2010

15 by bubba460z »»
Feb 15, 8:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.