Forum Settings
Forums

Hirano Aya Discloses Her Love Affairs: Its Aim and Outcome

New
Aug 5, 2010 11:05 PM

Feb 2008
According to Rakuten Woman News, Seiyu Hirano Aya appeared in a TV program and openly disclosed her love affairs on August 4th. She said she had been dating with more than one man, who are all older her and she is currently in love with a man. The TV program threw Hirano's fans into despair and numbers of comments threatening her posted in 2channel and Twitter. Hirano Aya reacted to the comments that "All the experiences support me and I don't want to play characters without knowing the real love. ... Please don't post commens like 'Go to hell!' 'I hate you!'. ... I was self-confident in my tough heart, but they do depress me."

Rakuten Woman reported that the new manager of Hirano is trying to convert her from an idol seiyu to a multi-media "Talent" personality. She had been anxious about the conversion but finally made up her mind to part from anime otaku and to appeal more to girls by the bare confession.

Sources: Rakuten Woman News, Hirano Aya's Web Diary
dtshykAug 6, 2010 12:26 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2010 11:08 PM

Sep 2008
inb4 people start removing her from favorites

I mean, that sucks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2010 11:08 PM

Apr 2009
Go to hell!' 'I hate you!

This.
Aug 5, 2010 11:10 PM

Oct 2008
SEE!!!!! SOLID PROOF THAT SHE IS IN FACT A SLUT!!!!
Aug 5, 2010 11:10 PM

Feb 2009
O...k.... now what?
Aug 5, 2010 11:19 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, DURAMA.

Removing her from favorites? Nonsense.

I've never cared about any seiyu's private life. The reason seiyus should be added to the favorites is because of their voice, and not because of their personal life. And as long as Hirano Aya continues to do a good job voice acting, then I see no reason to remove her; however, if she really does plan on leaving the seiyu business...
AzureHakuaAug 6, 2010 11:03 AM
Aug 5, 2010 11:23 PM

Apr 2009
So she's a slut, big deal.
Aug 5, 2010 11:24 PM

Nov 2007
I watched that show from somewhere on internet, but didn't realize that the fans would go in dispair! (I was going to share the videos in her club)

...Now I need Hirano Aya Dake TV #12...

Edit:

yun90 said:
Hirano Aya is not my fav seiyu but I do like her voice.

This.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 5, 2010 11:25 PM

Jun 2009
Azure_Shockwave said:
I've never cared about any seiyu's private life. The reason seiyus should be added to the favorites is because of their voice, and not because of their personal life.

This.
Hirano Aya is not my fav seiyu but I do like her voice.
jjihhyeAug 5, 2010 11:58 PM

Aug 5, 2010 11:25 PM

Nov 2007
just keep VA'ing Haruhi bitch....thats all I care about, as long as she can do that well, she can go have an orgy of 50 with men aged over 90 for all I care
Aug 5, 2010 11:26 PM

Jan 2010
i just don't understand why celebrity can't live the way they want it to. this is why many people look down on otaku. in my opinion, if you are a fan of someone, then acknowledge of what they are doing. in fact, give them support rather than destroying their dream just for the sake of "cherishing them"
Aug 5, 2010 11:29 PM

Oct 2009
dtshyk said:
but finally made her mind to part from anime otaku and to appeal more to girl fans by the bare confession.

whyy?? =[
i blame the manager, Hirano Aya is faultless!!! hahaha..after all, she is God...and a damn well good leader of the SOS!!
Aug 5, 2010 11:35 PM

Oct 2008
why would anyone add hirano aya to their favorites for her voice? i was under the impression that those thousands of favorites were because she's a slut and people dig that
Aug 5, 2010 11:36 PM

Mar 2010
Azure_Shockwave said:
I've never cared about any seiyu's private life. The reason seiyus should be added to the favorites is because of their voice, and not because of their personal life.

Couldn't have said it any better.
People are so quick to judge these days.
Aug 5, 2010 11:37 PM

Jul 2006
it has been forever since you posted Aya Hirano news.

i was starting to worry.

Aug 5, 2010 11:37 PM

Jan 2009
u have to leave when u are in top :D
Aug 5, 2010 11:38 PM

Aug 2008
Damn, and here I thought I had a chance to date her.
Aug 5, 2010 11:41 PM

May 2008
PepperedHam said:
Damn, and here I thought I had a chance to date her.

This.
Aug 5, 2010 11:45 PM

Jun 2009
Does this mean she's date younger guys when she gets older?
Aug 5, 2010 11:54 PM
Jan 2009
It might just be bias due to the sources that I get news from, but I seem to hear more and more about Aya Hirano's public image rather than, you know, her voice acting.

I don't consider her an 'idol seiyu'. Not if that is supposed to be a single label anyways. I certainly do not idolize her for her VA talents. She is nowhere near the top, because she doesn't have the experience. Her biggest roles are Haruhi and Konata, and those are old (and she had the Kyoani factor backing her then). What has she done recently of note?

Quoting the wikipedia article on Tarento:
wikipedia said:
Detractors of the phenomenon have referred to it in an English sense as "famous just for being famous" because many that fall into this career line have no discernible talent outside being featured on television.

Just about sums up my feelings about her 'career direction'. I do wish her the best of luck though.

...just curious, has she seen Perfect Blue?
Aug 6, 2010 12:14 AM

Jun 2008
BigSimo said:
i was under the impression that those thousands of favorites were because she's a slut and people dig that

Wait...Are you saying that's not the reason people add her? Shit...
Aug 6, 2010 12:14 AM
Jan 2008
just wondering.... but, what the hell does this have to do with anime and manga?
the answer? nothing, her personnel life has no relevance here
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Aug 6, 2010 12:15 AM

Sep 2008
Does she really think she can make it big in the talent industry? She's only popular with the otakus but mainstream people probably have not even heard of her.

I don't really care. The less I see of her, the better. I've never liked her much anyway.

If she really leaves the seiyuu industry for good, no big deal. There are many upcoming and rising voice actresses.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Aug 6, 2010 12:17 AM

Oct 2008
Redfoxoffire said:
BigSimo said:
i was under the impression that those thousands of favorites were because she's a slut and people dig that

Wait...Are you saying that's not the reason people add her? Shit...
yeah tell me about it i'm in shock
Aug 6, 2010 12:21 AM

Jul 2008
BigSimo said:
why would anyone add hirano aya to their favorites for her voice? i was under the impression that those thousands of favorites were because she's a slut and people dig that

whoa someone going on the offensive...

i like her voice... i prefer her over alot of other female voices, but im not a die-hard fan (she is on my favs though... i think)

i really dont care if she is a slut or a playa... she can do whatever she wants to

why is this a big deal anyway? if x girl down the block did this, would she be on tv? no, so why care just cuz she talks for animated characters
Aug 6, 2010 12:22 AM

Jul 2006
renjikuchiki1 said:
just wondering.... but, what the hell does this have to do with anime and manga?
the answer? nothing, her personnel life has no relevance here
you'll be surprised at how many times Aya Hirano news gets posted.

Dont try to understand why.

Aug 6, 2010 12:31 AM

Nov 2008
Is this serious? No way...
Aug 6, 2010 12:33 AM

Dec 2009
Big deal . She's not the first celebrity to do that and neither the last . Besides, who cares about her private life as long as her voice-acting is good ?
Aug 6, 2010 12:36 AM
Jul 2009
Azure_Shockwave said:

Correct. Unfortunately, it's the industry (this includes the seiyuu themselves) that depends on and feeds the image expected of seiyuu. If they humanized the stars and focused purely on talent, there'd be a lot less money going around.

however, if she really does plan on leaving the seiyu business...

The seiyuu business was never Hirano's goal (which is partly why she's disliked by some otaku, who demand loyalty and reverence for anime). It's a stepping stone for her to break into the entertainment business and then move into something mainstream.....there are reasons why she's aiming for a career transition so quickly.

It's less about judging than fantasy.

I don't think otaku actually expect a star to be celibate. However, confirmation of a relationship closes off the possibility of celibacy, destroying the fantasy they have or could possibly have. In short, it's a "don't ask, don't tell" situation.

At any rate, Hirano knew the kind of reaction that would result.
Aug 6, 2010 12:37 AM

May 2009
Bunny-kins said:
Azure_Shockwave said:

Couldn't have said it any better.

This!

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Aug 6, 2010 12:40 AM

Jun 2009
If "otaku's" are so fast to dismiss her, they were never fans to begin with.

You are a fan because of her voice acting not because of her personal life.
Aug 6, 2010 1:10 AM

Sep 2008
So, it looks like all western anime fans thought she's a slut and all japanese anime fans thought she's a virgin? Houston, we have a problem!
Aug 6, 2010 1:21 AM

Oct 2009
And who cares if she dates older or younger guys? Couldn't care less even if she had an entire harem. She's just a good seiyuu, it's not like we're gonna marry her or something. People who think otherwise, I got news for you. GET A LIFE!
Aug 6, 2010 1:24 AM

Aug 2009
I agree with all the people saying "Get a life" and "stop caring" and all that.
Aug 6, 2010 1:25 AM

Oct 2009
Azure_Shockwave said:

This!

Too bad if she stops voicing acting its too bad, I liked her voice a lot.
And why the hell is everyone bashing around that she's a slut just because she dated a few men...? o.o

seishi-sama said:
So, it looks like all western anime fans thought she's a slut and all japanese anime fans thought she's a virgin? Houston, we have a problem!

LOL! Haha
Aug 6, 2010 1:42 AM

Oct 2007
Good, it's high time we don't hear her voicing any more series.
Aug 6, 2010 2:10 AM

Nov 2009
so uuuh... she won't be voice acting anymore...? o.o
Sorry, Image unavailable. Only awesome people can see it.
Aug 6, 2010 2:27 AM

Dec 2007
I guess it's to get rid of the hypocritical fans, which I think it worked well. Kinda reminds me of what happened to the lead singer of Paramore a few months back, when all her fans stood by her despite her nude pics being circulated around the net.

Personally, I think she is overrated as hell, but she is still highly talented. Her problem is people forgetting that she is a seiyuu and treating her otherwise.
Aug 6, 2010 2:35 AM

Apr 2008
Azure_Shockwave said:

Removing her from favorites? Nonsense.

I've never cared about any seiyu's private life. The reason seiyus should be added to the favorites is because of their voice, and not because of their personal life. And as long as Hirano Aya continues to do a good job voice acting, then I see no reason to remove her

I agree as well. I like Aya Hirano for her voice acting, why should I care for her private life ? In fact, I'm rather happy for her.
Aug 6, 2010 2:41 AM

Mar 2008
i don't give a damn.
she wasn't in my fav-list to begin with xD
it's her problem if she's dating more than 1 guy and if he's older or not..
it's her life, not mine.
(yes, i may sound heartless but that's how i think about it)
Aug 6, 2010 2:42 AM

Dec 2009
well to be fair... she's cute but... I dont even care about her personal life!!! but If she stops doing seiyu for Haruhi!!!! I'll despise her. it's all I ask.
Aug 6, 2010 2:43 AM

Mar 2009
I always find it stupid when fans start posting hate comments or overreact negatively when something like this happens.
Aug 6, 2010 2:43 AM

May 2009
Oh no!! She's probably even had sex before too. The horror! All the rage is just stupid.
Aug 6, 2010 2:45 AM

Nov 2008
OK, so the voice of god is a slut. Therefore, god is a slut, but we already knew that anyway.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Aug 6, 2010 2:49 AM

Nov 2007
ReaperEXE said:
So she's a slut, big deal.

i second this

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Aug 6, 2010 2:52 AM

Oct 2008
flygon250 said:
OK, so the voice of god is a slut. Therefore, god is a slut, but we already knew that anyway.
lol
Aug 6, 2010 2:53 AM
Jun 2008
Why does MAL report news from Sankaku...? It's absolute rubbish. This isn't news anyway-- it's gossip fodder.
Aug 6, 2010 3:00 AM
Jul 2009
tehnominator said:
Why does MAL report news from Sankaku...? It's absolute rubbish. This isn't news anyway-- it's gossip fodder.

well said
also why is it everywhere i go on this site i stumble across you?
Aug 6, 2010 3:28 AM

Apr 2008
Why do we even have to care for her life outside of being a seiyuu? I mean she has her own life and I don't give a fuck on how she lives her life even if she's a slut.

All I care is she's a great seiyuu, idol, etc. Yeah, she's good, her voice has many possibilities.

Hmmm...now that I think of it...I love the old looks of Aya more...but yeah..so what XD

@Zolstyx
Nowhere near the top? Actually she's in the top list lol. Whatever that is backing her is not the concern. You think all good VAs came from KyoAni lol...if that's the case why would seiyuu who voiced famous KyoAni characters didn't get much attention. Learn to accept reality...not your own reality.

Certainly she sucked at some point...specifically her live concert for Haruhi but that didn't change the fact that she's still good as a seiyuu.

She should really learn not to be affected with stupid fans who thinks of her as a fap material.

Aug 6, 2010 4:16 AM

Feb 2010
wanna remove her from my favorite list...

(the only reason that she is there is because of Haruhi.....nothing more nothing less...

Sylpheed said:
She should really learn not to be affected with stupid fans who thinks of her as a fap material.
nice job :)
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
49 seconds ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
4 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 40 minutes ago

2 by derpinat0rz »»
27 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
3 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.