Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 3, 2010 10:38 AM

Jul 2006
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Dammit, I just knew Oda was going to let Bonney be the one. Blackbeard destroyed her. And guess who else shows up =\

And Moria never dies, plus DoFlamingo was threatening to give up his Shichibukai position. Looks like he has the WG by the balls.

Aug 3, 2010 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
Fucking Insane Chapter.
Aug 3, 2010 11:27 AM

Jun 2010
well considering mangastream doesn't have the chapter up yet I take it we are talking about spoilers being up?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Aug 3, 2010 11:36 AM

Jul 2006
Merkul said:
well considering mangastream doesn't have the chapter up yet I take it we are talking about spoilers being up?
Yep.

Aug 3, 2010 5:24 PM
Jun 2007
Needless to say, my body wasn't ready for this chapter.
Aug 3, 2010 7:22 PM

Jan 2009
Avarice said:
Needless to say, my body wasn't ready for this chapter.

Needless to say my body won't hold out due to the immense amount of excitement I have in me right now. I need this chapter NOW!!!
Aug 4, 2010 5:35 PM

Aug 2007
Eh, there's already a translation so I got the gist of this chapter. I'm ready for the next but there's a break next week for all of jump manga.
Aug 4, 2010 6:09 PM

Jul 2006
Ishmael said:
I'm ready for the next but there's a break next week for all of jump manga.
fuck this fucking shit.

Aug 4, 2010 8:50 PM

Aug 2007
JusticeHart said:
Ishmael said:
fuck this fucking shit.

lol

it's one week I'll live.
Aug 4, 2010 9:35 PM

Jul 2006
Ishmael said:
JusticeHart said:
Ishmael said:
fuck this fucking shit.

lol

it's one week I'll live.
I dont even know how someone could live a friggin day without One Piece.

Aug 4, 2010 9:48 PM

Aug 2007
JusticeHart said:
Ishmael said:
JusticeHart said:
Ishmael said:
fuck this fucking shit.

lol

it's one week I'll live.
I dont even know how someone could live a friggin day without One Piece.

I hear ya. I got into the game a few years ago. internet scan wise. I've been following the story since i was 12 and I'm now 18 going on 19. But eh, I thank god every day that he doesn't follow the inconsistent release format of people like Kentaro Miura or Yoshiro Togashi. Also those two are also my favorites so eh.
Aug 5, 2010 12:16 AM
Jun 2007
It's all but confirmed, but this chapter screamed and yelled of a time-skip. Not to mention an implication of training - and I use that word loosely - arcs. Well, there has to be a first time for everything. Good stuff, though.

That conversation between Akainu and Jewelry Bonney was interesting; it suggested history between the two. The "ran away" bit mentioned by Akainu didn't sound like he was referring to the Sabaody incident, nor did Bonney's reply.
Aug 5, 2010 12:20 AM

Oct 2007
It just seems kinda odd that everyone was in a big hurry to meet back up with Luffy...and now both Chopper and Sanji are like...nah lets take our time and get stronger, something that IMO, should have been done while they were all separated and Luffy was at Impel
Aug 5, 2010 12:26 AM

Jan 2008
DreamTheater2112 said:
It just seems kinda odd that everyone was in a big hurry to meet back up with Luffy...and now both Chopper and Sanji are like...nah lets take our time and get stronger, something that IMO, should have been done while they were all separated and Luffy was at Impel

I don't know. The problem before was they didn't know where everyone else was, and they needed to get back to help them asap. Now they know that Luffy wants them to meet at a certain place and time. Whatever that message was, they know they need to get stronger.

And poor Bonney. Loved that she kicked Teach in the face.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 5, 2010 12:27 AM

Sep 2008
I guess Bonney gets a fist through her body.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2010 12:38 AM
Jun 2007
kevin_video said:
DreamTheater2112 said:

I don't know. The problem before was they didn't know where everyone else was, and they needed to get back to help them asap. Now they know that Luffy wants them to meet at a certain place and time. Whatever that message was, they know they need to get stronger.

This.
Whatever Luffy's message was, it was loud and clear to the crew members that they were going to be stomped on again in the New World if they proceeded as they were.

Also, in that color spread, were Franky, Zoro and Sanji checking out Robin's legs? Can't blame them though. They're magnificent.
Aug 5, 2010 12:50 AM

Jun 2008
wonder why they thot they could trade Bonney for a ship with the WG?...
Aug 5, 2010 12:55 AM

Aug 2008
Another kickass chapter. The blackbeard pirates running into Akainu was a funny "oh sh*t" moment. And I was surprised Drake was so quick to tempt fate by clashing with Kaidou. God I love this manga.

DonKangolJonesAug 5, 2010 6:09 PM
Aug 5, 2010 1:08 AM
Jun 2010
"I wasn't born to make friends with the ladies...I was born to love them! I was born a MAN!"

Cool sanji. *teary-eyed. just the way I like him. Couldn't make me happier seeing the crew getting stronger. Yes, the way they are now isn't gonna help them get into the New World. They need training and Luffy knows it.

Imagine how they're gonna meet when they're a lot stronger than before. That would be the captain's pride of a crew.
Aug 5, 2010 1:12 AM

Oct 2009
in an interview with oda on strong world, he said that it was the last time that we'd see luffy as a 17 yr old. now bcoz of this chapter and choppers and sanjis decision to stay for a while longer definitely seems to me that the 16 bells is supposed to be something to do with a time factor. i wonder if its gonna end up the same as shippuden and theyll all meet up in 16 months more adult like and stronger??
Aug 5, 2010 1:17 AM

Jul 2009
Another great chapter.

Looks like we'll get to see every Strawhat's resolve to get stronger until the time to reunite comes. Can't wait until the timeskip >.<
This is a signature.
Aug 5, 2010 1:26 AM

Nov 2009
This chapter was epic. Bonney owned Teach with her epic kick, and Sanji's manly quote XD , and the Kaidou x Drake meeting, and Donquixote thinking of quitting Shichibukai ... one more week to wait!!

(Oh btw I think OP will really end up same as Shippuuden .... cos they cant just all of a sudden get strong :O theyll need time and patience to get strong, then travel across the New World as adults (I think.)
Aug 5, 2010 1:30 AM
Jul 2018
nice chapter. Really liked chopper's determination. It looks like he'll study the medicine there and will be able to control his monster form plus make great medicine for the crew (hence an upgrade on his doctor status). Sanji's power-up suits him really well. Fuck the 'He'll be able to fight girls' thing. This one is better and he doesn't have to change in anyway.

The message is becoming more interesting. It has something to do with the meeting time, else the crewmates who were desperate to meet Luffy, wouldn't have relaxed and decided to focus on training

BB's crew are smart and funny bastards. I like his character, even after obtaining this much power he doesn't pick fights with the top guns and runs like a pirate :D
Aug 5, 2010 1:30 AM

Apr 2009
Holy mother of LORD:.. just how much MATERIAL this chapter had...

oh my GOD.. awesomeness o_O

i think we will skip through the training arcs... so the time skip can be 16 weeks...
Aug 5, 2010 2:32 AM

May 2010
Kaizokuou said:
wonder why they thot they could trade Bonney for a ship with the WG?...

You really see Akainu calmly bargaining with Blackbeard ? BB is probably on top of the Marine "to-kill" list right now along with Luffy, there's no chance he could "trade" with them like that.

As for a possible timeskip, I'm quite torn. Sure, Chopper and Sanji are going to "grind" on their island to get more powerful. I can also see that happening with Usopp, maybe Nami and Franky as well. But what about the others ?
It's quite unlikely Zoro will train as Mihawk's pupil, and I don't really see him spending 3 years on the same island fighting baboons.
Same for Nico Robin. She hardly fights at all anyway, because she can basically insta-kill anyone who has normal bones. What is she going to do during a timeskip ? Read books and drink tea with Dragon ?
Brooks is in no position to train for now as well.

Plus there are tons of sidestories going on right now, especially among the Supernovae, but also stuff like what happened to Moria, was is Donflamingo going to do, hell, what is the Luffy band even going to do now ? I guess a timeskip would be appropriate for some of them (Crocodile for instance) but I think there are still enough things for Oda to avoid that.

Then again, there was a timeskip in Dragon Ball, and Oda being the fan of Dragon Ball he is . . . I can see that happening. Since he never disappointed me anyway (except for Amazone Lily~), I'm pretty sure he'll be able to come with something great for the characters.
Aug 5, 2010 3:37 AM

Jun 2007
Now that you're all mentioning a time skip, Oda's little phrase makes me wonder... "It's astounding how fast the time fleets"

And damn, I didn't want Bonney to be the one defeated by BB! But, was she captured by him because he knew she was related to Akainu or someone from the WG, giving him the chance to exchange her for a new ship?

Oh and damn again, Moria is alive.
Aug 5, 2010 3:50 AM
Jun 2010
timeskip...do we wait or they'll just pop up as grown-ups with super skills? Ah the suspense is killling me. I wish I know.
Aug 5, 2010 3:57 AM

Nov 2009
Great chapter, keeps me wanting more >_< Even though it is usually only a weeks wait, and I haven't been caught up on One Piece for too long, I still am really looking forwards to all the new releases :P
Aug 5, 2010 4:11 AM

Jun 2007
Poor Bonney. From the frying pan and into the fryer ;_;

I do hope we skip the training elements and have a big reunion chapter at 600
Aug 5, 2010 5:05 AM

Aug 2010
Trafalgar law at the beginning was so cool. It seems so long ago when chopper joined the straw hats, i nearly cried at the flash back. cant wait for the next chapter.

Aug 5, 2010 5:06 AM
Sep 2007
DonKangolJones said:
Another kickass chapter. The blackbeard pirates running into Akainu was a funny "oh sh*t" moment. And I was surprised Drake was so quick to tempt fate by clashing with Kaidou. God I love this manga.

What are you talking about it seems like Kaidou and Drake are friends, and they protect that island, he was talking to a random enemy it seems like it. Kaidou is not even in this chapter just his name, you must reading some bad spoilers. Also everything is point to some type of time skip.
Hi
Aug 5, 2010 5:17 AM

Apr 2009
Tchako said:
But what about the others ? Read books and drink tea with Dragon ?

rofl turn your brains on please..

the hint luffy told them is smth about 16 months or 16 week or so..

so chopper/sanji had to stay there for a while.. meanwhile they also wanted to train.. not to loose the time..
and ofcourse Robin wont read books -_-
she will learn smth about revolutionaries etc.. and the others also...
Aug 5, 2010 5:53 AM

Jun 2007
Hawaiian420 said:
DonKangolJones said:

What are you talking about it seems like Kaidou and Drake are friends, and they protect that island, he was talking to a random enemy it seems like it. Kaidou is not even in this chapter just his name, you must reading some bad spoilers. Also everything is point to some type of time skip.

Read more closely. It's Drake attacking Kaidou's area.
Aug 5, 2010 6:11 AM
Sep 2007
mulderman said:
Hawaiian420 said:
DonKangolJones said:

Read more closely. It's Drake attacking Kaidou's area.

Ahh read it to fast, got it now.
Hi
Aug 5, 2010 6:15 AM

Nov 2007
Good to see Chopper/Sanji doing well again.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 5, 2010 7:13 AM

Feb 2010
nice chap a lot happend again no compare to b....h :P
Aug 5, 2010 7:55 AM

Apr 2008
Damn that was such a satisfying chapter lol Everyone shits when Akainu arrives xD
And I didn't really feel any sympathy for Bonney. She had a good time in Shabondy, but not in The New World!
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Aug 5, 2010 8:05 AM

Jan 2009
I need more One Piece now. Fuck this break...I want it NOW!!!

Anyways great chapter.
Aug 5, 2010 9:24 AM

May 2008
One thing I love about one piece after almost 600 chapters there hasn't been one training arc unlike other shounens who by now would have had 80 or so. This training arc is going to be awesome.
Aug 5, 2010 9:33 AM

May 2008
My comments get so repetitive. But what can I say? I LOVED this chapter yet once again.
Aug 5, 2010 10:43 AM
May 2010
I actually love training arcs, so I'm really looking forward to the upcoming chapters. ^^ I really don't want Oda to do a time skip, I want to feel the time drag on as they train while the outside world is rearranging itself. ^^
Aug 5, 2010 10:46 AM

Jun 2010
so I think that the message luffy left is related to a time period for them all to meet up, which is pretty good really, they are all going to get stronger which is always a good thing haha luffy is with rayleigh so I am guessing luffy is going to become so much stronger that we are all going to be shocked!

Its interesting to see how the supernovas are doing, can't help but feel bad for bonney :( all in al good chapter

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Aug 5, 2010 2:23 PM

May 2008
gmgkng said:
This chapter was epic. Bonney owned Teach with her epic kick, and Sanji's manly quote XD , and the Kaidou x Drake meeting, and Donquixote thinking of quitting Shichibukai ... one more week to wait!!

(Oh btw I think OP will really end up same as Shippuuden .... cos they cant just all of a sudden get strong :O theyll need time and patience to get strong, then travel across the New World as adults (I think.)

Drake didn't meet Kaidou, and we haven't seen him yet. That was obviously just one of Kaidou's henchman..
Aug 5, 2010 2:39 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Nice chapter. Chopper and Sanji are gonna power up. Bet the other members are gonna do that too. :P

Aug 5, 2010 10:08 PM

Nov 2008
mulderman said:
Poor Bonney. From the frying pan and into the fryer ;_;

Agreed, Hopefulyl she can re escape
Aug 5, 2010 11:09 PM

Feb 2010
I guess I can see how Nami, Zoro and Franky are gonna get stronger, but I want to see how they'll have Brook power up.

Also, this makes me wonder how far ahead Kuma must have planned when he sent the Strawhats away.
Aug 5, 2010 11:53 PM

Nov 2008
Woot Great Chapter now queue training montage music and we are ready to go ^.^
Aug 6, 2010 3:27 AM

Sep 2007
Now I see. I saw a while ago that each person was pretty much in the perfect place for them to train, but now their consciously and deliberately training, rather, than just trying to survive. Now the rest of the straw hats are beginning to realize that. The only question I have is, what is the next step for Luffy? At any rate, Naruto & One Piece once again help to make my whole week.

Also, Sanji wins the quote of the week award. Hands down.
Aug 6, 2010 6:12 AM

Feb 2009
Sanji is still a man!

Man this chapter was so kickass, I was somehhwhat disappointed at the fact that the crewmembers won't meet aafter all, but at the same time excited that they will all go through some process of training. I guess this is a result of that hidden message from Luffy.

So between last chapter and this one we saw all Supernovas and what they are up to, excpet for one, that old mafia dude with the weird ass DF power.

EDIT: I just reread last chapter and I noticed the guy, Capone, he was the one who was sucked into that thing, I hadn't noticed it was him and his crew before. Another detail, this time we are hinted at a possible Kaidou event with X-Drake, so... was that figure who appeared in Rouge´s part last chapter Big Mum? Oh and will Robin meet with Dragon?? =D
VeethornAug 6, 2010 6:21 AM
Aug 6, 2010 6:34 AM

Jul 2009
Unlike a certain 2 other Shounen Jump manga One Piece just keeps getting better and better.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

37 by Piri-17 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1000 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SuperRed - Dec 26, 2020

139 by yoko-_- »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

33 by selasgamer »»
Yesterday, 2:28 PM

Poll: » You Favourite One Piece Opening?!

UnstableBrat - May 7

21 by kihel »»
May 12, 9:35 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 27, 2023

58 by Xpection »»
May 9, 1:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.