Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 27, 2010 1:50 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Can't say it was predicable. But nothing special.
Mario says his goodbye to his love. Jou is taking a shot to become a singer... Well. I want to see what other guys are going to do.

I still can not take Turtle seriously, even when he is in a suit. ;)
Jul 27, 2010 4:15 PM

Jun 2009
I was expecting a kissing scene actually,but Setsuko-san, you disappointed me D:
Joe, wtf was that O_O I was scared like hell when that vocal tried to make him swallow that thing.
Turtle lol xD You paid to the wrong woman mwhahaha xD

And after that the words of Scam made me laugh so hard.
"Money, money! It's time to become a man!"
lol XD
サービスサービス
Jul 27, 2010 5:14 PM

Feb 2008
So mario lets setsuko go like that.... wtf.. seriously.

Sigh, at least joe's part was more interesting.
Jul 27, 2010 5:31 PM

Jun 2010
Eh this episode was hmmm lets see......

Mario tried to be valiant and just smile Setsuko off, cant blame the guy too bad I mean it wouldve been insanely cheesy if he just shows up and kidnaps her and well we all know that scenario. So new adventures in Tokyo await.

I thought that old lady with Baremoto was the orphanage director from Joes childhood....and then gets the attractive one and well 1 minute man sequence.

Really I get Joe getting jumped by 7 guys but still couldnt push off that 1 guy at the end, I mean after all this time id assumed youd become stronger, or I guess he was injured I dont know.

And lastly Joe once again is being used as a sex tool, granted this 'manager' is infinitely better that the old orphanage director and Sasaki but still, I dont know I get it, more drama, its just Joe is still coming off as a victim which is annoying. All I know is if he becomes a drug addict I will hate this series.
Jul 27, 2010 5:59 PM

Dec 2009
LOL SCAM made me laugh, man she is going to use Joe for her own pleasure~ He is better of going with Mario to Tokyo and finding his dream there.
Jul 27, 2010 6:52 PM

Dec 2008
Oh, the violins! All the love scenes were sooo cheesy in this episode. Mario sure is a looker, but I like my men without the melodrama. Also, why did it have to start raining? Apparently, any scene PLUS RAIN becomes dramatic and powerful. Sheesh.

Baremoto jizzed in his pants. Lmfao. He jizzed. In his pants.

Man, look at all the shit Joe got himself into. Is it just me, or does this anime make everyone in Japan look like a bunch of dicks and scumbags? For real?
Jul 27, 2010 7:03 PM

Jun 2009
Okay so much in this episode >_<

Mario just sends off Setsuko with his smile and lets her marry like that? ..

When that Mickey vocalist wanted to stuff that mercury into Joe's throat I was so scared he was going to do it, thank god he didn't.
ANd i can't believe Joe would let the woman do that to him..
sigh I hope to see Meg SOON!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jul 27, 2010 7:14 PM

Jul 2009
Setsuko... :( I guess its for the best hopefully she finds happiness with husband.
Jul 27, 2010 7:25 PM

Jul 2008
Molested by a Japanese MILF? No problem. :D
Jul 27, 2010 9:38 PM

Jan 2010
did sakuragi ever reminded anyone of that guy from yugioh? the eyes lol
Jul 28, 2010 2:01 AM

May 2008
Wtf, Mario letting go Setsuko so easily was disappointig and weird.~
Baremoto was funny though, I almost thought that they did it with that old hag xD
I totally fell for that Mickey guy at first, but then he tried to force Joe to swallow that thing and I was shocked~ In the end, Joe is gonna be used again as a toy...
Jul 28, 2010 2:13 AM
Nov 2008
Why did Mario let her go?..-.-...haha i bet she's pregnant now rofl..The scene with Baremoto was hilarious rofl
Jul 28, 2010 3:17 AM

Dec 2007
Poor Joe =/ Always used as sex toy ;o;
Jul 28, 2010 4:13 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Adultery is always entertaining to watch no matter what setting, and I foresee mario with a illegitimate child in the future.
Jul 28, 2010 5:04 AM

Dec 2009
Lol , Baremoto had bad luck ..
Setsuko does it with Mario and then gets married with another man ... LoL.
And why does every old guy/woman abuse Joe ? Is he supposed to be "pretty" ?
Jul 28, 2010 5:57 AM

Jun 2010
KuroDubZero said:
Adultery is always entertaining to watch no matter what setting, and I foresee mario with a illegitimate child in the future.

Hmm now that would be something, Rainbow spinoff, Marios illegitimate child. BUt still knowing how this series loves drama its pretty believable we will be left off with that kind of twist in the end.

Huh found this by accident, at episode 17 there are 9 episodes left, I figured the actual manga was at least halfway through. Nope at this point with Joe and his 'manager', they are only ending at volume 7 out of the total 22 volumes.
SkyFadeJul 28, 2010 6:33 AM
Jul 28, 2010 7:56 AM
Jan 2009
OH EM GEE MARIOXSETSUKO.

OH SHET JOE. I hope someone barges in and saves him, like in those shoujo manga/s.
xoSushiJul 28, 2010 8:12 AM
Jul 28, 2010 8:59 AM

Aug 2009
Uh, sorry, but wasn't everybody annoyed by how unrealistic MarioXSetsuko seemed and now that they've split up, it's all "What? How could you let her go."
Jul 28, 2010 9:41 AM

Apr 2010
Yeah it's possible that Setsuko's pregnant right now :D
And Baremoto was hilarious :D
Poor Joe. First that hag in the orphanage, then that perverted gay doctor and now this woman. And that vocalist Mickey... I was so scared when he was about to make him swallow mercury... Joe's life sure is hard :D
Jul 28, 2010 9:58 AM

Feb 2010
poor Baremoto lol he visited the house of horror instead the house of pleasure :P
Jul 28, 2010 11:33 AM
Jan 2009
Some scenes with Mario and Setsuko bothered me because it seemed too predictable. Still, I can't believe that he'd just let her go like with a smile. Unless he was just doing that to assuage her worries.

Baremoto became my favorite after his small part in the episode. Sure he's been thinking of all the plans but he was just funny here. :D

Mickey. o_O Wowww. That scared me.
And now this older woman. Wowwww.
Joe's disappointing me.

I'm curious. Since they mentioned his sister again and about being "used". Is it possible that she's in one of those pleasure houses that Turtle's been taking Baremoto? If anything, if Baremoto decides to go to another one...she's there?
Jul 28, 2010 12:07 PM

Apr 2008
I'm glad Joe got to shine in this episode. His singing bit at the jazz club was pretty cool. I feel bad for him, though. He's the one with the suckiest life out of all his friends. Apparently, Half-Japanese boys with Aryan features = sex toys. I also thought that the Five Lemons vocalist really was going to break that thermometer in Joe's mouth.

...And on a more pleasant note, Scam's erection was funny. XD
Jul 28, 2010 12:15 PM

Apr 2009
wow Joe's part was awesome...

Baremoto hilarious as usual xD

goodbuy Setsuko...
Jul 28, 2010 12:30 PM

Jun 2010
JePiNaY said:
Some scenes with Mario and Setsuko bothered me because it seemed too predictable. Still, I can't believe that he'd just let her go like with a smile. Unless he was just doing that to assuage her worries.

Baremoto became my favorite after his small part in the episode. Sure he's been thinking of all the plans but he was just funny here. :D

Mickey. o_O Wowww. That scared me.
And now this older woman. Wowwww.
Joe's disappointing me.

I'm curious. Since they mentioned his sister again and about being "used". Is it possible that she's in one of those pleasure houses that Turtle's been taking Baremoto? If anything, if Baremoto decides to go to another one...she's there?

Hmm im not sure all I know is that his sister, Meg comes back in volume 8 at some point. It was just hard to tell what was going on since I cant really understand the kanjis or the sudden changing of characters.
Jul 28, 2010 1:13 PM

Jul 2010
should have named this episode sex....sex for love, sex just to get some, and sex for profit

Really though, this episode was really well done...except the content of it has me super depressed right now. I'm worried for Joe! Was doing great, was happy, got his big shot....and then bam hes at his lowest low.
Jul 28, 2010 2:58 PM
Jan 2010
I lol'd at Baremoto's quest to become a man.
MirizariJul 28, 2010 3:45 PM
Jul 28, 2010 3:14 PM
Dec 2007
Great episode that depivcted quite well the 50's in Japan I guess. Good developments too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 28, 2010 5:49 PM

Jul 2007
Although I like to see MarioxSetsuko and Joe not being a sex toy it's actually quite interesting that the events of this anime aren't easy to predict, making the story very interesting.

Probably top 3 anime for the year 2010. No idea why animes such as Nyan Koi or K-ON etc gets more seen than this one.

Mickey's part was a real twist O_o
Jul 28, 2010 10:49 PM

Jul 2008
I think Joe and his Sister could be both happy and rich if they just became prostitutes or something. They might as well get paid to have sex with old disgusting people.
Jul 29, 2010 5:57 AM

Jul 2009
garfield15 said:
Uh, sorry, but wasn't everybody annoyed by how unrealistic MarioXSetsuko seemed and now that they've split up, it's all "What? How could you let her go."

Yea I don't really think she loved him or at least loved him like she did Sakuragi. She only saw parts of Sakuragi in him. It would have been interesting to she her decision if Sakuragi had lived.
Jul 29, 2010 6:30 AM

Dec 2009
Too much cheesy moments to handle. X_x

And after 17 episodes, the one thing I learned from this series is that in the Japan of the 50's, everybody was evil... really evil, lol.
Ara ara.
Jul 29, 2010 10:26 AM

Dec 2008
Setsuko was right about herself, she is no good! You slept with Sakuragi, then Mario, and turn around and get married to a different man the next morning. What a whore!!!!
Don't worry, Mario. I'll marry you and turn you into my own personal sex slave!
I knew Scam was going to cum before he could even pull down his pants...I was however, expecting him to be able to at least make it to the bedroom...not on the stairs.
Poor Joe...at least this woman looks MUCH better than the orphanage director and the Dr. Relax...you can actually have a little fun with this woman!
Jul 29, 2010 1:43 PM

Apr 2009
AnimeMama said:

Poor Joe...at least this woman looks MUCH better than the orphanage director and the Dr. Relax...you can actually have a little fun with this woman!

yeah :D Milf ftw
Jul 29, 2010 9:45 PM

Nov 2009
Joe arc seems much more interesting than Setsuko/Mario one. It was obvious Mario was a copy cat Anchan and i am glad he understood that so we could move on.

I was pretty excited to see Joe light up the stage actually, and then i thought he would actually lose his voice since we have already seen such cruelty in this show. Thankfully that wasn't the class but he becomes a toy again. Well at least she isn't that old hag Baremoto got, and the perks are good... That is looking optimistically though.
4/5
Jul 29, 2010 10:13 PM

Jun 2009
not even a minute into the episode after the opening.
I had to come here and post AW HELL NO.
Wait,
SkyFade said:
I thought that old lady with Baremoto was the orphanage director from Joes childhood....
is she really not? I'm just in total rage atm. 2 minutes in. Maybe watching it all would relieve me.
Sprite_CokeJul 29, 2010 10:20 PM
Jul 29, 2010 11:42 PM

Jan 2010
I didn't like the first half much, but the second part, wow...but maybe that's because I can't stand Mario and I like Joe.

Can't wait to see how the singing career will work out for him.
Jul 30, 2010 12:29 AM

Jun 2009
Not that I mind or anything but, add to the list of cliches; rainstorm in a sad parting scene.
Looks like Mario's hand might be busted permanently.
Oh Baremoto's privates got bareteshimaeta :)
Joe's story is very promising, and jesus he sings really well. I hope it makes up for the disappointing ending of Mario&Setsuko's story.
Oh and that Naoko chick had antagonist written all over her since the Jazz club.
Jul 30, 2010 4:50 AM

Aug 2009
WTf did mario do setsuko? who knows. and I hope there will be an episode that joe finds his sister again. I feel bad for her.
Jul 30, 2010 11:52 PM

Jul 2008
I too would like to know what Mario and Setsuko have done. o_O

The last scenes of this episode reminded me how incredibly depressing this series was. :(
Jul 31, 2010 6:08 AM

Apr 2009
Tayloroids said:
I didn't like the first half much, but the second part, wow...but maybe that's because I can't stand Mario and I like Joe.

Can't wait to see how the singing career will work out for him.
haha.. me, too.. i was about to get real bored on this series coz of Mario but Joe's stories somehow gets my attention somehow.. he's the guy i want to see the good end of.. i mean, his life totally sucked as a sex toy..
Jul 31, 2010 10:48 AM

Mar 2010
Watchng the scene when mario smiles to setsuko was really hard to watch i wanted to drink too, but then again its hard letting someone go. Joe better become famous, being used.....setsuko

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 2, 2010 12:31 AM

Jul 2008
poor joe winding up where he pretty much began, being used by an old woman so he can sing
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 3, 2010 6:53 PM

Aug 2007
Mario and Setsuko move fast. The thing with Baremoto was random though. Who knew you had to have sex with a woman to become a man? /rolling eyes

Joe's situation is conveniently sappy and contrived. It's not as if this is his only option to become a star, so I can't feel bad for him at all.

On the whole though, not a bad episode for this series.
Aug 4, 2010 3:10 AM

Feb 2009
Great episode, Im glad we're starting to focus on the other characters.
Aug 4, 2010 7:24 PM

May 2009
I lol'd at Baremoto trying to get laid.
I'm glad all the stuff between Setsuko and Mario seems to be over. I think he should leave her alone and just move on, and it looks like he has.
Joe's story is quite interesting...
Aug 5, 2010 11:40 AM

Feb 2010
Baremoto was pretty funny this episode xD
Sad that Joe is always being used =/ that mercury scene was pretty scary too.
Aug 5, 2010 4:14 PM

Dec 2007
Jesus Christ, where are you even finding these episodes subbed if they even are available subbed yet.
Aug 5, 2010 4:45 PM

Dec 2008
Rakku-san said:
Jesus Christ, where are you even finding these episodes subbed if they even are available subbed yet.

Funimation, m'dear. Has every episode subbed by noon PST (I think) on Tuesdays.
Aug 5, 2010 9:55 PM

Aug 2007
DrRoboto said:
Rakku-san said:

Funimation, m'dear. Has every episode subbed by noon PST (I think) on Tuesdays.

Funimation.com may be nice for those who live in America. But not everyone lives in the US.
Aug 5, 2010 10:51 PM

Dec 2007
I'm guessing Funimation.com is US-only? Since it takes me to http://www.navarre.com/funimation/

And yeah, that doesn't feel like the right one.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DrRoboto - Jul 20, 2010

79 by Gabi15 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shanimebib - Jun 22, 2010

182 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Mar 22, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Florete - Sep 28, 2010

220 by prozyne »»
Mar 6, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tomimi - Jul 6, 2010

111 by prozyne »»
Mar 4, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShanaFlame - Apr 3, 2010

279 by prozyne »»
Feb 28, 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.