Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »
Aug 17, 2010 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
your poll is messed up cuz options 2, 5, 6 are pretty much the same... i would like to click on all three, but seeing as how i can only pick one, i picked #5, cuz this was absolute garbage.

i expected action, and i got a love triangle between 3 lesbians (sarcasm). the story made sense imo, but the idea was lame. the few fighting scenes that were in there were terrible, i actually preferred to watch the 3 lesbians talk it out, with whatever useless crap they did talk about.

i have never seen the style they chose to present this either (the multiple flashbacks, and the middle is the ending)... i can see why this is the first time ive seen this, cuz its a terrible idea... they wanted to be unique and they are...

i would agree that this could have been better given that they should have stayed with the 12 or 13 eps they originally planned

all that hype so that it can get a 3/10
Aug 17, 2010 4:39 AM
Jul 2018
BlackTruth said:
(the multiple flashbacks

They're not flashbacks, they're flashforwards.
Aug 17, 2010 4:47 AM
Dec 2009
it was an okay, especially for a mediocre slice of life OVA.
Aug 17, 2010 10:57 AM

Dec 2009
It wasn't completely AWESOME but it wasn't totally HORRIBLE either

code geass s2 : darker than black : free! es :
haikyuu!! : inaire : kurobas 2 : mikagura : znt
animemanga

Aug 17, 2010 7:10 PM

Jul 2008
Kreynor said:
BlackTruth said:
(the multiple flashbacks

They're not flashbacks, they're flashforwards.

its all perspective... i take it as, from the fighting scenes backwards (aka flashbacks), and you're taking as from the lesbian scenes forwards (aka flashforwards)

so, technically, we are both correct
Aug 19, 2010 6:03 AM

Jul 2009
It was quite alright :) a good teaser if they are planning on making a TV series for BRS.

| The void is endless |
Aug 19, 2010 8:18 AM

Sep 2008
I thought it was very good - but only if they plan to continue the story. As an introduction to the characters and the world it was excellent. Now let's just wait until we get to see the rest. :)
Aug 20, 2010 2:48 PM
Nov 2009
Its was alright could have been better with mabe 10 more minutes of fighting or so but w/e it wasnt to great or to bad.
Aug 20, 2010 10:48 PM
Sep 2009
I liked it, but I wish it made a bit more sense...
Aug 21, 2010 11:13 AM

Mar 2009
I keep putting off watching this, and this is the second time watching the opening scene.
And I'd have to say the opening scene is B-A!!!
I love the character designs, especially the devil chick, and the impaling flip was amazing!!

I absolutely love Hanazawa Kana's voice, she is becoming one of my favorite seiyus.

I really envy the Japanese, just misreading her name and exchanging small talk and they've already started to open up and respect one another.
I wish Americans had even a shred of that humbility and honor.

The animation is beautiful, I really hope we get a BD release in the states, will definitely buy this one!

I feel bad for Yomi, she doesn't deserve to be forgotten!
Mato is the that approached her and tried to befriend her origianlly and she leaving her out, it's not right.

The fight scenes are very nicely done, especially the chain fight.
I don't know much about Ordet but they did a stellar job on the animation!

Ok, so Yuu is the white-haired loli-mech?
And, thus confirms a sequel?
WIN!!!!

I did feel a bit rushed with the story development, they should have done a full length feature film.
I can see why they decided to trim it to an OVA opposed to a 6-12 episode series, but I think it would have been better as either a full 90-120 minute feature or maybe 3 30-50 minute episode OVA.

Overall I thought it was fantastic!
I gave it a 9/10 because it was too short and a little rushed, but other than that is was amazing!

I am... Black Rock Shooter!

Urahara Out!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 22, 2010 5:26 PM

Nov 2009
So confusing. Should have been a 12-episode anime, really. :/

It was quite entertaining, though. Fight scenes and the BRS world were nicely done.
At first I was like ヽ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ. But then I was like ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌.
Aug 23, 2010 5:11 AM

Apr 2010
Boring plot.
Aug 23, 2010 2:20 PM
Sep 2009
i'm sorry wut just happened at the end.
Aug 24, 2010 7:15 AM

Oct 2009
Im generally quite confused :?
like who was teh first person she fought and stabbed her in the gut?

i think it was a bit of a let down actually :/ but still worth watching :D
Aug 27, 2010 7:48 PM
Feb 2009
I guess is was a so so , they could have added a better plot development if only if was a little longer than a 7 part ova.
Sep 4, 2010 9:17 AM

May 2010
I randomly found it on the anime site I always watch anime on, and it looked cool, so I watched it for the heck-of-it. I did't think I would enjoy it as much as I did. :)
The girl with the blue fire-eye was so cool! Shes now one of my fave characters!
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 7, 2010 4:17 PM
Jan 2008
I thought it was great. Can't wait for the 2nd OVA to come out, as I'm sure that they will make one seeing that some characters were left out.
Sep 13, 2010 2:13 PM

Jan 2009
i just watched it to see BlackRockShooter and DeadMaster animated and i got what i want.. is there a second OVA? it should be:/
Sep 13, 2010 8:00 PM

Nov 2007
Made barely any sense, and I was fairly disappointed. *Sighs* They don't even explain anything -- that's the worst part I guess. Nothing special, although the art was pretty nice.
Sep 13, 2010 8:02 PM

Nov 2007
GJ said:
I thought it was great. Can't wait for the 2nd OVA to come out, as I'm sure that they will make one seeing that some characters were left out.

There's second one? I thought there was only one and that's it...
Sep 14, 2010 11:28 AM

May 2008
Incredibly overhyped = Incredibly disappointed
Sep 16, 2010 3:49 PM

Dec 2009
Oh, man. I was really exited for it and I loved this music video so much and it's what got me so exited for this OVA. I thought it was going to be great and amazing. But.....I am left utterly disappointed and confused. I did like the fight scenes and their music a lot, though. I can't deny that. Oh, and the animation was nice and I liked it a lot as well. But, so much questions left unanswered. And, what was with changing the entire mood of the OVA halfway? It was very jarring for me. And, I disliked Yomi to be quite honest. I hated how she just decided to kick Mato to the curb for being friends with Yuu......and then she turns into Dead Mater? Waaaaaaa?? o_O
I am entirely disappointed by how much was unexplained. I wanted to know more. A LOT MORE. But, oh well. I give it an 7/10. Mostly because I like the animation so much. And, I wait for a second or third OVA before getting anymore involved with it. [already has BRS figma...]
Sep 16, 2010 5:20 PM

Jul 2010
Why do people think this is the only show to this series ? I mean it's pretty dam blatant this is the catalyst to a series. It's ashame it's rated so low out of ignorance..If people KNEW this was an intro it'd get rated higher..More funding and more initiative to get the next wave of it out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Sep 19, 2010 7:59 PM

Aug 2009
NotSoEpicMuffinz said:
Why do people think this is the only show to this series ? I mean it's pretty dam blatant this is the catalyst to a series. It's ashame it's rated so low out of ignorance..If people KNEW this was an intro it'd get rated higher..More funding and more initiative to get the next wave of it out.
We're rating this as a standalone without taking anything else into account, to be able to criticize a piece without bias. Like it should be.
Sep 20, 2010 10:53 AM

Jan 2010
I know a lot of people are complaining about the lack of information on who everyone is. But, seriously, did no one get the point of the whole OVA?

I loved it, especially those silent fights. I think rather than a real plot, it was a short episode of friendship, and what kind of effect it can have on peoples personality.

Also, the symbolisiom blew me away. Pure genius on how every scene pulls it's own weight. 8/10.
Sep 22, 2010 4:58 AM

Apr 2009
what a failure.. the idea was interesting but it was too fucking long

if it would be 20 or 30 minutes it may be still good-ish...

but this way it was just a boring crap..
Sep 24, 2010 5:15 AM

May 2008
Noooo how could they just end it like that i was expecting so mch more =(

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 29, 2010 7:12 PM

Jun 2009
Mato's lil bro so cute hehe

Yomi has this problem with her Ego.. anyway

What's with the other world thing.. how did Yomi get there?

and now Yuu will be the next person
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 2, 2010 2:23 AM

Jun 2009
Should have only been 20 minutes long. Just ended up being long, boring, and plotless.
Oct 9, 2010 11:40 AM

Jun 2010
When I first seen the pic of mato I thought she looks cool and very anime char like that resembles leenalee in d.grayman. Anyways I thought I will try it and I watched the ova expecting its 24 mins. lol The story wasn't that bad but kind of ordinary and simple.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2010 3:23 PM

May 2008
I loved the friendship behind the whole story, and the other world with the different selves of the main characters :)

Overall most of this was pretty hard to get, and this OVA felt a bit too long for my tastes, I'd have preferred things to be laid out faster. I was expecting more, but this wasn't actually bad, I enjoyed watching it.
Oct 26, 2010 3:39 PM
Mar 2010
That was so good but depressing at the same time. I guessing it was depressingly good?

I liked the dual storylines through the OVA which foreshadowed each other. The animation in the fighting scences was nicely done. However, i wish they had made this longer and stretched out the breakdown of the friendship. And then the ending, just makes you want to say MORE!

Hope they make another OVA or series...
Oct 27, 2010 8:33 AM

Apr 2010
Story aside, I’m just fully enjoying the animation personally. i had fun watching this.
Though the characters animation were nicely done, the story wasn’t as good as it
should have been. 9/10.
Oct 29, 2010 8:28 PM
Nov 2007
This just felt like an hour long commercial for figures or whatever. Nice to look at though.
Nov 20, 2010 1:15 PM

Jun 2008
Maybe it's because I don't know that much about BRS, but I found this to be pretty good...

I'm sure a lot of people wanted to see more action, but I think the fact that it was about friendship and BRS saving Yomi was kinda nice.

Overall, it is a bit weird and confusing at times but I enjoyed it....8/10
Nov 20, 2010 8:56 PM

Feb 2010
Feels like I'm watching K-ON mixed with 5cm. 4/10 The only thing I liked out of this was the music, animation, and character designs (not the civilians)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2010 4:12 AM

Apr 2009
alexcampos said:
Maybe it's because I don't know that much about BRS, but I found this to be pretty good...

This.
Everyone was so overly excited about this so I decided not to watch it. No reason, it's just that when people start being annoying about something I naturally start disliking it.
Then I saw an AMV on youtube and though it might be interesting.
And I liked it. The animation is really good, and so is the music. And character design.
I also love the shoujo-ai vibness of the whole thing.

I don't think it's that bad at all. It's just that, when you expect too much, you usually get disappointed.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Nov 23, 2010 7:32 PM

Aug 2010
GothicQueen said:
alexcampos said:

This.
Everyone was so overly excited about this so I decided not to watch it. No reason, it's just that when people start being annoying about something I naturally start disliking it.
Then I saw an AMV on youtube and though it might be interesting.
And I liked it. The animation is really good, and so is the music. And character design.
I also love the shoujo-ai vibness of the whole thing.

I don't think it's that bad at all. It's just that, when you expect too much, you usually get disappointed.

Agreed. I've never even heard of BRS, just saw this OVA and decided to watch it. Wasn't bad at all. I mean, could've been better, but was pretty good!
Nov 25, 2010 5:52 AM
Jun 2010
if you guys do follow anime toys, there's this hype for BRS figurines...
Yes, everyone rushing like mad to get a BRS figurine.
But when asked "who's this BRS" NOBODY knows.
LOL at that.

Now that they made it into an 1epi OVA, using great seiyuus for it..
but it's just so FAIL.

for a plan to market this into an epic anime, this ova is an epic fail.

now they've move their focus from anime to psp game...
they know it's a fail too
Nov 25, 2010 6:06 AM

Oct 2010
Story: mehh
Characters: mehh
Art: epic
Animation: epic

So basically, a must see if you watch anime for the look of it, a dissapointment if you're looking for a good story. Being the graphics whore that I am, I loved it.
Nov 28, 2010 6:32 AM

Jun 2009
I liked this OVA. Maybe because I wasn't expecting anything. My friend likes it very much, so I checked it and liked it very much. :)
Nov 28, 2010 11:48 AM

Dec 2008
Dissapointed that there isn't any more episodes to watch. It seems like a pretty interesting story. Hope they do make more.

Overally I gave this short series a 7/10.

Dec 2, 2010 7:32 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
wtf........... this was so unfinished and messed up -.-.6/10
Dec 10, 2010 9:36 AM

Aug 2010
Loved the animation.

The first time i saw it i understood what was going on in the real world but in the other world i was clueless. Seeing them fight in the other world i couldn't make the reference to the real world. But seeing it again on 2x speed everything made sense.

The ending gives you a clue that another OVA is soon to be released
Dec 12, 2010 8:19 PM

May 2010
I liked this OVA. I thought at the beginning that the two worlds were separate but throughout the OVA it would show my conclusion was wrong. I do have to say that the ending made me ask for more because it ended with some questions unanswered.
Empty
Dec 15, 2010 2:28 AM

Aug 2010
I'm confused. What the fuck happened?
Dec 15, 2010 4:56 AM

Aug 2010
i liked it
but i didn't understand the ending AT ALL
someone here to explain? ^^

Dec 16, 2010 2:46 PM

Dec 2009
I am going to try and put this in the best way that I can 'cuz I am a little confused as well and I have been reading what some other people on YouTube have been saying too. Okay, here it goes...

Yomi finally gets so jealous and fed up that Mato has a new friend, Yuu, in school and spending so much time with her and the basketball club when Mato spent all of her time with Yomi originally that she is possessed by something, like a dark energy or "another" her that creates this other persona i.e Dead Master. The events of the middle and ending are shown in the beginning to middle, so everything is being shown at different times ala Baccano! and the viewer is left to decifer what the chronological order is. So, Mato literally merges with Black★Rock Shooter in the very beginning while the alternate universe has events going on while the real world is at a different time all together. And, Black★Rock Shooter was fighting with Dead Master from the beginning because Yomi was already possessed by her because of her "evil" thoughts of jealousy, envy, hate, and all the above. And, so technically we only know that Mato has some awareness of the "Black★Rock Shooter alternate universe" because Mato saw her until they merged to help Yomi. And, Black★Gold Saw and 'Strength' are just characters that will be talked about in time. However - after the credits we see that Yuu is now the one to have those things happen to like what happened with Yomi. Because, obviosly Yuu is now jealous of Yomi. So - it's a vicious cycle of friendship, jealousy, possession, and such.

Yeah - a loooot to wrap our heads around. But, hopefully and by the graces of this production company they will create more OVAs to finally finish the story completely and help us to know just what the hell is happening here. And, that is precisely why this OVA has such a low score --- there just is enough information to barely scratch the surface of what's happening.
Dec 17, 2010 10:16 PM

Jan 2009
I don't think it's THAT hard to understand, at least the basic idea is pretty clear. I noticed right from the start that BRS is Mato (Uh, I think) and so on. What I didn't know was
The events of the middle and ending are shown in the beginning to middle, so everything is being shown at different times ala Baccano! and the viewer is left to decifer what the chronological order is.

But yeah, they could've explained better. Still, I expected dsomething much, mcuh worse, so I liked the OVA. If there's a sequel, I'll watch it.

The art and the OST were awesome ^_^
Dec 23, 2010 7:38 PM
Mar 2010
This was such a disappointment, I give it a 6/10 just because BRS looks like Miku.
In the yet-to-be-announced sequel, it seems it will be about Yuu's jealousy; we saw her version in the other world in the middle of the OVA as the whitehaired(?) person. And finally, why the hell didn't they use the song itself?
Pages (12) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »

More topics from this board

» worst f'ing anime of all time ( 1 2 3 )

catullus - Jul 27, 2010

100 by SilverCrono »»
Nov 5, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Would you like to see more Black★Rock Shooter? ( 1 2 )

Vandah - Jul 24, 2010

68 by lucio54 »»
Sep 15, 2021 9:56 PM

» Black★Rock Shooter (OVA) Need a Part 2

AkatsukiUlquiora - May 6, 2013

3 by AkatsukiUlquiora »»
Nov 13, 2020 9:31 AM

ShadowbladeEdge - Sep 12, 2009

23 by SingerOfW »»
Sep 8, 2011 11:48 AM

» Black Rock Shooter Gets New TV Anime in January

AmberFebruary - Aug 18, 2011

11 by SanzuNoKawa »»
Aug 19, 2011 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.