Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 19, 2010 3:24 PM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can't FUCKING stand the main character! Not only is he extra selfish, bothering all the yokai to hide themselves in their own house just because he wants to "be normal" but he has no balls at all, just allowing his "friends" to look around his house... Just say "no" you dimwit!
Jul 19, 2010 3:51 PM

Jun 2009
i loved this ep specially kubinashi and the blue haired with the had are cool cant wait for the next
Jul 19, 2010 3:57 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah it was a good episode llooking forward, now I can see the plot is coming :)
I wonder if Rikuo want to work together with her but I think they will fight. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 19, 2010 3:58 PM

Dec 2007
werr-y said:
I can't FUCKING stand the main character! Not only is he extra selfish, bothering all the yokai to hide themselves in their own house just because he wants to "be normal" but he has no balls at all, just allowing his "friends" to look around his house... Just say "no" you dimwit!
Yeah same. I don't like the main character as well =/
Jul 19, 2010 4:01 PM

Oct 2009
Team Yura!
Jul 19, 2010 4:28 PM

Sep 2009
This episode made me dislike the show though episode 2 was a win.

The show should abandon human Rikou ASAP...he's just so lame with his whole obsession of being a human.

Want more action not some cheap school drama

Jul 19, 2010 5:08 PM

Jul 2009
What a selfish-spoiled brat..go suck your mom's tits,
Yeah i'm pointing my middle finger's towards that four-eyed Rikuo
Jul 19, 2010 5:10 PM
Jun 2010
Yes, I need less slice of life school and I want them to start the real story and start the real action. It was a funny episode but it's damn slow. We're already episode 3 and the guy still doesn't want to become the legendary 1/4 yokai. BTW, why the hell do the "full yokai" accept being commanded by a 1/4 yokai ? :-/

Lol @ the clan of rats

Jul 19, 2010 5:27 PM

Aug 2009
^^Because said 1/4 yokai could kick their ass. And, they are in servitude and all.

This episode bored me until the end when I heard Sister/Mu La Flaga as a bad guy rat. Now I really want to see episode 4. But the episode was still boring.
Jul 19, 2010 5:41 PM

Mar 2008
Geez, lots of negative replies in this thread.

I liked this episode alot, I love both sides of the main character.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Jul 19, 2010 6:02 PM

Aug 2009
On a positive note, the theme song is still effing awesome.
Jul 19, 2010 6:20 PM
Jul 2008
Well so far, there aren't really any fillers. They had actually skipped some scenes from the manga.
But seriously, I was VERY bored with this episode. This
Jul 19, 2010 6:25 PM

Jan 2010
Baby_Naruto said:
Geez, lots of negative replies in this thread.

I liked this episode alot, I love both sides of the main character.
I wonder how you can... The episode was boring and the main character is just a selfish little brat...
Jul 19, 2010 6:45 PM

Oct 2009
Takehito Koyasu appears in this episode! :)

But this episode is actually one of the WORST episodes in this series yet, unless one of the next 21 episodes are even worse.

I hate Rikuo but not the night Rikuo at this point. He doesn't even have the guts to do anything, but then again... Yura knows a lot about Yokai and Kiyojyuji knows a lot about Rikuo's house.

I understand that it's 24 episodes, but the pace was incredibly slow in this episode. For a minute, I expected Rikuo to mysteriously appear but Yura kicks in anyway.

You better impress me next week!

Jul 19, 2010 6:51 PM

Feb 2009
That was an interesting episode for me. Yura is very different from the manga, she's too soft-spoken. Seeing the youkai in color makes them somewhat less intimidating than in the manga, though Yuki-Onna in color is win. At least now we got past the boring chapters/episodes. Everything from here now is where the plot picks up. I now wonder what enhancement the story will go at this point.

Still love the OP and ED.
Jul 19, 2010 6:53 PM

Mar 2009
Nice ep, I do wish Rikuo would stop being such a little bitch, but I like him alright.
Obviously his yokai form is way cooler, but I like his character all around.

Yura is badass, it seems like they're gonna make her a main character, I hope they do.
I haven't read the manga so I don't know.

Her powers are awesome, she's like an even better version of Kekkaishi.
This show is like a mix between Kekkaishi and Inuyasha, awesome!

It has started a little slow, but I can see it getting good, the next episode looks pretty stellar, can't wait for more.

God I wish Hulu would get 720p res on their player, the 480p is bearable but it would make it so much better.

Urahara Out!!
Jul 19, 2010 7:01 PM

Aug 2008
This director really done a great job with this episode. The combination of the three chapters were perfect, placing the events of a completely different scenario in another one while tying it into the story. For those complaining about how boring it was, you should thank the director for the combination (though if you found it boring you really have no sense for atmosphere). Personally I'm loving the pacing so far with the primary focus being on the atmosphere, and making sure the anime is not rushed.

My only complaints of the anime atm are the narrator, some of the dialog, and the omission of chapter 1 (which will hopefully be included as a flashback...).

werr-y said:
He doesn't say "no" because he wants to fit in and not be a bother. There's a partial reason for it in chapter 1, but they haven't animated it yet. Also, his human form has really strong character development coming up in the not to distant future, but you'll still be annoyed with the next ep.

Linalee-Stratos said:
The show should abandon human Rikou ASAP...he's just so lame with his whole obsession of being a human.
Too bad for you... It does happen in the manga (around chapter 51), but if the anime is 24 eps it will probably only cover up to chapter 47. Of course, there isn't as much focus on the human side in some parts before that.

supersayen said:
BTW, why the hell do the "full yokai" accept being commanded by a 1/4 yokai ? :-/
Some of those in the main house are assigned to protect him... But a simple answer for many of the rest is that they don't at this stage.

MrHatandClogs said:
Yura is badass, it seems like they're gonna make her a main character, I hope they do.
Once again, yes but not yet. She'll have some screen time, but she isn't really a main character till after the anime's 24 eps.
llamabenJul 19, 2010 7:06 PM
Jul 19, 2010 7:32 PM

Jul 2009
this episode made me lol quite a bit, 4/5 for slow ass pacing
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 19, 2010 7:49 PM

Jan 2010
It may be some nervous condition or something, but I thought most of this episode was funny. Funny enough to have me laughing, at least.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jul 19, 2010 8:06 PM

Feb 2008
werr-y said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

as opposed to the typical protagonist who "accepts" their fate and gets all powered up to save the world from some evil?

the fact that he doesn't even remember his youkai self helps with his desire to be human. also he IS a kid you know. but of course he will come to embrace his youkai side and fight the good fight like the hero he is.
Jul 19, 2010 8:11 PM

Jun 2010
Yea I might as well hop on the manga, this is the Daily Arc with KHR all over again, I cant stand the main guy. Oh well at least the onnmyoji girl seems interesting, hope she exposed him so he at least gets over himself. He might be a kid, be he has bene raised to accept his lineage as well, its not like its a sudden shock to him.

Heh that rat was Shinsuke Takasugi.
Jul 19, 2010 8:19 PM
Oct 2009
Was an amusing episode, althrough it felt a bit empty of actual content.

Btw, anyone else noticed Yura's accent when she was talkin' to Tanro(shikigami) at the very end? liked her voice in that part alot :))
Jul 19, 2010 9:24 PM

May 2010
Eh, after this episode will be the Kyuuso arc and the Gyuuki arc, which things are going to be interesting.

And D-Rikuo will start to embrace his destiny as the third heir, protecting both humans and Ayakashi...
Jul 19, 2010 10:00 PM

Nov 2009
So basically the whole episode was the new girl snooping around his house and then finally something happened at the end there. Seriously could of removed half of that worthless material. Also i agree that ruined the leads standing in my head having them roam around.

Pretty bad. However i am looking forward to the next episode. Hopefully it won't disappoint. While i don't want a lot of mindless battles we could use at least one good fight next time.
Jul 19, 2010 10:44 PM

Dec 2009
I'm sorry, but during the scene with the ratboys at the end, this is all I could think of...
Jul 19, 2010 10:55 PM

Jan 2010
Was an amusing episode, althrough it felt a bit empty of actual content.

This says it well.

I don't mind the hero being self-centred and even selfish, as it gives him room to grow. However, he lacks a spine when it comes to dealing with people. Actually, he just won't deal with people at all. He's a snivelling pushover. He's annoying.

I think Yuki-onna is great although she hasn't really been able to act independently yet. She has cool eyes too.
Jul 20, 2010 2:10 AM
Jul 2009
belatkuro said:
Yuki-Onna in color is win. At least now we got past the boring chapters/episodes. Everything from here now is where the plot picks up.

That's what everybody keep says.

and yes, yuki-onna is pure win
Jul 20, 2010 2:14 AM

Sep 2009
its good .....
Jul 20, 2010 5:11 AM

Jun 2009
That new girl is so annoying! =_=
サービスサービス
Jul 20, 2010 5:14 AM

Sep 2009
^
She is better than human Rikuo

ilikeyouevenmore said:
I'm sorry, but during the scene with the ratboys at the end, this is all I could think of...
This looks like a promo for cat shit one XD
ValentilnJul 20, 2010 5:19 AM
Jul 20, 2010 6:38 AM

Dec 2008
Looks like things are about to get a little difficult for Rikuo. Here we now have Yura, a yokai slayer and Rikuo, who lives in a house full of yokai and is also 1/3 yokai himself. Can't wait to see how the relationship between those two unfolds!!
Jul 20, 2010 7:04 AM

Feb 2009
AnimeMama said:
and is also 1/3 yokai himself.
It's 1/4.

unlisted said:
belatkuro said:
Yuki-Onna in color is win. At least now we got past the boring chapters/episodes. Everything from here now is where the plot picks up.
That's what everybody keep says.
Well, it's true ^_^
Jul 20, 2010 9:07 AM

Mar 2010
Another good episode. It's a shame that we didn't get to see night Rikuo again. I hope he comes out next episode. It was funny watching the yokai hide from Yura. I figured she was something like an onmyoji based on the ending, I was right. She's even the heir to to top, just like Rikuo, only on the opposite side. This should make things interesting.
I'm looking forward to the next episode! :)
Jul 20, 2010 10:06 AM

Feb 2010
werr-y said:

it's only his human form his yoku form is bad ass wait and see you like him more later on trust me and the others :P
Jul 20, 2010 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
Well at least it gets better once the Shikoku arc starts.
Jul 20, 2010 2:09 PM

Feb 2009
not bad, I just think the plot is moving slowly
Jul 20, 2010 2:40 PM

Aug 2009
GUYS, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!

THEY REMOVED THAT REEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLY SLOW TALKING LADY THAT THANKS THE SPONSORS.
WHY?! SHE WAS THE REASON I WATCHED THIS SHOW D:

/caps

Okay, now time to watch the episode.
Jul 20, 2010 3:17 PM

Jun 2009
its was funny and great i dont get it why soo many disliked it
Jul 20, 2010 3:51 PM

Apr 2009
I dont like the main character.. Hopefully this gets better next episode.
Jul 20, 2010 4:05 PM

Jan 2009
Episode was kind of boring, but next one should be good. Those of you who are saying they don't like human Rikuo, don't worry he gets a lot better later.
Jul 20, 2010 4:19 PM

May 2010
Needz moar Yuki-Onna.

Yeah, Rikuo's a little bitch, and yeah, he's annoying. But that's alright so long as he goes somewhere (which people here who've read the manga seem to think he does). And besides, at the end of the day, is he really that much worse than so many other shounen protagonists? At least they've had the sense to give him a proper alternate personality for his requisite bad-assery, rather than have him pull resolve out of his arse at the last minute from day one.

Yura... she irritated me at times during this episode. But that doesn't diminish how interesting her simply being around is, and I'm sure she'll grow on me a bit more after a while.

All in all, this is shaping up to be a fairly archetypal shounen anime, but shounen at its best nonetheless. I hope they keep up this level of quality throughout.

And the opening is made of pure win. A shame it cuts off so weirdly in the actual anime, but the full song doesn't have that problem, so it's all good. Ending isn't bad either, but pales alongside the opening.

EDIT: Let's talk about Rikuo some more, since I forgot a point I was intending to make: of course he's whiny and all that. He's a little kid, what do you expect? Well, not that little perhaps, but still what, thirteen? Most kids that age are annoying as hell, nevermind ones who feel they have to keep a quarter of their heritage a secret whilst actually making friends. Heck, I'm glad he's such a little terror in a way. Now all you breeders can finally see what I see in kids without having to subject yourselves to the Disney Channel.

Oh, and I don't mind the 'slice-of-life' aspects, not least because they don't make up nearly so much of it as the gripers seem to think. Having him go to school isn't boring, its important character interaction. The meat of the show is still in the youkai action. Just because there's not a demon on-screen every frame doesn't make it worthless.
OsricJul 20, 2010 5:49 PM
Jul 20, 2010 5:57 PM

Mar 2009
Yura is a nice addition to the cast and I hope she sticks around. It would've been an otherwise mediocre episode if it weren't for her.

As for Rikuo, his actual personality is a stark contrast to his yokai form, which is most likely why many of us have a problem with him. Because, you know, he's much cooler in his yokai form. As long as there's some development for him in the future, however, I'll be content.
Jul 20, 2010 6:52 PM

Jul 2008
i wonder what made that girl think that rikuo's granddad might a high class yokai? maybe it was the head?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 20, 2010 11:37 PM

Jun 2009
A so so episode, it wasn't that good and it was really boring. Need Rikou youkai form not human form. Next episode should be good, probably. And of course, need more Yuki-onna:D

Jul 20, 2010 11:58 PM

Nov 2007
God Yura is a rude bitch. Inviting herself to the house of someone she doesn't know, walking around and doing what she wants, etc. It's unfortunate she wants to exterminate yokai, too, but I'm okay with that cus it's a good plot device. I just think she's way too fucking rude.

Annnnnnd I tried to resist, but the ED is growing on me a lot. ;_;
Jul 21, 2010 1:17 AM

Apr 2008
The anime has successfully made me hate Yura. Everything from the way she talks (HER VA IS HORRIBLE AND UNFITTING) to how she just barges in sniffing about Rikuo's house =_=
Jul 21, 2010 1:50 AM

May 2008
haha that was quite funny, i like the guy with the levitating head

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 21, 2010 3:07 AM

Nov 2007
Yura... is that really how you should act in someone else's house =/ ? It's one thing to want to do your job and another to just go waltzing around every room without permission. Even onmyouji need to learn some basic manners, you stoned little girl.
Jul 21, 2010 6:51 AM

Jan 2009
WOAH, what'd they do to the extremely slow-talking sponsor-lady? O.O
xD
Seriously though, Yuki-Onna is probably the most redeeming feature in this anime.
Aaaand that's one hell of a circus they've got in their house btw, in case anyone happened to not notice this already.

Oh crap. For the first time so far, I actually heard that damn Arai Satomi. Luckily, she's got such a minor role that she'll probably be forgotten sometime further in... I hope. Otherwise, she'll have to die.

And god, this Yura whatever girl, her "spell weaving" or whatever it's called, damn that sounds horrible.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 21, 2010 9:02 AM

Jul 2008
I think the one who's spoiled is Yura. Would you allow some you've just met to fool around in your house? I wouldn't . If she were so persistent, maybe i would swear at her.
Anyway, it was decent ep. I want more action with Kubinashi, Yuki,Kurabato,Kurata in it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Nura's Head Shape

Thorgut - Apr 24

1 by JCSL »»
Yesterday, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deadaccount0000 - Jul 5, 2010

155 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 17, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 6, 2010

37 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 7, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Dubbed or Subbed? Witch one is better?

Zmagoo256 - Apr 26, 2020

2 by Mazdite1 »»
Nov 12, 2023 12:15 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 6, 2010

113 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 2, 2023 10:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.