3It was OK
10.5%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
4.3%
Average 4.4
277 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 1, 2007 5:50 PM

Feb 2007
*sniff*

So close...yet so far! It was a bitter-sweet ending to this wonderful anime. And yet, still no tears. As Ceray says, i just need to find something that will get me emotional enough. Something that will move me...

The sky is something maybe we don't appreciate enough. I used to look at it a lot, but nowadays, i don't do it often. With Spring approaching for me, i already know something i must do when i go outside.

On to the episode. I knew that Aono wouldn't give up at the beginning. And so the fight went on.

The sacrifice that Yorito and Matsuri made to make Aono human again...was it worth it? After seeing the second half and the credits, i'm sure that it was the right thing. And the scene with Takeshi was really funny. Talk about fashion sense...
Jul 1, 2007 9:08 PM

Apr 2007
great anime with a good ending i guess. at the end, wat does the two empty tomato juice cans indicate? tat matsuri and yorito are still alive? maybe there's season 2? lol
Jul 1, 2007 9:32 PM

Mar 2007
Meh, didn't like it... it could have ended better... I didn't really want Aono to be the one to become a human, I wanted that girl who was with Takeshi to be the one.
Jul 2, 2007 12:13 AM

Oct 2006
I'm curious to see what the 2 DVD episodes hold. I'm hoping for a continuation and not a couple of flashback episodes. Maybe we'll find out about those two weird tomato juice drinks.
Jul 2, 2007 3:44 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I don't think there's much to find out about them, they surely belonged to Matsuri and Yorito. Though it's impossible for them to be two Yakas who are sitting there at night.

BlueYoshi said:
So close...yet so far! It was a bitter-sweet ending to this wonderful anime. And yet, still no tears. As Ceray says, i just need to find something that will get me emotional enough. Something that will move me...

The sky is something maybe we don't appreciate enough. I used to look at it a lot, but nowadays, i don't do it often. With Spring approaching for me, i already know something i must do when i go outside.

On to the episode. I knew that Aono wouldn't give up at the beginning. And so the fight went on.

The sacrifice that Yorito and Matsuri made to make Aono human again...was it worth it? After seeing the second half and the credits, i'm sure that it was the right thing. And the scene with Takeshi was really funny. Talk about fashion sense...

Couldn't have said it better, I really liked this show.

9/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 2, 2007 6:19 AM

Oct 2006
If Matsuri and Yorito still existed because of those two cans, it might be possible or impossible, since Yorito hates to drink that, or maybe the two cans is where Matsuri forced Yorito to drink it, he said:"You really tricked me.."

I liked the ending.
Jul 2, 2007 6:44 AM

Jun 2007
The ending was OK...It could have been better...8/10
Jul 2, 2007 7:03 AM

Apr 2007
Awww, poor Mayuko. I like her fashion sense XD Too bad Takeshi is going to be the eternal lolicon... I really wanted her to be the one to become human. Still, Aono stopped being so bitchy, so it was worth it.

The special episodes... I wonder, will they be like Air in Summer and tell the story about past Yorito, Matsuri and Aono, or will it be about the future? I really hope Mayuko and Takeshi get a happy ending...

Still, I liked the anime, and I liked the ending. If it were too nice (like Kanon) I wouldn't like it as much. And if it were too tragic, I wouldn't like it either. It turned out okay, though. Really looking forward to what the producers have in store for us.
Jul 2, 2007 7:26 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
AngelLily said:
Awww, poor Mayuko. I like her fashion sense XD Too bad Takeshi is going to be the eternal lolicon... I really wanted her to be the one to become human.

Heh, I liked those two a lot! And speaking about fashion, I really couldn't stand Mana's clothing, that yellow apron like 'dress' looked a bit weird. But Aono in the school uniform was win.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 2, 2007 2:08 PM
Jun 2007
this really was a great ending, a bit saddening though but very enjoyable
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2007 3:02 PM

Aug 2006
I think Blue Yoshi said it best... very very bitter sweet... ^_^ But an enjoyable ending
Jul 2, 2007 5:09 PM

Feb 2007
Chelle said:
I think Blue Yoshi said it best... very very bitter sweet... ^_^ But an enjoyable ending

That's been a big trend lately. The latest 3 anime i've finished were Chrno Crusade, Cowboy Bebop (ah, you hate that one though) and Sola. All sad endings in a way.

cyruz said:
Heh, I liked those two a lot! And speaking about fashion, I really couldn't stand Mana's clothing, that yellow apron like 'dress' looked a bit weird. But Aono in the school uniform was win.

Aono in the uniform was definitely win.

I loved this anime so much, i might do a small fanfic about it. I already have a title. "Starlight".
Jul 2, 2007 9:23 PM

Apr 2007
A great ending, i overall enjoyed the anime i guess for the most part, the first few eps and last few were great, the middle just too damn slow >,>. I would give this show a 9/10, but because of the slowness of the middle eps, it lost a point. So overall 8/10, but its still one of my fav animes of the season.
Still wondering where the heck that sword came from thou, and what convenience that Aono when turned into a human somehow managed to go to school, have new clothing and everything when she was all by herself when Yorito and Matsuri left her, unless she had a pile of money which she had somewhere and managed to do everything herself, ah whatever...

Looking forward to these specials you's are talkin about ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2007 2:18 AM

Nov 2004
There are no specials. People are just hoping, no?

I just saw the final episode. Well, more like I ran through episode 8 - 13 today. Booo for bittersweet endings. I didn't really feel that sad probably cause I didn't like any of the characters that much. I don't see why Aono didn't go crazy from being alone though. It's like she's okay once she's a human? Even though she was screaming about it before it happened.

And yeah, as mentioned, the convenience of the sword (plot device) which Takeshi somehow got his hands on (despite being a normal human) and Aono being able to build up her life again from nothing (where does the money and home come from) was a bit unbelievable.
Jul 6, 2007 7:44 PM

Feb 2007
This is anime. What would you expect?

Actually, Aono doesn't instantly build her life up again. It's actually one year later. Yeah, i found this on the Wikipedia article on Sola. But it would make more sense.

There are a few unexplained things in this anime. I guess your mind fills in the blanks. That's what i'm doing with the Sola fanfic Starlight. I've got my main character breaking the vending machine, turn on the old film of the sky, etc...

And i'm sure there are 2 OVA's coming in the near future. I think in September.

And finally, (as thus this will be my final post on the Sola threads for now) i have a link to a blog entry that made me LOL for ages. This link is especially for Crystal. Well, this is if you hate Yorito though.

http://that.animeblogger.net/2007/06/20/sola-order-of-battle-primary-players/
Jul 6, 2007 8:03 PM

Nov 2004
Ah, so there are specials.

Hmm.. Wiki info. T.T

LOL that blog entry is excellent. Great find. XD
Aug 16, 2007 10:34 PM
Aug 2007
I havent left my house in 2 weeks and i stuffed myself with many anonymous food... I actually vomited while watching the ending(about an hour ago) I guess to much computer time leaves me emotionally unstable.
Aug 17, 2007 7:43 AM

Mar 2005
well, for someone who was so hyped about this show at the beginning, I'm going to agree with what crystal said and some of the plot contrivance with the sword and the movie turning on with the sky suddenly (I mean come on...) annoyed me.

show started off really promising, but then the annoying useless male lead whose only distinguishing characteristic is his love of the sky brought it down quite quickly. Then the ending really wasn't as special as I thought it would be. Then again I supposed my expectations were artificially high knowing this was from one of the storywriters of Kanon.

Matsuri did wonders for this show though, made every episode featuring her absolutely enjoyable. Also the animation maintained a consistantly high quality, which is definitely a plus in my book. The bittersweetness of the plot was nice but I suppose some of the boredom of the middle episodes took away from the effect of the show (plus a couple of characters simply did not appeal to me). It's really a disappointment because I expected to like this show a lot.

and lol, everyone's overthinking the two cans. those don't mean anything, they're just fanservice XD

and perhaps this post also explains my dissapointment http://hontouni.com/taihendesu/?p=517
kei-cloneAug 17, 2007 7:54 AM
Aug 17, 2007 8:33 AM

Aug 2006
See... now... I'm the opposite... the beginning of this series bored me to tears... but I kept watching because ChibiNeko was enjoying it...

...for me... it was the last 4 to 5 episodes that made the series redeem itself... somewhat... at least... it made watching the rest of it worth it...
Aug 17, 2007 5:08 PM

Feb 2007
Well, the first 5 episodes bored me too. I think i remember posting in a blog entry that i was about to drop it until i watched episodes 6-10 all in one night. It got me kinda hooked.

Once again, i was unaware of the hype (just like Lucky Star), so i didn't have any expectation of...what to expect.

kei-clone said:

and lol, everyone's overthinking the two cans. those don't mean anything, they're just fanservice XD

Pretty much. That or Sae Sakura drank it in depression after finding out that Takeshi will never ever come back.
Aug 18, 2007 4:39 PM

Mar 2007
Eh decent series I found it hard to finish watching it after coming back from vacation, I didn't really 'feel' any of the characters and the plot felt a tad odd and lacking

Dibs on Ishida!
Sep 9, 2007 10:05 PM

Sep 2007
Crystal said:
There are no specials. People are just hoping, no?

I just saw the final episode. Well, more like I ran through episode 8 - 13 today. Booo for bittersweet endings. I didn't really feel that sad probably cause I didn't like any of the characters that much. I don't see why Aono didn't go crazy from being alone though. It's like she's okay once she's a human? Even though she was screaming about it before it happened.

And yeah, as mentioned, the convenience of the sword (plot device) which Takeshi somehow got his hands on (despite being a normal human) and Aono being able to build up her life again from nothing (where does the money and home come from) was a bit unbelievable.

No, the specials are real, according to Wiki, they come out on September 25 and October 26 of this year. Thank God it's soon haha.
Sep 9, 2007 11:00 PM

Feb 2007
Only...15 days to go until the first one. ^_^
Sep 10, 2007 1:06 AM

Apr 2007
Yayness!~ Can't wait.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2007 4:22 PM

Jun 2007
err... good ending?

i was sad that i wouldnt get a second season, since i wanted more matsuri.. but i think i am happy with the ovas...

a lot of questions unanswered, but whatever, i enjoyed watching sola...

matsuri was just uber super over MEGA cute this episode, in the parts where she appeared...
Jan 12, 2008 12:18 AM

Sep 2007
Souseiseki! Lol. I really liked this anime. I'm gonna recommend it to all my friends.
Oh, now I just gotta watch the OVA's tomorrow. ^^;

Feb 27, 2008 5:03 PM
Oct 2007
Nice ending, seemed to end on a lighter note then most bittersweet endings. I guess the way where no one seemed to be regretting any of their past decisions made this a lighter ending rather then some sad depressing ending where you still wonder if the person is going to be okay.
Mar 2, 2008 11:58 AM

Dec 2007
Eh... Didn't like the ending that much 8/10. Would have raver seen Mayuko become human again instead of that crazy Aono who killed herself in the first place because her brother died.
Mar 5, 2008 8:33 PM

Jan 2008
I absolutely loved the ending! Aono was always my favourite character. I love everything that happened in this series! 10/10!
Mar 6, 2008 7:48 PM

Oct 2007
There were way to many flaws with this anime, I was really expecting something better then this. I don't know if I should give it a 5/10 or a 6/10.
Apr 9, 2008 12:57 AM

Feb 2008
I'm really remembering The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya everytime I see those boy's school uniform. LOL!

Yeah, a good series I think. First, I rated it 8; I'm going to rate it 9 now. But yeah, it's not a masterpiece, oh well..
Apr 9, 2008 12:28 PM
Sep 2007
Good serie dident love it, but it was ok .

A funny thing is that sola means sunbathe in swedish :)
May 23, 2008 6:08 AM

Apr 2008
Great series but it didn't make me hold my tears. Rated it 8.

I don't know it's as if I want a better ending.

Jun 4, 2008 7:55 PM

May 2008
Aono = best char in this series.. glad she was the human, though you could see it coming :)
Jun 4, 2008 10:47 PM

Apr 2008
byae said:
Aono = best char in this series.. glad she was the human, though you could see it coming :)

I didn't like Aono, she's not my type XD. I love Matsuri more. Still, I hated how they ended the series.

Jun 8, 2008 8:52 AM

May 2008
So what do we learn from this series?
Keep being evil and possessed and you'll get a second chance in the end.
Honestly, why in hell has the evil sister to be rescued by the two she betrayed the most, why couldn't she just have died in the past or in the hospital, damn and i was hoping she would sacrifice herself and somehow bring yurito back to live....

I schould have known it before, every anime named like air ends shit.

All in all the end sucked but overall it was quite ok so
8/10 from me.
Jun 9, 2008 7:47 PM

Apr 2008
Right, Mayuko ending could be better, in my opinion. Why Aono? I may be biased but I'm not impressed with Aono's personality. Frankly, I hated her personality. The ending's not special for me.

Jun 16, 2008 10:08 PM

Apr 2008
Good ending.. Well, I have no complains for Aono she's ok with me, but I really liked Matsuri more.. 9/10
Jun 29, 2008 10:39 PM
Apr 2008
well done ending. and also. 2 cans of drink on the bench ;o
Jul 12, 2008 6:00 PM

Jan 2008
<cry>
I've had enough of sad anime recently... I'm going to get drunk know maybe when now sober I won't think about it sooooo freaking MUCH...
Jul 13, 2008 11:00 PM

May 2008
the conclusion of the final battle was beautifully done. matsuri looks into at aono and smiles after seeing the dawn for the first time in centuries. then she dies.

the series had a beautiful ending. i have but one question...
when and why did matsuri and aono(and paper yorito) part ways?
Aug 11, 2008 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
Omg, Mayuko changed her outfit from Shinku-style to Souseiseki-type ><
Can you call this a happy end? For Aono and the siblings yes, but not for Yorito/Matsuri.
I DID like it a lot, how it ended. It's far better than a miraculous everyone is alive and friends-happy end or an extinction^^
Lol @ Mana taking a photo of the sunrise xD
Sep 9, 2008 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
That's it for Aono but how about Mayuko...

Sep 20, 2008 8:35 PM

Aug 2007
Hmmm. The ending was alright. There were definitely some big holes, but despite that I still enjoyed Sola.

I think that the two main reasons I enjoyed Sola was because of Matsuri and the fact that the sky was a big part (since I really love the sky as well).

Overall it gets a 7/10 from me.

And Matsuri gets a fav from me. :D

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jan 6, 2009 1:55 AM

Sep 2008
i didn't find the end of the anime very sad...may be because i was mad about that it had to end like this... in the beggining i liked Matsuri and i had no bad feelings for Aono but in the end i was just praying that ***#&$*&# to die so it could be a good ending for me :/
its just not fair always the good and cute characters like Matsuri to die...
no words ... lol
~_~ !
Jan 15, 2009 11:43 PM

Jul 2007
I totally hated the ending, and Aono. Score 8 -> 1.
Jan 17, 2009 4:11 PM

Jun 2008
Aono needs more love *huggles Aono*

I love both Matsuri and Aono and I liked the ending
Jan 17, 2009 4:57 PM

Aug 2008
Funny, I don't feel moved, well not as much as I expected I would. Maybe I'm just seeing lots of these kind of stuff lately, so the punch has died down a bit? nah, maybe it just was my mood at the time...
So Takeshi will die as an old lolicon, with a 5 year old loli by his sickbed?
Her fashion taste doesn't really matter, she's too cute in her attires ayways ^^

BlueYoshi said:

kei-clone said:

Pretty much. That or Sae Sakura drank it in depression after finding out that Takeshi will never ever come back.

You know, that makes so much sence! Still, never doubt of the possibilities of ghosts... ;)

Since I'm one of those people that adore everything that has to do with the sky and air, I never bored of the concept, or any of the episodes either. So the series get an 8 (no lower than a 7) from me.

The series look done fo me, but in the batch I got there were episodes 14-15, which I think are the OVAs.
AngelLily said:
The special episodes... I wonder, will they be like Air in Summer and tell the story about past Yorito, Matsuri and Aono, or will it be about the future? I really hope Mayuko and Takeshi get a happy ending...

Maybe something like that? I can't wait to find out ^^
...btw, I still haven't watched those Air OVAs... I had in mind to wath them much earlier, but I kept on putting it off, so 3 months later, I still haven't seen them. Sweet, thx for reminding me of those! :D
GenixJan 17, 2009 5:00 PM
Jan 17, 2009 5:01 PM

Jul 2007
Genix said:
Since I'm one of those people that adore everything that has to do with the sky and air

Don't miss this thread

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=10993
Jan 22, 2009 3:05 PM

Feb 2008
I liked Matsuri better than Aono. But nevertheless the ending was beautiful.
Loved the whole anime. 9/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » sola Episode 6 Discussion

zanmato666 - May 14, 2007

39 by Saku33 »»
Apr 10, 10:49 AM

Poll: » sola Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - May 27, 2007

42 by Killerkat198 »»
May 15, 2023 2:10 PM

» Why is this series so underrated

SakurasouBusters - Oct 18, 2013

12 by Quintessence »»
Feb 7, 2023 9:22 AM

Poll: » sola Episode 2 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Apr 15, 2007

45 by Auliaramadhana12 »»
Oct 16, 2021 12:33 PM

Poll: » sola Episode 10 Discussion

Sukotsutsu - Jun 11, 2007

40 by Rob7 »»
Jan 12, 2021 9:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.