Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (60) « First ... « 56 57 [58] 59 60 »
Jan 12, 2014 9:41 AM
Jul 2013
Naruto, laddie
Jan 12, 2014 9:46 AM

May 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Dark_Divider said:
ssjokg said:
a series with 250+ eps based on two or so eps is not good.
It doesnt matter if even I agree with the first eps being boring/not good.

And this goes for all anime.

So that means that you would also not judge Doraemon, Detective Conan, Sazae-san, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Ranma 1/2, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc without having seen at least half for example?
He never said half, he just said not two episodes. Especially story focused ones.

So, 3 episodes then? Nah, just kidding. But seriously though, I am quite curious as to what percentage he thinks we need to see before we are "qualified to critique" this.
Jan 12, 2014 9:53 AM

Sep 2011
Dark_Divider said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Dark_Divider said:
ssjokg said:

So that means that you would also not judge Doraemon, Detective Conan, Sazae-san, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Ranma 1/2, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc without having seen at least half for example?
He never said half, he just said not two episodes. Especially story focused ones.

So, 3 episodes then? Nah, just kidding. But seriously though, I am quite curious as to what percentage he thinks we need to see before we are "qualified to critique" this.
well for any series you drop, you cant judge it as a whole, your only allowed to judge what youv seen, just because its likley your opinion wont change doesnt mean you magically know the rest of the series is as bad from when you dropped, you need to complete a series to criticize it overall, when you drop something you limit the range as to what you can criticize fairly

but for gintama its weird, a very very very very small lucky bunch like it from the start, and a almost as equally as small group likes it from around episode 10ish, but most people seem to start enjoying it at episode 18 or 20, while some people dont like it till episode 50, though despite those people existing i say if you havent even gotten a chuckle from anything by episode 30ish then just drop it, while its possible to enjoy the rest since the 1st year is the weakest even when it gets good theres only a very small chance you would so dropping will save you a ton of time

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 12, 2014 9:56 AM

Dec 2012
Dark_Divider said:

Many people mistake not liking something for it being bad. It's one thing to watch 10 episodes of One Piece and say "this is too slow for me, not my thing" and then to say "WOW UTTER SHIT THIS BLOWS, WHATTA FAIL!"
Jan 12, 2014 10:01 AM

Sep 2011
Ratohnhaketon said:
Dark_Divider said:

Many people mistake not liking something for it being bad. It's one thing to watch 10 episodes of One Piece and say "this is too slow for me, not my thing" and then to say "WOW UTTER SHIT THIS BLOWS, WHATTA FAIL!"
indeed, its amazing how differently disliking something will come off if you present it more modestly, of course there are always dick fans that will get angry no matter how modestly you introduce your dislike of something but they will usually get flack from fans of the series for being a dick about it

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 12, 2014 10:08 AM

May 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
Dark_Divider said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Dark_Divider said:
ssjokg said:

well for any series you drop, you cant judge it as a whole, your only allowed to judge what youv seen, just because its likley your opinion wont change doesnt mean you magically know the rest of the series is as bad from when you dropped, you need to complete a series to criticize it overall, when you drop something you limit the range as to what you can criticize fairly

True, true. I guess I was asking this question partly because I had seen a big chunk of another long running shonen *wink wink*, and I made a general assumption and got stabbed for it not too long ago. Mind you, I couldn't be sure of it because I am not that far yet, but I thought my assumption wasn't too off the mark. Sorry, getting a little personal here and going off track :S
Jan 12, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
Honestly Code Geass. I thought the premise had a lot of potential and seemed really cool if done right. I found the characters to be inconsistent on a bunch of levels, the story to be convoluted as a whole, and Lelouch after all i'd heard about him coming in was a massive disappointment for me. He isn't witty or rather legitimately strategic. Half the time the lazy writing just has Lelouch magically know things or come to conclusions without any real explanation and slip "as I predict/suspected/planned/though" before this "deduction" and the other half of the time he's using the same stale tricks over and over again which were never mindblowing to begin with (him using pre-recorded voices/images of himself while he's someplace else or using territorial advantage on occasion during fights and then getting beaten back the exact same way).

Idk, I'm fresh off of watching Geass. Came into it hyped about it SO ready to give it a 10/10 and wanting it to be that for me. I was ready to forgive little things here and there if I had to but it was just too much for me to overlook/accept.

I did like the ending (the last 5 episodes or so were rather good and the certain bits of the last episode were really good)
Jan 12, 2014 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
Champloo_Remix said:
Honestly Code Geass. I thought the premise had a lot of potential and seemed really cool if done right. I found the characters to be inconsistent on a bunch of levels, the story to be convoluted as a whole, and Lelouch after all i'd heard about him coming in was a massive disappointment for me. He isn't witty or rather legitimately strategic. Half the time the lazy writing just has Lelouch magically know things or come to conclusions without any real explanation and slip "as I predict/suspected/planned/though" before this "deduction" and the other half of the time he's using the same stale tricks over and over again which were never mindblowing to begin with (him using pre-recorded voices/images of himself while he's someplace else or using territorial advantage on occasion during fights and then getting beaten back the exact same way).

Idk, I'm fresh off of watching Geass. Came into it hyped about it SO ready to give it a 10/10 and wanting it to be that for me. I was ready to forgive little things here and there if I had to but it was just too much for me to overlook/accept.

I did like the ending (the last 5 episodes or so were rather good and the certain bits of the last episode were really good)

R2 sucks
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Jan 12, 2014 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
Ventose said:
Champloo_Remix said:

R2 sucks

Really? I liked R2 better than R1 (although of course R2 does have it's obvious flaws) reason being I felt it patched up a few of the big gripes I had with R1 a little bit at least (and...of course presenting some new problems but imo the whole thing was at least an improvement). Also the actual series ending won some brownie points with me.

As a whole Geass was a disappointment for me. Like I said, I came in ready to love it and was just let down.
Jan 12, 2014 12:32 PM

Feb 2013
JackFisher said:
vongola-undecimo said:
jesselove97 said:
I don't hate it but except the really good drawings but I think it is overrated. I think the plot of Fate Stay Night is much better

i really do'nt see how that can be,but even if that's the case the characters and the sol aspects really undermine the plot for me

PEOPLE DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED!

most epic one liner ever
Jan 12, 2014 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
Naruto *I start hating it after it had mostly over 300 fillers and the only thing he can do is rasengan here, rasengan there , rasengan everytime -_-*
Jan 12, 2014 1:00 PM
Dec 2013
Luckymelancholy said:
Naruto *I start hating it after it had mostly over 300 fillers and the only thing he can do is rasengan here, rasengan there , rasengan everytime -_-*

Its more like shadow clone here,shadow clone there,shadow clone everytime...seriously,whenever I watch Naruto and theres a new villian,it starts with Naruto screaming something like "Im gonna beat the crap out of you with my jutsu" and Im like "omg asdffdfda he learned a new jutsu howawesomeisthat" but then "yeaaah shadow clone jutsu"...that brat dissapoints me everytime :'(
Jan 12, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2013
Fate/Zero.

I've been pondering this show a lot as of late and I find that it is a mix of good and bad qualities. The good being the premise, the stunning visuals, Rider, Saber, excellent OST, and the fights (the few that there are). The bad being the very slow pacing of season 1, the show trying too hard to be edgy, several despicable characters, Gilgamesh being way overpowered, and the underwhelming ending.

While it's possible that I might revise my thoughts on FZ during my planned rewatch of it, I still presently think that the people who praise this series as being a masterpiece are overlooking some very obvious flaws.
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 12, 2014 1:53 PM

Aug 2009
^^People being cruel in a war is edgy.....and some other stuff by you that never made sense .
Jan 12, 2014 2:00 PM
Mar 2013
cowboy bebop
neon genesis evangelion
school days
fairy tail
Jan 12, 2014 2:07 PM

Apr 2012
I guess this one is not a surprise as a bunch think like me but I dislike Haruhi Suzumuya and K-ON and other SoL where nothing really happens.
Especially Haruhi. The second season is the worst trash I have ever seen, taking nothing happens to a whole other level that it actually becomes a new definition. From now on when even less than nothing happens we should say Haruhi S2 happens.
Jan 12, 2014 2:12 PM

Jun 2013
Exaccus said:
Fate/Zero.

I've been pondering this show a lot as of late and I find that it is a mix of good and bad qualities. The good being the premise, the stunning visuals, Rider, Saber, excellent OST, and the fights (the few that there are). The bad being the very slow pacing of season 1, the show trying too hard to be edgy, several despicable characters, Gilgamesh being way overpowered, and the underwhelming ending.

While it's possible that I might revise my thoughts on FZ during my planned rewatch of it, I still presently think that the people who praise this series as being a masterpiece are overlooking some very obvious flaws.

Probably because you have to watch Fate/Stay for it to make sense but then since that anime apparently sucks most people have suggested that you should play the VN.
Jan 12, 2014 2:14 PM

Aug 2009
Big_Worm said:
Exaccus said:
Fate/Zero.

Probably because you have to watch Fate/Stay for it to make sense but then since that anime apparently sucks most people have suggested that you should play the VN.
It isnt that.
Believe me.
He hates that there "info dumps"/character and world development,"evil characters", people being cruel in a war etc etc...
Jan 12, 2014 2:15 PM

Jan 2014
One Piece. I can't stand the show, the characters are annoying, as is the art style. The main character's voice isn't too pleasing either, In English or Japanese. Overall the show seems very unoriginal in some aspects, such as the main character's characteristics and powers. Many things about the show are just /too/ ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I like shows which are over the top sometimes (TTGL, Fairy Tail) but everything is exaggerated to the point where its neither entertaining nor funny, just annoying.

Edit: I also dislike it when an anime goes on forever and is full of filler. I like good conclusions. Not 600+ episodes, and more to come.
MalthusJan 12, 2014 2:22 PM
Jan 12, 2014 2:17 PM

Jun 2013
ssjokg said:
Big_Worm said:
Exaccus said:
Fate/Zero.

It isnt that.
Believe me.
He hates that there "info dumps"/character and world development,"evil characters", people being cruel in a war etc etc...

Oh okay well that's kind of stupid reasoning, but to each his own.

OT: OreImo, Haruhi, Accel World, and Guilty Crown.
Jan 12, 2014 2:31 PM

Jan 2014
barrows said:
cowboy bebop
neon genesis evangelion
school days
fairy tail

Quite some critically acclaimed animes there. At first I didn't care for CB or NGE too much, as they were slow to start and they threw you into the show without knowing much of anything. But they developed well later on, revealing backstory as they went on. Fairy tail, however, I thought is was pretty good, although it is a bit long, with some filler.
Jan 12, 2014 2:51 PM

Apr 2012
Rsrdaman said:
barrows said:
cowboy bebop
neon genesis evangelion
school days
fairy tail

Quite some critically acclaimed animes there. At first I didn't care for CB or NGE too much, as they were slow to start and they threw you into the show without knowing much of anything. But they developed well later on, revealing backstory as they went on. Fairy tail, however, I thought is was pretty good, although it is a bit long, with some filler.

Meh the only one I actually really like from that list is Cowboy bepop the other ones are kinda meh. I think NGE is good and fairly entertaining but that is all. I see nothing of the pretentious bullshit all the other people see, and School Days is pretty shit, and a lot of people think its shit, so yeah, not really acclaimed there.
Jan 12, 2014 3:04 PM

Jun 2012
Meh, even when I liked it I considered Fairy Tail to be the poor man's One Piece. Everything it did One Piece did better, but it was fun for casual viewing if nothing else

.....and then Tenrou Island happened

Mostly indifferent towards NGE, though.
Jan 12, 2014 3:14 PM
Dec 2011
'Attack on Titan'... I have watched and didnt like the series after all. I really dont understand why this anime is so popular and overrated.
Jan 12, 2014 4:16 PM

Apr 2013
Zentasu said:
'Attack on Titan'... I have watched and didnt like the series after all. I really dont understand why this anime is so popular and overrated.
Mostly because 2013 animes were so bad
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Jan 12, 2014 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
Forgetfulness said:
Yagami22 said:
Luckymelancholy said:

Its more like shadow clone here,shadow clone there,shadow clone everytime...seriously,whenever I watch Naruto and theres a new villian,it starts with Naruto screaming something like "Im gonna beat the crap out of you with my jutsu" and Im like "omg asdffdfda he learned a new jutsu howawesomeisthat" but then "yeaaah shadow clone jutsu"...that brat dissapoints me everytime :'(
It's sad because even when he learns a new technique after Rasengan and all its variations...they say that Rasengan was based off said technique
So in the end, it's almost the same thing :|

They Spiced it up a little by making something call rasenshuriken what is throwable :3
Jan 12, 2014 6:04 PM

Jun 2012
Rsrdaman said:
Overall the show seems very unoriginal in some aspects, such as the main character's characteristics and powers.

Edit: I also dislike it when an anime goes on forever and is full of filler. I like good conclusions. Not 600+ episodes, and more to come.

.....................But you like Fairy Tail, where the main character is a hot-blooded fire user, but the guy that can stretch and has an entire viable moveset based around that power is....very unoriginal. Wut?

And you've seen 5 episodes, shit at this point the series is Luffy/Zoro on a fishing boat and Nami isn't even a crew member yet and only working with them because she has to

You're also assuming it's "full of filler" just because it's 600 episodes, when even if you've happened to come across some promotional material or seen a few canon episodes it's clear there's a story with some actual development happening

The rest of your post I just simply disagree on, but not enough to write (more) semi-paragraphs saying why so.
Jan 12, 2014 6:29 PM

Feb 2013
Kaimon237 said:
Rsrdaman said:
Overall the show seems very unoriginal in some aspects, such as the main character's characteristics and powers.

.....................But you like Fairy Tail, where the main character is a hot-blooded fire user, but the guy that can stretch and has an entire viable moveset based around that power is....very unoriginal. Wut?

And you've seen 5 episodes, shit at this point the series is Luffy/Zoro on a fishing boat and Nami isn't even a crew member yet and only working with them because she has to

You're also assuming it's "full of filler" just because it's 600 episodes, when even if you've happened to come across some promotional material or seen a few canon episodes it's clear there's a story with some actual development happening

The rest of your post I just simply disagree on, but not enough to write (more) semi-paragraphs saying why so.
im always suprised when i see people like Ftail but not One Piece
Jan 12, 2014 6:53 PM

Dec 2012
Probably because FT is more fun and less cheesy and the fights and characters are not completely sub par.
Jan 12, 2014 6:54 PM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
Probably because FT is more fun and less cheesy and the fights and characters are not completely sub par.
It also makes you more horny than one piece does.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jan 12, 2014 6:58 PM

Nov 2010
tsudecimo said:
I actually feel the exact same thing just the opposite.
Jan 12, 2014 6:59 PM

Jul 2013
tsudecimo said:

Don't forget the tits.

OT: Fairy tail because the the reasons he mentioned.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2014 6:59 PM

Dec 2012
Korrvo said:
tsudecimo said:

True dat..
Jan 12, 2014 7:00 PM

Sep 2012
You can say a lot of things about fairy tale, but ya gotta admit..

dem tits are 'mazin.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jan 12, 2014 7:07 PM

Jun 2012
I feel like Hiro Mashima needs to start a hentai, tbh

You can tell he wants to
Jan 12, 2014 7:10 PM

Sep 2011
i always though the proportions on the fairy tail girls were downright terrible, i really have no clue how anyone can find them remotely attractive

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 12, 2014 7:11 PM

Jul 2013
Kaimon237 said:
I feel like Hiro Mashima needs to start a hentai, tbh

You can tell he wants to

Borderline hentai sells more than actual hentai
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2014 7:17 PM

Apr 2013
As some people already stated, Cowboy Bebop. Pretty sure I slept through half of many episodes.

Fate/zero I wouldn't say dislike but people praised that more than fate/stay. I would say it is the opposite for me
Jan 12, 2014 7:18 PM

Sep 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
i always though the proportions on the fairy tail girls were downright terrible, i really have no clue how anyone can find them remotely attractive
I always had a preference for really busty women. Having that extra bit of jiggly awesome on the thighs, ass, and tits on any type of body size that isn't obese is incredibly attractive to me.

Most of the people I know IRL think that as well, however most of the people I meet online don't. I wonder if that's a coincidence, or if that says something about where I live.

rsgonz said:

Fate/zero I wouldn't say dislike but people praised that more than fate/stay. I would say it is the opposite for me
But..

PEOPLE DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED!
Jan 12, 2014 7:20 PM

Nov 2010
Korrvo said:
I always had a preference for really busty women. Having that extra bit of jiggly awesome on the thighs, ass, and tits on any type of body size that isn't obese is incredibly attractive to me.

Most of the people I know IRL think that as well, however most of the people I meet online don't. I wonder if that's a coincidence, or if that says something about where I live.
I'm the same, really surprised when I went online and people were talking about liking A cups and just enough to fit in their hands.
Jan 12, 2014 7:22 PM

Jul 2013
Forgetfulness said:
tsudecimo said:
Korrvo said:
tsudecimo said:

True dat..
It's gotten much better worse in recent chapters...

Masterpiece of the decade
Jan 12, 2014 7:24 PM

Sep 2012
Forgetfulness said:
tsudecimo said:
Korrvo said:
tsudecimo said:

True dat..
It's gotten much better worse in recent chapters...
I should start watching fairy tail...

..I know I shouldn't but damn dude
Jan 12, 2014 7:28 PM

Jul 2013
Korrvo said:

Why? Just watch to love ru darkness, much better.
Jan 12, 2014 7:35 PM

Sep 2012
_ultima_ said:
Korrvo said:

My dick told me to.
Jan 12, 2014 7:37 PM

Jul 2013
Korrvo said:
_ultima_ said:
Korrvo said:

My dick told me to.

Your dick will love to love ru darkness more.
Jan 12, 2014 7:38 PM

Sep 2012
_ultima_ said:

Your dick will love to love ru darkness more.
Damn my dick is so greedy.
Jan 12, 2014 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
ssjokg said:
Big_Worm said:
Exaccus said:
Fate/Zero.

It isnt that.
Believe me.

LOL you're still bitter, eh?

Go ahead, keep caricaturing my criticisms of your favorite Chinese cartoon.
Salmon is delicious.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (60) « First ... « 56 57 [58] 59 60 »

More topics from this board

» So, what's the oldest anime you've ever watched?

Gashadokur0 - 38 minutes ago

13 by rimurutatsuta »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » how many of your favorite characters are evil?

deg - May 12

10 by Maou_heika »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you have a prejudice against people who watch ecchi/hentai? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - May 9

58 by Archean-Return »»
8 minutes ago

» Your biggest why …? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 12

75 by Maou_heika »»
16 minutes ago

» Characters born on the same day/month as you ?

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

33 by Zettaiken »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.