Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 22, 2008 12:08 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder if it's Bonaparta who is at that city. If so, then I can't wait until Runge encounters Johan =P
Also, I wonder what Johan meant with that memory thing.
Sep 17, 2008 5:30 PM

Jun 2008
so Johan became like this was all because of Nina
Oct 29, 2008 7:52 AM

Oct 2008
Muhaha you don't actually see Johan killing very often! It was so cool :D

Bari bari, gusha gusha, baki baki, gokun
Dec 29, 2008 4:41 PM

Jun 2008
that killing scene was pretty cool :D

Apr 10, 2009 4:39 AM

Jul 2008
What is this one memory, I hope it has already been hinted at somewhere in the series.
Aug 15, 2009 7:55 AM

Jul 2009
"I created a monster, cos nobody wants to see Marshall no more they want Shady, I'm chopped liver" pretty much sums up Johan XD
Jan 29, 2010 10:13 AM

Jan 2009
oh my! what an episode..perfect
Apr 9, 2010 9:04 AM
Nov 2009
Best episode yet!!
May 29, 2010 8:39 PM

May 2008
Cross-dressing little Johan is creepy!
90% of Anime is shit, but then, 90% of everything is shit.
May 30, 2010 5:27 PM

Sep 2008
Mamiiko Noto might have created a monster, but it was all part of her plan to better herself. Johann is just a tool. I can't but help the feeling that she will die though. Tenma better take care of her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2010 8:25 AM

May 2010
This episode is great...

all facts were revealed..

so we all know that Johan is expert in crossdressing as Nina xD

but "that" memory who Johan only knows is still a mystery..

Runge at another city... He made it that far so I want more of him next ep..

Man, what a good feeling after watching this ep... =)
Sep 9, 2010 6:45 AM

Sep 2009
Man it's so close to finishing!
Tenma has changed so much, from a meek and shy Japanese doctor to a being on the run and not afraid to pull the trigger!
Though he still has his humanitarianism-ness about him.
7 eps left!
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Nov 21, 2010 10:53 AM

Mar 2010
johan has changed his mind about the old plan wich was.....

now he has a different memory about only what he knows

tnema and Nina i see something happening >.>

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 19, 2010 4:05 PM

Sep 2009
Lunge! Where the hell have you been?! You've missed out on a lot!
May 19, 2011 3:36 PM

Oct 2008
7 episodes left.. wonder how they will wrap it up.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 24, 2011 8:01 PM

Nov 2008
Woooo I was right about the cross dressing Johan - Nina memories things
Its so refreshing to see characters in this anime that can actually shoot for the kill...Johan may be a crazy murdering crossdressing creep, but atleast he's determined (idr if thats the right word)...unlike Tenma and Nina who just have guns to have them...Seriously I kinda hate Tenma and all this pacifism he's pulling...So determined to kill someone, yet he can barely pull the trigger, and forget about him letting someone actually die...while I'm ranting...the fuck is with him going around using his real name and looking the exact same so people and the police can easily catch and identify...IT BOTHERS ME!!!...plus his sentence to Nina was creepy

Oh great, now i have to deal with Runge coming back...he better be useful or gtfo cause i can't handle anymore annoying main characters, side character, 2 sec introduction characters, or any of them nemore

Just tell me what happened to their momma and lets end this already...
SickeninglySweetJun 24, 2011 8:05 PM
Feb 13, 2012 3:43 PM

Oct 2009
Epic!!! ^^
Feb 22, 2012 2:06 PM

Jun 2011
johan was a pervert since he was a kid
Mar 21, 2012 11:44 PM

Mar 2009
So Johan's mind was fucked because of Nina.
Mar 22, 2012 12:57 PM

Mar 2010
lol johan dressed as a girl since he was a kid
Jun 13, 2012 5:29 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
so Johan took Nina's memories as his own and a monster was born? i'd love to see what his "one memory" that no else except Bonaparta knows is. I'd also like to see what it is they were trying to accomplish in modern Germany. Is it a "Boys from Brazil" kind of thing trying to revive the 3rd Reich or what?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 18, 2012 4:11 PM

Jul 2009
What I'm wondering is, what was Johan's plan in Frankfurt? I know it had something to do with that Christof guy, but iirc, they never explained exactly what the two of them were planning to do. Yeah, Petr Capek wanted to install Johan as a dictator, but I assumed Johan had a plan of his own. Are we meant to assume that Johan planned to assassinate Petr Capek, then have him and Christof become the heads of the organization? I hope they don't just leave this plot thread hanging...
bellpickleJul 18, 2012 4:27 PM
Sep 30, 2012 6:10 PM
Apr 2011
who was the guy johan just killed?

have we been introduced to him yet?
Oct 1, 2012 3:57 PM

Nov 2009
Why isn't Nina going all twisted if her memories came back and they were what warped Johann. It seems the memory Johan has that Nina is lacking is a good one... Anyways aside from that Runge works fast. He got to the place where the finale will probably take place before the rest even got there.
Nov 30, 2012 3:08 PM

Dec 2007
Time to do something useful for a change, Lunge.
Dec 2, 2012 12:40 PM

Feb 2011
Soooo Johan projected Nina's memories onto himself which drove his revenge, domination or whatever his original plan was, but now he's "woken up" to the truth and has a different plan. But what is and was the plan? And then there's that memory of his. Hmmm...

Also, I had to laugh when Tenma went running into the building, gun drawn. What't the point, dude, you're not gonna kill anyone with it anyway. Lol
Dec 21, 2012 10:29 AM

Feb 2012
Finally this episode revealed some things.

About Episode:

Looks like all those people from that party got eliminated after drinking that red wine. I wonder why Bonaparta didn't drink that.

So Nina was one who created that Monster thing into Johan can't belive it! Does this mean Nina was only experiments in the Red Roses Mansion like she told. But she wasn't in Kinderheim 511. Or was she there also. And Johan just wanted to protect Nina from her memories. Like taking his pay from Nina.

Tenma looked funny just hiding and covering every place because that building was so old and definitely there weren't any people. So Nina told Johan something and he went to Bonaparte's son's house and eliminated him. Looks like Peter got also eliminated by organization. So Lunge also has found his way into Rurenheim.

5/5
Jan 30, 2013 7:54 AM

Jan 2012
I sincerely doubt it is possible to become a psycho just by hearing a story. Anyway, I was glad to see Runge in the end, haven't seen him for a while.

Feb 28, 2013 9:46 AM
Aug 2011
So essentially it's Nina's "fault". Well that was interesting.

Though i'm not sure I understand why little Johan was crossdressing.

Runge's here!
Apr 14, 2013 10:36 AM

Jun 2012
You'd better not let Anna die, Tenma. She mustn't die. I don't want her to die.

Does this mean that Tenma and Anna will be traveling together now? I hope so, because that would make so much more sense than traveling separately and running into each other every other year, considering they are both trying to accomplish the same thing (kill Johan).
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Apr 17, 2013 9:13 AM

Nov 2012
Mixxu said:
So Nina was one who created that Monster thing into Johan can't belive it! Does this mean Nina was only experiments in the Red Roses Mansion like she told. But she wasn't in Kinderheim 511. Or was she there also. And Johan just wanted to protect Nina from her memories. Like taking his pay from Nina.

Tenma looked funny just hiding and covering every place because that building was so old and definitely there weren't any people. So Nina told Johan something and he went to Bonaparte's son's house and eliminated him. Looks like Peter got also eliminated by organization. So Lunge also has found his way into Rurenheim.

Let's see how well I think I understand all the incidents so far. First of all, it's Red Rose Mansion then Kinderheim 511; thought it's the other way around till this episode. Nina's the one in the experiment and accidentally brainwash Johan into a deranged individual. It should also be note that since it's not Nina who poisoned the guests, it's obvious that it's Franz Bonaparta who did the poisoning. To further the cause, it's not as if Nina/Johan is capable of cleaning up the mess by themselves. Ever since then, Johan started his master plan with the first victims being the two old couple who offer them food. They tried to cross the border from Czech to German but ultimately fall unconscious. The Kinderheim 511 men then found them and place them in two different orphanage (shown before). As expected, Johan into Kinderheim while Nina go to another 'good' orphanage which is free from government control.

The person who Johan killed isn't Bonaparta's son since Bonaparta's son is the puppeteer from before (told by Lunge). Though I'm unsure whether this financial aid guy who funded all Johan's infiltration/killing is introduced before. Seems like a random guy from nowhere albeit it does serve it purpose by proving that Johan had someone (probably from the organization) who backed him up all these years.

Laraso said:
Does this mean that Tenma and Anna will be traveling together now? I hope so, because that would make so much more sense than traveling separately and running into each other every other year, considering they are both trying to accomplish the same thing (kill Johan).

The irony is that, while they're pursuing the same goal, they tried to shoulder the responsibility by themselves by not allowing the other party to execute Johan.

All in all this had been a great episode. From miles away it's obvious that the one involved in the Red Rose Mansion experiment is Nina but Johan's insistence and the detailed exposition he delivers surprised me. I always assumed Johan's a composed individual whom manipulated Nina's memory rather than the other way around albeit unintentionally. The only downside is when Tenma tried to console Nina. I reckon (and hopefully I'm right) Tenma meant to convey that he can't redeem himself for his past mistakes if Nina took her own life. Instead, it's phrased as though Tenma is romantically interested in Nina. That in itself is against what the show had developed them to be. Perhaps the faults lies on the confusing subs but who knows. 7 more episodes to go and hopefully I'm right.
KenjimaxApr 17, 2013 9:19 AM
Apr 29, 2013 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
That was a cold blooded kill.
I think i know the place Johan is talking about. It's afterlife :P
May 8, 2013 3:07 PM

Oct 2012
Satisfying explantion and excellent episode. I only want to know why Johan was crossdressing - was everything because of that perverted book? Or was he perverted since birth? Why only Nina was taken to Red Roses Mansion? What they was trying to achieve with this sick experiment?

Now for the beginning of the end - to Jaromir Lipsky's father - Franz Bonaparta!
May 8, 2013 3:23 PM

Oct 2012
Kenjimax said:
The only downside is when Tenma tried to console Nina. I reckon (and hopefully I'm right) Tenma meant to convey that he can't redeem himself for his past mistakes if Nina took her own life. Instead, it's phrased as though Tenma is romantically interested in Nina. That in itself is against what the show had developed them to be. Perhaps the faults lies on the confusing subs but who knows. 7 more episodes to go and hopefully I'm right.

That was friend's hug for sure. Or better - hug that can only be shared by very close persons who care about each other and gone through many things together. No romantic thing I guess. Not when there is Eva who still loves him. Tenma sees Nina as someone who he has to protect at all costs and failing that he would failed himself also. So he cannot allow her to kill herself. He is halfway talking to himself when he is consoling her.

Edit: And next ep - Steiner is finnaly back, yay! :)
Aug 13, 2013 11:32 AM

May 2013
it doesn't really make sense that Johann became that way because of Nina's memories only.. maybe that one memory that's left will explain it all.

Also I was pretty sure Nina will shoot this time.. I don't know, I just got sick of not-shooting-Johann when he's right in front of you

kurotera said:

^ true
Aug 22, 2013 7:45 PM

Mar 2013
Lunge is back! Crazy episode
Aug 23, 2013 9:57 AM
May 2012
So that's how it is!!
Nov 5, 2013 10:36 PM
Feb 2011
Lady_Oum said:
it doesn't really make sense that Johann became that way because of Nina's memories only.. maybe that one memory that's left will explain it all.
Nah it's not as shallow as that. Don't forget he was also indulging in Poppe's books (or was he reading only The Monster Without A Name?), and was groomed to be the next Hitler in Kinderheim 511. As for the crossdressing, there's bound to be some significance I'm sure. (Sheesh, rewatching this series five years later and I still can't readily digest everything.)
Nov 7, 2013 12:18 AM

Jul 2009
wow what a episode!!

so it was Nina that experienced the experiment!!! and Johan was transformed a Monster because of that? what a twist!!!

and yeah it was obvious Franz Bonaparta poisoned them. it must have scarred Nina because of that event. i have a feeling Franz Bonaparta has a more elaborate plan than what the original experiment was supposed to be.

and lol Johan was always a crossdresser even as a child XD and i always wonder on why on the flashback it shows the girl getting hit by the thorns and not Johan himself.

i'm surprised Nina didn't turned a Monster instead. i guess she did passed her memories to him and made it his own.

i wonder if Johan will truly kill himself or will he do something even more destructive than what has happened so far??

damn we were about to learn what that secret memory is from Peter Capek. and he get's killed by the same body guards that protected him.

i actually wondered on how Peter has managed to survived so far? didn't he drink a poison wine? unless Johan made him convinced something since he's been acting weird all the way. it doesn't matter. he's already dead anyways.

Johan killed his financial backer just like that!?! to be honest i thought it was Franz Bonaparta's son then i remembered he talked to Lunge.

it's been awhile since we saw Johan kill someone in person and live as well!!

Lunge!!!! i freaking knew you would appear at the end!!!

now we will know what he learned from Franz's son. what the hell it took him so long?!?!

we're almost there!! T___T
Nov 25, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2011
How the hell was this episode so good, every time it faded to black i though oh man what a amazing episode i cant wait to see what happens next, then it turned out the episode wasnt over and there was even more greatness to come

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 9, 2013 10:40 PM

Jan 2013
I feel bad for Nina, she's been so mind fucked by Johan and Johan by her memories it's just so confusing. Looks like Johan has kind of lost it now after realizing he wasn't the one that had seen all those deaths at the Rose Mansion.

Love the way he kills though, so perfect. No emotion, just killing. Oh man if Lunge meets Johan, it'll blow Lunge's mind.
Dec 13, 2013 1:06 PM

Nov 2013
Top-notch episode - so many revelations, but so many more questions to be answered. The serene soundtrack playing during those two cold, calculated murders near the end was brilliant.

I wonder what The Magnificent Steiner has been up to. Definitely one of the coolest characters in the series.
Jan 28, 2014 12:58 PM
Mar 2013
AlexSadist-sama said:
So Johan's mind was fucked because of Nina.
how was it ninas fault?
Jan 28, 2014 12:59 PM
Mar 2013
So hes been cross dressing for some time now huh?:)
Mar 20, 2014 3:59 AM

Oct 2013
Yebok said:
So hes been cross dressing for some time now huh?:)

She told him all the things that happened to her

Mar 30, 2014 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
kurotera said:

lmao
May 26, 2014 2:26 AM

Apr 2012
Johan is so fucking weird lol. He was a trap from an early age lool. I don't understand what the purpose of assuming Nina's memories as his own was meant to accomplish. Did he just do it to toy with her mind? To make it look like she was holding onto false memories? So many questions x.x

May 31, 2014 7:15 AM

May 2011
Pocketasces said:
johan was a pervert since he was a kid

eheheh
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

May 31, 2014 7:18 AM

May 2011
cannot expect much thinking from such a long episode count show, huh? well, it's good that everything is explained already, and now everyone knows what is happening already...(except for a tiny few) let's see what is Ruhenheim.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jun 15, 2014 6:49 PM

Jul 2011

Nothing wrong with the plot twist though. I'm eager to see how it will play out. I doubt Johann would have become the way he has just because his sister told him about her memories. Nice to see Runge too, haven't seen him in a while. What role does he play in the end? I can't see Tenma killing Johann for whatever reason. Hm.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

624 by Anamo7 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

253 by MeCuMint »»
Yesterday, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.