Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 3, 5:58 PM

Nov 2016
No Devil Fruit

No weapon

No genetic modification

Just a good old fist of love with plenty of Haki. Garp is built different. Galaxy Impact looked like it nuked the island.

Whole world thought Luffy was dead and Blackbeard shamelessly wearing his drip

FMmatronAug 3, 8:32 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 3, 5:58 PM

Dec 2021
Actually in the nick of time did Hibari decide to show up, because if she had shown up even a millisecond late the title of this episode would change from what it is, to Looking for the Answer - Koby the Hero Dies on the Battlefield lol. Koby and his crew aside, You know someone's aura is out of this world if the background characters eye's pop out. And aura did Garp have as he released that GALAXY FISTOOO

Toei went all out animating that Galaxy Fist. Well deserved as well. The sheer mass of the attack NEEDED to be capture that way. Just goes to show why Garp was in that big 3 with Roger and Whitebeard back in his prime. What if I told you Garp really had that DAWG in him. Everything following was bitter sweet. That is, until someone else, with aura that's on the same level as Garp's showed up. One tap of the foot and Hibari was gone... Aokiji's in for it now.

Aug 3, 6:41 PM

Apr 2018
The leaks from this episode came faster than I expected lmao. It's everywhere on twitch, reddit and twitter. I'm still catching up with the last 5-ish episodes, but I've read it already in the manga. The red glowing light that comes out of Garp's eyes makes him look more like a villian than a hero lmao. Great build up for the Galaxy Impact.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 3, 7:09 PM

Apr 2022
goddamn garp is a walking nuke with galaxy impact!! no dfs just straight aura. vincent and ishizuka went crazy with the visuals. bro was menacingly laughing in the air as well, what an entrance. glad to see the marines reunite and hibari looks cool af but damn kuzan got her. garp vs kuzan bout to pop off and blackbeard happened to pull up when kuzan was at his lowest after the L from akainu. hype episode.
Aug 3, 7:24 PM

Aug 2021
holy shit. galaxy impact looked absolutely insane
Aug 3, 7:25 PM
Dec 2022
Took Crunchyroll long enough to release the episode....

GRUS MY BELOVED some use of cgi I think?
ITS TIMEEEEEEEE GALAXY IMPACT FINALLY HERE ARGHHHHHHHHHHH
GARP IS SO AURA

THEY COOKED AHHHHHHHHHHH THIS WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN I EXPECTED Helmeppo lmfaooooo
KUZAN BACKSTORY LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Aug 3, 7:37 PM

Nov 2018
Holy fucking shit, to think Toei couldn't one-up themselves, they go all out with Galaxy Impact in what could be one of the best animated sequences in the entire show.
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Aug 3, 7:38 PM

Sep 2021
Koby:

Kuzan-san San San san
Aug 3, 7:39 PM

Apr 2016
Awesome Galaxy Impact, after waiting a year to see that in the anime I would say it was definitely worth the wait
Underrated character was the pirate who got distracted by how beautiful the flowers are
Aug 3, 7:50 PM
Mar 2018
animation yet again top teir
Aug 3, 8:04 PM

Feb 2020
If Garp is already like this, imagine what he was like in his prime

JIKAI:
Aug 3, 8:04 PM

Nov 2012
GALAXY IMPACT (TO)!!!!

Garp is the man! And it still wasn't impactful enough.

And the kick that sent a Navy vessels flying who knows how far! Now we know how it got on land.

Love Garp! Love Love Love him.
Aug 3, 8:07 PM
Feb 2021
I CAME LIKE FOUR TIMES
Aug 3, 8:23 PM

Jun 2014
RAAAHHH IT'S SO FUCKING PEAK!!!! I LOVE ONE PIECE!!!!

I swear in these hype moments the Toei animators are exaggerating the fuck out of the effects, but I do NOT care. Keep adding that flare as you bring these moments to life, I fucking love it. They really made Garp look like Oppenheimer. God that was incredible.

After that amazing hype moment, they add onto the hype as Kuzan comes back. Looks like he's about to cause trouble for Garp and co.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 3, 8:32 PM
Jan 2021
The pirates are about to shoot Koby (not to kill, as Pizarro told them to bring Koby back ALIVE), but the bullets turn into flowers due to an invention that Vegapunk made.

However, Hibari, Navy HQ Commander (SWORD) is the one responsible for this. She shot Flower Bullets, preventing the pirates from shooting at Koby. She obviously has feelings for Koby as she’s blushing as she’s talking to him. Next we see the guy responsible for the mud soldiers, Prince Grus, Navy HQ Rear Admiral (SWORD), Glorp-Glorp Fruit, Clay-Man. And due to Kujaku’s powers, the pirates have been surrounded by the buildings and can’t escape, so now, it’s time.

Garp punches the water to launch the ship right into the open trap the pirates are in. They are shocked to see the ship falling towards them as Garp jumps off and readies his attack. He talks about how Koby is his beloved pupil and the future of the Navy. He hits them with Galaxy Impact. Everyone is decimated by the attack and the pirates are COOKED.

Garp mentions that he’s off his game though, implying that he can do better. All the Navy soldiers greet Koby and are glad to see that he’s okay. Garp asks Koby why he’s carrying the shackle, but before that issue can be taken care of, Aokiji freezes Hibari and prevents Koby’s escape.

We get a recap of how Aokiji’s fight went with Akainu and how he left the Navy after his.

Shortly after this fight, Aokiji went to one of Blackbeard’s islands and froze his crew members. Before Blackbeard could retaliate, Aokiji warns him not to use his Tremor-Tremor powers because that means his crewmates will shatter and die. Why has Aokiji gone down this path?

In the ending segment, we learn that Helmeppo was born July 16th and likes caviar and luxurious steak. We get a recap of his introduction, including that he’s the son of former Navy branch captain Axe-hand Morgan and tried to execute Zoro.

I’M EXCITED TO SEE MORE!
Aug 3, 9:45 PM

Mar 2015
More focus on the Navy and their top guns.. the animation sequence for Garp's Galaxy Impact was as immense as it deserved! And we finally get to see why and how Aokiji joined the dark side!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 3, 10:08 PM
Jun 2021
But the pacing was really bad of the galaxy impact. The animators overdid unnecessary scenes and the explosion wasn't also similar to the manga. Although the animation was cool but it was really badly storyboard.
- ad99
Aug 3, 10:14 PM
Dec 2023
Fuck! That garp scene was fucking amazing, My expectations were high but still it surpassed everything. Also, after reading Manga I was wondering how the warship was flying, glad to see the explanation. To think straw hats are just wasting a lot of cola and instead you just need a garp fist is amazing.
I also liked kuzan's entry very much.
Rest of the Episode was average. Overall, another great episode from One Piece.
Aug 4, 12:01 AM

Jul 2008
The Monkey family knows how to throw a punch.
Aug 4, 12:28 AM
May 2022
Nice to see Garp cares more about one pupil he trained rather than his own grandson…
Aug 4, 12:30 AM
May 2022
I suppose it’s a nice change of pace to see the Navy acting like heroes rather than terrorists/criminals.
Aug 4, 12:47 AM

Nov 2023
That's why Garp is a GREAT character.

Good job Toei for animating it well.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Aug 4, 1:08 AM
Sep 2022
THE HAKIMAN HIMSELF
Aug 4, 1:13 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to FMmatron
No Devil Fruit

No weapon

No genetic modification

Just a good old fist of love with plenty of Haki. Garp is built different. Galaxy Impact looked like it nuked the island.

@FMmatron I didn't even notice BB wearing Luffy's outfit lol. The disrespect.

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Aug 4, 1:16 AM

Sep 2020
Don't get me wrong, I love this sequence of the Egghead arc, but there are just more interesting things to come. Anyway, I hope Kuzan gets pummeled. He had so many ppl he could've frozen, but he decided it was gonna be Hibari? Out of all the crappy things he's done so far, that easily takes the cake for me.

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Aug 4, 1:31 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to samsince04
Don't get me wrong, I love this sequence of the Egghead arc, but there are just more interesting things to come. Anyway, I hope Kuzan gets pummeled. He had so many ppl he could've frozen, but he decided it was gonna be Hibari? Out of all the crappy things he's done so far, that easily takes the cake for me.
@samsince04

I just dont get how much he has changed.

Has to be playing some long game right.
Aug 4, 1:47 AM

Jun 2015
Bruhhhh they went OFF on the Galaxy Impact!!! Even I wasn't expecting that kind of animation for thay. Sheeeesh!!!
Aug 4, 2:15 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
PEAK FICTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
Aug 4, 2:18 AM

Oct 2017
Good animation with galaxy impact but over the top as usual lately. Anyway Aokiji hype, get revenge. Need more whipgirl btw.
Aug 4, 2:56 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Vindicater
@samsince04

I just dont get how much he has changed.

Has to be playing some long game right.
@Vindicater Yh probably. Even as a manga reader, I'm still not sure what he's doing. Ig he's following his own sense of justice or he's just lashing out at the government? Regardless, he looks much less cooler these days.

Aug 4, 3:07 AM
Apr 2021
i like it evrybody watch this episode
Aug 4, 3:10 AM
Jan 2020
Absolute peak cinema! Garp's Galaxy impact is here, and that top-tier animation, colouring, art, and music reminds me of Luffy's Red Roc in episode 1015. The animation is so good, I love how they added fantasy images of galaxies when Garp was preparing for his attack. Garp has the strength to easily push his gigantic ship into the sky towards the island after that he jumps off the ship and uses galaxy impact which is a combination of advanced conquerors and armament haki which he didn't even need. direct contact. He still wasn't satisfied with himself with that attack meaning he actually didn't go all out, no wonder this man was able to go toe to toe with Roger without any devil fruits. Prince Grus stops the ship from falling with his Clay Clay fruit, an interesting ability to create clay clones, possibly logia or a paramecia type. I love the dynamics between Hibari and Koby, Hibari turned all of the pirates' weapons into flowers thanks to Vegapunk's gun, saving Koby. Kuzan freezes Hibari and we see Garp and Kuzan are going to face each other in battle. I can't wait for this fight next week plus Kuzan's flashback.
LuffyHammock94Aug 4, 4:06 AM
Aug 4, 3:54 AM

Apr 2013
Garp defeating fodder certainly did not have the same impact as Shanks' one-shot of Kidd plus Killer. Still a good episode though. Seems like the mystery of why Kuzan, who was supposed to be one of the good marines, decided to join Blackbeard will be lifted soon.
Aug 4, 4:42 AM
Jun 2023
Toei has done it again with their
recent animation
Aug 4, 6:13 AM
May 2017
never underestimate an old hero
Aug 4, 6:14 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I'm surprised to find out that the Navy ship launched in midair was because Garp threw a punch in the air and the gust from swinging his punch was what launched the ENTIRE SHIP from the ocean all the way to Pirate Island! How the heck did that happen but it's still so freakin' awesome to watch!! ๐Ÿคฃ

Daaannnngg! Garp's Galaxy Impact is too strong for words!! That haki-infused punch (too much haki!) nuked a large area of Pirate Island! But Garp wasn't satisfied with the strength of his Galaxy Impact, saying he was off his game. ๐Ÿ˜… If Garp was in his prime decades ago and attacked with Galaxy Impact decades prior, then his punch might have blown off Pirate Island from the map just like Imu did to Lulusia. ๐Ÿ˜…

This is how truly strong Garp is, even at his old age! Undoubtedly Gol D. Roger's rival from the Marines! Now if Garp went mad during the Marineford War without Sengoku stopping him, then Garp might have erased Sakazuki from Marineford. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Dammit Kuzan!! What are your motives? Why freeze Hibari-chan of all people?! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Unbelievable episode. That Galaxy Impact still gives me goosebumps. Need to re-watch it again and again. ๐Ÿ˜
Aug 4, 6:49 AM

Feb 2021
That meteor attack Garp is really cool! But it seems like Aokiji joined the Teach pirate member. Hmm...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 4, 7:00 AM

Nov 2014
Ill say it again, too much special effects to the point it takes away from the enjoyment, one piece doesn't need this.

Same happened with zoro vs king..

I rather rewatch the fan-made animations of garp GI than this..
Aug 4, 7:03 AM
Sep 2019
GARPPPP IS THE GOAT
Aug 4, 8:31 AM

Jan 2016
Bruh, Garp can't catch a break. The worst part is this pupil is currently doing bad things unlike Ace & Luffy et cetera who aren't bad pirates.
๏ปฟ
๏ปฟI am with Garp, that was bloody amazing. He coop de burst by just throwing a punch, and then mini-nuked the island with a single punch. However! I am also disappointed as was hoping would be a game over punch to the skull and destroy most of the island, just not a nice 10-20% chunk. This truly shows that Garp has never been talking out of his ass and shows why the marines never gave him issues for being a bit of a loose canon. He did restrain himself during Ace's execution, Sengoku knew full well what Garp could have done.
๏ปฟ
๏ปฟGarp saying the real talk, why the bloody hell is Koby carrying that around. Just break it you blood clown. Really disappointing, as they know Garp can easily break it. They got a good gang here for SWORD. Clay-man who seems pretty versatile, whip-lady who... whips, dinosaur drake (not sure if he's dead or not, think CP0 killed him), unknown abilities but flower shooter Hibari, and the hero Koby. Helmeppo and Tashigi also here to help.
๏ปฟWas really funny how they said Vegapunk won the mobel piece prize hahaha, I see it, turning everyone's weapons to flowers is pretty effective to forcing talk over fight.
๏ปฟSo we know haki can nullify devil fruits, wouldn't Garp be able to save Hibari with that? Or does that not apply to Logia effects since nature?
๏ปฟ
๏ปฟWe know Kuzan is a good guy, so he must have his reasons, but it's still so sad for us and Garp to see him like this :c
๏ปฟ
๏ปฟ4/5, got emotional, but annoyed by some things like the impact being a fraction of what I hoped for.

Aug 4, 8:33 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to FMmatron
No Devil Fruit

No weapon

No genetic modification

@FMmatron Wait, Blackbeard actually.... wait no, I just looked into it, apparently they always had similar drip, playing into they are the same but opposite ends of the pirate spectrum

Aug 4, 8:45 AM
Jul 2013
GARP the broken one. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ

Although well, we are on the verge of something I never thought I would see, Kuzan vs. Garp, the fucking mother of him. ๐Ÿ˜จ
Aug 4, 8:53 AM
Dec 2022
peak piece, galaxy IMPACTTT
Aug 4, 9:05 AM

Jun 2023
Toei cookin' again, again and again ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Aug 4, 9:29 AM

May 2020
another amazing episode
grap is the fucking goat
and aokiji is back aswell

Aug 4, 9:52 AM

Sep 2016
Dopeโ€€๐Ÿ‘€โ€€โ€€
Aug 4, 12:54 PM
Dec 2021
incredible animation!!
Aug 4, 1:35 PM
Dec 2022
PEAK FICTION!!!!!
Aug 4, 1:43 PM

Dec 2021
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

Aug 4, 3:02 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to cry4heals
Ill say it again, too much special effects to the point it takes away from the enjoyment, one piece doesn't need this.

Same happened with zoro vs king..

I rather rewatch the fan-made animations of garp GI than this..
@cry4heals you're insane and wrong.
๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Toei is finally giving us a One Pace-like remastered edit, and similarly to it, turning Fishman Island (58 eps) into 20-ish (21) episodes during this break.

Danpmss - Oct 13

41 by Danpmss »»
22 seconds ago

» Now Top #2 on MAL (one pice fan letter)

Yeshaiah2015yesh - 39 minutes ago

6 by AshTheChamp »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1122 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Oct 12

78 by RattTime »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelleee - Sep 13, 2008

384 by RODIOMG7 »»
1 hour ago

» fish man island remake own entry?

Eldencheese - Oct 13

12 by dragynfaerie »»
2 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.