Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 3:12 AM

Aug 2022
In the UK the Conversatives have called an election and it is specifically bring about National Service, in which Patriotic Britains get employed by the Government and are called upon to do What Mao, Stalin, and Pol Pot did have them do stuff like work in the fields of farms, work on the streets filling pot holes, and taking care of the old people that voted this into power.

Do you support this sort of Collective Public Working?

Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
May 26, 3:15 AM

Aug 2018
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but Singapore does have national service.

Do I support it? Not really, it was forced upon us.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_service_in_Singapore
May 26, 3:19 AM

Aug 2022
@Rhae

Lots of nations have National Service. In some nations in Europe you either serve in the Military or have to become like a Firefighter or something like that. Have to pay a pretty big fine if you don't wanna do it.
Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
May 26, 3:23 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to vasipi4946
@Rhae

Lots of nations have National Service. In some nations in Europe you either serve in the Military or have to become like a Firefighter or something like that. Have to pay a pretty big fine if you don't wanna do it.
@vasipi4946 It works the same way here too.

"Penalties for NS defaulters, NS defaulters are punishable with a fine of up to $10, 000 and/or a term of imprisonment up to 3 years."
May 26, 3:31 AM

Mar 2008
I dont think anything that places someone's health on the line should be mandatory but Im not too bothered by other forms but Im not sure they really even would be necessary if you make the jobs easier or overall more enjoyable and make employment and changing jobs an easy process.
May 26, 3:47 AM

Aug 2014
No, I do not advocate compulsory labor...especially not working for the government. *facepalm*
May 26, 3:48 AM

Jan 2009
we have it here in the philippines https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Service_Training_Program
sure its part of teamwork or collectivism anyway but i hate the military part of it
May 26, 4:00 AM

Feb 2024
You better ask your government what they did with tax money supposed to be spent on infrastructure and social projects.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 26, 4:17 AM

Sep 2016
Do you support National Service

Only if it's voluntary and gets paid properly.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 26, 4:22 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Zarutaku
Do you support National Service

Only if it's voluntary and gets paid properly.
@Zarutaku Have you ever heard about a thing with words "national" and "patriotic" in its advertisement that appeared to be voluntary and well-paid lol?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 26, 4:39 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@Zarutaku Have you ever heard about a thing with words "national" and "patriotic" in its advertisement that appeared to be voluntary and well-paid lol?
@LoveYourSmile Dunno, maybe some NSA job ad.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 26, 5:05 AM

Aug 2012
1) Are the Tories TRYING to lose the general election?!
2) I'm not really in favour of collective public working if it's state-mandated. While I do agree that maintaining farms, roads, and senior citizens are importantly, not everyone is cut out for such tasks. First, the quality of the services would be called into question. Second, other parts of the economy can also be affected negatively. I do think think the policy may be effective when combatting unemployment, but then there's also the question of long-term employment and skill development. Would they be addressed appropriately?
May 26, 8:45 AM
Jul 2021
Oh sh!t I forgot the US has a so called "National Service" aka the draft .... Completely forgot about that .....

I do have all my papers in order, you have to, if you are a citizen and male. At turning 18 you get this nice little letter telling you to basically hall you @ss and send to the Selective Service System (SSS) your info and register with them, and it needs to be done within 30 days of turning 18th.

Also you must notify the Selective Service within ten days of any changes to any of the information they provided on their registration cards, such as a change of address. But you only need to worry about it until your 26th birthday ..... LMAO. I can't even remember where I put all that paperwork including the card.....😅

My poor boys will have a field day when they find out they need to do same thing😆
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
May 26, 9:01 AM
Dec 2022
I bet hypotethical national service-like programs in many countries would be privatized.
May 26, 2:52 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Conscription and forced labour is slavery. Simple as that.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 26, 3:36 PM

Jul 2013
To the OP, it is all just a grand conspiracy by a group of super-evil, elite people, the whole time. Here is the proof...

https://collapseofindustrialcivilization.com/2013/10/08/the-conspiracy-is-systemic-and-legalized/

Consider the following, red-pilled quote...

""What if the wealth created by such an economy is amassing at the very tip of this pyramid scheme while leaving those below to fend for themselves in a world depleted of its resources and poisoned by industrial waste. Would such a grim reality be considered a conspiracy theory?""

Here is another nice article worth reading.

https://collapseofindustrialcivilization.com/2012/06/09/an-economic-and-social-system-that-undermines-life-itself/

Consider the following quote...

""It’s important to keep in mind that at the root of industrial civilization’s problems is an economic system called capitalism which requires infinite growth at the expense of our global life support system, the earth. The end game is a spent and destroyed environment in which a small global elite control the overwhelming percentage of the planet’s extracted wealth while the vast majority of the world’s population exist in squalor and debt peonage. The social hierarchy of our system can be visualized as a large pyramid with the wealthiest of society represented as the eye of a thin needle sitting atop the massive base that represents the rest of humanity. It seems the only impediment to capitalism is its own unstoppable path to self-destruction.""
May 26, 4:34 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Hm, well, it is not the path that I have chosen.
May 26, 5:11 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Kwanthemaster
Hm, well, it is not the path that I have chosen.
@Kwanthemaster serve your rich, good-for-nothing masters. Die in pointless wars. Which are all pointless when there is no more people on this planet in the near future.

More topics from this board

» スキンケア事は男性にとって必要でしょうか? is skin care necessary for men ?

ISeeLifePeople - 5 hours ago

10 by JaniSIr »»
2 hours ago

» The Proust phenomenon

RobertBobert - 11 hours ago

8 by Stavrogin_ »»
2 hours ago

» "Connoisseurs" of MAL, what are your thoughts on ART NOUVEAU? ( 1 2 3 )

Fario-P - Mar 11, 2021

129 by Fario-P »»
3 hours ago

» Is it easy to detect fictional drawings from real photographs?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

18 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» About MBTI ミビチアイの事

ISeeLifePeople - Yesterday

7 by Auron_ »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.