Forum Settings
Forums

Do you record your thoughts down in a journal?

New
May 13, 8:01 AM

Jul 2013
Not on your computer. But on a paper, notebook journal with a pencil and ballpoint pen?? How about you guys? I do that. It helps me with my mental issues. Journaling is a good way to deal with stress.
May 13, 8:47 AM

Feb 2020
I have a book in which I write about my train-related adventures & travels, and I give myself some advice in it as well.
Generally though I don't like writing things down, as I'm a bit embarrassed about my grammar & spellings as I never fully learnt how to write 100%
May 13, 8:56 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Loyal_Sheepling
I have a book in which I write about my train-related adventures & travels, and I give myself some advice in it as well.
Generally though I don't like writing things down, as I'm a bit embarrassed about my grammar & spellings as I never fully learnt how to write 100%
@LightWorker but you can post messages on this forum...so what makes you think you cannot write proficiently on paper btw??
May 13, 9:01 AM

Feb 2020
@DesuMaiden Well the devices I write on have predictive typing, so makes it easier. But even on these I miss out words, or have lots of typos that I only notice much later and correct. But grammar and punctuation I still don't fully know, I just copy what some others do and hope it's right and makes sense 😅
May 13, 9:03 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Loyal_Sheepling
@DesuMaiden Well the devices I write on have predictive typing, so makes it easier. But even on these I miss out words, or have lots of typos that I only notice much later and correct. But grammar and punctuation I still don't fully know, I just copy what some others do and hope it's right and makes sense 😅
@LightWorker so English isnt your native language, I presume???
May 13, 9:12 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to DesuMaiden
@LightWorker so English isnt your native language, I presume???
@DesuMaiden It is, I'm very much English, but I didn't go to School for long, and my illness makes learning & retaining things harder.
May 13, 9:14 AM

Jan 2009
nope not anymore but i do have some educational notes on google keep
May 13, 9:30 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Loyal_Sheepling
@DesuMaiden It is, I'm very much English, but I didn't go to School for long, and my illness makes learning & retaining things harder.
@LightWorker so how much school did you receive btw?? I have attended 16 years of school btw...
May 13, 9:51 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to DesuMaiden
@LightWorker so how much school did you receive btw?? I have attended 16 years of school btw...
@DesuMaiden I don't really know accurately...I first left around year 2 to be treated in hospital for about a year. Then I returned about mid-year of year 3. But I left school for good around year 5 as I was being bullied by most of the boys in my class, and I was just not enjoying school enough to stay (no friends etc). After that my parents signed up for me to be home educated, but for some of that time I wasn't being educated at all, it was only when we moved that I was home educated, and i was basically teaching myself.
I signed up for the Open University when I was about 16 or 17, and that's kind of like more advanced learning from home. Did 3 short science courses with them, but I was burning myself out and home life by that point was becoming very bad.
May 13, 10:06 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Loyal_Sheepling
@DesuMaiden I don't really know accurately...I first left around year 2 to be treated in hospital for about a year. Then I returned about mid-year of year 3. But I left school for good around year 5 as I was being bullied by most of the boys in my class, and I was just not enjoying school enough to stay (no friends etc). After that my parents signed up for me to be home educated, but for some of that time I wasn't being educated at all, it was only when we moved that I was home educated, and i was basically teaching myself.
I signed up for the Open University when I was about 16 or 17, and that's kind of like more advanced learning from home. Did 3 short science courses with them, but I was burning myself out and home life by that point was becoming very bad.
@LightWorker sounds like a bad life for you...
May 13, 12:11 PM

Jul 2016
Used to, can't be bothered to do it now.
May 13, 12:20 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I have, yes, but not often, a) because I forget, b) because I do not make it a consistent practice, c) because I am much slower at writing than typing, and d) because I tend to process things talking out loud to myself or with another person.
May 13, 12:27 PM

Feb 2020
Sometimes when I was younger, but not really anymore.
May 13, 12:51 PM

Nov 2023
Ye i got a personal discord server in which I just type whatevs is on my mind

00cactus
May 13, 2:58 PM

Jan 2023
I tried but it isn't for me, I like to talk to myself to get my thoughts out or something like that.
May 13, 3:03 PM

Aug 2018
I used to, for a short while, have a diary/journal. It's cringe, and I've thrown it away. Now I just write my thoughts down on random scraps of paper, keep or throw them afterwards, or just type them down somewhere on my phone. It depends.
May 13, 4:34 PM

Nov 2017
I wanted to have a diary when I was younger, cuz of intimate and delicate it seems to feel, but I never had the dedication to write down my thoughts for several days in a row, plus the majority of my daily life was only boring shit so no I never did
May 13, 5:24 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I did, intermittently. But I did it so infrequently it was easy to forget and so I never got in the habit of it.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
May 14, 2:39 AM

Mar 2018
i used to ... i don't anymore though. actually, i find that i have so many thoughts that
are sort of like untethered, just floating around in my brain and it gets so full sometimes
that i start to forget them all and then it's just empty and i'm empty and then i suddenly
have no thoughts at all. and so, in conclusion, i have nothing to write about anyway.

May 14, 5:09 AM

Nov 2019
May 14, 5:37 AM

Feb 2018
hmmm not really. never tried it but i didn't feel the need to. rather my mind is just constantly occupied with stuff to do

May 14, 5:41 AM

Feb 2024
I did that for a while because my psychologist insisted. But then I drew her in my journal a few times, she felt uncomfortable and let me stop. That was childish but she didn't get my joke.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 14, 6:52 AM

May 2013
I really would prefer not to.

Dont want to think about that shit.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
May 14, 6:56 AM

Jan 2023
No, I never did. It's enough to have it in my head (?).
May 14, 1:16 PM

Nov 2013
I make an entry every Sunday, reflecting on the week. It's quite relaxing. Also helps put things into perspective. Have been doing this for just under a year now.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 14, 6:02 PM

Sep 2014
i've been doing this sporadically for years now, mainly during times of stress or prolonged sadness. i find word vomiting about my problems helps me sort my thoughts out afterwards, so instead of burdening someone else with having to receive all that, i've taken to writing them down for myself to look at. sometimes i even take it a step further and try to turn my thoughts into poetry as a little writing exercise. regardless, letting things out in this fashion also helps with overthinking and generally not dwelling on things for too long
May 14, 6:08 PM
Mar 2017
In A OneNote or a Word doc. Used to paper but more so digital now.

It can be tracking books/games. Thoughts on shows or games I've seen or played. I don't so much do a journal. I did during one trip. But most times I remember what happened or have nothing to write down to care to remember them. Mostly media thoughts I had I write down. Not a holiday person. Entertainment is my holiday. I don't need to go somewhere to have one. I don't have anywhere I want to see I see enough on Google maps if I actually cared. I've been places sure and they were good but I'm not interested really.

Sometimes I drew up level designs for games on paper in my spare time. Usually based off flash games or some of the console games I liked format/structures for and put my own spin on some of my favourites to make new games out of them with new ideas. I'd usually make the menus and a few levels in PowerPoint but not anymore.

Sometimes I'd write up stories from dreams/random ideas I had in mind in word docs.
May 14, 6:45 PM

Jul 2013
Storing data on computers and the Internet is an epic fail because all that data will be permanently erased when the electric grids (around the world) permanently black out. Storing information on physical hard copies is a better idea than storing it on computers/the Internet...coz hard copy media might survive a little longer after SHTF happens than digital data...which will all be instantly gone when the electrical grid permanently goes out.

Of course, storing any data for future generations of humans is all moot...when you realize that there likely wont be anymore humans on Earth after the electrical grid permanently blacks out.

Why are food prices skyrocketing right now? Because Apocalyptical global famine is already starting. It wont be long before there is literally no more food at the supermarkets.
May 15, 9:47 AM

Jul 2010
I did it for some time long ago, when I had so much things happening in my life for such a short period of time.
Btw, it may be not a good idea if you're not living alone and then go from home for some time. lol
May 16, 3:01 AM

Jul 2012
Kinda, I used to record my lucid dreams in a notebook. It was quite fun for a while, but then I started getting a bit sad because 'sleeping me' was having a much better life, and looking forward to bedtime started to feel like escapism.

I still use the notebook, but it's more for random musings on general esoterica.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

May 19, 11:39 AM

May 2022
Nope, though I think I used to do that a few years ago but eventually stopped cause I was too lazy.
May 21, 5:54 PM
May 24, 10:12 PM

Aug 2019
I did a way better job of writing in a journal when I was younger, but am terrible at it now. It's been years since I've last written a journal. I should get back to it again. I have a whole email thread of stuff I've noted down in the past 1+ year about my cats that I've been slacking off so hard on (since if anything, I'm more likely to write a journal about my cats than myself nowadays).

More topics from this board

» What are you insecure about the most?

Ejrodiew - Apr 30

39 by LoveYourSmile »»
5 minutes ago

» Are video games a waste of time and money??

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

40 by Gween_Gween »»
28 minutes ago

» Do you guys go to conventions?

Fischer77 - Feb 12

43 by animeadept »»
1 hour ago

» I should get free bread every time I go to City Hall

vasipi4946 - 8 hours ago

8 by Zettaiken »»
2 hours ago

» Cleaning your room hurts the economy

vasipi4946 - May 25

38 by logopolis »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.