Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
This episode had card battles...not entirely an unique game but definitely one worth noting considering the victory conditions. Some of the character outfits looks gimmicky though.

Not going to lie, I do think this episode had the best momentum out of the other games. There were a lot of executed plays, one of the most noticable being Fay using a bluff to let their opponents drop their guard. Clever imo. Fay and Pearl wins but this quite an intense match.
May 6, 6:50 AM

Dec 2021
Begin the card game!

A match of the card-based strategic board game Mind Arena begins, with Fey & Pearl facing off against Dark Gia Scimitar & Kerlich Sea in a 2v2 showdown. The victory conditions of this game are to either reach the goal first or reduce the opponent's life to zero. Dark and his team opt for aggressive class selections, unleashing high-powered cards to attack relentlessly. As Fey and her team find themselves cornered, will they find a strategy to turn the tide?

Best game yet, but still found it dull.

May 6, 7:15 AM
Mar 2021
6 episodes and none of the games had me at the edge of my seat. really dissapointed

honestly I thought liar liar (which was lackluster) was even better at this point of the anime
May 6, 7:29 AM
Sep 2015
More of a tribute to YGO legacy.
May 6, 7:51 AM
Handler One

Jan 2023
This is the lamest combination of D&D, Yugioh, and Gang Beasts I’ve ever seen. How they make these games the equivalent of an abandoned indie game is just amusing.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
May 6, 9:18 AM
Oct 2019
very cool, if you play magic you really liked the mechanics of this challenge, I don't know about other card games, but really cool
May 6, 9:49 AM
Sep 2021
This episode was all about Yu-Gi-Oh play & that was nostalgic, pearl's importance in the game & Fay's master plan worked really well.
May 6, 10:54 AM

Apr 2021
Kind of predictable, but it was fun.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 6, 12:21 PM
Dec 2011
I mean a card game played as boardgame 10/10 creative
May 6, 12:35 PM

Dec 2015
i wanna sue LIDENFILMS and get that 23m and 40s of my lifespan back. this episode was worthless. the poor staff members that made this episode need double pay and extra days off for having to deal with crap like this. this show was OK so far, but this episode? ugh. rancid. :(
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
May 6, 12:38 PM
May 2021
Dam the card game was really interesting. It's going much better than that scam Liar liar anime lol
May 6, 2:46 PM

Feb 2019
Yu-Gi-Oh and Vanguard esque episode lol. Card game was actually decent design wise, just still felt something was lacking in this episode. We’re 6 episodes in so I can say it, this is the literal definition of mid. Not horrible, not good. Just kinda exists.
Marinate1016May 6, 2:52 PM
May 6, 4:40 PM

Jul 2016
Best episode so far!

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

May 6, 6:52 PM
Jan 2024
Good chapter, Fei's fight but I wonder what the next game will be
May 6, 9:03 PM

Nov 2009
How many Uno-reverse did both team do in this card game? LOL

Also, never would have guessed Pearl and Scimitar are into chunni, HAHAHA, and their partners are just going, but it's magma fire, what thunder?.... LOL

It's an interesting card game, but it also doesn't last very long... especially since I am pretty sure most people would just go for the damage route. Also... how many "secret" cards are there? LOL... feel pretty common for being a "secret"... everyone gets at least 1 every hand huh...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 6, 10:53 PM

Jan 2011
What the fuck did I just watch? This was just a damn mess. If this was suppose to be a tribute it's a slap in the fact. They sound a way to make this confusing somehow as it seems everyone was playing cards when they felt like it with a side secret cards everywhere. Also, it was predictable and not that exciting once they focus on that card Pearl had. I swear Fay's party is just the asspull team.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 6, 11:56 PM

Nov 2013
Same Liar Liar, they use deus ex machina in this episode.
Boring and worst episode ever
tqk2811May 7, 5:47 AM
May 7, 3:29 PM
Mar 2010
Reply to KiliianSleipnir
i wanna sue LIDENFILMS and get that 23m and 40s of my lifespan back. this episode was worthless. the poor staff members that made this episode need double pay and extra days off for having to deal with crap like this. this show was OK so far, but this episode? ugh. rancid. :(
@KiliianSleipnir I completely agree, this anime has been ok so far, but this episode was really crap (⋗ཀ ⋖″)
May 8, 6:35 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh my lord this game finished like a heartache. No need you to understand each card effect etc, skippy skip, and voila. Back at those two important card from the beginning as an under the sleeve matter for them to end Dax challenge. Pearl Diamond, or shall i call her Pearl Flame manage to convince she's not a dead weight and can win by herself.

No oped as well, but we getting that one servant girl. Fair trade for our great lord mc Fay, right?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 8, 7:02 PM
Jan 2016
which game do they play where can we buy that game.
May 9, 5:45 PM
Aug 2021
Honestly I’m a bit pleasantly surprised by this episode. More entertaining and well animated than anything so far and it’s not even close
May 9, 9:59 PM
Apr 2023
Made me chuckle when Dax's name is mentioned or when it is attached on a move name.
Hearing the word Dax or Daks is like saying he is stacked or something (i.e. his name makes it sound like he has dig bick)
May 10, 1:16 PM
Mar 2022
what is the unsert sing played during Pearl's turn?
May 10, 5:04 PM

May 2019
Yeah this episode reminded me a lot of Liar Liar especially with the asspull plays but at least Pearl naming her attacks after herself was a little amusing.
May 11, 2:12 AM

Jul 2017
A Card Battle Sugoroku with Fay and Pearl battling Dax and Kelritch Shee, it's an affiliation of Mario Party infused with Yu-Gi-Oh! features. Even at an advantage of speed, Dax uses power to stop them in their tracks from reaching the goal, alongside the need to drain life points as needed.

The various strategies against Fay and Pearl, both Dax and Kel played a rather strong game, forcing them both to think their play and with their cards in the simple objective to win with a mind game, outwitting Dax.

So far, this is by far the best, but not by a stretch.
May 11, 3:12 AM

Feb 2016
YuGiOh fan service, and a lot of tramps and magics... Every episode, I think its the last I'm going to see... but I still see one more...
May 13, 5:03 AM
Oct 2019
I don't understand why people just drop it after a few episodes, at least you should watch entire show to decide the rating. Yeah kids nowaday I guess.
Aug 17, 3:05 AM

Sep 2023
I really enjoyed this episode, I was going to recommend this episode and anime to some others, but seeing the reviews here has made me reconsider!
It used to be WTF is meaning, all I know is loyalty.
Now it's all I know is meaning, and I'm loyal to that.
Aug 26, 12:35 PM
Jul 2015
Reply to Zharux11
I really enjoyed this episode, I was going to recommend this episode and anime to some others, but seeing the reviews here has made me reconsider!
@Zharux11

don't stumble because of other opinions, I found that episode absolute fantastic, had so much fun watching it 10/10 and will for sure recommend it (it's fantastic that it is so standalone that you can just recommend to watch this single one episode alone), I even wished that game would exist, as a fan of card games this was a big surprise, the amount of reaction cards and mechanics were insanely fun to watch, I actually wanted to play that game so badly lol

people nowadays man, I agree, so negative that it hurts, but it's their problem, not mine

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24

35 by dhell26 »»
Aug 17, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17

22 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 12, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3

31 by lasodamos »»
Jul 28, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15

29 by lasodamos »»
Jul 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8

56 by james_lima »»
Jul 20, 10:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.