Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
Ye, this was definitely a challenge to clear the Uroboros game. One of those more tricker games too.

Well played by the main cast to clearing this and they got a piece of Uroboros' eyes. Idk if she's exaggerating but apparently, the next game will be much harder next time. They pretty much made this entire episode as a game which is the core of the show. I'm guessing there won't be much time to develop characters in ths anime.
Apr 22, 6:30 AM

Dec 2021
Let another game commence.

Fey, Leoleshea, and Pearl arrived at their destination, the Infinity God Ouroboros. The Apostles are about to challenge a game called The Forbidden Word, where victory is achieved by uttering a certain word to the god. According to others, that word seems to have already been spoken by the Apostles. Now begins the mental battle with the god, spanning the entire length of ten thousand meters, with zero successful conquests so far.

Volume one completed, thankfully.

Apr 22, 6:55 AM
Sep 2021
That was an interesting good game, Fay won with the help of his friends & companions, especially pearl.
Apr 22, 7:26 AM
Mar 2021
They adapted this game perfectly and with this 1st volume is completed.

This game perfectly conved the necessity of working in team, and implying no ability is useless, if it's used properly. Pearl's confidence is also back now, and will start enjoying the game, along with Fay and Leoleshea.

Also, truly excited to see one of my favourite characters (Dax), who will make his appearance in the next episode.
Apr 22, 7:48 AM

Jan 2023
It’s amazing how utterly incompetent every single player is besides our main leads, it’s like no one has a functioning brain.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Apr 22, 7:53 AM

Oct 2016
there's nothing of interest in the credits/after the credits right?
i normally just skip scrolling credits
Apr 22, 9:36 AM
Nov 2018
BitChilly said:
It’s amazing how utterly incompetent every single player is besides our main leads, it’s like no one has a functioning brain.

That's what makes them the main protagonist. Even if the supporting character figures out the solution. The MC is the one with the power to get everyone through the problem.
Apr 22, 10:03 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to Moppit
BitChilly said:

That's what makes them the main protagonist. Even if the supporting character figures out the solution. The MC is the one with the power to get everyone through the problem.
I know and it isn’t new but this time around it just gets my blood boiling so much considering these are all PLAYERS, people who have played these games for at least a decent amount of time and presumably have gained some knowledge after failed attempts.

I’m probably taking it too seriously and these are characters we’ll probably never see again but I hate this kind of writing to make everyone a complete idiot to have the main leads “shine” and pull everyone through because of course they do.

Apr 22, 11:01 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to BitChilly
I know and it isn’t new but this time around it just gets my blood boiling so much considering these are all PLAYERS, people who have played these games for at least a decent amount of time and presumably have gained some knowledge after failed attempts.

I’m probably taking it too seriously and these are characters we’ll probably never see again but I hate this kind of writing to make everyone a complete idiot to have the main leads “shine” and pull everyone through because of course they do.
@BitChilly I'm guessing they wanna portray the difference in mindset between the everyday "apostles" and the MC...everyone else plays to win while the MC plays to have fun, and in the best case, win.

But regarding this game...if it weren't for Leshea, Ouroboros would still be unbeatable given the requirements* to reach the "endgame" and win
- you need someone with super strength (I'm guessing the duration which you can control the Leviathans depend on how hard you hit the tail)
- you need someone to shield allies from the beam attack
- you need another someone with super strength, to break the eye's shield (I'm assuming the eye beam is not strong enough to pierce straight to the eye)

Without meeting these requirements* during mid-game, you can't really win (my 2cents from watching the EP.)
Apr 22, 11:15 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to CapBuster
@BitChilly I'm guessing they wanna portray the difference in mindset between the everyday "apostles" and the MC...everyone else plays to win while the MC plays to have fun, and in the best case, win.

But regarding this game...if it weren't for Leshea, Ouroboros would still be unbeatable given the requirements* to reach the "endgame" and win
- you need someone with super strength (I'm guessing the duration which you can control the Leviathans depend on how hard you hit the tail)
- you need someone to shield allies from the beam attack
- you need another someone with super strength, to break the eye's shield (I'm assuming the eye beam is not strong enough to pierce straight to the eye)

Without meeting these requirements* during mid-game, you can't really win (my 2cents from watching the EP.)
@CapBuster I guess so and how teamwork plays a critical role in these kind of games, but them lashing out at the blonde haired girl mid-game for causing them to fail before (which is fair, it happens) while they themselves have done nothing leaves such a bad aftertaste.

Apr 22, 12:08 PM
Mar 2024
A funny episode let's see how the story countinues in the next episodes. :)
Apr 22, 12:48 PM

Feb 2019
Surprisingly decent episode. Ouroboros game was actually pretty thought provoking and was a great opportunity for Pearl to shine. I just can’t get over how dumb the other apostles are in this series. It feels like the MC and Leoleshea are the only people with a brain in this one. 🤦🏽‍♂️ I hate when series have to make everyone else look dumb to make the MC smart.

On the bright side, Pearl might be best girl and Ouroboros human form is cute af. I wonder if her eye will ever heal tho
Marinate1016Apr 22, 12:52 PM
Apr 22, 4:46 PM
Jan 2024

good chapter although I hope it continues like this and I think its opening is the best of the season
Apr 22, 5:32 PM

May 2019
While Fay, Leshea, and Pearl working together was great the way they won by having Uroboros shoot itself with its other eye was not convincing. I thought Fay was going to teleport around the laser beam and then attack the eye himself.

Also, Pearl's former teammates were annoying so hopefully she won't have to deal with their negative attitude anymore.
Apr 22, 5:36 PM

Aug 2020
Damnnn the Uroboros was a cute waifu hahaha can't beat that one. The strategy was very effective in the end.

Apr 22, 7:54 PM

Nov 2011
I would be so surprised if people still watch this anime after this episode, I've given it 3 episodes for a grace period and to my expectation this ep4 hit that last line of defense... how can people produce this kind of anime anyway? Characters are all lacking, especially on the art quality side despite the little bit of good fansa, and they make up rules during the games they play. You can't be serious! I am super annoyed that this is the same creator who made KimiSen... This other LN from him that I am reading right now is also pretty good, so that is already 2 good works vs this insanely unbearable... thing. I think I am just going to assume the anime studio isn't doing their best making this creator's LN into anime... such a shame

quick note: I looked up the ratings of the LNs on different JP sites, the ratings for the LN looked rather normally if not pretty high... this is a big enough hint to me saying that just the anime sucks, but the original source the LNs are likely well done >.>
ota92pponApr 22, 8:18 PM
Apr 22, 9:13 PM

Nov 2019
The rule is so random and unclear.
Everyone else except the primary trio is ridiculously worthless and clueless.
Pearl is so annoying that I literally wish she would just gone.
Plan to drop this show soon if the situation does not improve.
NihilnaApr 22, 9:20 PM
Apr 22, 9:47 PM
Apr 2023
Ignoring the impression that that game had a kind of mediocre vibe, I found that romcom-moment when Pearl pressed herself on Fay was kinda cringey; like it was so out of place that I feel it wasn't even in the novels - though I know it was just not adapted properly. I mean I appreciate fanservice but that one feels forced 😆
Apr 22, 10:57 PM
Mar 2021
Alfredo-Sauce said:
While Fay, Leshea, and Pearl working together was great the way they won by having Uroboros shoot itself with its other eye was not convincing. I thought Fay was going to teleport around the laser beam and then attack the eye himself.

Also, Pearl's former teammates were annoying so hopefully she won't have to deal with their negative attitude anymore.

He didn't attack himself because his attack won't harm oroborous. Fay is a normal human, and his only gift is, he can't be killed. so he made a plan where God strikes himself.
Apr 23, 4:41 AM

Jul 2017
The next Gods' game of Uroboros, missing out a critical clue to solving the game by saying The Forbidden Word, that is quite the key with a rather easy answer, but Fay has other ideas of damaging it, though Leshea's power did draw back a few players, other than being jealous of Pearl's breasts on him.

Peal's autopilot assumption has unveiled the god's trap, but Fay thinks that this is rather intentional for it to keep players out, that's why there's the Hidden Rule. But even more than that, Pearl quitting her former Team Inferno, only to the insult of the team members, she may be a punching bag, but at least now she's useful to helping Fay solve the gods' game. By having Leshea attack the same place again, the neutral whale Leviathians are now their ally to figuring out where to really damage Uroboros, at its eyes.

A fair game for Fay and the gang, and they earn a God's Diagem to face Uroboros again in the future. Just once is enough.
Apr 23, 5:04 AM

May 2015
That was a cool game! If this is the first time someone reached the final stage of Ouroboros's game, then I wonder if their meep frequently forgot to explain the hidden rules. Super unlucky!

Pearl also did one of my favorite teleporter uses. Teleporting your enemies attack right back at them!
Apr 23, 11:31 AM

May 2019
Reply to Izayoi-kun123
Alfredo-Sauce said:

He didn't attack himself because his attack won't harm oroborous. Fay is a normal human, and his only gift is, he can't be killed. so he made a plan where God strikes himself.
@Izayoi-kun123
I see, its just that it didn't seem like the eyes should be able to hit each other but it worked out for Fay and his team.
Apr 23, 4:51 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
@Izayoi-kun123
I see, its just that it didn't seem like the eyes should be able to hit each other but it worked out for Fay and his team.
@Alfredo-Sauce
It would look more convincing if they showed that Pearl used wandering to redirect beam on his left eye, but... ofc this won't happen🤷‍♂️. Because why would we need proper explanation, it's a LN adaptation afterall, right?😊😊
I can't even think of a reason why Uroboros would be able to hit himself in the left eye with that face shape.
LessThanAnimeFanApr 23, 5:00 PM
Apr 23, 8:33 PM
Oct 2019
cool, I like how resolutions are not something out of this world to solve, if you think about anything you can understand
Apr 24, 12:40 AM

Feb 2016
I have mixed feelings... I'm interested with all games, but for other side I don't like the animation, and the depth of the characters it's null.
Apr 24, 12:43 PM
May 2021
This episode was really interesting + the game was good. Animation was also kinda better than previous episodes. Let's see if the next games will be better or not
Apr 25, 9:01 PM

Nov 2009
Uroboros looks nice, too bad about her eye tho, LOL

And her eye's a ❤️

BTW, I thought the Gods couldn't actually come down to Earth unless they pull a "Leo"

But I guess they can still materialize a human form anyways to speak to Humans.

(like the Titan from before stayed a Titan and didn't actually talk) (but Uroboros apparently can take a human form like Leo and talk to the Humans instead of staying the rock dragon)

Feel like Leo didn't actually need to "fall"... she could probably have just materialize a human form out of energy from her God Powers (that can create even living animals as we seen multiple times) and just join into Human's God's games like that, LOL.

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 26, 8:12 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So this is the 'guess the word' game with only mc know the exact answer with each of its hints right through the end. Everyone else doesn't matter. Everyone else are just an obvious definition of npc. They said 'let's have fun' with those game. But honestly my brain can't handle this cancerous show and definitely triggerred to be more angry than those npc trying to blame the nonsense xd.

But well let's talk a bit of their effort to speeding up their story progress. At least there's a story progress here eventhough i am still worry of how they handle the rest. Like, shall they break again from the game and let the mc gather more girls and talk more shit? Then they do more game again in the next?

If the cycle goes lamely, idk what else to write of this show....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 27, 3:55 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to BitChilly
@BitChilly I don't even get the logic of this series. It's so dumb. These games don't look fun and are made by someone who would be the worst at game night.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 27, 6:13 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to MasterHavik
@BitChilly I don't even get the logic of this series. It's so dumb. These games don't look fun and are made by someone who would be the worst at game night.
@MasterHavik This is like an Elden Ring boss fight with five banjos and a dream, the only way these could be fun are if they were escape rooms or some kind of intense puzzle.

Apr 27, 10:45 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to BitChilly
@MasterHavik This is like an Elden Ring boss fight with five banjos and a dream, the only way these could be fun are if they were escape rooms or some kind of intense puzzle.
@BitChilly Yeah, but no, they are an overly complex mess of nonsense just made to create stupid drama.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8

55 by NiGhTmArE_Spirit »»
Yesterday, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 29

15 by MasterHavik »»
May 1, 8:46 PM

» The episode 5 TV scene

CorLeonis-_- - Apr 29

5 by Pendragon572 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

merukomu11 - Mar 28

86 by Sora76 »»
Apr 30, 2:30 AM

» Ecchi

iiDavion - Mar 28

25 by Alpha-Nine »»
Apr 25, 4:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.