Forum Settings
Forums

Are you in financial debt? Nothing wrong with admitting that you are.

New
Apr 11, 6:48 AM

Jul 2013
I am not in financial debt. I went to university. I have a university degree. I got zero student loan debt. Because my dad is relatively wealthy. I can afford everything that I desire. Like anime, computers, video games, anime figurines, manga, etc. Yet I have zero debt. I don't want to brag, but that is because my dad is wealthy.

I am not lazy. I work hard. I just happen to be fortunate enough to be born in a relatively wealthy family. If you have debt, I hope that the debt does not become too overwhelming. Wish everyone the best of luck (whether or not they are in debt).
Apr 11, 7:07 AM

Feb 2020
"Are you in financial debt?"

Fortunately, I'm not.

Apr 11, 7:17 AM

Jul 2023
No, while my circumstances were not so auspicious as to be born into money I had still achieved wealth through some measure of tact and maneuvering and have thus evaded debt. One of the early life lessons I was taught is that freedom in the modern world is a lack of stress related to finance. All luxuriant expenses are just cherries on top.
Apr 11, 7:26 AM

Jun 2023
Yeah, man. Just paid off some this year, but I've got student loan debt, still. A couple years on one of them, and a decade on the other. Didn't even graduate, lol. Debt fucking blows.
Apr 11, 7:27 AM

Sep 2016
No, because I'm a minimalist who doesn't waste money on some nonsense.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 11, 7:30 AM

Feb 2022
You're collecting information, aren't you?
Apr 11, 7:52 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Kamikaze_404
You're collecting information, aren't you?
@Kamikaze_404 and who isn't doing that on this forum? Just be smart. And don't post anything overly private;)
Apr 11, 8:20 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Kamikaze_404 and who isn't doing that on this forum? Just be smart. And don't post anything overly private;)
@DesuMaiden So you ARE a glowie... Thanks for the confirmation lulz
Apr 11, 8:25 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Kamikaze_404
@DesuMaiden So you ARE a glowie... Thanks for the confirmation lulz
@Kamikaze_404 what makes you say that? I have seen many other users on this site that are MUCH more likely to be glowies than me.
Apr 11, 8:25 AM

Mar 2013
I am too poor to go into debt, so I worked at UPS while going to school full-time for my bachelor of science. I am going strictly to schools offering me a PhD, since I find paying for a masters degree to be more or less humiliating versus being paid a low stipend to research.

Like fuck you man, I ain’t going into debt now.
PeripheralVisionApr 11, 8:29 AM
Apr 11, 8:27 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Kamikaze_404 what makes you say that? I have seen many other users on this site that are MUCH more likely to be glowies than me.
@DesuMaiden Seeing other suspects does not remove suspicion from you, maiden...
Apr 11, 8:29 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Kamikaze_404
@DesuMaiden Seeing other suspects does not remove suspicion from you, maiden...
@Kamikaze_404 what if I am a glowie? So what? You got to remember that law enforcement agencies are prowling on all Internet forums to catch suspects.
Apr 11, 8:36 AM

May 2022
Nope, and I hope I'm not in the future. As of now people are currently in debt to me.
Apr 11, 11:45 AM

Feb 2020
Nah am good, you can thank reasonably well-off family, and a decent inheritance for that😢
Apr 11, 11:57 AM

Aug 2022
Reply to pludel2
Yeah, man. Just paid off some this year, but I've got student loan debt, still. A couple years on one of them, and a decade on the other. Didn't even graduate, lol. Debt fucking blows.
@pludel2 What were you studying if I may ask?
Soldier F is Lance Corporal David James Cleary
Apr 11, 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
No, and I actively try to avoid it. I feel like it's something I'll inevitably have to contend with at some point though.
Take care of yourself

Apr 11, 12:32 PM

Aug 2012
Nope, went to college, got a good job and partner who has one as well and we're financially stable.
Unless you count mortgage as debt, but mine's pretty reasonable
Apr 11, 1:16 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to vasipi4946
@pludel2 What were you studying if I may ask?
@vasipi4946 East Asian Studies, lol. Wanted to eventually become a Prof, but obviously that didn't happen.
Apr 11, 1:39 PM

Jan 2009
I'm not in debts and studying isn't as costly by far over here compared to doing so at the prestige universities in Anglo-Saxon countries. I would be if I were to buy my own apartment, but currently don't have any plans nor any motivation for it. Don't really like the idea of having to become indebted first in order to own something and as of now, there's no one in my life that would make me want to move in together with just the two of us and where I would settle on a specific place for a longer period of time so I would feel the need to buy as opposed to rent something
Apr 11, 3:21 PM

Dec 2021
I got an ugly, fat mortgage trying to hold me down. If I'm lucky, we'll get some tig ol bitties hyperflation to wipe it all away. Keep your fingers crossed for me🤞!!!!!!!!
Apr 11, 6:11 PM

Jun 2015
medical debt is a real pain so unfortunately yes

Apr 11, 6:25 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I have a mortgage on a rental property, but the mortgage is worth noticeably less than the house.
Apr 12, 5:57 AM

May 2021
Reply to Longnines
No, while my circumstances were not so auspicious as to be born into money I had still achieved wealth through some measure of tact and maneuvering and have thus evaded debt. One of the early life lessons I was taught is that freedom in the modern world is a lack of stress related to finance. All luxuriant expenses are just cherries on top.
@Longnines Your circumstances are still not so auspicious, your money is worthless. Freedom in the modern world is casting aside your quotation marks; is manufacturing your personal philosophy, what have YOU thought? You are satisfied with a freedom that is more a formality than something substantial. You have withered away in your acceptance of these circumstances. You are so afraid of imprisonment from the mere idea of debt that you have become enslaved by something much more nefarious. I am wealthy beyond measure for I have seen myself, at last, amidst the anonymous matter.
Apr 12, 8:11 AM

Jul 2023
If you are soliciting for a cult, I'm not joining.
Apr 12, 8:24 AM

Jan 2009
nah debt free but also no money as im a neet
Apr 12, 5:13 PM

Feb 2017
I have zero debt but not a whole lot of money lol. I got lucky with a good scholarship in college which covered everything. My family isn't too bad off either, not broke at least.
Apr 12, 5:14 PM

Sep 2018
I still am paying off my student loan debt. Life moves on regardless. My parents are broke.
Apr 12, 5:30 PM

Sep 2014
I'm certainly broke, but lucky enough to be debt-free. Had a small student loan once and paid that back as soon as I could upon exiting the university (went to uni for 3 years but ultimately didn't finish the degree program), debt's stressful and would definitely be weighing on me so I'm happy I don't have any present debts.
Apr 12, 7:53 PM

Jul 2022
I just watch anime to pay off my debts 🥸

Apr 12, 8:16 PM

Jan 2017
Nope, I have a decent savings. Not a big amount but definitely more than a few months wages.
Apr 12, 8:27 PM
Jan 2023
Nope, and I plan to keep it that way. I live in the UK (so free health care), don't and will not go to university. The only time I will ever take out debt is for a mortgage, owning a house some day would be nice.

I don't exactly come from a well off family, I just learnt to manage money earlier than most.
Apr 12, 8:29 PM
Jan 2020
What do your parents do? How are they so wealthy?
Apr 13, 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
>Are you in financial debt?
Not now, Don't think I will be too
Apr 13, 9:28 AM

Mar 2008
No, I don't plan on ever being in debt. I refuse to give money to corrupt predatory credit card companies.
Apr 13, 12:15 PM

Mar 2018
op is defs pulling off "trying not to brag" very well here.

anyway, no i have no financial debt. i've been lucky that's about it,
nothing special about it. actually i am a bit surprised considering how
terrible i am with money management but here we are.

Apr 13, 12:34 PM

Aug 2012
Student loan from the medical field. It sucks and its there; I get a reminder every month.

Apr 29, 9:53 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Absolutely not, thank you, good sir.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you guys actually read the comments on the threads here

tsukareru - May 11

26 by AdamBirch »»
6 minutes ago

» How much soda do you drink in a week?

HunteerX - Yesterday

38 by zsxa »»
12 minutes ago

» Twitter is officially X.com now

deg - 8 hours ago

19 by notPara »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » do godzilla or any other kaiju actually exist irl?

FruitPunchBaka - May 12

38 by Dawizz »»
1 hour ago

» Women live longer than men

MUFFlN - May 12

29 by Dawizz »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.