Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 7, 7:39 AM

Aug 2021
Will we finally meet aliens? After all, we are probably not alone in the universe.
Will they come as friends or enemies?

Absurdo_NApr 7, 8:26 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 7, 7:43 AM

Sep 2016
Undead Unluck episode 10 gives the answer and the solution.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 7, 7:45 AM

Jan 2009
the usa government investigated the ufo secret documents and no evidence of them existing here on earth so sad they do not care about us
Apr 7, 7:46 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Yes. I've already taken the grey pill, so I'm ready!

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Apr 7, 7:49 AM

Jan 2009
higher chance we might see strong AI or even seed AI this century than seeing aliens in space

but maybe microbe aliens aka tiny aliens is a possibility since they gonna send a space probe in one of saturns moon that is habitable they say
Apr 7, 7:52 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to DreamWindow
Yes. I've already taken the grey pill, so I'm ready!

@DreamWindow

Grey pill? What is grey pill?

Apr 7, 7:53 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to deg
higher chance we might see strong AI or even seed AI this century than seeing aliens in space

but maybe microbe aliens aka tiny aliens is a possibility since they gonna send a space probe in one of saturns moon that is habitable they say
@deg

Well, it's plausible that we'll see that first.

Apr 7, 7:59 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to Absurdo_N
@DreamWindow

Grey pill? What is grey pill?
@Absurdo_N

It's like the red pill, but for aliens.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Apr 7, 8:02 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to DreamWindow
@Absurdo_N

It's like the red pill, but for aliens.
@DreamWindow

Does this mean you hate aliens?(I still don't understand, sorry)

Apr 7, 8:02 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
Undead Unluck episode 10 gives the answer and the solution.
@Zarutaku

Solution? Can you explain?

Apr 7, 8:03 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to Absurdo_N
@DreamWindow

Does this mean you hate aliens?(I still don't understand, sorry)
@Absurdo_N

You know how the red pill lets you see through the matrix? The grey pill lets you know the truth about aliens! The truth is that aliens are real and cool and just want to hang out with us.

Apr 7, 8:05 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to DreamWindow
@Absurdo_N

You know how the red pill lets you see through the matrix? The grey pill lets you know the truth about aliens! The truth is that aliens are real and cool and just want to hang out with us.

@DreamWindow

Thank you very much for the explanation.

Ok.

Apr 7, 8:07 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Absurdo_N
@Zarutaku

Solution? Can you explain?
@Absurdo_N How to scare them away forever.
Apr 7, 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
Of course we are not alone in the universe, but if I were an alien observing humanity, I wouldn't contact them.
Apr 7, 8:09 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
@Absurdo_N How to scare them away forever.
@Zarutaku

Scare? What would scare them?

Apr 7, 8:12 AM

Aug 2014
"Did aliens finally will appear this century?" The grammar in the thread title is atrocious. The ironic thing is that when I looked for a meme to share as a reaction, it also contained poor grammar. XD

Apr 7, 8:14 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Absurdo_N
@Zarutaku

Scare? What would scare them?
@Absurdo_N Juiz' negator ability.
Apr 7, 8:16 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to SmugSatoko
"Did aliens finally will appear this century?" The grammar in the thread title is atrocious. The ironic thing is that when I looked for a meme to share as a reaction, it also contained poor grammar. XD

@SmugSatoko

Sorry, English is not my first language. What is the right way to write this sentence?

Apr 7, 8:20 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
@Absurdo_N Juiz' negator ability.
@Zarutaku

I haven't watched the anime, how can this character's powers scare aliens?

Apr 7, 8:23 AM

Aug 2014
Absurdo_N said:
What is the right way to write this sentence?

If you are asking whether aliens will appear in the future, it would be something like, "Will aliens finally appear this century?" (Given what you said in the first post, this is the best option.)

If you are asking whether they already did appear (as many have claimed), it would be more like, "Did aliens finally appear this century?"

(The thread title combined the two in a nonsensical way.)
Apr 7, 8:24 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Absurdo_N
@Zarutaku

I haven't watched the anime, how can this character's powers scare aliens?
Apr 7, 8:25 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to SmugSatoko
Absurdo_N said:
What is the right way to write this sentence?

If you are asking whether aliens will appear in the future, it would be something like, "Will aliens finally appear this century?" (Given what you said in the first post, this is the best option.)

If you are asking whether they already did appear (as many have claimed), it would be more like, "Did aliens finally appear this century?"

(The thread title combined the two in a nonsensical way.)
@SmugSatoko

Thank you very much for helping me, I will correct my mistake now.

Apr 7, 8:28 AM

Aug 2021
@Zarutaku

So she has the power to control actions? It looks like something hentai, but it can be used on aliens too... I think.

Apr 7, 8:40 AM

Feb 2020
If they did, would we the general public be notified?
Anyway, personally I think that they have already since the 1940s
Apr 7, 8:48 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to LightWorker
@LightWorker

It's true... What if they are already among us and the government is hiding this from us? You're right, they could be here and we just don't know it yet.

Apr 7, 9:22 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to LightWorker
@LightWorker
Just 1940? There has been reports of flying metallic objects before planes were being used
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reported_UFO_sightings
Apr 7, 9:28 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to traed
@LightWorker
Just 1940? There has been reports of flying metallic objects before planes were being used
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reported_UFO_sightings
@traed I know, mainly picked the 40s for the amount of sightings that seemed to have been triggered after Kenneth Arnold's sighting, and Roswell also.
Apr 7, 9:40 AM

Jul 2013
What if they already did appear? You ever considered that?
Apr 7, 9:59 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to DesuMaiden
What if they already did appear? You ever considered that?
@DesuMaiden

I forgot to consider this, but I'll start considering it now.

Apr 7, 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Absurdo_N
@DesuMaiden

I forgot to consider this, but I'll start considering it now.
@Absurdo_N OP is totally an alien from another planet.
Apr 7, 10:46 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
What if the alien was there already...
Apr 7, 10:50 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Kwanthemaster
What if the alien was there already...
@Kwanthemaster they are. OP is proof of that.
Apr 7, 12:49 PM

Jan 2022
Nope. Ayys aren't gonna throw away millions of years of planning just because Gen Alpha kids want to see them.
Apr 7, 1:01 PM

Jun 2019
Will these aliens force me to rank anime?
Apr 7, 1:18 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to Soap
Will these aliens force me to rank anime?
@Soap

I believe some do, but we will find a way to stop this.

Apr 7, 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
What...? Aren't they already here? If you say "no", then how can you explain this:
Apr 7, 3:03 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to Adnash
What...? Aren't they already here? If you say "no", then how can you explain this:
@Adnash

I don't know if there are explanations for this.

Apr 7, 3:11 PM

Jun 2020
They are already here though. Dunno if they're friendly
Apr 15, 10:54 AM

Jul 2013
No because near term human extinction will arrive before this century is over.
Apr 15, 5:18 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to Nyarly-Kanamin
They are already here though. Dunno if they're friendly
@Nyarly-Kanamin According to William Bramley's book "The Gods of Eden", they are not only here but have been for quite some time...they ( according to the author ) also seem to love making people miserable through their many front groups acting on "the world stage" ( to word it in Globalist Speak ).
SciadopitysApr 15, 8:10 PM
Apr 15, 8:31 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to LightWorker
@LightWorker I think it was much earlier than that. As much as a meme as "ancient aliens" are I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least some truth to it.
Apr 15, 8:34 PM

Aug 2022
Plot-twist: Humans are the actual aliens.
Apr 15, 8:44 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Lost_Viking
@LightWorker I think it was much earlier than that. As much as a meme as "ancient aliens" are I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least some truth to it.
@Lost_Viking
What bugs me about that is how full of shit the theorists behind it are. They intentionally use misinformation to support claims made. Though I dont think the concept is wrong just the weird idea that humans cant do anything on their own.
Apr 16, 12:18 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to Lost_Viking
@Lost_Viking What I meant was that's when they got popularized in a way, (more people actively observing etc) especially since the term flying saucer was coined that decade also, so those things had a name and more-or-less a general description to go along with them, but yeah I agree.
Apr 17, 2:08 PM

Apr 2014
The more I study the universe and the elements that make life possible, the more skeptical I am about the existence of extraterrestrial life.

Extraterrestrial life is certainly possible since the matter is the same throughout the Universe and acts according to the same laws, but when we talk about probabilities, its calculation is extremely pessimistic.

According to the Chilean astronomer Patricio Díaz Pazos, the probability of extraterrestrial life is: 0, 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 1 “ as a requirement for the existence of some type of living being, in the circumstances we know.

We are the result of a huge set of small "coincidences" without which intelligent life could not occur.

Life is possible thanks to very precise physical magnitudes.

The mass of the universe in physical terms is approximately 1056 grams. What would happen if they were 1057 or 1055 instead? Except for mathematicians, almost no one cares about the answer. But when the consequences of that change are calculated, a surprising conclusion is reached: we could not exist.

When we study elementary particles we see that a proton has the same charge as the electron, but the proton is 1836 times heavier than the electron. Why? What would happen if instead of 1836 it was 1900 or 1580? We wouldn't be here.

In physics we talk about four forces, and only four: electromagnetic, gravitational, strong nuclear and weak nuclear. If I compare the gravitational force with the electromagnetic force, I find that the interaction between two electrons - which repel each other, but are attracted by gravitational force - is approximately 1040 times more intense in its repulsion effect than in the attraction. The electromagnetic force is incredibly more powerful than the gravitational force. What would happen if the electromagnetic force was 1041 or 1039 stronger than the gravitational force? We wouldn't be here.

The strong nuclear force compared to the electromagnetic force is 137 times stronger. What would happen if we changed that number to 150? We wouldn't be here.

In the observable universe there are approximately 10 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 stars. Thanks to this, nuclear fusion is efficient enough to produce elements such as hydrogen, helium, nitrogen, carbon and oxygen. So what would happen if there were significantly more or fewer stars in the universe? We would not be here.

Up to this point it does not seem that the existence of extraterrestrial life is very improbable, in the end the "coincidences" mentioned above are not only applicable to make life possible on a planet like Earth, but also to make it possible on other planets that have all other conditions necessary to house it; However, as we look at those more "exclusive" causes that are necessary for life, the reasons to believe that we are alone in the universe increase drastically.

Let see:

It is known that only spiral galaxies can contain planets in stable orbits around their stars. And only 6% of known galaxies are spirals like our Milky Way. Only here is the posibility of life in 94% of galaxies in the observable universe ruled out.

Life is not possible in the part close to the center of the Milky Way because there is an enormous amount of energy - and harmful radiation - produced by an active nucleus where there is probably a black hole with a mass equivalent to three million times that of the Sun. Nor is life possible in the farthest periphery of the Milky Way because heavy elements such as calcium, carbon, iron, phosphorus, oxygen, etc... are needed. The part of ​​our galaxy where the Earth resides is the only one where it is possible to harbor life if the other -many- conditions that make it possible are met.

The Sun is a star a little larger than most stars. Life on Earth would not be possible if the sun were much younger or much older. Life would also not be possible if the mass of the sun was 10% larger or 10% smaller. Life would not be possible if the earth were 10% closer to the sun or 10% further away.

The reality is that the Earth is such a strange planet that it is unlike any other space body. Conditions for life to become more complex: adequate distance from the Sun so that water remains liquid; adequate mass of the planet to retain the atmosphere and oceans, just the right amount of carbon to allow the development of life, a neighbor like the planet Jupiter that saves us from the most dangerous asteroids, etc. Too many coincidences to be optimistic about the existence of extraterrestrial life.

The current optimism regarding the existence of extraterrestrial life is not something that currently comes from true science (who got off that ship decades ago), but rather from a science converted into a catwalk where fashions such as time travel and parallel universes also parade.

It is very curious that until the middle of the 20th century, no events or testimonies were recorded that spoke of beings from other worlds or extraterrestrial ships. It was only when the scientific community began to speculate about the possibility of life on other planets (which serious scientists no longer do) and the media began to enthusiastically spread it, that the UFO "sightings" began. It is also curious how later many of these UFOs have been verified as being of human origin (balloon probes, fragments of artificial satellites, spy planes, etc.)

Apr 17, 3:58 PM

Aug 2021
Reply to _Nemrod_
The more I study the universe and the elements that make life possible, the more skeptical I am about the existence of extraterrestrial life.

Extraterrestrial life is certainly possible since the matter is the same throughout the Universe and acts according to the same laws, but when we talk about probabilities, its calculation is extremely pessimistic.

According to the Chilean astronomer Patricio Díaz Pazos, the probability of extraterrestrial life is: 0, 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 1 “ as a requirement for the existence of some type of living being, in the circumstances we know.

We are the result of a huge set of small "coincidences" without which intelligent life could not occur.

Life is possible thanks to very precise physical magnitudes.

The mass of the universe in physical terms is approximately 1056 grams. What would happen if they were 1057 or 1055 instead? Except for mathematicians, almost no one cares about the answer. But when the consequences of that change are calculated, a surprising conclusion is reached: we could not exist.

When we study elementary particles we see that a proton has the same charge as the electron, but the proton is 1836 times heavier than the electron. Why? What would happen if instead of 1836 it was 1900 or 1580? We wouldn't be here.

In physics we talk about four forces, and only four: electromagnetic, gravitational, strong nuclear and weak nuclear. If I compare the gravitational force with the electromagnetic force, I find that the interaction between two electrons - which repel each other, but are attracted by gravitational force - is approximately 1040 times more intense in its repulsion effect than in the attraction. The electromagnetic force is incredibly more powerful than the gravitational force. What would happen if the electromagnetic force was 1041 or 1039 stronger than the gravitational force? We wouldn't be here.

The strong nuclear force compared to the electromagnetic force is 137 times stronger. What would happen if we changed that number to 150? We wouldn't be here.

In the observable universe there are approximately 10 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 stars. Thanks to this, nuclear fusion is efficient enough to produce elements such as hydrogen, helium, nitrogen, carbon and oxygen. So what would happen if there were significantly more or fewer stars in the universe? We would not be here.

Up to this point it does not seem that the existence of extraterrestrial life is very improbable, in the end the "coincidences" mentioned above are not only applicable to make life possible on a planet like Earth, but also to make it possible on other planets that have all other conditions necessary to house it; However, as we look at those more "exclusive" causes that are necessary for life, the reasons to believe that we are alone in the universe increase drastically.

Let see:

It is known that only spiral galaxies can contain planets in stable orbits around their stars. And only 6% of known galaxies are spirals like our Milky Way. Only here is the posibility of life in 94% of galaxies in the observable universe ruled out.

Life is not possible in the part close to the center of the Milky Way because there is an enormous amount of energy - and harmful radiation - produced by an active nucleus where there is probably a black hole with a mass equivalent to three million times that of the Sun. Nor is life possible in the farthest periphery of the Milky Way because heavy elements such as calcium, carbon, iron, phosphorus, oxygen, etc... are needed. The part of ​​our galaxy where the Earth resides is the only one where it is possible to harbor life if the other -many- conditions that make it possible are met.

The Sun is a star a little larger than most stars. Life on Earth would not be possible if the sun were much younger or much older. Life would also not be possible if the mass of the sun was 10% larger or 10% smaller. Life would not be possible if the earth were 10% closer to the sun or 10% further away.

The reality is that the Earth is such a strange planet that it is unlike any other space body. Conditions for life to become more complex: adequate distance from the Sun so that water remains liquid; adequate mass of the planet to retain the atmosphere and oceans, just the right amount of carbon to allow the development of life, a neighbor like the planet Jupiter that saves us from the most dangerous asteroids, etc. Too many coincidences to be optimistic about the existence of extraterrestrial life.

The current optimism regarding the existence of extraterrestrial life is not something that currently comes from true science (who got off that ship decades ago), but rather from a science converted into a catwalk where fashions such as time travel and parallel universes also parade.

It is very curious that until the middle of the 20th century, no events or testimonies were recorded that spoke of beings from other worlds or extraterrestrial ships. It was only when the scientific community began to speculate about the possibility of life on other planets (which serious scientists no longer do) and the media began to enthusiastically spread it, that the UFO "sightings" began. It is also curious how later many of these UFOs have been verified as being of human origin (balloon probes, fragments of artificial satellites, spy planes, etc.)
@_Nemrod_

You saying that Earth is a strange place reminds me of what my sister once told me "Did you know that the rarest material in the universe is wood? Only Earth has wood as far as we know".

Apr 17, 8:14 PM
May 2012
The conditions for carbon-based life forms to be born are extremely rare but the universe is extremely large, there is certainly other life in the universe and certainly other non-carbon-based life forms. Such life forms at some point will evolve to become advanced enough to space travels. Consciousness is not only possible in life forms, being "not alive" offers a lot of advantages for space travels and space travelers are probably consciences and not life forms.
Precisely because the universe is very large it is also impossible to encounter other forms of life if it is not possible to exceed the speed of light and if it is not probably possible to create a wormhole with a known start and known destination passing through it unscathed.
So there is life in the universe? Yes, indeed and a lot more than that. Did aliens ever visit earth? at this point probably not the distances are too big, the technology or even the possibility to cover such distances is not yet know it has somehow to happen to be a younger universe or colliding galaxies to help that out.
Apr 18, 11:46 AM

Jul 2013
No, they will not. Because of the impossibility of interplantery travel. All "intelligent", tool-wielding species eventually become extinct. And that includes mankind. It is called the Fermi Paradox.
Apr 18, 2:18 PM

Feb 2020
Doubtful. If there were aliens within close enough proximity to us to arrive within the century, then we likely would've already detected them.

the End of the dragon sphere
Speak not the Watchers‚ Draw not the Watchers‚ Speak of me. Paint my likeness.
Write not the Watchers‚ Sculpt not the Watchers‚ Write about me. Carve me into stone.
Sing not the Watchers‚ Call not the Watchers' name. Sing of me. Call for me.
Please. Please realize...that I am here.
Hello, friend.
Apr 30, 9:52 AM

Nov 2019
hm if they did appear, we wouldn't know. At least not right away, they could be lurking among us until it's too late to respond they'd be in control of society.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Question about how demonic some colours are

LenRea - 4 hours ago

9 by YungStairwell »»
16 minutes ago

» Have you ever touched and/or kept any foreign currency(ies)?

Kiryotsu - Apr 29

40 by DesuMaiden »»
41 minutes ago

» people of mal, do you judge people by their looks, height, and other physical traits? ( 1 2 )

real-truck-Kun - Nov 4, 2023

53 by DesuMaiden »»
43 minutes ago

» How long have you been using your accounts on your favorite sites?

RobertBobert - 5 hours ago

5 by DesuMaiden »»
48 minutes ago

» Do you record your thoughts down in a journal?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

27 by DesuMaiden »»
50 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.