Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 3:16 PM
May 2022
don't get how this anime is rated in the high 8s. it's good but the hype and pacing has been disappointing. understand opinions. but so many must of given this 9 or 10. First anime I have seen rated like this. hope season 2 is better
Mar 30, 3:16 PM
Oct 2022
just breath-taking!!!
Mar 30, 3:23 PM

Aug 2014
Avamarie316 said:
don't get how this anime is rated in the high 8s. it's good but the hype and pacing has been disappointing. understand opinions. but so many must of given this 9 or 10. First anime I have seen rated like this. hope season 2 is better

Idk as well why is it so damn overhyped. Tried it out just to see if it lives up to the hype like CSM but it didn't at all for me. All it has is cool fights with badass mc who always overpowers the bosses out of nowhere and all the fights have the exact same pattern.
Mar 30, 3:29 PM

Jan 2011
This was a fun trip but it really took him nearly dying he should go after what was summoning the Knights? That's pretty dumb. I couldn't get enough of this show though.

I wonder how many people like Jinwoo have been popping up.

9/10
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 30, 3:31 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Not a bad little twist there with the penalty pulling him out of the dungeon. And it looks like he's around the same level as the centipedes. He destroyed them, so maybe he'll start utilizing the penalty zone more in the future?

I was a little hesitant about him getting the Necromancer class, because I love seeing Jin dual wield. But after seeing him resurrect Ignis, I'm all for it. Especially since he pointed out he'll still be on the front lines. I wonder if he'll start collecting powerful enemies to resurrect and add to his collection? That would be sweet.

Overall, I really enjoyed this show. Jin is a protagonist that seems calm and intelligent without being pretentious, his goal about saving his mother and giving a better life to his sister is admirable, and his consistent pushing past his limits doesn't feel cheap. While the writing isn't anything special, I love the system that he works within, but I do wish it were better explained. Sometimes text boxes went by too quickly or weren't even readable making me somewhat confused on how it all works.

The real meat and potatoes were the fight scenes. Excellently animated and accompanied by awesome choreography. When the director got a chance to get more creative, that's where the fights really shined.

The show did drag in a few parts, along with predictable plot developments, but all in all I had a blast. And season 2 is on the way, so I'm really excited to see where this goes. 8/10
Mar 30, 3:34 PM

Jun 2016
Can't wait for S2!
Mar 30, 3:43 PM
May 2022
Reply to GTRaijin
Avamarie316 said:

Idk as well why is it so damn overhyped. Tried it out just to see if it lives up to the hype like CSM but it didn't at all for me. All it has is cool fights with badass mc who always overpowers the bosses out of nowhere and all the fights have the exact same pattern.
@GTRaijin OK so it's not only me. Don't get the love and dismissal of disappointing things in solo. But pure judgement for other animes. This must be a manga favourite for sure for this loyalty. Ended was basic too. This has to be amazing next season
Mar 30, 3:53 PM
May 2019
THAT WAS SUCH A PERFECT END FOR THE FIRST SEASON! I'M IN LOVE WITH JINWOO AND IGRIS. WAITING FOR THE NEXT SEASON ANXIOUSLY
Mar 30, 3:53 PM
Jul 2015
Hell yeah! These last two episodes were amazing. Having read the novels and manhwa several times, I am satisfied with the adaptation. Can't wait for the second season!
Mar 30, 3:57 PM

Feb 2019
he's got a kickass army now. can't wait for a second season to find out how he utlitizes his shadow army, as well we find out what those hunters found on that island.
Mar 30, 4:06 PM
Apr 2023
I'm a big fan of power fantasy but ima be real this isn't nearly worth as much hype as its gotten. Doesn't really do much to break the mold and there have definitely been better power fantasies. I will say tho it's hands down definitely one of the better manhwa adaptations I've seen. This episode felt more like an "ep12 of 13" vibe as opposed to a solid end to a season, hopefully the wait for s2 isn't a long one.
Mar 30, 4:09 PM

Apr 2015
Hmm the "arise" line didn't hit as hard as I thought it was going to, but maybe it'll be more epic when he summons the servants in a dire situation.

Honestly pretty salty that this show has received the best manhwa-to-anime adaptation by far, but it is what it is. 6.5/10 overall - still a somewhat enjoyable watch despite the mediocre storyline, although I'm not particularly looking forward to the sequels since imo it only goes downhill from here.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Mar 30, 4:10 PM
Feb 2022
its a Masterpiece but every episode is short HAHAHA and you will wait again nex week for the nex episode. But now its done ,We will wait for season 2 , let's support animator's so that the season 2 will be early 🔥🔥
Mar 30, 4:17 PM
Aug 2019
ARISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Masterpiece.
Mar 30, 4:22 PM
Apr 2019
If you haven't watched this anime yet, you're missing out
Mar 30, 4:36 PM
Nov 2018
Amazing animation.
Mar 30, 4:38 PM
Downhill Ace

Oct 2020
This is peak. A1 cooking and we got S2 incoming. Arise!

But Igris the homie fr fr
Mar 30, 4:43 PM

Sep 2023
Another fantastic episode, and the animation was incredible once again. I definitely wasn't expecting Jin-Woo's new class to be Necromancer. I can't help but feel that the "system" is evil in some way and is tapping into Jin-Woo's darker side and encouraging it. I'm excited to see what Season 2 brings, and how the monsters evolving impacts the story. I was pleasantly surprised by this anime and I can't wait to see what comes next.
Mar 30, 4:53 PM
Feb 2020
Igris: *dead*
Sung Jin-Woo: You have been Promoted!😆 You are now one of my Elite employees!!!
Mar 30, 4:54 PM
Oct 2019
MY FRIEND, what they did with this arise was incredible, I got goosebumps all over, holy shit, how good it was
Mar 30, 5:17 PM
Jul 2015
I'm not gonna lie, this one was mediocre. I don't even have any particular complaints, it just wasn't all that enjoyable to watch; I stuck around because 1) there was a lot of hype around the series and I figured I might as well and then 2) because everything that was better ended before this did so it's not like there was anything else to watch. Overall a fairly uninteresting and bland take on a loser-to-god power fantasy with a pretty nonsensical setting that seems contrived to cater specifically to the main character rather than the main character existing within it.
Apr 2019
It is de best manhwa and the anime Solo Leveling, hoping for season two. Solem
Dec 2019
I never read the manga, so the Necromancer class was surprising. Loved the surprise.
Mar 30, 5:18 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Feel weird to hear Sung God say ArIsE in a japanese language but still definitely worth the praise by how the visual served a good justice toward the manhwa.

Something changed obviously but for this kind of final, its unexpectedly suited well. The whole scene just giving a hype nuance and ofc the announcement of continuation giving such a glimmer hope.

Will looking forward when its comes...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 30, 5:21 PM
Jun 2015
Solo Leveling had been hyped for a long time, and it’s safe to say it lived up to this Winter season.

Our MC Jinwoo has taken us on a rollercoaster journey from the underdog to becoming the Commander of the Shadow Army! What a ride it’s been.

The finale ending on a good point with our MC being pushed to the limit and showing the penalty of the game. Of course, Jinwoo overcomes all challenges and comes out on top, but it’s safe to say there’s a show of doubt (pun intended) haunting him. Anyone feel like sooner or later he might take a turn for the worse? I hope not.

Jeju Island has been clouded in mystery, and can’t wait for S2 to reveal more!

They didn’t waste no time announcing the next season. See ya’ll there
Mar 30, 5:24 PM
May 2019
The writing in this anime is so forced, he just trips over and gets every power up and the plot just seamlessly bends around whatever needs to happen to help get the MC to the next stage. There is no point in being invested into the plot if it'll just bend to the MC's will every time he's in a pinch.
Mar 30, 5:38 PM
Nov 2022
I had almost no expectations when I watched the first episode of Soul Leveling.
I'd only heard that the manhwa was very good. And I also found the concept of Soul Leveling very interesting. I actually like fighting anime and Soul Leveling can keep up very well with all other anime that focus on fighting. Most of the time I was very entertained
But sometimes there were also episodes that dragged on for me and weren't very enjoyable. But the last two episodes were really well animated and also very exciting. I'm looking forward to the second season/ second core of Solo Leveling and I'm excited to see what else the story has in store. Overall, I would give the first season an 8/10 as it entertained me very well, but unfortunately not for the whole 12 episodes.

Mar 30, 5:39 PM

Aug 2019
This adaptation was so AMAZING! 10/10
The same guy(Vercreek) worked on this episode who did Frieren ep 26 fight scene. So it was bound to be good. Also, the shadow soldiers were not CGI like many feared they'd be.
We finally met Ashborn, and he was creepy. The recon team was a better idea than using satellites and a body washing up shore conveniently.
They changed a lot of small stuff but it was worth it for the adaptation to flow better.
Based on the leaks from two trust worthy sources, they plan on doing 6 cours total. Solo leveling fans eating good!!!
Mar 30, 5:51 PM
Oct 2022
Fucking Masterpeice
Mar 30, 5:51 PM

Nov 2018
A1 certainly did a great job adapting the webtoon, I couldn't be happier having binged the webtoon early on in the season. Thankfully S2 was announced straight away, so hopefully we can see the animation continue to level up as well as seasons continue to bring justice to the webtoon.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Mar 30, 6:04 PM

Apr 2022
was pretty mediocre all the way but the animation was better than what i expected from the trailers and at the very least i enjoyed that, 6/10 and ofc the second season is already announced.
Mar 30, 6:11 PM
Jan 2021
Yoooooo, when the rising part inclluding Igris is so Badass
Mar 30, 6:11 PM
Jan 2021
Yoooooo, when the rising part inclluding Igris is so Badass
Mar 30, 6:24 PM
Oct 2023
Looks like Jinwoo unlocked a new ability an op one at that and revived Igris and his army.Looks like monsters on the island are evolving. Solo leveling was a good experience cant wait for a second season.
Mar 30, 6:26 PM

Sep 2023
Great finale, Jinwoo becomes a necromancer, I was not expecting that! I was impressed by the animation of the soldiers and golem, A-1 gave their best effort for the finale, no ugly CGI.

This is a pretty basic power fantasy story but it gave us some impressive and epic moments throughout the season. I wish that the pace was a bit better and that we learned more about other aspects of the world and the "system". Still one of the best anime of winter 2024, I am between an 8 and a 9, I'll be nice and give it 9/10.
Mar 30, 7:06 PM
Dec 2019
GAS GAS GAS ASF ARISE!!!!!!!!!!! ARISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 30, 7:06 PM

Jan 2021
Amazing series they just announced a s2 can’t wait fr
Mar 30, 7:22 PM

Jul 2016
Gotta love how MC didn't fail the Challenge even though he got teleported to another place so he could heal and level up for FOUR hours and then come back to resume the combat without trouble.
Not to mention it was rather dumb how he never realized there were Mages around. All those cool skills to buff strength and perception yet MC couldn't see 6 Mages with huge portal gates at their backs? Okay.

As expected, mediocre show from beginning to end. Both writing and characters were abysmal and the constant cuts to other irrelevant events in this last couple of episodes totally ruined the flow of the fight against Igris and his knights.

5/10 - Visuals were, of course, outstanding and OST was solid but they weren't enough to make up for such lame story.
SouthRzVaMar 30, 7:26 PM
Mar 30, 7:30 PM

Jun 2015
This show would have been goated if it was a full season like twenty five episodes or even fifty. Every problem I have seen commented in this thread would've been solved with a full adaptation. I don t understand why they did this.
Read Toriko!
Mar 30, 7:36 PM
Jul 2023
peak but the previous episode was even better
Mar 30, 7:45 PM

Aug 2020
This episode was really cool. These last four had a nice flow, and the fact that I watched them in rows added to the experience. All in all, a nice series. I'd love to see more of it and read the manhwa.

Mar 30, 8:10 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Arise. It’s all that needs to be said. Solo Leveling successfully adapts the manhwa and light novel without any noticeable negative impacts. There may have been padding here or there or added things that were further in the series, but all in all I think it was a great show and worthy of 8/10. The next season has already been announced and I can’t wait to watch it 👏👏👏
Mar 30, 8:17 PM
Apr 2023
Oh wow Jinwoo can finally summon 'baby-sitters' 😉
Season 2 is announced but no timeline yet, but looking forward to it. A-1's director for this anime really did a great job and from what the rumors are saying, it seems there might be more seasons to come after season 2 - well that's not a problem because the main source material has already concluded so there's plenty more from where this came from.
Mar 30, 8:18 PM
Aug 2018
This was a fantastic final episode. It gives us a lot of good content alongside letting us know that more will come!
Mar 30, 8:21 PM

Mar 2019
I enjoyed it because the animation, voice acting, and entertaining concept in general, but it's going to have to offer more plot in season 2 other than Jin-Woo heading into dungeons, overcoming the odds, and learning new abilities. A training arc is fine, as are gaining new powers here and there, but 12 episodes of mostly the same story every week was kind of crazy. I'm surprised that I liked it as much as I did given how little story there was.
Mar 30, 8:26 PM

May 2021
Shadow Monarch is an absolute dope title. Arise now, ye Tarnished.

Pretty good show for what I was expecting of it.

Mar 30, 9:12 PM
Jul 2020
this adaptation did not let me down, it exceeded my expectations
Mar 30, 9:18 PM
Apr 2023
This was one of the best episode so far this season this studio really cooked and proved the haters shit in pants. for the 12 episodes they really adapted very faithfully according to the source material. I just cannot wait for the second cour!!!!
Mar 30, 9:25 PM
Apr 2018
nothing better than to shut your brain and enjoy some sick epicness, if you want ''good writing'' go read a book, haiiil power fantasy
Mar 30, 9:43 PM

Dec 2018
Ugh, the anticipation is killing me. Based Igris is now a vassal of Jinwoo. I wish there was just one more episode, I'm frothing at the mouth for what happens next.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2

276 by ShadowkillZ »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

725 by Mehrlon198 »»
Today, 4:02 AM

» Solo Leveling's Hype

Arminken - Apr 27

47 by Naveen6662246 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

255 by ShadowkillZ »»
Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 10

409 by ShadowkillZ »»
Apr 28, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.