Forum Settings
Forums

is the spot for your #1 fave anime fixed or flexible ?

New
Mar 29, 9:01 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
as simple as the title says, is there a chance that someday your #1 anime will be dethroned or are you just like me who no matter how great of a show comes, the #1 stop is fixed maybe #2 onwards spot could be replaced.

also what is that #1 anime for you ?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 29, 9:17 PM

Aug 2018
Clannad is pretty special and they don't make them like that anymore. It will be my #1 for ever and ever.
Mar 29, 9:20 PM

Nov 2023
The Promised Neverland, Yeah, The bar is very high but it can be reached so it would take a very long time.
Ratris_DecisionMar 29, 9:24 PM
Mar 29, 9:28 PM

May 2019
Yeah, i'm not changing Queen's Blade N°1 spot for anything else.

Mar 29, 9:34 PM

Dec 2022
Flexible, at least in the sense that I don't have a "fixed" favourite anime. In fact, I don't even have a single favourite anime, and I consider all my 10s more or less equal.

Is it possible to naturally have a fixed favourite anime? Can you really completely preclude the possibility of any anime out there possibly becoming your new favourite?

Shaded Horizon

Mar 29, 9:37 PM
Oct 2019
Nah Steins;Gate has always been my number 1 since the time I watched it in 2013. It's more position 6-20 that are flexible.
Mar 29, 9:55 PM

Mar 2016
It’s definitely flexible, not sure why it wouldn’t be. The monogatari series has been my #1 for a good while, but if I eventually watch something that I enjoy more than it I have no issue moving that show to 1st on my favorites list. As it is, I have considered multiple times when rewatching whether to move Yorimoi from 2 to 1, but still think I prefer monogatari slightly more. That being said, my top 4 are on another level from the rest of my favorites and will likely be hard to displace so I don’t see it happening anytime soon.
Mar 29, 10:04 PM

Feb 2019
My number 1 spot is flexible to some degree. Over the years it changed many times but for the past 3 years it's been interchangeable with three anime. Those being: Bakemonogatari, Serial Experiments Lain, & FLCL.
Mar 29, 10:09 PM

Jan 2019
Theoretically, it's supposed to be flexible but after so many years no anime has yet to top Fate/Zero.
Fate/Zero is one of the first 50 anime I've watched, not that I watched many anime since but it's been nearly 5 years and no one has surpassed it in my opinion
Mar 29, 10:20 PM
Aug 2022
Nothing will ever top Spirited Away for me. That movie is really important to me. I don't see any other anime having the same impact.
Mar 29, 10:21 PM

May 2022
It's flexible, over the past few years I've been really good at choosing anime I actually like. Every now and then I'll find a new masterpiece that may or may not become my new #1.
Mar 29, 10:21 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Flexible, as I always hope that I come across even better anime than my number one someday in the future ^.^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 29, 10:26 PM

Nov 2021
I don’t really have a number 1 anime, idk how to rank every 10 i gave, so I don’t bother changing my favs anymore, I guess it’s just equal for me. Can’t say the same thing with manga coz my most fav manga has recently been dethroned.
Mar 29, 10:31 PM

Oct 2014
well, i watch a lot less anime these days than i used to. that could be me growing out of it, or anime becoming worse (i'm guessing a bit of both). which means that the possibility that an anime comes out and dethrones my current favorite, which has been my favorite for over a decade, is a bit unlikely imo.
Mar 29, 10:32 PM

Apr 2021
at this point i no longer have just 1 anime as my absolute fav, i currently have 4 which i have on a league on their own, its very likely ill found another one to add in this tier, however i found unlikely i will ever find 1 that will surpass this tier.
Mar 29, 10:35 PM

Jul 2017
Flexible for sure. If there is an anime in the future that I consider to be my new #1 favorite, then I see no reason why I shouldn't be honest about it being my new #1 favorite.
Mar 29, 10:36 PM

Nov 2023
As long as my respect towards Tooru remains. My top 1 anime is fixed
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you
And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine
Mar 29, 10:46 PM

Feb 2020
It used to be flexible, but now I think Star☆Twinkle Pretty Cure is the peak. I'm probably not going to change that.

SerafosMar 29, 11:06 PM
Mar 29, 10:46 PM

Nov 2016
My #1 changed about 3 times towards 12 years of watching so its flexible. You can never say that there won't be better anime than your #1 because we have each season xy new animes/sequels.
Mar 29, 11:00 PM

Jul 2013
All my top 5s anime are from 15 - 18 years ago, It can't be changed since I'm just a sucker for nostalgia thing. Watching those anime on my fat computer with my relatives, I miss those times and always reminiscence of it till now.
trust me, I'm a moon expert
Mar 29, 11:03 PM
Dec 2020
nah, it's never changing, haven't seen an anime that gave me that feel special feeling like aot did
Mar 29, 11:06 PM

May 2020
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood has been my favorite anime since I first watched it, but a few shows like Mob Psycho 100, Mushoku Tensei, and Frieren have given it a run for its money.
Mar 29, 11:41 PM

Jun 2011
It's very much flexible, however, it will take a truly special anime to replace it. My last 10/10 anime came out in 2010, I have watched a lot of 9/10 anime since, but not many quite make it to my 10/10, let alone replacing my favorite. Baby Steps (2014) came close, I had it at 10/10 but I changed it to 9/10 considering the animation flaw (off model characters).
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 30, 12:39 AM

Dec 2012
Unlikely, but if it ever happens I wouldn't mind.

It's Monster
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Mar 30, 1:00 AM

Jan 2009
ye its flexible but for decades now gurren lagann remains the top
Mar 30, 1:07 AM

Jan 2023
Considering I have about five or six #1 anime I wouldn't say the top spot is fixed no.
These five or six mentioned animes just keep taking and losing that top spot depending on my mood of the moment :)
Mar 30, 1:25 AM

Mar 2012
Completely flexible, more like I have plenty of anime that I like but I never really thought about which would be my new #1 after I started hating Kyo Kara Maoh which was my #1 for a long time.
Mar 30, 1:31 AM

Nov 2018
Kino's been #1 for years now, and even if she gets dethroned someday, nothing will ever replace Dragon Ball in my heart.
Mar 30, 1:38 AM

Dec 2020
Steins;Gate was very special for me, it has been my favorite for quite a couple of years. If I encounter any show that felt better than this, then I'll gladly claim that as my #1.
                                                                                                                                                                                      My reviews

Mar 30, 1:42 AM

Mar 2023
If any anime should replace Monster as my #1 then the world would be shattered.
SpunkertMar 30, 1:47 AM
Mar 30, 1:49 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Very flexible- heck I don't even have A favorite anime at the moment; rather just a handful that I really really really like.

I guess my favorite anime is so flexible that it could be whatever I'm currently watching, as long as it's really good; I am very prone to recency bias.

Actually scratch all that- I haven't finished it yet, but when I do, I think I can almost safely say that Freiren will become my favorite anime.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 30, 1:55 AM

Oct 2010
all my top 7 anime are equally beloved by me, I can only add more to the table
Mar 30, 2:42 AM

Apr 2020
If I'm gonna have to look at Anime in a critical manner, I don't have a problem moving Gintama around the list.

I'm aware that my love for Gintama has more to do with how it affected me during a certain point of my life than its overall quality as an Anime so, I don't have a problem acknowledging its flaws and consider that some Anime may have had done better in some important Anime aspects. But that's only if I have to rank things critically as a story/show.
As a favorite, Gintama will always be at the top of my list.
"I will use my ball to make you remember." -- Haruka Kiyomine, 2024
Mar 30, 3:42 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Nothing will ever beat Redo of Healer. It's a perfect story. The only thing it's missing is a 2nd season and sex scenes with the black haired demon lord girl.
Mar 30, 4:44 AM

Nov 2017
It is flexible. If I like something more than my current favorites. It may be my number one. I am not a biggest fanboy of some series.
Mar 30, 5:08 AM
Jan 2021
My number 1 has been fixed for 6 or 7 years now, and I've had my number 2 since 2020. Number 3 is probably not going anywhere, but I'd say my top 10 after that are pretty flexible since I don't really think about it.
Mar 30, 5:49 AM

May 2023
Def fixed. Especially since it was my first too. NGE is locked in first forever
Mar 30, 6:10 AM

Jul 2014
Evangelion is too personal to me for anything to dethrone it at this point, but never say never I guess.
Take care of yourself

Mar 30, 6:12 AM

Jun 2019
I don't have an all-time top favorite. Just a pool of shows that I really like that gets bigger and bigger.
Mar 30, 6:31 AM

Oct 2013
Well, to be honest, there are several shows I consider as my "top1" ones. All of them are just placed ex aequo on my personal list of favorites.

But assuming we are talking about one show I find as my absolute favorite anime in a certain category, then, I say its position is rather stable, but not fixed. It's hard to dethrone my favorite anime from its spot on the top, but I don't consider it as impossible. After all, my list of favorite shows has changed multiple times over the course of many years.
Mar 30, 6:32 AM

Mar 2021
It always switches between jojo and one piece so fixed ig
Mar 30, 7:10 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to Archean-Return
Flexible, at least in the sense that I don't have a "fixed" favourite anime. In fact, I don't even have a single favourite anime, and I consider all my 10s more or less equal.

Is it possible to naturally have a fixed favourite anime? Can you really completely preclude the possibility of any anime out there possibly becoming your new favourite?
Very interesting topic! In my case is Legend of Galactic Heroes. I like more strategy & political shows than for example hentai & children-in-school TV series. So even if there are 2 animes of equal value of both genres, i will put the number 1 spot of the genres i like most. Before LOGH was Death Note probably, and before that, long long time ago, maybe Sword Art Online. DN for me is 10. But also FMAB is a 10. But FMAB never entered in my top1. It is in my top5 anyway.

I think it will be very difficult to dethrone LOGH. In fact i have a sense that the number of excellent anime is limited and the more i watch excellent anime, the less they are to watch. I know this is impossible because new anime are arising and that stuff but is a feeling I have. And i hope im wrong, but most of my favorites TV series are from a previous decade. How is it possible? So, yes, not fixed, but difficult to move.

@Archean-Return
Archean-Return said:
Is it possible to naturally have a fixed favorite anime? Can you really completely preclude the possibility of any anime out there possibly becoming your new favourite?
> Here we can debate on how people love to play around favorite stuff. People always have a favorite football player, a favorite football team. So once u liked an anime a lot, then it may happen that you put arguments to justify the top1 spot for that particular anime.
For example, i love Kaiji TV-Series. I think its undervalued so i naturally give it more than FMAB, for example, that everybody knows its great.

@Andiff
Andiff said:
. That being said, my top 4 are on another level from the rest of my favorites and will likely be hard to displace so I don’t see it happening anytime soon
In my top10 i also like to put different animes of different genres, for example is not the same genre Black Lagoon than Steins Gate.

NubFix said:
Theoretically, it's supposed to be flexible but after so many years no anime has yet to top Fate/Zero.
Fate/Zero is one of the first 50 anime I've watched, not that I watched many anime since but it's been nearly 5 years and no one has surpassed it in my opinion
@NubFix everybody has each unique anime top1, but since yours is Fate/Zero.. can you help me (we can discuss private) on what do you see in that anime? Ive watched it but its difficult for me to find something more apart from cool fights!
Mar 30, 7:21 AM
Aug 2021
Vinland Saga is the perfect story for me. It'd be very hard to beat. HxH is an extremely close second, so if they do somehow end up continuing it, then MAYBE it will dethrone Vinland. Otherwise, I think VS will remain my all-time #1.
Mar 30, 7:53 AM

Dec 2022
#1 place is always reserved for Date A Live no matter how good of an anime I watch. They can compete for the second place but the first is always occupied.

-Tohka is better than Kurumi. You can't change my mind. 

Mar 30, 8:06 AM

Jan 2023
86 Eighty-Six will forever remain as my number one, it’s become so special and invaluable to me that I really can’t see anything topping it ever.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Mar 30, 10:15 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
@Archean-Return
Archean-Return said:
Is it possible to naturally have a fixed favourite anime?

★ i think it actually is because most people have attachment issues which makes them hyperfixated to something.

Can you really completely preclude the possibility of any anime out there possibly becoming your new favourite?

★ well of course not, but i think #1 anime is "at top" because perhaps as i said "hperfixation" but also there is history behind why it is at top and maybe most people cling onto it, sometimes liking it as you know small personality trait.

but ofc i don't speak for everyone :)
Mar 30, 10:17 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
BaronLukis said:
Very interesting topic!

if that was meant for me, thank you very much and thank you everyone for the insights ☼☼☼
Mar 30, 10:23 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Andiff said:
It’s definitely flexible, not sure why it wouldn’t be.

uh i think a lot people just keep their most "special" anime at top and when i say #1 i mean their most fave ...not really the best one they've watched but ofc people are different hence some like to keep switching with better things they come across and some just have that one anime that they hold close to their heart. like as you said monogatari is very special to you...something like that but instead of you just enjoying it, some of us just get hyperfixated with it. no harm in being any of the two of course.
Mar 30, 10:25 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Reply to wxsb
All my top 5s anime are from 15 - 18 years ago, It can't be changed since I'm just a sucker for nostalgia thing. Watching those anime on my fat computer with my relatives, I miss those times and always reminiscence of it till now.
@wxsb this is what makes them special because you just not miss the anime you miss the memories attached with it. we humans put so many scales for things we adore so i can see why it's hard to replace things that are at top, like #1 anime in this topic.
Mar 30, 10:36 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to ame
Andiff said:
It’s definitely flexible, not sure why it wouldn’t be.

uh i think a lot people just keep their most "special" anime at top and when i say #1 i mean their most fave ...not really the best one they've watched but ofc people are different hence some like to keep switching with better things they come across and some just have that one anime that they hold close to their heart. like as you said monogatari is very special to you...something like that but instead of you just enjoying it, some of us just get hyperfixated with it. no harm in being any of the two of course.
@soniyay yeah I get this, as I don’t care about “objective quality” of shows either and place much more importance on my overall feelings about the anime, I just don’t understand why it wouldn’t be possible to watch an anime eventually that becomes more “special” to you then whatever show currently is now. I’m assuming prior to you watching whatever your current number 1 is, you originally had something else there that your current #1 replaced, so I just don’t understand why it couldn’t happen again was all I was saying.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why do veteran weebs hate "casuals"? ( 1 2 )

Clovis - Apr 29

50 by Anjuro »»
37 seconds ago

» Where to Watch Nora

Wakarimas-en - 16 minutes ago

2 by cyandaqil »»
2 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems?

NoelleIsSleepy - 2 hours ago

32 by Toooooooooohru »»
5 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

87 by SpeedyAlchemist »»
18 minutes ago

» Anime Dubs from early 2000's - early 2010's

EverRealm - 8 hours ago

6 by LoveLikeBlood »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.